Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013141 times)

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.2e "Mercenaries and Patriots" (fixes 2021-08-05)
« Reply #4125 on: September 08, 2021, 05:12:00 AM »

My assumption is that that is unintentional, though it might just be a mechanic used to coerce the player into putting alphas into admin roles

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: September 08, 2021, 05:00:29 PM »

So I know when .95 came out, you couldn't do the main story with random sector generation, but was this mod updated to allow that at all? If not, is there a way to have the rewards of completing the story in a randomly generated sector?

Spoiler
Mainly the ability to use gates. I don't care too much about the Ziggurat...
[close]
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4127 on: September 08, 2021, 05:25:41 PM »

I'm guessing this is Nex code but I don't know for sure, regarding bonus admins for population size. To get past 6 admins you need a population of 80, but with 3+6 colonizes all size 6, that's a soft limit of only 54. I believe this was setup on the old system where planets could get past six, but now they can't so the requirements should be drastically reduced.
I haven't decided to rebalance the bonus admin increments, yeah. Though note that colonies with alpha core admins and autonomous colonies also count towards the population requirement.

So I know when .95 came out, you couldn't do the main story with random sector generation, but was this mod updated to allow that at all? If not, is there a way to have the rewards of completing the story in a randomly generated sector?

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
You still can't do story in random sector. But it gives the gate ability at start, and in the Discord-only beta (official release soon), it also gives player both Neutrino Detector and Transverse Jump.
Random sector doesn't touch Ziggurat, the Alpha Site still spawns at the same coordinates and you can go there if you know where to look.
[close]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: September 08, 2021, 07:03:53 PM »

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
You still can't do story in random sector. But it gives the gate ability at start, and in the Discord-only beta (official release soon), it also gives player both Neutrino Detector and Transverse Jump.
Random sector doesn't touch Ziggurat, the Alpha Site still spawns at the same coordinates and you can go there if you know where to look.
[close]

Awesome. That works for me.
"There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home."

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: September 08, 2021, 08:59:21 PM »

I haven't decided to rebalance the bonus admin increments, yeah. Though note that colonies with alpha core admins and autonomous colonies also count towards the population requirement.

Ah, autonomous colonies also count, well that's good, could stand to be lowered though.  ;D Thanks for the answer.

Also, I don't know if it's possible or if I'm the only guy with this opinion but the Nexus blueprint thing is a huge pain the ass with too many mods installed, I've been looking to buy some vanilla blueprints for years like Paragon, I don't have a solution for this problem except to make seperate lists for like "big", "medium","small ships", "weapons" or just another page or something IDK.  ;D

love Nex forvever.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 10:06:52 PM by geminitiger »

pmh501vn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.2e exploit
« Reply #4130 on: September 09, 2021, 05:56:25 PM »

So I've been messing around with the mod, and apparently, if you hire from AIM, then either sell the ship(s) or store them, when you terminate their contract and refuse to pay (or pay with a 80% discount) you GET the ship AND its captains.
Also, the captain can be removed when you assign a new captain, be it yourself or someone else, to replace him/her. In that case, him/her would get deleted. Idk if they even count towards maximum captain numbers.

So was pretty funny when I found out about this. And if you can find some time, can you fix it? It seems silly to be able to do something like this >.<

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: September 10, 2021, 12:37:41 AM »

With the alliances intel function you can tell the market sizes of a faction. Is there any way to tell the size of a faction that isn't in an alliance?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.3b "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-09-11)
« Reply #4132 on: September 11, 2021, 12:13:32 AM »

Well, here it is, the special new feature I've been wanting for a while.
(although it hasn't been new on Discord for a week now)

(if it turns out you dislike it, look for the legacyInvasions setting in Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json)

Nexerelin v0.10.3b
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
## v0.10.3b (2021-09-11) ##
* Vengeance changes
    * Vengeance fleets required to next vengeance level 3 -> 2
    * Reduce vengeance generation from raids (now uses market size instead of square of size)
    * Level 1 vengeance fleets slightly stronger
    * Don't use vengeance greeting in comm link for special task groups
* Rebel ground battle strength 0.8 -> 0.5
* Stolen merc ships have their merc officer (if any) removed when contract ends
* Change Persean League's morality value from good to neutral
* Improve placement of ground battle industries
* Add more help info on ground battles
* Fix player tracker null pointer on some invasions
* Fix ground battle arrow drawing on station-only maps

