Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3012839 times)

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.2c "Mercenaries and Patriots" (fixes 2021-06-12)
« Reply #4080 on: August 07, 2021, 05:00:09 AM »

Hmm, it seemed okay when I looked at it. Waystation doesn't increase supply demand on either Chalcedon or Epiphany, since the Heavy Batteries on each planet already matches its demand. It increases fuel availability by one (due to +10% accessibility) while also increasing fuel demand by one, so it's kind of a wash there, but I'm moderately sure that 3/5 fuel demand met results in less of a price spike than 2/4 at least.

Not sure yet I want to 'meddle' with vanilla to the extent of creating an entirely new market condition for pirate+Path markets. Although now that I think about it, I'm vaguely tempted to implement a general system of factional bonuses for markets (like Commissioned Crews, except for markets instead of ships and not for the player).

Some of the other options I considered were:
- Free port (dunno, don't feel like the Path would allow free movement of outsiders in/out of their most important territories)
- Story point upgrade (but then all the other factions will be asking why they don't have SP upgrades too)
- Fullerene spool, megaport (no)

Yep, you were right! The smaller proportionate shortages do reduce the huge chunks of money you can make.

I would say that I'm in favor of faction modifiers. Stuff which boosts Pirate and Luddic market defences further (to mitigate the allure of the player 'breaking the rules' and easily conquering them) seems nice.

E.g.

"Pirate Entrenchment: Anyone attacking $market inevitably find themselves wading through a variety of vicious booby-traps, ambushes, and underhanded, asymmetrical combat from the desperate criminals who call it home. [Something something adds moderate-to-large flat defense value.]"

"Pather Entrenchment: Anyone attacking $market must be prepared to face waves of fanatical militants who care far more about the sanctity of their holy stronghold than they do about their own lives. This fanatical adherence to Ludd's Path also means that troublemakers (real or imagined) also quickly find themselves 'dealt with.' [Something something adds a smaller flat defense value and a point or two of stability.]"

better yet, what about increasing the rate at which the unrest recovers as well? terrorist groups IRL also seem to still function even though they are being attacked and killed/captured, probably because they do not really have a lot to lose to begin with

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.2e "Mercenaries and Patriots" (fixes 2021-08-05)
« Reply #4081 on: August 07, 2021, 05:01:38 AM »

so a question about the 0.10.2e version, it is simply here for now to fix bugs but the 0.10.3 release is comming soon/did not have it's features added to the current release yet, correct?

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: August 08, 2021, 08:02:58 AM »

Can we get a gamestart option to make every faction have -100 relations to every other faction? I want to turn the sector into thunderdome.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: August 08, 2021, 06:16:59 PM »

i apologize in advance but im trying to create a modded 91a because there are some cool mods that may or may not be updated any time soon (ever) and i have this annoying issue
thought maybe you could help

i get this error
Spoiler
386573 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
386806 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: exerelin.campaign.SectorManager.isCorvusMode()Z
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: exerelin.campaign.SectorManager.isCorvusMode()Z
   at data.scripts.ApproLightModPluginAlt.initApproLight(ApproLightModPluginAlt.java:27)
   at data.scripts.ApproLightModPlugin.onNewGame(ApproLightModPlugin.java:62)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.c.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.I.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
386994 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
386995 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
[close]

it happens in normal and in random sector
im using nex 9.5e, per the recommendation of royal azalea
any ideas?
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Scorched Earth

• Ensign
  • Venators greatest ship desgn since spanish galleon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: August 08, 2021, 06:25:09 PM »

Can we get a gamestart option to make every faction have -100 relations to every other faction? I want to turn the sector into thunderdome.

setrelation all -100 as soon as the game starts

edit: do this (setrelation all [everyfaction one by one] -100

Separate from that, was wondering if a spawnexpedition/colonyfleet command was possible. My main reason being that I find vanilla exploration of the galaxy remarkably slow.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 06:33:20 PM by Scorched Earth »

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: August 08, 2021, 06:39:22 PM »

yea i tend to think that the expansion is slow as well.  if i as the player can do it in x amount of time the hegemony etc should already have several base level colonies started
my opinion anyway
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: August 09, 2021, 02:30:07 AM »

yea i tend to think that the expansion is slow as well.  if i as the player can do it in x amount of time the hegemony etc should already have several base level colonies started
my opinion anyway

but then they would expand fast as *** is the problem. how long does it take for the player to expand? depends on how long it takes them to get to the point where they have colonies as after it is way easier. untill then the hegemony getting maybe 10 or more extra colonies. actually each faction might do that

having a setting that decides how a faction expands(more often trough warfare or colonization) and how often it does that would be kind of nice tbh

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4087 on: August 09, 2021, 06:45:30 PM »

so a question about the 0.10.2e version, it is simply here for now to fix bugs but the 0.10.3 release is comming soon/did not have it's features added to the current release yet, correct?
0.10.3 release will be whenever I decide it's feature complete, which in turn depends on when I feel like modding.
The beta feature in question is feature-complete but missing some graphical elements, and I found some bugs after the release. It's still accessible in config if you know what it is.

