Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013088 times)

KMS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.2c "Mercenaries and Patriots" (fixes 2021-06-12)
« Reply #4065 on: August 01, 2021, 07:48:20 AM »

I'm not sure if I just missed it, but I haven't found a clear answer to this:

I know that, by default, colonies involved in story missions cannot be invaded by the Nexerelin AI. Once you complete the story quest, do the relevant colonies become available for AI invasions?

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: August 01, 2021, 01:33:48 PM »

Can gamestart options be added to the factions settings to allow Explorarium and [REDACTED] to spawn and otherwise act like Nex factions? I know the former is possible in Corvus mode but I'd like it in normal mode too.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: August 01, 2021, 02:00:38 PM »

I'm not sure if I just missed it, but I haven't found a clear answer to this:

I know that, by default, colonies involved in story missions cannot be invaded by the Nexerelin AI. Once you complete the story quest, do the relevant colonies become available for AI invasions?

Yes. And it isn't just an update at the end of the main quest- colony flags will update dynamically when they are no longer story-relevant.

Can gamestart options be added to the factions settings to allow Explorarium and [REDACTED] to spawn and otherwise act like Nex factions? I know the former is possible in Corvus mode but I'd like it in normal mode too.

I suppose [REDACTED] could technically be made to act like a "normal" Nex faction...

Spoiler
But there's a very good reason why the Remnant is implemented differently and why you still track their rep when blowing them up. Consider stopping by Prism and checking your TriPad while getting a drink, sometime.
[close]

KMS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: August 01, 2021, 08:12:56 PM »

Yes. And it isn't just an update at the end of the main quest- colony flags will update dynamically when they are no longer story-relevant.

This is very good news, thank you. This mod keeps on impressing me.

Kiddin Me

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: August 02, 2021, 04:21:21 PM »

It isn't a critical issue, but there's some built-in supply and demand strangeness in the base game, insofar as the Luddic Path and several Pirate locations have permanent shortfalls of primarily supplies and fuel (which provides permanent, guaranteed profits), while the High Command at Sindria means that there's also a permanent supply shortage there, as well.

Are there any thoughts about mitigating these by e.g. adding a Gamma Core to Sindria and providing a Heavy Industries to one of the Luddic Path markets?
Yeah, might do stuff along those lines! (Not sure about heavy industry for Path, I'll probably instead try to make their accessibility not terrible so that they can actually import stuff they need)

Quote from: Unpublished Changelog
Add Waystations to both Luddic Path planets, gamma core to Sindria's High Command

One issue with this change: a Waystation adds supply and fuel demand, as well. This isn't a problem for Chalcedon, but it is a problem for Epiphany, and actually exacerbates their perpetual deficit problems.

I've done some tinkering and found that Chalcedon doesn't see a change in demand (due to already having a Military Base), but Epiphany does.

Maybe look at adding a faction-specific modifier for base game Pirate and Path markets which adds e.g. 20% accessibility? The (currently disabled in base game) Luddic Majority modifier confirms that this sort of faction-specific modifier is already supported. Something like:

Smuggling Network: Shunned by legitimate businesses and even law-abiding freelancers, commerce in $market is dominated by a motley collection of criminals, renegades, and 'legitimate businessmen.' Accessibility is improved if $market is controlled by Pirates or the Luddic Path.

This also helps avoid making them an unduly enticing target for invasion by the player by adding yet another building to a very poorly defended market.

Parcell

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: August 02, 2021, 04:46:56 PM »

Do you guys and gals think it would be awesome if your own faction can deploy special task groups?

Fuzzatron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: August 02, 2021, 07:59:32 PM »

I just started a colony and then 2 days after I left the system it just switched over to another faction's control.  No invasion mission, nothing.  I jumped right back into the system and there was no fleet there or anything.  I used console commands to instantly teleport there and loaded older saves from the day and checked.  There's no reason, I just get an alert at the same time every time that my market is transferred to Legio Infernalis for no reason.

This is ridiculous design if it's not a bug.

