Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95a is out! (03/26/21); Blog post: Of Slipstreams and Sensor Ghosts (09/24/21)

Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 280

Author Topic: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.3c "SpaceLand Battle" (update 2021-09-18)  (Read 1782359 times)

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.2e "Mercenaries and Patriots" (fixes 2021-08-05)
« Reply #4095 on: August 10, 2021, 05:37:22 AM »

thanks that solved my issue
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

dark lio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4096 on: August 10, 2021, 08:26:34 PM »

Hello,
I have a problem. at one point I accepted a disruptive mission requiring a certain number of soldiers. And I wondered why not send that cool level 3 saboteur I just hired instead to this heavy protected military base. After a while, the saboteur successfully completes the mission and disrupts the objective for the necessary time. But, the mission is not considered accomplished. I still have to send ground troops to disrupt the objective. So is this a bug, did I miss anything, are saboteur useless or what are saboteurs really for?
thank

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: August 11, 2021, 01:18:19 AM »

Saboteurs are used to soften up a target before raiding them, by destabilizing or taking out structures that would otherwise improve ground defences(like patrol hqs, heavy batteries etc) so you dont need to bring as many troop transports/marines/heavy arms to a target for a successful invasion/raid

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #4098 on: August 11, 2021, 05:49:32 PM »

I don't know if it's due to poor RNG or something else, but the extra colony distributer seems to be extremely biased against the Sindrian Diktat. In all of my games using extra colonies, the Diktat has gotten a net zero of extra colonies. It contributes massively to their ultimate demise as the "first to go" in most Nex games, as while their already-strong rivals grow stronger on extra colonies, they stay weak which further tips the power scale against them.
The new game extra colony generation follows the same rules as regular colony expeditions, meaning only some factions can get them; Diktat can't send colony expeditions so no extra colonies. I'm not sure if this should be changed, Diktat's whole thing is kind of being a single fortress system.

Hello,
I have a problem. at one point I accepted a disruptive mission requiring a certain number of soldiers. And I wondered why not send that cool level 3 saboteur I just hired instead to this heavy protected military base. After a while, the saboteur successfully completes the mission and disrupts the objective for the necessary time. But, the mission is not considered accomplished. I still have to send ground troops to disrupt the objective. So is this a bug, did I miss anything, are saboteur useless or what are saboteurs really for?
thank
Yeah, saboteurs can't be used to complete the vanilla disruption missions; I can't fix this without replacing those missions' code. They're still useful for the things JAL28 describes though.

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: August 11, 2021, 08:10:39 PM »

I don't know if it's due to poor RNG or something else, but the extra colony distributer seems to be extremely biased against the Sindrian Diktat. In all of my games using extra colonies, the Diktat has gotten a net zero of extra colonies. It contributes massively to their ultimate demise as the "first to go" in most Nex games, as while their already-strong rivals grow stronger on extra colonies, they stay weak which further tips the power scale against them.
The new game extra colony generation follows the same rules as regular colony expeditions, meaning only some factions can get them; Diktat can't send colony expeditions so no extra colonies. I'm not sure if this should be changed, Diktat's whole thing is kind of being a single fortress system.

I find this extremely ironic because Askonia is far from even decently being a fortress system. Their best station is a battlestation, Volturn has only a midline orbital(solo-able with a Radiant), which is why they fall so quickly. Just thought it would be nice if the Diktat had at least other colonies to fall on if Askonia gets sliced up(as it so commonly is)

Hello,
thank
Yeah, saboteurs can't be used to complete the vanilla disruption missions; I can't fix this without replacing those missions' code. They're still useful for the things JAL28 describes though.

That’s understandable, because sending saboteurs seems kinda cheesy for such missions. Yeah I got a mission to disrupt a highly guarded system but I could just send a saboteur for less risk/loss and only a modest sum for the job, when you are supposed to risk metric tons of marines to do the job.

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: August 12, 2021, 07:46:44 AM »

I never even realized that Diktat can't colonize, probably because they never survive long enough to matter.
Their system really isn't much of a fortress though. The AI doesn't seem to have a problem taking it, unlike the home systems of mod factions like the Ninth Battlefleet and especially Legio Infernalis.

Is there a way to allow them to colonize but force them to focus on one or two nearby systems instead of spreading out to the edges of the sector like some other factions?

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: August 12, 2021, 07:53:02 AM »

I never even realized that Diktat can't colonize, probably because they never survive long enough to matter.
Their system really isn't much of a fortress though. The AI doesn't seem to have a problem taking it, unlike the home systems of mod factions like the Ninth Battlefleet and especially Legio Infernalis.

Is there a way to allow them to colonize but force them to focus on one or two nearby systems instead of spreading out to the edges of the sector like some other factions?

Most colonization efforts made after game starts seem to be centered in or near the Core Worlds, unlike spawn-gen colonies which can spawn up to 20+ ly away from the Core Worlds

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: August 12, 2021, 08:41:45 AM »

Most colonization efforts made after game starts seem to be centered in or near the Core Worlds, unlike spawn-gen colonies which can spawn up to 20+ ly away from the Core Worlds

I've seen a lot of spread, usually to high resource and hazard planets all over the place. In my current playthrough both the Luddic Church and Tri-Tachyon have settled worlds way out near the edge of the sector fairly early on.
That said, what I meant is having them pick a suitable close by system and then settling 3 worlds in it, even if they're not all great candidates, instead of colonizing a planet each in 3 different systems.

slowpersun

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: August 12, 2021, 01:56:20 PM »

I've seen a lot of spread, usually to high resource and hazard planets all over the place. In my current playthrough both the Luddic Church and Tri-Tachyon have settled worlds way out near the edge of the sector fairly early on.
That said, what I meant is having them pick a suitable close by system and then settling 3 worlds in it, even if they're not all great candidates, instead of colonizing a planet each in 3 different systems.

