Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013119 times)

Frosterus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.3c "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-09-18)
« Reply #4155 on: September 24, 2021, 12:52:40 AM »

Has anyone been able to find operatives at the bar? I've been to like 50 different bars and haven't seen the prompt for a single one. Hurts a bit now that they can get rid of Luddic Cells in your colonies.

Edit: Found one after about 60 planets visited. Just bad luck, maybe?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 12:56:12 AM by Frosterus »

McTrigger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: September 24, 2021, 01:23:32 AM »

Is there a way to disable Academy storyline (so I start with gate tech) without enabling random core worlds?

PureDesire

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: September 24, 2021, 03:34:15 AM »

hello,may I put this mod on fossic.org(this it a Chinese community for Starsactor) to let more Chinese know it?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4158 on: September 24, 2021, 03:56:00 AM »

I love this mod so much! It has added so much to my current playthrough I'm not ever sure how I could have done without it.

My favorite current activity is sending maxed invasion fleet after fleet to Hegemony worlds and then giving them to the Independents after I seize them. It's nice that the Independents won't be the subject of invasions or wars. Thank you Independents for never raiding or invading my colonies!

I love how you can send colonies to other factions. It makes me feel like I'm freeing the sector from the Hegemony menace without saturation bombing them out of the history books or becoming a tyrant over these colonies myself.

Also, the "Special Task Groups" are such a cool idea, and are very scary before the endgame. I got a 3 S-mods Legion out of one after a brutal fight and it was the most amazing feeling. Another Special Task Group randomly managed to intercept and ruin an invasion fleet of mine just by pure chance. Emergent things like this make Nex such an awesome mod! Thanks for making it and sharing it with us!
Glad you enjoy :D

Hey, Histidine. I'm getting a CTD when trying to invade a luddic church planet after deploying a unit. I haven't had any problems invading anyone else. If I don't deploy, the raid is cancelled.  Thank you, and everyone involved for all your hard work o>

here's the pastebin: https://pastebin.com/U0kZLFej
Looks I missed the Church plugin when I fixed the issue elsewhere. This should fix it (download and place in Nexerelin/jars).

Is there a way to disable Academy storyline (so I start with gate tech) without enabling random core worlds?
Use the skip story option, it's in the "other options" menu in the new game dialog (random sector must be turned off).

hello,may I put this mod on fossic.org(this it a Chinese community for Starsactor) to let more Chinese know it?
Oh, is it not already on Fossic? Well, you don't really need my permission since Nexerelin is open source, but sure, go ahead :)

memeextremist

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: September 24, 2021, 03:51:25 PM »

Thank you! That did the trick  8)

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: September 24, 2021, 08:31:31 PM »

A suggestion:
It would be nice if one could tie in the new landbattle “mini game” into the existing rebellion mechanic. For example, after a planet is conquered, rebels could potentially capture industries/structures which would require further military involvement to take back. If a rebellion takes over all structures on a colony, the rebellion succeeds. This could make rebellions more interesting as a mechanic and actually pose a danger to factions/the player, since as by default currently all rebellions will fail without player intervention, they are nothing but -5 stability annoyances to the player.

I might be pushing my luck a little here, but something else that could be added is a sort of “public approval” mechanic for rebellions; basically, how the planet’s general populace views their current government vs a rebellion(if applicable). It could ebb and flow based on stability of the market, unrest, agent actions, atrocities(especially true for the player), anything that could affect stability would also affect approval. In fact, the alignment of the former government could very well also affect approval ratings. A government with low enough approval is prone to being overthrown by rebellions; in fact, with sufficiently low approval a rebellion might form on a planet to overthrow the existing authority. The approval could affect the outcome of a rebellion, with a new government being supported if the old one had low approval, or vice versa for old governments with high approval.
On the approval idea: Rebellions are already added tied to stability (low stability planets are likely to see rebellions, and low stability makes rebels stronger in an ongoing rebellion). I could add an effect from the atrocity counter, if I decided I want to punish people who sat bomb the core worlds into extinction. That'd be funny.
More generally, if I ever get around to doing faction social policies (like Civilization and such) that'd most likely influence rebellions.

On this: It doesn’t actually affect anything at all. With how rebellions are structured, I’d be more concerned about the profit drop-off of a Low-stability planet than 30 rebellions popping up because every one of them will be crushed by 13 capital suppression fleets coming in every other month or so. It should be a real risk of losing your planet to rebellions if you have Low stability, rather than spamming many failed rebellions that die on impact instantly. Quality over quantity basically.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: September 29, 2021, 03:17:30 PM »

Possibly Nex-related question as I try to fix something:

I went into Galatia.java in the base game's data\scripts\world\systems and changed the fixed derelicts that spawn in Tetra orbit in the various addDerelict lines.
However, when starting a new game in Nexerelin with default settings, the original derelicts (the guaranteed recovery Hammerhead, the two Kites etc) spawn instead of the newly specified ones from the modified Galatia.java file.

Am I correct to assume that it is Nex that overrides those settings somewhere? If so, can they be changed easily?
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: September 29, 2021, 11:51:48 PM »

I get a somewhat odd behavior when in Remnant systems, 90% of the time it's cool as cucumbers because I'm at something like 9 rep with them, but once in a while one of the fleets usually an Ordo decides to persue me after otherwise flying around in a system with several fleets with no problem.  I don't know if this is the intended behavior or what, would like to get some insight on the matter though, if any insight is to be had.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4163 on: September 30, 2021, 04:00:18 AM »

I might give rebellion handling another look when I return to Nex work.