## v0.10.3 "SpaceLand Battle" (Discord-only, 2021-09-08) ##
### Gameplay
* Add new invasion system, as a turn-based tactical minigame
    * It's quite complex, so read the help panel in the intel item and consult the tooltips for help; don't be afraid to explore
    * Old invasion system can be enabled with `legacyInvasions` setting in exerelin_config.json
    * Currently NPC invasions use the old system regardless
* Allow own faction start in non-random sector (will try to find a decent starting planet for player in/near core worlds)
* Rebellion suppression fleet interval size 60 -> 120
* Invasion fleet target priority uses inverse square distance (previously just inverse distance)
* Offensive fleets have fewer tankers/freighters; mining fleets have fewer freighters
* Don't spawn response fleets from hidden markets (e.g. popup pirate bases)
* Agents have an "internal security mode" toggle that lets them automatically clean up Pather cells and find pirate bases when idle
* Add a rare type of high-level military bounty
* Replace 25% of starting supplies in super ship starts with heavy machinery
* Derelict Empire markets transfer their invasion point output to human factions (specifically the market's "original" owner)
* Factions wait 25% longer on average before sending expeditions against pirate/Pather bases

### Fixes
* Don't target hyperspace markets for invasions etc. (can cause a CTD)
* Fix operative's repeat action creating a 'ghost' action that doesn't appear in operative intel
* Fix response fleets never being afraid of player
* Fix Low Profile trait not actually having an effect on invasion targeting
* Fix merc fleet sizes being affected by market fleet size mult, no more easy huge merc companies for you
    * Increase `extraFP` value of merc companies that use them, to compensate
* Fix merc officers potentially being stuck on a player ship forever when contract ends, if they lost their original ship and were reassigned
* Fix cases of player potentially getting stuck when interrogated by special task group
* Raids don't do anything to markets that were captured by a friendly faction just before the raid fleet does its thing
* Fix Heavy Industry own faction starting bonus not upgrading existing HI to Orbital Works
* Relief fleet only triggers rep gain if unrest removal was not zero
* Try to prevent a case where raid condition sticks around a bit longer than it should
* Fix merc ship tooltips not being visible in company list panel
* Fix the Midnight Dissonant dialog bug

### Text
* Change synchrotron's "no planet" limitation text to "standalone station"

### Modding
* Add Monstrous diplomacy trait
* 'Z key' campaign menu now uses rules.csv (allows third-party additions if needed)
[close]

With the alliances intel function you can tell the market sizes of a faction. Is there any way to tell the size of a faction that isn't in an alliance?
The faction directory (Z on the campaign map, or special functions submenu when docked at a colony) prints the total size of the selected faction.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 01:19:20 AM by Histidine »

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: September 11, 2021, 12:26:27 AM »

looking at the images i feel like I've been shown EU4/heart of iron :laugh:. well, let's see how it plays out when I'll play the game again

123nick

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: September 11, 2021, 03:10:55 AM »

Is the update name a reference to Wargame: AirLand Battle?

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: September 11, 2021, 04:53:13 AM »

Is there a way to disable all the mining content from Nexerelin? I want to limit the content to TaSC

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: September 11, 2021, 04:54:10 AM »

The madlad does it again.

And what a glorious UI. This feels like a new milestone.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: September 11, 2021, 07:05:17 AM »

:o :o :o :o :o

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: September 11, 2021, 12:30:09 PM »

Nexerelin v0.10.3b
Oh damn, that looks impressive.
Almost seems wasted to use that whole new system just for player invasions.

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: September 11, 2021, 01:30:47 PM »

Is the update name a reference to Wargame: AirLand Battle?

The aforementioned game is a reference itself to the AirLand Battle doctrine, created by the US at the end of the Cold War.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AirLand_Battle)
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 396