My only issue with colonization is primarily the pre-colonization option when generating sectors.  Seems like every time you choose to allow pre-game colonization, this mod's colony "picker" always seem to generally target and choose available habitable planets (regardless of distance to core).  Which would make sense, except a good portion of these habitable planets are in beaconed systems, where one would have expected [REDACTED] to have either killed the colony fleet or just bombarded the colony into oblivion.  But since [REDACTED] can't or don't bombard/invade, instead there is this random cancer of humanity in a beaconed system.  Even weirder, sometimes the colony is a Hegemony colony, who you would think would be the most likely faction to avoid a system with a beacon.

I guess would be nice to exclude planets in beaconed systems from whatever list in generated to determine which planets can get pre-colonized by this mod... plus maybe like a gaussian curve to measure likelihood of colonization vs distance to core (so planets closer to core get some priority, IE get placed closer to the center of the bell curve).  Plus also the suggestion by the quoted post, so that there is some means of weighting colonization to more target planets in an already colonized system (or in a system chosen for pre-colonization) over some other random system.

Edit: forgot to reference DownTheDrain's quoted post and included suggestion.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 01:59:56 PM by slowpersun »

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: August 12, 2021, 04:25:43 PM »

My only issue with colonization is primarily the pre-colonization option when generating sectors.  Seems like every time you choose to allow pre-game colonization, this mod's colony "picker" always seem to generally target and choose available habitable planets (regardless of distance to core).  Which would make sense, except a good portion of these habitable planets are in beaconed systems, where one would have expected [REDACTED] to have either killed the colony fleet or just bombarded the colony into oblivion.  But since [REDACTED] can't or don't bombard/invade, instead there is this random cancer of humanity in a beaconed system.  Even weirder, sometimes the colony is a Hegemony colony, who you would think would be the most likely faction to avoid a system with a beacon.

I guess would be nice to exclude planets in beaconed systems from whatever list in generated to determine which planets can get pre-colonized by this mod... plus maybe like a gaussian curve to measure likelihood of colonization vs distance to core (so planets closer to core get some priority, IE get placed closer to the center of the bell curve).  Plus also the suggestion by the quoted post, so that there is some means of weighting colonization to more target planets in an already colonized system (or in a system chosen for pre-colonization) over some other random system.

Edit: forgot to reference DownTheDrain's quoted post and included suggestion.

Maybe they’re doing what we players do, making bait colonies to farm remnant and get free AI cores to dispose of  8)

dark lio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4105 on: August 15, 2021, 02:17:06 PM »

Hello,
thank

ok, thank,
i just reinstalled starsector which i had stopped last year and i'm just disappointed on this point. in the old version, we could use the agents to do paid sabotage missions so it seemed logical to me that we could use the substile way with saboteurs or the hard way with marines to carry out the sabotage missions.
But afterwards, I don't know if it was Nexerelin which offered this kind of mission or another mod which for the moment is not updated.
Thank you for the answer

WiC2021

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: August 15, 2021, 03:58:03 PM »

Hey Everyone, so i'm trying to do an 'Own Faction' run where everyone starts off even but i've noticed Diable Avionics always starts with four markets in three systems. I started a random sector with 8 habitable planets (1 for each faction) and Diable just rolled everyone. I've increased the number of inhabited planets/stations accordingly but my own faction just starts off with one market every time. Is there anyway to increase the number of starting systems your own faction starts with? Or is it always one?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #4107 on: August 15, 2021, 08:33:31 PM »

Hey Everyone, so i'm trying to do an 'Own Faction' run where everyone starts off even but i've noticed Diable Avionics always starts with four markets in three systems. I started a random sector with 8 habitable planets (1 for each faction) and Diable just rolled everyone. I've increased the number of inhabited planets/stations accordingly but my own faction just starts off with one market every time. Is there anyway to increase the number of starting systems your own faction starts with? Or is it always one?
Some mods (Diable included) add their non-random star systems to a random sector as well, so they can get a pretty big size advantage as a result. I'm assuming next Diable update will fix this.

Own faction start gives player faction only one planet yeah, there's no way to change this and I don't intend to add a way to.

Don't know if I want to enable colonization for Diktat specifically, but colony expeditions can already have a range limit set in their faction configs.

Hmm, I'll need a more complex algorithm if it's going to pick targets by system instead of by individual planets. Would probably also make more sense for colonization to be a per-system affair more generally in that case (found seed colony on one planet in system, then that colony expands to other planets in system without need for fresh expeditions from the core worlds). I might try this at some point.

It already prefers closer systems, though the effect isn't very strong (a planet at zero range is weighted twice as much as one at maximum colony range). Also systems owned by the faction get twice the weight.
Though it's also already meant to avoid Remnant systems, and it apparently isn't doing that? I'll have to test.

Parcell

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: August 22, 2021, 06:22:10 AM »

In my game, the Sindrian Diktat is still whole because I've been defending their system and retaking any planets they have lost. And it cost me more than 6 million credits just to protect their sovereignty. And now that they don't have my back anymore because my own faction is occupied dealing with other threats, It's only a matter of time before they are completely dominated. An alliance with the Hegemony might give them a chance though.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 05:17:47 PM by Parcell »

Mephansteras

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: August 23, 2021, 09:14:18 PM »

Is there a way to disable vengeance fleets? I don't really enjoy them, especially when I end up with multiple giant pirate fleets that could take on Hegemony and win just because I'm running around doing bounties.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 280