Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014810 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.2c "Mercenaries and Patriots" (fixes 2021-06-12)
« Reply #4005 on: July 11, 2021, 01:17:10 AM »

Are there any plans to make it so that when you make your own faction you get to choose whether it is technocratic etc and choose disposition effects (hates ai core etc)?
Faction customization is currently a 'distant goal' kind of thing.

I don't understand how Operatives work. I got one, and figured out how to move one, but I have no idea how to use one to find a pirate base. I have it at one of my colonies with pirate presence, but only travel option shows up. What exactly do I do?
If the 'find pirate base' option doesn't appear that's probably because the base location is already known, check the intel map with pirate faction filter.

xeran_dereth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: July 12, 2021, 10:39:42 PM »

I'm sorry if this is the wrong mod, but I get an issue when encountering the remnant agent (Save two cores from a planet). Specifically, it happens when the Remnant quest giver shows up for the first time. The game crashes to a white screen and when I reload, I can accept the quest no problem.

2371601 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Stringsuper.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I have a similar issue with the same quest, whenever I choose military actions on the planet that the quest sent me to, in this case Orthus, the game hard crashes, I have not found a way around it.
66894 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.isInsignificant(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CampaignFleetAPI;)Z
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.isInsignificant(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CampaignFleetAPI;)Z
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.Nex_MarketCMD.showDefenses(Nex_MarketCMD.java:365)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.MarketCMD.execute(MarketCMD.java:318)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.Nex_MarketCMD.execute(Nex_MarketCMD.java:134)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.A.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.C.runScript(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:106)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:51)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:57)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.fireBes t(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:177)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionS elected(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:210)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.V$1.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.k.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: July 13, 2021, 12:03:18 AM »

Opening a comm link with any Remnant Nexus while being anything but hostile with them results in a bunch of nullEx messages appearing.

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: July 13, 2021, 11:38:38 AM »

Opening a comm link with any Remnant Nexus while being anything but hostile with them results in a bunch of nullEx messages appearing.

how do you do this

when i try to use an attachement it says that it's too big because you do not even have 200kb for uploading. so how did you do it?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4009 on: July 14, 2021, 12:47:24 AM »

I have a similar issue with the same quest, whenever I choose military actions on the planet that the quest sent me to, in this case Orthus, the game hard crashes, I have not found a way around it.
Update your Starsector (needs to be 0.95a-RC15, get it again from the download/buy page).

Thanks! Fixed for next version.

when i try to use an attachement it says that it's too big because you do not even have 200kb for uploading. so how did you do it?
Use an image hosting website like Imgur

BarnOwlBlue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: July 14, 2021, 12:23:09 PM »

Is there some way to raise the threshold on the conquest victory? It feels like all the Persian League or Hegemony needs to do to win is capture 3 planets and make allies with one minor faction.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: July 14, 2021, 07:11:59 PM »

Speaking of missions, there's... not really a bug as such, but a bit of what I think is an unintended design hiccup due to mod interaction.

So our friend N's first mission will send you to an independent planet to raid for a package. It seems like the indep planets are chosen because they tend to have low defense rating, usually well below 1k, so you only need like 250-350 marines, usually. This seems to be angled to make it so that it's not too onerous to get on N's plotline early if the player wants to go hard on that route. The problem, though, comes with certain mods (Arma is a prime example that I actually saw): there are some mods that include independent worlds that are close but not quite ready to be their own polity, and so are significantly militarily stronger than vanilla indep worlds. They can, however, still be chosen as a location for N's mission... so you need to spring the package from, say, New Meshan for the requirement of a cool 3,500 marines if you knock down no infrastructure (never mind managing to sneak up to such worlds). It is entirely possible to say "well that's rando for you", but it still feels a little... unintended and out of step with the likely intended progression of this agent/character.

So: would it be possible to add a check so that N's initial quest doesn't give you a target that requires more than, say, 500 marines? I think that'd help weirdness from occurring in some seeds.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: July 14, 2021, 07:58:07 PM »

at that stage of unintended mod interaction I'd almost save at the planet, quit & load up the console commands mods, resume, cheat that stage of the quest, then save & uninstall the console commands mod.
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: July 14, 2021, 08:09:07 PM »

Oh for sure, and that's basically how I handled it, but as I was doing it I was thinking "you know, it might be possible for Nex to make a sanity check for this sort of situation".

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: July 15, 2021, 03:59:37 PM »

hey just out of curiosity, why is it that derelict empire doesnt spawn fleets from the derelict planets in the archean order total conversion?
everything else works fine
the new mod that adds derelict (and other) bounties spawns the derelict bounty fleets
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #4015 on: July 15, 2021, 10:50:27 PM »

Is there some way to raise the threshold on the conquest victory? It feels like all the Persian League or Hegemony needs to do to win is capture 3 planets and make allies with one minor faction.
It's currently hardcoded. I might need to fiddle with the default in general, in addition to moving it to a config file.

Speaking of missions, there's... not really a bug as such, but a bit of what I think is an unintended design hiccup due to mod interaction.