They were sending a colony expedition there.  They sent that colony expedition 4 in-game days after I discovered it and before I sold the survey data anywhere.  This is also terrible design.  If the colony expedition conquered my colony that I founded first, that's garbage.

Finally, despite them some how conquering my sovereign territory, we're not at war.  Apparently, invasions are not hostile acts.

Seriously, WTF is going on in my game!?

I'm going to wipe them off the face of the sector incase the legio is the problem.  Will report back.

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: August 02, 2021, 08:32:29 PM »

They sent that colony expedition 4 in-game days after I discovered it and before I sold the survey data anywhere.  This is also terrible design. 

While everything else in your post sounds like a bug (or maybe an oversight) I strongly disagree with this point.
Factions regularly send out colony expeditions to places I haven't explored at all. It would be "terrible design" if the AI had to wait for you to sell survey data to colonize anywhere outside the core worlds.

enigma74

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: August 03, 2021, 05:43:36 PM »

Is there a configuration setting to edit the frequency of random diplomacy events (cooperation deal, cultural boom, etc) that affect faction relations? I definitely want them...but at a much slower pace so that the sector is "stagnant" for longer.

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: August 04, 2021, 08:35:26 AM »

Do you guys and gals think it would be awesome if your own faction can deploy special task groups?

You can request fleets at any point. A quality modifier would be nice though.

Parcell

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: August 04, 2021, 08:21:13 PM »

You can request fleets at any point. A quality modifier would be nice though.

I found them interesting because special task groups can do a variety of tasks and are almost independent unlike defense or invasion fleets. I really hope Histidine adds an option where you can assemble one and order them around, But I'll leave it to Histidine and other veteran players to decide if they think that's a good idea.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 08:23:33 PM by Parcell »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4076 on: August 05, 2021, 04:46:56 AM »

Was gonna go to v0.10.3 with this, but I found and fixed the last (known) hang in the decivilized planet encounter, and decided I couldn't hold it up for the couple of art assets I need for the planned 0.10.3 feature.

Nexerelin v0.10.2e
Download

Changelog

Compatibility note: Let me know if your operatives' current/queued actions are lost on loading save.

Spoiler
## v0.10.2e ##
* Fix broken fleet previews
* NPC colony expditions: Fix relationship requirement to invade a queue-jumping player colony (now needs inhospitable instead of neutral)
    * Also reduce rep penalty for queue jumping (15 -> 10)

## v0.10.2d (Discord-only) ##
* Gameplay
    * Rework recent unrest effect from player raids
        * Now still in 1-3 range, instead of being directly based on raid strength ratio, it counts the number of marine icons used
        * Every 3 icons adds one point of unrest
        * Effect is also floored based on the danger level of the objectives, so hitting an Extreme danger target will always apply 3 points of unrest
    * Player can request colony fleets and send them to any surveyed planet
    * Revise/refactor conquest victory requirements and externalize thresholds to settings.json
        * Now the largest faction must also be at least twice as big as the runner-up to win by market size
    * Lower cooldown for NPC relief fleets
        * Was 30 * size, now 20 * (size + 1)
    * VIC mod support
        * VIC can sometimes use regular sat bomb instead of virus bomb
        * NPC markets will build relevant structures in response to viral contamination
        * Random sector will generate VIC structures
    * Rebellion suppression fleets' scaling changed; no longer become ridiculously large with the biggest markets
    * Remnant contact mission 1 tries to pick markets within a certain range of ground defense strengths
    * Player outposts now have spaceport (can be used for functions requiring a dock, like logistics hullmods)
        * Does not affect existing outposts in saves
    * Random sector tries to make factions which also spawn their own systems/markets less bloated
    * Add a bit of random variance to vengeance fleet spawn times
    * Add Waystations to both Luddic Path planets, gamma core to Sindria's High Command
    * Hegemony and Persean League like each other less
* Fixes
    * Fix remaining case of freeze on deciv planet encounter
    * Fix a temporary memory leak in new game
    * Fix automated ships not being storable at outposts or autonomous colonies
    * Fix cloning merc officers by storing their ships
    * Fix being able to buy colony governorship at negative price
    * Fix Derelict Empire not knowing ships with Archean Order TC
    * NPC colony expeditions don't target systems cut off from hyper, or planets marked as invalid targets for random mission locations
    * Fix error messages when opening comm link with Remnant station while non-hostile
    * Try to keep colony expedition fleets from getting distracted while in target system
* UI/Text
    * Invasion intel nofification plays colony threat sound when commissioning faction is targeted
    * Improve tutorial start's explanation of its bugs
    * Tweak a Midnight dialog
    * Update some credits
    * Show the number of ships player will have after hiring a mercenary company (to help avoid going over the limit)
* Modding
    * Add `nex_preferredAdmin` and `nex_preferredAdmin_factionId` memory keys (for PersonAPIs) to enforce specific admins on markets
[close]