Separate from that, was wondering if a spawnexpedition/colonyfleet command was possible. My main reason being that I find vanilla exploration of the galaxy remarkably slow.
runcode exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager.getManager().spawnColonyExpedition();
Note: It may not find a valid colonization target for any particular run, so may have to be run multiple times before it triggers a colony expedition.

You can also lower colonyExpeditionInterval in exerelin_config.json and nex_expeditionDelayPerExistingColony in settings.json.

i apologize in advance but im trying to create a modded 91a because there are some cool mods that may or may not be updated any time soon (ever) and i have this annoying issue
thought maybe you could help

i get this error
Spoiler
386573 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
386806 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: exerelin.campaign.SectorManager.isCorvusMode()Z
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: exerelin.campaign.SectorManager.isCorvusMode()Z
   at data.scripts.ApproLightModPluginAlt.initApproLight(ApproLightModPluginAlt.java:27)
   at data.scripts.ApproLightModPlugin.onNewGame(ApproLightModPlugin.java:62)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.c.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.I.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
386994 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
386995 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
[close]

it happens in normal and in random sector
im using nex 9.5e, per the recommendation of royal azalea
any ideas?
0.9.5e is pretty old, try 0.9.8x2 (the last release for Starsector 0.9.1).

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: August 10, 2021, 05:31:45 AM »

I don't know if it's due to poor RNG or something else, but the extra colony distributer seems to be extremely biased against the Sindrian Diktat. In all of my games using extra colonies, the Diktat has gotten a net zero of extra colonies. It contributes massively to their ultimate demise as the "first to go" in most Nex games, as while their already-strong rivals grow stronger on extra colonies, they stay weak which further tips the power scale against them.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: August 10, 2021, 05:37:22 AM »

thanks that solved my issue

dark lio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: August 10, 2021, 08:26:34 PM »

Hello,
I have a problem. at one point I accepted a disruptive mission requiring a certain number of soldiers. And I wondered why not send that cool level 3 saboteur I just hired instead to this heavy protected military base. After a while, the saboteur successfully completes the mission and disrupts the objective for the necessary time. But, the mission is not considered accomplished. I still have to send ground troops to disrupt the objective. So is this a bug, did I miss anything, are saboteur useless or what are saboteurs really for?
thank

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: August 11, 2021, 01:18:19 AM »

Saboteurs are used to soften up a target before raiding them, by destabilizing or taking out structures that would otherwise improve ground defences(like patrol hqs, heavy batteries etc) so you dont need to bring as many troop transports/marines/heavy arms to a target for a successful invasion/raid

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4092 on: August 11, 2021, 05:49:32 PM »

I don't know if it's due to poor RNG or something else, but the extra colony distributer seems to be extremely biased against the Sindrian Diktat. In all of my games using extra colonies, the Diktat has gotten a net zero of extra colonies. It contributes massively to their ultimate demise as the "first to go" in most Nex games, as while their already-strong rivals grow stronger on extra colonies, they stay weak which further tips the power scale against them.
The new game extra colony generation follows the same rules as regular colony expeditions, meaning only some factions can get them; Diktat can't send colony expeditions so no extra colonies. I'm not sure if this should be changed, Diktat's whole thing is kind of being a single fortress system.

Hello,
I have a problem. at one point I accepted a disruptive mission requiring a certain number of soldiers. And I wondered why not send that cool level 3 saboteur I just hired instead to this heavy protected military base. After a while, the saboteur successfully completes the mission and disrupts the objective for the necessary time. But, the mission is not considered accomplished. I still have to send ground troops to disrupt the objective. So is this a bug, did I miss anything, are saboteur useless or what are saboteurs really for?
thank
Yeah, saboteurs can't be used to complete the vanilla disruption missions; I can't fix this without replacing those missions' code. They're still useful for the things JAL28 describes though.

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: August 11, 2021, 08:10:39 PM »

The new game extra colony generation follows the same rules as regular colony expeditions, meaning only some factions can get them; Diktat can't send colony expeditions so no extra colonies. I'm not sure if this should be changed, Diktat's whole thing is kind of being a single fortress system.

I find this extremely ironic because Askonia is far from even decently being a fortress system. Their best station is a battlestation, Volturn has only a midline orbital(solo-able with a Radiant), which is why they fall so quickly. Just thought it would be nice if the Diktat had at least other colonies to fall on if Askonia gets sliced up(as it so commonly is)

Hello,
thank
Yeah, saboteurs can't be used to complete the vanilla disruption missions; I can't fix this without replacing those missions' code. They're still useful for the things JAL28 describes though.

That’s understandable, because sending saboteurs seems kinda cheesy for such missions. Yeah I got a mission to disrupt a highly guarded system but I could just send a saboteur for less risk/loss and only a modest sum for the job, when you are supposed to risk metric tons of marines to do the job.

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: August 12, 2021, 07:46:44 AM »

I never even realized that Diktat can't colonize, probably because they never survive long enough to matter.
Their system really isn't much of a fortress though. The AI doesn't seem to have a problem taking it, unlike the home systems of mod factions like the Ninth Battlefleet and especially Legio Infernalis.

Is there a way to allow them to colonize but force them to focus on one or two nearby systems instead of spreading out to the edges of the sector like some other factions?
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 396