Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013504 times)

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.3d "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-11-20)
« Reply #4215 on: November 21, 2021, 08:09:39 PM »

Hotfix for a freeze occurring in games started with previous Nex versions.

Nexerelin v0.10.3e
Download

Changelog
* Fix hang on generating fleet for an invasion intel that was started in previous version

You should probably remove the "Traded with enemy" penalty when the said enemy you traded with is your commissioning faction. Because that's just silly - you are supposed to be a member of said faction and your relation score is synched up with theirs. Why would a faction become angered by you and your superiours trading with each other?
IIRC, the last time I looked into it, it was too deep in vanilla code for me to want to change. Now I'm not even sure where the code is, though.
Will probably look into it, the rep penalty is indeed silly.
Ah yes, the most painful part of a Nexerelin update... trying to figure out all the changes you made to the config file to transfer over.  :P

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.3f "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-11-22)
« Reply #4216 on: November 22, 2021, 04:01:02 AM »

Having a real Vayra moment these days

Nexerelin v0.10.3f
Download

Changelog
* Fix invasions not autoresolving if player is far away
* Try to fix misleading invasion intel title if ground battle succeeds before invasion success notification is sent

I've noticed that compared to 0.10.3c, starting new games as your own faction in 0.10.3e is now much more likely (seemingly 100%) to have you start within the core worlds itself, rather than a random system in a constellation adjacent to the core worlds with a fairly hospitable starting planet. Given the severe lack of habitable but uncolonized core worlds left in the default map, this means you're now much more likely to start with your first colony on an extremely hazardous world, such as a toxic, cryovolcanic, or even gas giant planet. You can then add farmland to your deathly inhospitable world with your starting picks, which is weird.

I preferred the old method of spawning where you could roll the dice on system composition but was mostly guaranteed to start on a fairly decent planet, rather than this version where you're much more likely to start off somewhere harsh, already with hundreds of thousands or even millions of colonists present, while being locked into a small handful of starting systems with known layouts even if random starting location is picked. I'm not sure if this was intended behavior, but I'm hoping in the future, spawn distance from the central cluster might be made into a new game toggle.
Probably a not (entirely) intended effect of changes I recall making to how it picks the player starting planet. Thanks for bringing it up! I expect to look into it before the next major release.

Ah yes, the most painful part of a Nexerelin update... trying to figure out all the changes you made to the config file to transfer over.  :P
It might be a good idea to make your own mod (with a name like "ZZ personal changes") so it loads last, and put a config file in that mod containing (only) your changes. So you know everything that's been modified, and they aren't lost when updating/reinstalling the mod.

imscoutin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.3f "SpaceLand Battle" (hotfix 2021-11-22)
« Reply #4217 on: November 22, 2021, 08:51:56 AM »

After either installing e or f, my marines started losing xp. I can gain exp, but it slowly goes to 0. Theres a bunch of mods, but this is the only one I have updated. No changes to the config.

Talinoth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: November 22, 2021, 07:25:51 PM »

Something weird happened when I sent out some colonisation fleets to a nearby system.

Sent out three separate fleets to colonise all three planets at the same time. The first and third fleet just produced a normal Size 3 Colony, but then...

The second one of them instantly hit Size 6! How did that happen I wonder?

https://imgur.com/a/2RuAzS4

I'm not complaining, but I wonder how I managed to fit 1 million people inside that fleet?

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.3f "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-11-22)
« Reply #4219 on: November 22, 2021, 07:28:13 PM »

.... It might be a good idea to make your own mod (with a name like "ZZ personal changes") so it loads last, and put a config file in that mod containing (only) your changes. So you know everything that's been modified, and they aren't lost when updating/reinstalling the mod.
Eh, it's more a minor bit of tedium comparing the old config to the new one and changing some numbers.

Mostly just making things like colonizing and wars take longer to build up (I play with a lot of mod factions, it gets a bit too chaotic too quickly under the defaults).

I'm not really bothered that much, it just means a few minutes of scrolling while checking notes.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4220 on: November 22, 2021, 07:45:29 PM »

After either installing e or f, my marines started losing xp. I can gain exp, but it slowly goes to 0. Theres a bunch of mods, but this is the only one I have updated. No changes to the config.
...wow, I managed to completely fail to notice in an entire playtest run :-X

For the time being:
Place this fix .jar in Nexerelin/jars
Use this console command to get back your XP:
Code: java
runcode import com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.PlayerFleetPersonnelTracker;
PlayerFleetPersonnelTracker.getInstance().getMarineData().addXP(1000f);    /* The XP amount is such that 200 marines having 50 XP means a 25% XP bonus */
PlayerFleetPersonnelTracker.getInstance().update();
(For those wondering how this was happening, NPC ground battle units were stealing the player XP when generated)

Something weird happened when I sent out some colonisation fleets to a nearby system.