I just started a colony and then 2 days after I left the system it just switched over to another faction's control.  No invasion mission, nothing.  I jumped right back into the system and there was no fleet there or anything.  I used console commands to instantly teleport there and loaded older saves from the day and checked.  There's no reason, I just get an alert at the same time every time that my market is transferred to Legio Infernalis for no reason.

This is ridiculous design if it's not a bug.

They were sending a colony expedition there.  They sent that colony expedition 4 in-game days after I discovered it and before I sold the survey data anywhere.  This is also terrible design.  If the colony expedition conquered my colony that I founded first, that's garbage.

Finally, despite them some how conquering my sovereign territory, we're not at war.  Apparently, invasions are not hostile acts.
If you try to queue jump by making your own colony on the target of a colony expedition, they can invade your new colony. (Although, as you'll note from the changelog, the relationship threshold for attempting this was bugged; fixed now).

NPC colony expeditions are intentionally not tied to selling survey data, for reasons including the one DownTheDrain describes :)

Is there a configuration setting to edit the frequency of random diplomacy events (cooperation deal, cultural boom, etc) that affect faction relations? I definitely want them...but at a much slower pace so that the sector is "stagnant" for longer.
eventFrequency in data/config/exerelin/diplomacyConfig.json

It's an idea I've been considering. The immediate concern is that players would expect to be able to order it around, so I'll have to implement a GUI for doing this.
Although this gives rise to a new issue, namely that a huge buddy fleet that can follow you around would be OP AF if it was free.

Maybe I'll make the task group cost money to create.
Or, cooler yet, all its ships come from the player (as per the common vanilla feature request for players to be able to make an NPC fleet out of their spare ships). Except then it's not a special task group so much as a "random recovered junk task group"... Hmm, this is getting complicated real fast. Something to think about later.

It isn't a critical issue, but there's some built-in supply and demand strangeness in the base game, insofar as the Luddic Path and several Pirate locations have permanent shortfalls of primarily supplies and fuel (which provides permanent, guaranteed profits), while the High Command at Sindria means that there's also a permanent supply shortage there, as well.

Are there any thoughts about mitigating these by e.g. adding a Gamma Core to Sindria and providing a Heavy Industries to one of the Luddic Path markets?
Yeah, might do stuff along those lines! (Not sure about heavy industry for Path, I'll probably instead try to make their accessibility not terrible so that they can actually import stuff they need)

Quote from: Unpublished Changelog
Add Waystations to both Luddic Path planets, gamma core to Sindria's High Command

One issue with this change: a Waystation adds supply and fuel demand, as well. This isn't a problem for Chalcedon, but it is a problem for Epiphany, and actually exacerbates their perpetual deficit problems.

I've done some tinkering and found that Chalcedon doesn't see a change in demand (due to already having a Military Base), but Epiphany does.

Maybe look at adding a faction-specific modifier for base game Pirate and Path markets which adds e.g. 20% accessibility? The (currently disabled in base game) Luddic Majority modifier confirms that this sort of faction-specific modifier is already supported. Something like:

Smuggling Network: Shunned by legitimate businesses and even law-abiding freelancers, commerce in $market is dominated by a motley collection of criminals, renegades, and 'legitimate businessmen.' Accessibility is improved if $market is controlled by Pirates or the Luddic Path.

