Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3012953 times)

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Nexerelin v0.10.3i "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-12-17)
« Reply #4320 on: December 28, 2021, 01:22:09 PM »

Get TASC and make them decent.

Or lower your standards. Any planet's a profit eventually.

Was there like another Sseth video or something?  Seems to be a lot of new peeps on forums, all complaining about game difficulty, just wanna skip straight to the profitable colony or whatever.  Don't get me wrong, I prolly complained a year ago, but still... getting kinda ridiculous.
I wasn't always a Judge...

Dakaru

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: December 28, 2021, 03:23:02 PM »

Got the same *** happen to me.They wiped out the purple faction pretty fast and then dominated perseon league pretty fast.
Any mod that might keep a check on them?

Sindrian Diktat always gets rolled first, Nex logic for faction's choosing targets is kinda brutal like that (seriously, make sure to have enough money for multiple colonies or at least defenses, or player's colony might get rolled as soon as it hits Pop level 4).  But mod author Histidine has stated before on multiple occasions that some of the issues underlying the aggression relate to vanilla stuff he can't change.  His primary/only suggestion for this is add a few faction mods to balance out power equation, since small factions will band together/ally in order to not get rolled.  In my current game, TT is in a triple alliance with some mod factions, they basically ate Luddic Church so far and are on verge of giving Heg a run for all marbles (originally was 4 way alliance with Diktat, but Diktat was finally conquered after about 20 years in game).  Quite an interesting game so far (although I helped a little with killing Church, they just had to invade one of my colonies).

I turned on random sector generation and then turned off the default power balancing and now the game is fine.  All factions started equally and conduct diplomacy in a normal manner.  Once they all teamed up the diplomatic side has ground to a halt though, but it seems to be working as intended!  The hegemony still has an edge - but now I'm fifty cycles in and no one faction is a complete victor.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: December 28, 2021, 03:58:15 PM »

I turned on random sector generation and then turned off the default power balancing and now the game is fine.  All factions started equally and conduct diplomacy in a normal manner.  Once they all teamed up the diplomatic side has ground to a halt though, but it seems to be working as intended!  The hegemony still has an edge - but now I'm fifty cycles in and no one faction is a complete victor.

Cool, but that requires random sector generation.  Which usually spreads factions out... but wow 50 cycles?!  Most people either win or start a new game by then.  Wonder if there is a max time limit for game (112 cycles maybe?).

Dakaru

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: December 28, 2021, 07:29:03 PM »

Cool, but that requires random sector generation.  Which usually spreads factions out... but wow 50 cycles?!  Most people either win or start a new game by then.  Wonder if there is a max time limit for game (112 cycles maybe?).

I left the game running just to see how the diplomacy would run with these settings.  I think maybe 3 were actual playtime.

I kept populated systems at 12 and basically each faction started with 2 planets all in the core systems.

enigma74

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: December 28, 2021, 10:13:29 PM »

Edit: I've finally found some good loot, I think I just have a very desolate sector.  I've pretty much already conquered the whole sector, I just kept exploring to see what was up with this game.  Despite exploring 5 neutron stars and 4 black holes, pretty much nothing in the entire western half of my sector, which is where I built my colonies.  I finally found some remnants in the eastern half, and as soon as I found them some good loot started to appear.

Anyone get this possible bug?  Random core worlds enabled, no mods other than nexerelin enabled, along with needed libraries.

I've explored about 20% of the galaxy and have found mostly domain probes, and I've "exhausted" their loot since the last 10 probes have only given me fuel/supplies/normal loot.  No more blueprints or otherwise special colony items like a synchotron.  I've found zero equipment/technology caches, and only 1 research station the whole time.  I explore every planet and ruin, and basically I've gotten nothing useful except normal vendor items.  I thoroughly explore all planets, the center black hole / sun, and each hyperspace exit.  Just tons of probes, no caches, and very rare research stations.

Was there a loot table change in .95.1a?  I feel like great loot was easily obtainable in .91, where the good stuff was everywhere and I couldn't look through 2 systems without being showered in wealth.

Also, I notice that there are no REDACTED enemies anywhere to be found, so there's not even a place to farm cores.  Does anyone else also notice the lack or rare loot now? Maybe there was a balance change by Alex and now the rare stuff is actually rare.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 05:05:21 PM by enigma74 »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: December 29, 2021, 05:17:43 PM »

I get a weird crash when choosing the tutorial start with Nex. Once the bar gets to full, it just crashes.
I don't actually have a log, because- and this is what makes it weird- loading the game again works fine. Same character, no crash.

Just thought I should mention it, least no-one do so.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: December 29, 2021, 05:20:55 PM »

I get a weird crash when choosing the tutorial start with Nex. Once the bar gets to full, it just crashes.
I don't actually have a log, because- and this is what makes it weird- loading the game again works fine. Same character, no crash.

I thought that was a known bug, basically have to skip tutorial if using Nex IIRC.  Or maybe start tutorial at lvl 2?  But I guess maybe that got changed since you seem to have been able to load the game again without issue...

