Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014566 times)

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.3i "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-12-17)
« Reply #4365 on: January 07, 2022, 12:47:18 PM »

How exactly are you supposed to invade late game?I keep throwing 1000s of soldiers but they keep winning with barely any soldiers in their slots.

Bring some ships with ground support hull mod package, mostly.  Using ECM or other invasion abilities added by mod also helps, although the one ability that requires a single SP to use is crazy overpriced since SP generation at endgame kinda wonky.

Also, unfortunately mod invasions kinda seem to require a tactical bombardment for success, which does appear to be a possible balance issue.  But since no real solution to this, gotta live with it for now...
I wasn't always a Judge...

TontonBoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: January 07, 2022, 01:34:15 PM »

How exactly are you supposed to invade late game?

You can do it multiple times in a row wilting their defense more and more with each pass. And costing them a lot of stability - and thus ruining their defense in the middle-long term and for subsequent invasions. But you need to leave and come back with fresh troops and ships pretty fast for it to work.

You can also harass the planet beforehand - destroying supply fleets and/or raiding the planet. Agents work well too. Same goal : get stability to drop and thus ruining their defense potential. Time consuming and can be hazardous to your reputation if supply fleets are from other factions. Take care to especially destroy the "Relief fleets".

You could order an invasion fleet from the Z menu and work with them when they arrive.

You have options.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4368 on: January 07, 2022, 05:35:09 PM »

Ground Support hullmods also let you deploy more troops at once.

I think the math is simpler than that (although I could be wrong, dunno if mod also changes this for invasion).  As far as I can tell, it just increases effectiveness of marines up to whatever ceiling is hit (either # of marines or # of ships with hull mod).  So 1000 marines with 5 Valkyries = 1500 marines, while with 5 Phantoms = 2000 marines.  But if it also affects literal deployment amount in mod, that should prolly be more clearly noted somewhere.
I wasn't always a Judge...

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4369 on: January 07, 2022, 06:28:16 PM »

It's stated in the movement points tooltip (if you had any ground support the previous turn) and also the ground support tooltip in the info panel. I think I'll put it somewhere in the help panel as well.

wsdude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4370 on: January 08, 2022, 07:57:32 AM »

It's stated in the movement points tooltip (if you had any ground support the previous turn) and also the ground support tooltip in the info panel. I think I'll put it somewhere in the help panel as well.
Ok I found out you can interact with the "minigame" while the invasion is going on by going to intel and clicking on the ongoing invasion tab which made me bombard every 2 turns making everything alot easier.

Just FYI I thought you could only interact with the minigame tab before starting the invasion and couldn't interact with it until the invasion ended.Turns out you can access it by clicking the invasion "intel" tab.

TontonBoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: January 08, 2022, 09:31:50 AM »

Turns out you can access it by clicking the invasion "intel" tab.

Or each "turn" when you get notified bottom left of the battle progress you can clic that and get to the invasion screen. Very handy.

Droll

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: January 08, 2022, 02:06:26 PM »

How do I find out what my factions alignments are? Do I have any control over what alignments my faction has?

Right now all I see is that some factions don't like my alignment and others do.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4373 on: January 09, 2022, 06:35:56 AM »

Player faction has no alignments, and this can't be changed ingame. NPC factions' alignments can be seen in the diplomacy profiles tab of the Intel screen.

(To join an alliance, the faction needs to have a non-negative score for that alignment. To form an alliance, the two factions involved need an alignment where their scores sum to 1 or more.)

HollandOats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: January 09, 2022, 10:28:12 AM »

Is there a way to spawn a large invasion fleet using the console command mod? I've used the SpawnInvasionFleet command but the few times I've used it it tends to spawn pretty small, non-threatening fleets.

Similarly is there a way to use the console to spawn rebellions on planets (Preferably with an option to change how strong they are)?

I've been looking for a way to role-play removing the decivilized subpop market condition and figured that creating a large invasion/rebellion to put down would be a fun option.

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: January 09, 2022, 11:33:40 AM »

I assume if you're commissioned by a faction all your conquests go to that faction?

I founded a few independent colonies but am commissioned with Tri Tachyon.  One of those colonies was conquered by someone else, so then I took it back.  It went to Tri Tachyon though rather than back to being an independent colony. 

Inhilicon

• Lieutenant
  • I like when the ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: January 09, 2022, 12:09:02 PM »

I was wondering about a few things. Faction resurgence - how does the mod pick what faction to get to make a resurgence attempt? I'm playing with the Mayasuran mod and they were wiped out very early and not even once have they gotten to make a resurgence.

Can I change the time for resurgence to occur without messing up my save? As in, this: "factionRespawnInterval"

HollandOats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4377 on: January 09, 2022, 12:16:51 PM »

I assume if you're commissioned by a faction all your conquests go to that faction?

I founded a few independent colonies but am commissioned with Tri Tachyon.  One of those colonies was conquered by someone else, so then I took it back.  It went to Tri Tachyon though rather than back to being an independent colony.

There's an option in the battle screen after you conquer a planet where you can take a colony under your own control at the cost of some reputation with the faction you're commissioned with.

Droll

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4378 on: January 09, 2022, 02:20:41 PM »

Player faction has no alignments, and this can't be changed ingame. NPC factions' alignments can be seen in the diplomacy profiles tab of the Intel screen.

If I have no alignments then why is it that I have a disposition penalty due to alignments in the diplo screen?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4379 on: January 09, 2022, 05:04:22 PM »

I was wondering about a few things. Faction resurgence - how does the mod pick what faction to get to make a resurgence attempt? I'm playing with the Mayasuran mod and they were wiped out very early and not even once have they gotten to make a resurgence.

Can I change the time for resurgence to occur without messing up my save? As in, this: "factionRespawnInterval"
That's the setting you need to change, yeah. Although the new number is only used ingame once the current interval ends.

The faction that "gets to go" is picked randomly from all eligible-to-respawn factions (not set to non-respawning, not on cooldown, and hasn't used up all respawn chances).
Speaking of that last, the chances used number is incremented again if the faction gets back in the game for whatever reason, such as player giving them a planet (i.e. launching a respawn invasion which then succeeds uses up two chances). It shouldn't double dip like that, I'll change it.

If I have no alignments then why is it that I have a disposition penalty due to alignments in the diplo screen?
Huh, I'd forgotten that there's a (bidirectional) bonus/penalty based on the sum of the factions' Diplomatic alignment.

Is there a way to spawn a large invasion fleet using the console command mod? I've used the SpawnInvasionFleet command but the few times I've used it it tends to spawn pretty small, non-threatening fleets.

Similarly is there a way to use the console to spawn rebellions on planets (Preferably with an option to change how strong they are)?

I've been looking for a way to role-play removing the decivilized subpop market condition and figured that creating a large invasion/rebellion to put down would be a fun option.
The console command uses the standard scaling of invasion fleet size to target strength; for custom size you'd need to figure out a runcode command.

To spawn a new rebellion you can use this command, replacing the market ID appropriately:
runcode exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel.startDebugEvent("<internal market ID>")
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 05:07:02 PM by Histidine »
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 396