So our friend N's first mission will send you to an independent planet to raid for a package. It seems like the indep planets are chosen because they tend to have low defense rating, usually well below 1k, so you only need like 250-350 marines, usually. This seems to be angled to make it so that it's not too onerous to get on N's plotline early if the player wants to go hard on that route. The problem, though, comes with certain mods (Arma is a prime example that I actually saw): there are some mods that include independent worlds that are close but not quite ready to be their own polity, and so are significantly militarily stronger than vanilla indep worlds. They can, however, still be chosen as a location for N's mission... so you need to spring the package from, say, New Meshan for the requirement of a cool 3,500 marines if you knock down no infrastructure (never mind managing to sneak up to such worlds). It is entirely possible to say "well that's rando for you", but it still feels a little... unintended and out of step with the likely intended progression of this agent/character.

So: would it be possible to add a check so that N's initial quest doesn't give you a target that requires more than, say, 500 marines? I think that'd help weirdness from occurring in some seeds.
Yeah, I'll probably have to write a custom filter for finding the appropriate indie market. Though the bribe option always works regardless of defense level, so there's that.

hey just out of curiosity, why is it that derelict empire doesnt spawn fleets from the derelict planets in the archean order total conversion?
everything else works fine
the new mod that adds derelict (and other) bounties spawns the derelict bounty fleets
Derelict Empire uses a separate faction (id nex_derelict instead of derelict) from regular derelicts, so I can mess with it without changing derelict encounters from things like probes. I'm not sure why there'd be an incompatibility with AO though, probably best if you discuss the issue with Morrokain.

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: July 15, 2021, 11:06:48 PM »

It is likely too early to bother asking, but since this mod adds [REDACTED] raids on the Core Worlds and the coming game update (0.95.1a?  0.95b?) will include a skill that might allow an officer to Neural Link to a recovered [REDACTED] ship, will the frequency of the [REDACTED] raids be dialed back?  I dunno what triggers them in the code, so it may not matter if multiple possible triggers.  Plus, seems like officers won't have access to the combo of [REDACTED] ship recovery AND neural Link (even Lvl 7 pod officers), only player will, rendering such a concern moot.  Still, figured I might as well ask.  Since otherwise there might end up being random core fleets with recovered [REDACTED] ships (although would be kinda cool to see rare salvage fleets with a few [REDACTED] frigates, maybe a destroyer).
I wasn't always a Judge...

idiotekque

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: July 17, 2021, 07:33:03 AM »

Apologies if this has been mentioned or talked about before, but I am noticing that the war/peace declarations seem really wonky (not sure if it's just in newer versions or not, I don't seem to recall it being so all over the place in the past). I haven't gotten very far into my latest playthrough, and three or four times now, factions and alliances have made peace or agreed to ceasefires, just for them to declare war again (whether via alliance vote or otherwise) a week or so later.

There was one instance where the ceasefire was overwritten by a war declaration two days later. Not sure if it's intended or not, but it just seems a bit odd and minorly immersion breaking. If two factions are committing to some sort of political agreement of peace, and they broke the agreement, ceasefire, etc, a few days later, they would quickly become massively distrusted by just about everyone (which isn't happening). It feels like there needs to be some sort of system in place where these agreements last a reasonable length of time, or have a smaller chance to be overridden so incredibly quickly.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: July 17, 2021, 09:44:12 AM »

There was one instance where the ceasefire was overwritten by a war declaration two days later.

art reflecting reality. it really do be like that tho
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: July 17, 2021, 12:18:03 PM »

Apologies if this has been mentioned or talked about before, but I am noticing that the war/peace declarations seem really wonky (not sure if it's just in newer versions or not, I don't seem to recall it being so all over the place in the past). I haven't gotten very far into my latest playthrough, and three or four times now, factions and alliances have made peace or agreed to ceasefires, just for them to declare war again (whether via alliance vote or otherwise) a week or so later.

There was one instance where the ceasefire was overwritten by a war declaration two days later. Not sure if it's intended or not, but it just seems a bit odd and minorly immersion breaking. If two factions are committing to some sort of political agreement of peace, and they broke the agreement, ceasefire, etc, a few days later, they would quickly become massively distrusted by just about everyone (which isn't happening). It feels like there needs to be some sort of system in place where these agreements last a reasonable length of time, or have a smaller chance to be overridden so incredibly quickly.

System for ceasefire/peace declarations seems to only be on a by faction basis, NOT a per alliance basis.  But calling a war vote is on an alliance basis.  So sometimes a faction that signs a ceasefire/peace agreement with you is quickly or even immediately pulled back into a war with you by an alliance partner calling for and winning a war vote.  Appears to mostly depend on you rep with all faction members of any particular alliance.

Can't tell if this is a true software bug by not having the peace treaty/ceasefire applied across an entire alliance, or whether this is just an unintended result.  Or maybe intended.  Basically you have to spend dat colony money on agents always raising your rep with any factions that hate you until you are either strong/rich enough to not care or have an alliance of your own... although since so much will be changing in a few months with 0.951ab being released, may not matter until after that!

Still, would be nice for agents to have a high risk mission to cause false flag diplomatic incidents to either weaken or break up alliances, since Hegemony always seems to immediately ally with Luddic Church or Persean League regardless of the in-game lore stating that each of the three "powers" fundamentally disagree with each of the other factions' philosophy/ethics/morals.  Although perhaps I'm playing this mod wrong, supposedly the main powers are less likely to ally with one another if you have a few extra faction adding mods...
I wasn't always a Judge...
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 396