Possibly Nex-related question as I try to fix something:

I went into Galatia.java in the base game's data\scripts\world\systems and changed the fixed derelicts that spawn in Tetra orbit in the various addDerelict lines.
However, when starting a new game in Nexerelin with default settings, the original derelicts (the guaranteed recovery Hammerhead, the two Kites etc) spawn instead of the newly specified ones from the modified Galatia.java file.

Am I correct to assume that it is Nex that overrides those settings somewhere? If so, can they be changed easily?
Current versions of Nex use the vanilla system generator files (mod used to include its own copies), so I don't know why the changes aren't applying, sorry. Could try making other changes to the star system (or a different system like Corvus) and see if they appear correctly.

I get a somewhat odd behavior when in Remnant systems, 90% of the time it's cool as cucumbers because I'm at something like 9 rep with them, but once in a while one of the fleets usually an Ordo decides to persue me after otherwise flying around in a system with several fleets with no problem.  I don't know if this is the intended behavior or what, would like to get some insight on the matter though, if any insight is to be had.
If you set off a transmitter trap while salvaging, this may attract hostile Remnant fleets. Fighting with them will ruin your rep with Remnants (due to a vanilla bug; they're supposed to have reduced rep impact), so try to avoid them.

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: September 30, 2021, 07:32:02 AM »

If you set off a transmitter trap while salvaging, this may attract hostile Remnant fleets. Fighting with them will ruin your rep with Remnants (due to a vanilla bug; they're supposed to have reduced rep impact), so try to avoid them.

Yeah that's the other odd thing, it says I can either engage them (and warns me I'm neutral with them and going to loose rep) or I can use a storypoint. feelz bad man.

Kadatherion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: September 30, 2021, 09:18:45 AM »

I might give rebellion handling another look when I return to Nex work.

Just to add my two cents: my experience with them is limited, since my current one is my first really long campaign with Nex so take this with a mandatory grain of salt, but I've definitely had a few rebellions that won in my sector. Mostly in newly founded colonies at the fringes of the sector (where suppression fleets might have some troubles getting in time/safely), but I've even seen Oasis flip because of one (in my game Oasis has a tendency of rebelling because of a Kadur Remnant pretty severe stability malus).

Personally, I would not want to see rebellions succeed more often than this without player intervention. I actually like my Nex universe to be slower than it currently is (not necessarily more static, but surely slower in developing and flipping colonies left and right), which is why I've myself edited it to have weaker and fewer invasion fleets, slower colonization etc. This is because I like having the chance of being somewhat in control of the sandbox (so, for instance, I can take my sweet time in the early game without having to run everywhere to save some weaker faction that would get swallowed in the first cycle etc), which is impossible with the default settings. So, fewer rebellions that might have a bit more chances of winning? Maybe, but sure enough I wouldn't simply want them to only have more chances. Or, at least, I'd ask to have a corresponding value to tweak in the config file, so I could tone them down to my playing pace.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 09:20:18 AM by Kadatherion »

dark lio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: September 30, 2021, 12:19:59 PM »

first thank for having found a way to increase the number of colonized planets from the start. It's a pleasure to play with about twenty faction which has about twenty planets spread over a huge map

but, I have a problem. In order to adjust the fact that each faction has about 20 planets under their control, I wanted to increase the number of planets I can have under my personal control and the number of administrators.
For this there are no problem, I just modify the settings.json files located on starsector-core data like this :

"baseMaxOutposts":20,
"baseMaxAdmins":8,
"colonyOverMaxPenalty":0,

The problems is that I have a management bonus of +20 that decrease only if i colonise a planet.

is there a way to force this bonus to 0 ?

I thought that putting "colonyOverMaxPenalty" to 0 desactivated this bonus but the bonus is still there

Does I miss anything in nexerelin setting ?

thank
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 02:33:47 PM by dark lio »

nDervish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: October 01, 2021, 01:34:54 AM »

but, I have a problem. In order to adjust the fact that each faction has about 20 planets under their control, I wanted to increase the number of planets I can have under my personal control and the number of administrators.
For this there are no problem, I just modify the settings.json files located on starsector-core data like this :

"baseMaxOutposts":20,
"baseMaxAdmins":8,
"colonyOverMaxPenalty":0,

The problems is that I have a management bonus of +20 that decrease only if i colonise a planet.

is there a way to force this bonus to 0 ?

Changes to the main settings.json appear to be applied in alphabetical order by mod (directory) name.  So I dealt with this by creating a mods/zzCustom directory for my personal customizations, and then zzCustom/data/config/settings.json will overwrite changes made by nex (or any other mod, until a modder decides to use a zzzSomething directory name).

LooseTongue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: October 05, 2021, 06:13:55 AM »

It seems like at the start of the game, most vanilla faction, aside from pirates and luddic path is at peace with one another, is this normal? Hegemony is at peace with Persean League, Tri, and Diktat. Also is there a way to change starting faction relations? I know faction config only applies to randon core world but I wish to edit starting relations for the normal game. Thanks for the mod!

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: October 05, 2021, 09:29:09 AM »

What about giving Independents something interesting politics wise? Like they would once in a few cicles assemble to take a political talk about some decisions. Player with a colony, good relations with indies and no commission could also participate in it if they arrive at person. They could decide to embargo major faction they don't like (basically they turn inhospitable), attempt to pacify a minor pirate market (essentially invading it to turn it Independent) and some other things. Maybe if the player sat bombs other faction they would also no longer immediately turn hostile and have an emergency summit or something. Which player could turn to their favour by agents, story points or bribes.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 396