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4327 on: December 29, 2021, 05:37:32 PM »

I thought that was a known bug, basically have to skip tutorial if using Nex IIRC.  Or maybe start tutorial at lvl 2?  But I guess maybe that got changed since you seem to have been able to load the game again without issue...
I thought Starsector 0.95.1a fixes that issue (and indeed it didn't appear in my test just now).
(I took Nex's warning of the bug out from 0.10.3i, but it should still be in 0.10.3g)

Anyone get this possible bug?  Random core worlds enabled, no mods other than nexerelin enabled, along with needed libraries.

I've explored about 20% of the galaxy and have found mostly domain probes, and I've "exhausted" their loot since the last 10 probes have only given me fuel/supplies/normal loot.  No more blueprints or otherwise special colony items like a synchotron.  I've found zero equipment/technology caches, and only 1 research station the whole time.  I explore every planet and ruin, and basically I've gotten nothing useful except normal vendor items.  I thoroughly explore all planets, the center black hole / sun, and each hyperspace exit.  Just tons of probes, no caches, and very rare research stations.

Was there a loot table change in .95.1a?  I feel like great loot was easily obtainable in .91, where the good stuff was everywhere and I couldn't look through 2 systems without being showered in wealth.

Also, I notice that there are no REDACTED enemies anywhere to be found, so there's not even a place to farm cores.  Does anyone else also notice the lack or rare loot now? Maybe there was a balance change by Alex and now the rare stuff is actually rare.
Nex doesn't touch that stuff. But yeah, I vaguely recall some discussion on things being rarer since 0.95, especially pristine nanoforges.

Might be good to follow up the probe -> survey ship -> mothership breadcrumb trails, if you've picked up any. Also neutron stars should still have fairly common research stations next to the star.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 08:51:18 PM by Histidine »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: December 29, 2021, 05:43:25 PM »

Maybe I haven't done a tutorial start in 0.95.1? Huh.

Huh, guess I really haven't. No crash for me either.
Apologies for the waste of time.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: December 29, 2021, 05:43:41 PM »

Nex doesn't touch that stuff. But yeah, I vaguely recall some discussion on things being rarer since 0.95, especially pristine nanoforges.

Because .95 added a bunch of extra colony items to rare pool, it has led to some "inflation," for lack of a better term.  Plus, certain mods (specifically Kentington's terraforming mod off top of my head, but prolly others also) also further inflate said rare item pool, so currently player basically has to raid factions in core for for some things... plus also harder to use colony items now, darn synchrotron core needs no atmosphere instead of just giving pollution!  But here's hoping Kentington fixes their mod soon!

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4330 on: December 29, 2021, 05:49:56 PM »

(forgot to reply to this post earlier)
Remember the last photo or few photos the player chose.
Remember the name the player last chose.
Already remembers settings in the same session... but maybe remember them between loads?

And here's the big part: Separate the character / universe generation from the planet/faction generation.

A player getting ready to generate a new game may not want their first planet, etc. Even just remembering those initial choices would save a lot of repeatative motions.

Bonus points if My Faction remembers your name, flag, prefix, etc.

And THEN generate my new faction, new character fleet location, or whatever.

And if it sucks.... keep as many of those choices as possible to generate a new one.

... 'Cause I just want to start PLAYING!
All this stuff is for vanilla (so maybe suggest to Alex if you haven't already), except the Nex start settings. I might implement persistence for those (with a reset button) at some point, maybe not right away.

Though personally I create a new (as in different name, appearance and faction identity) character for each run anyway.

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: December 29, 2021, 10:09:19 PM »

Question about Slipstreams: Where's the "OFF" switch?
They're not nex, they're base game.
If you find one moving in a direction you don't like, you're just gonna have to be blown off course.

Or just don't take it... storm surfing strategy still alive and well.  Or come back after the switch!

Doesn't help when you're trying to get to somewhere on the opposite side of the slipstream and it's one of the ones that coves one third of the sector.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: December 29, 2021, 10:13:31 PM »

I gifted a planet to a faction thinking that it would help it. But unfortunately even after a year in-game, the factions hadn't built a single thing in it. Is that expected?

It would be great if factions build security and other economy buildings according to the planet resources

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: December 29, 2021, 11:29:21 PM »

I actually gifted a faction a planet with Heavy Industry (Sindria to Scalartech, to be precise) and they actually dismantled the heavy industry for some reason, thus yeeting the CForge into the aether. Was sort of wondering what was up with that.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4334 on: December 30, 2021, 02:00:50 AM »

I gifted a planet to a faction thinking that it would help it. But unfortunately even after a year in-game, the factions hadn't built a single thing in it. Is that expected?

It would be great if factions build security and other economy buildings according to the planet resources
NPCs check whether to build stuff when receiving the colony from player, or when it grows in size. They can choose not to build anything when the check takes place, though.

I actually gifted a faction a planet with Heavy Industry (Sindria to Scalartech, to be precise) and they actually dismantled the heavy industry for some reason, thus yeeting the CForge into the aether. Was sort of wondering what was up with that.
If a faction already has a heavy industry somewhere, and the new one isn't adequately defended, they'll dismantle it; this is protection against an exploit for easy BP raids.
Though in the current dev version I've fixed it so the nanoforge doesn't vanish forever when this happens (it'll be put on a submarket for sale).
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 396