Sent out three separate fleets to colonise all three planets at the same time. The first and third fleet just produced a normal Size 3 Colony, but then...

I'm not complaining, but I wonder how I managed to fit 1 million people inside that fleet?
The bug should be fixed in 0.10.3d and later, have you updated?

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: November 22, 2021, 08:01:09 PM »

I noticed something a bit odd very shortly after I started up a new run. I was hanging around a market waiting for it to refresh, then a ground battle was started without any fleets around that were hostile to that market. After a day or 2, it then said the invasion was successful, which it was actually not. After that, it finally said the invasion force arrived in-system. For reference, it was the Luddic Church invading Hiigara. Not sure why this would happen, but it has only happened once. I will try to see if I can get it to happen again and pay more attention next time.
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."

Talinoth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: November 22, 2021, 08:06:14 PM »

The bug should be fixed in 0.10.3d and later, have you updated?

Ahh my bad, I only started playing two or three weeks ago, I'm on 0.10.3c. It did not even occur to me that the mod could have been updated/patched multiple times since I started playing.

Updating doesn't break your save right?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 08:21:31 PM by Talinoth »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4223 on: November 22, 2021, 11:08:50 PM »

Updating doesn't break your save right?
Yeah, Nex versions (unless otherwise specified, and I don't think I've had to do this except for the first 0.95a release) are save-compatible with the immediately previous version, and usually several versions afterwards.

(0.10.3d does have a hang bug with invasions from 0.10.3c and older, but the e/f updates fix it)

(For other mods, check the description in the update post, it'll usually say if it breaks saves)

imscoutin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: November 22, 2021, 11:20:02 PM »

...wow, I managed to completely fail to notice in an entire playtest run :-X

For the time being:
Place this fix .jar in Nexerelin/jars
Use this console command to get back your XP:
Code: java
runcode import com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.PlayerFleetPersonnelTracker;
PlayerFleetPersonnelTracker.getInstance().getMarineData().addXP(1000f);    /* The XP amount is such that 200 marines having 50 XP means a 25% XP bonus */
PlayerFleetPersonnelTracker.getInstance().update();
(For those wondering how this was happening, NPC ground battle units were stealing the player XP when generated)

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 11:34:42 PM by imscoutin »

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: November 23, 2021, 06:59:33 PM »

Howdy, been doing some mining recently and have noticed pirate/derelict fleets have a tendency to spawn and then beeline for me while having either emergency or sustained burn active. Normally this is fine and I can deal with it.

Recently, I mined in my own system I've recently settled (Might as well do something while I babysit), and the game threw a Remnant fleet with multiple cruisers at me, which is much less ok, as the only cruisers I have in my fleet right now are an Apogee and a bunch of Atlas' made for cargo hauling.

Is this an intended feature?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4226 on: November 25, 2021, 02:32:45 AM »

Howdy, been doing some mining recently and have noticed pirate/derelict fleets have a tendency to spawn and then beeline for me while having either emergency or sustained burn active. Normally this is fine and I can deal with it.

Recently, I mined in my own system I've recently settled (Might as well do something while I babysit), and the game threw a Remnant fleet with multiple cruisers at me, which is much less ok, as the only cruisers I have in my fleet right now are an Apogee and a bunch of Atlas' made for cargo hauling.

Is this an intended feature?
If you're mining in a system that has/had Remnants in them, then Remnants are a likely faction for the mining 'harassment' fleet. But the fleet may be too strong in this case.
In the upcoming hotfix the fleet will have a 30% smaller base size if it picks Remnants.

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: November 25, 2021, 03:37:49 AM »

Ah! Thought it was this mod but wasn't certain since I didn't start mining until very recently.

As for Remnant... there's a low level warning beacon nearby and I've occasional seen Remnant in systems near systems with beacons, so that might be it.

Thanks for the quick response.

Blubba

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: November 25, 2021, 04:44:56 AM »

Dear diary, today i lost in a land battle tutorial... damn i trash at this mod XD
Now i'm in war with independet

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.3g "SpaceLand Battle" (fixes 2021-11-26)
« Reply #4229 on: November 26, 2021, 01:13:38 AM »

Hopefully this is the last fix update.

Nexerelin v0.10.3g
Download

Changelog
* Mining harassment fleets are 30% smaller when they're Remnants
* Fix NPC ground units stealing player's marine XP when generated
* Fix crash after purchasing governorship of a market with scheduled NPC construction
* Fix a minor GUI issue with unofficered merc ships

Also, check out my fanfic! It was inspired by one of my ground battles.
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 396