Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013489 times)

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.2c "Mercenaries and Patriots" (fixes 2021-06-12)
« Reply #3990 on: July 01, 2021, 08:51:49 AM »

hey umm, if i may request something, could you make it possible for relief fleets to be sent out more often(aka the down timer not being so long) or that they reduce unrest by more?

so far using industrial evolution the colonies seem to fall one by one simply because of the industrial raids, and also because of the way deterioation works currently. i wish this was not the case to be honest

Wanker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: July 01, 2021, 07:18:56 PM »

Not sure if this is the place to report a bug/exploit, but high hazard, low stability planets using the hazard pay option can become so unprofitable that you get PAID to buy governorship of them.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/818909403331297333/860342299527086100/unknown.png
Perhaps a 0 credits low cap on payouts?

To achieve this: Have enough credits for an initial buyout. Shut down everything, enable free port and hazard pay, then cede the planet back. When you go back to buy it, the deficit from hazard pay is still taken into account and nukes the income value of a planet, allowing you to circle spam buying and ceding governorship for infinite space dosh.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3992 on: July 02, 2021, 07:40:55 AM »

Thanks for the bug reports!

Hi there!
I was just wondering If there is a setting to increase the size of the markets I can purchase from the factions I am commissioned by.
Nexerelin/data/config/setting.json: nex_governorship_maxSize

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I just can't find it in the settings:

Is it possible to make Automated ships storable in outposts?
It's not configurable by a non-modder, but I've fixed the oversight (outposts should not block any storage as illegal) for next version :)

Found this bug while fiddling around with Arsenal Expansion since that mod also has the same issue.
It is possible to clone "permanently assigned" mercenaries by storing their ships in any storage and then assigning them onto any other ship.
[...]
Been fiddling around with the Misc.isUnremovable() function and I've come to the conclusion that this was probably never meant to be used with anything that isn't an AI core. Or more precisely anything that doesn't use the AI core officer interface.
The reason behind that is because AI cores do not persistently exist in the officer interface and will not show up in the officer list if you do not have any of them in your cargo while human officers will not disappear from the interface unless you dismiss them, leading to this issue. I'm guessing this is a vanilla limitation and fixing this smells tricky unless there is a way to prevent storing ships, which sounds like digging into to obfuscated parts of the vanilla code so I suggest making company mercs non-permanent for an easy fix.
Interesting, thanks for looking into it!

I'll see if I can remove the officer from the fleet when the ship is stored, without too much hax. If not, guess I'll have to make them non-permanent, even though that kinda detracts from the flavor.

Not sure if this is the place to report a bug/exploit, but high hazard, low stability planets using the hazard pay option can become so unprofitable that you get PAID to buy governorship of them.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/818909403331297333/860342299527086100/unknown.png
Perhaps a 0 credits low cap on payouts?

To achieve this: Have enough credits for an initial buyout. Shut down everything, enable free port and hazard pay, then cede the planet back. When you go back to buy it, the deficit from hazard pay is still taken into account and nukes the income value of a planet, allowing you to circle spam buying and ceding governorship for infinite space dosh.
Ouch, lol. Yeah adding a floor to the price sounds good.

hey umm, if i may request something, could you make it possible for relief fleets to be sent out more often(aka the down timer not being so long) or that they reduce unrest by more?

so far using industrial evolution the colonies seem to fall one by one simply because of the industrial raids, and also because of the way deterioation works currently. i wish this was not the case to be honest
Hmm I could lower it somewhat. The cooldown is kinda long right now (30 days * destination market size).

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile

Contact bounty timers are defined in vanilla code.

And what is the way to get to this code, please

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: July 03, 2021, 04:57:36 AM »

So I took an allies home planet back for them but now im stuck with it? Is there a way to give it back to them? I dont want to govern some rando planet! Plus its their home planet I want strong allies!  Thanks!

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: July 03, 2021, 10:21:28 AM »

So I took an allies home planet back for them but now im stuck with it? Is there a way to give it back to them? I dont want to govern some rando planet! Plus its their home planet I want strong allies!  Thanks!

talk to their station commander or equivalent
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: July 03, 2021, 12:28:26 PM »

Yes, talk to one of the lead officials at a port in order to hand it to a different faction.

That said, you also need a functioning spaceport in order to do so, so if it got disrupted, you'll have to wait.

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: July 03, 2021, 03:09:44 PM »

Ohhhh awesome thanks a bunch guys/gals!

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: July 03, 2021, 09:27:38 PM »

I'm sorry if this is the wrong mod, but I get an issue when encountering the remnant agent (Save two cores from a planet). Specifically, it happens when the Remnant quest giver shows up for the first time. The game crashes to a white screen and when I reload, I can accept the quest no problem.

2371601 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Stringsuper.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: July 09, 2021, 06:30:09 PM »

Does this mod mess with map seeds if you don't enable random core worlds? I just copied pasted a map seed but its not the same.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: July 09, 2021, 10:02:24 PM »

Does this mod mess with map seeds if you don't enable random core worlds? I just copied pasted a map seed but its not the same.
AFAIK, each map seed is related to the mods that you are running. If someone plays vanilla, the seed will create a sector the same way every time. If a modlist is exactly the same, then the sector will be the same.

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: July 10, 2021, 04:22:45 AM »

Dang…. Because I found an amazing system I was not able to take (redacted) and I want to play it again. I think it had 2 lvl 5 planets both were Terran and a lvl 4 and was just amazing in general. Oh well…

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: July 10, 2021, 08:48:21 AM »

Are there any plans to make it so that when you make your own faction you get to choose whether it is technocratic etc and choose disposition effects (hates ai core etc)?
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: July 10, 2021, 01:34:10 PM »

I don't understand how Operatives work. I got one, and figured out how to move one, but I have no idea how to use one to find a pirate base. I have it at one of my colonies with pirate presence, but only travel option shows up. What exactly do I do?
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 396