This also helps avoid making them an unduly enticing target for invasion by the player by adding yet another building to a very poorly defended market.
Hmm, it seemed okay when I looked at it. Waystation doesn't increase supply demand on either Chalcedon or Epiphany, since the Heavy Batteries on each planet already matches its demand. It increases fuel availability by one (due to +10% accessibility) while also increasing fuel demand by one, so it's kind of a wash there, but I'm moderately sure that 3/5 fuel demand met results in less of a price spike than 2/4 at least.

Not sure yet I want to 'meddle' with vanilla to the extent of creating an entirely new market condition for pirate+Path markets. Although now that I think about it, I'm vaguely tempted to implement a general system of factional bonuses for markets (like Commissioned Crews, except for markets instead of ships and not for the player).

Some of the other options I considered were:
- Free port (dunno, don't feel like the Path would allow free movement of outsiders in/out of their most important territories)
- Story point upgrade (but then all the other factions will be asking why they don't have SP upgrades too)
- Fullerene spool, megaport (no)

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: August 05, 2021, 12:15:51 PM »

Or, cooler yet, all its ships come from the player (as per the common vanilla feature request for players to be able to make an NPC fleet out of their spare ships). Except then it's not a special task group so much as a "random recovered junk task group"... Hmm, this is getting complicated real fast. Something to think about later.

I would absolutely love this.
Not necessarily as a special task group, that could be tied to other mechanics or costs, but as a stop-gap measure for early or isolated colonies that can't rely on regular patrols. Might also be cool for invasions or difficult battles where you just want to throw quantity at the enemy without needing a massively bloated player fleet.
It probably wouldn't be very balanced but a lot of fun.

Also, thx for the update, much appreciated.

idiotekque

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: August 05, 2021, 03:28:37 PM »

Absolutely this. If it were possible to put together and name your own AI controlled fleet/s out of ships you choose and set up, that would be amazing. Can't imagine it would be a simple thing to integrate, but that would be such a great addition to colony play.

Kiddin Me

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: August 06, 2021, 07:49:00 PM »

Hmm, it seemed okay when I looked at it. Waystation doesn't increase supply demand on either Chalcedon or Epiphany, since the Heavy Batteries on each planet already matches its demand. It increases fuel availability by one (due to +10% accessibility) while also increasing fuel demand by one, so it's kind of a wash there, but I'm moderately sure that 3/5 fuel demand met results in less of a price spike than 2/4 at least.

Not sure yet I want to 'meddle' with vanilla to the extent of creating an entirely new market condition for pirate+Path markets. Although now that I think about it, I'm vaguely tempted to implement a general system of factional bonuses for markets (like Commissioned Crews, except for markets instead of ships and not for the player).

Some of the other options I considered were:
- Free port (dunno, don't feel like the Path would allow free movement of outsiders in/out of their most important territories)
- Story point upgrade (but then all the other factions will be asking why they don't have SP upgrades too)
- Fullerene spool, megaport (no)

Yep, you were right! The smaller proportionate shortages do reduce the huge chunks of money you can make.

I would say that I'm in favor of faction modifiers. Stuff which boosts Pirate and Luddic market defences further (to mitigate the allure of the player 'breaking the rules' and easily conquering them) seems nice.

E.g.

"Pirate Entrenchment: Anyone attacking $market inevitably find themselves wading through a variety of vicious booby-traps, ambushes, and underhanded, asymmetrical combat from the desperate criminals who call it home. [Something something adds moderate-to-large flat defense value.]"

"Pather Entrenchment: Anyone attacking $market must be prepared to face waves of fanatical militants who care far more about the sanctity of their holy stronghold than they do about their own lives. This fanatical adherence to Ludd's Path also means that troublemakers (real or imagined) also quickly find themselves 'dealt with.' [Something something adds a smaller flat defense value and a point or two of stability.]"
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 396