Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013568 times)

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.2c "Mercenaries and Patriots" (fixes 2021-06-12)
« Reply #3975 on: June 23, 2021, 10:04:02 PM »

Also note that certain factions are more aggressive about colonization than others, and this includes mod factions.

If you play with Scy Nation or Volkov, prepare for them to be colonizing maggots given no adjustment and plenty of time.

Seleukus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: June 25, 2021, 03:41:55 PM »

Hello, is it ok if I ask for help here regarding a crash?

I'm trying to raid a word every ~3 days to get blueprints, and after a few raids, every time I click "show military options", the game crashes.

48561 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.isInsignificant(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CampaignFleetAPI;)Z
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.isInsignificant(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/CampaignFleetAPI;)Z
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.Nex_MarketCMD.showDefenses(Nex_MarketCMD.java:365)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.MarketCMD.execute(MarketCMD.java:318)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.salvage.Nex_MarketCMD.execute(Nex_MarketCMD.java:134)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.A.execute(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.C.runScript(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:106)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:51)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:57)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.fireBes t(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:177)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionS elected(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:210)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.V$1.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.k.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I doubt someone can help, but doesn't hurt asking.
Been really enjoying the mod thus far. Thank you for all.

edit: i don't know javascript or anything about modding this game, but i searched the files and as far as i got was line 365 of Next_MarketCMD.java
for (CampaignFleetAPI fleet : b.getNonPlayerSide()) {
                     if (fleet == responder) continue;
                     if (!fleet.isStationMode()) {
                        hasNonStation = true;
                        hasOtherButInsignificant &= Misc.isInsignificant(fleet);
                     }
                  }

Looks like it is iterating on fleets that don't belong to my faction, but I don't know how to follow Misc.isInsignificant(fleet).I don't understand if that's a file or a method... can't make sense of it.

edit2: looks like Misc is actually in core game Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\starfarer.api.zip. Indeed "isInsignificant" method does not exist. Well, that's as far as my sherlock holmes goes.  :'(

edit3: the lines containing isInsignificant were introduced in commit 84561b5f27c33d193dbd83cb7fb782dd45a715ca in 5/23/2021.
* Fix battle join logic when taking military action against a market
I'm going to try raid without any ships around or something.

edit4: yup, trying to click "military options" in a station/planet with nearby enemy fleet causes crash consistently. No fleet nearby, no crash.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 05:21:14 PM by Seleukus »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3977 on: June 25, 2021, 06:34:05 PM »

Might need to think over whether I should change some rules to prevent early Heg/League alliances, or I should just let the player use the console to remove the victory in the rare cases it happens (because more rule complexity is undesirable).

@Seleukus: Update your Starsector (latest is 0.95a-RC15, you can get it on the same release page as previous 0.95 releases).

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: June 26, 2021, 03:26:49 AM »

Also note that certain factions are more aggressive about colonization than others, and this includes mod factions.

If you play with Scy Nation or Volkov, prepare for them to be colonizing maggots given no adjustment and plenty of time.

Yeah I'm playing with HMI, Xhan and Scy and HMI has by far the most colonies. They are very aggressive and keen on invading other planets. Right now they have 21 markets while the second largest faction is the Hegemony with 12. Most others have 2-6.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 04:39:29 AM by Big Bee »

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: June 26, 2021, 08:36:42 PM »

Please make L4R affect agents in some way!
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: June 27, 2021, 06:50:28 AM »

so a small note/request, could you maybe add a feature that makes it so that if i have a planet in a system and give another planet to some other faction(hunting grounds, reviving dead factions) in the same system that they basically have no claim over any planet? they did not seem to act upon anything but so far the game says that the planets are probably are gonna die if i colonize them

Seleukus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: June 27, 2021, 07:49:31 AM »

Hello, in previous game version 091 I would use operative (from nexerelin) to boost standings, buy ships and do other stuff. In new new version 095, I can't find these guys anymore. Please advise.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: June 28, 2021, 01:14:19 AM »

Prism Freeport sells HVB boss ships right off the bat when Vayra's Sector isn't installed. Is this so that you're not locked out of the boss ships without Vayra's Sector or simply because there is no variable associated with the ships so it just defaults to selling them?

There is a minor issue in the special contact mission when you go down the bribe route, I had to talk to the portmaster twice for the "Return to Prism Freeport" mission prompt to show up in the interaction dialog which probably means that returning to Prism without talking twice won't let you progress? Edit:Did it again and it was just the prompt not showing up. Though there is some weirdness like docking immediately with Asharu after buying them makes the "Return to Prism Freeport" show up before "Your fleet approaches Asharu". Is this because of the vanilla mission system and not Nexerelin?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 01:25:48 AM by mora »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3984 on: June 28, 2021, 02:32:20 AM »

Please make L4R affect agents in some way!
What, as in beyond the existing +1 agent shared with L4L? I don't know what I'd change there or why, but if you have ideas feel free to post them.

so a small note/request, could you maybe add a feature that makes it so that if i have a planet in a system and give another planet to some other faction(hunting grounds, reviving dead factions) in the same system that they basically have no claim over any planet? they did not seem to act upon anything but so far the game says that the planets are probably are gonna die if i colonize them
If you keep the largest military planet (or the largest planet period if no military bases are present in the system) that'll keep you as the owner. (Note that this isn't reflected in the colonization screen text, because I can't change that)

Prism Freeport sells HVB boss ships right off the bat when Vayra's Sector isn't installed. Is this so that you're not locked out of the boss ships without Vayra's Sector or simply because there is no variable associated with the ships so it just defaults to selling them?
I've deliberately made the HVB ships available, yeah.

There is a minor issue in the special contact mission when you go down the bribe route, I had to talk to the portmaster twice for the "Return to Prism Freeport" mission prompt to show up in the interaction dialog which probably means that returning to Prism without talking twice won't let you progress? Edit:Did it again and it was just the prompt not showing up. Though there is some weirdness like docking immediately with Asharu after buying them makes the "Return to Prism Freeport" show up before "Your fleet approaches Asharu". Is this because of the vanilla mission system and not Nexerelin?
Yeah, you need to undock for a bit for it to progress. I think that's just how vanilla works seeing as I copied the code from there, although there's probably a way to make it instant and I just haven't looked for it yet.

Kryzaec

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: June 28, 2021, 06:48:49 PM »

Lmao, just started a campaign with nex, no other mods.

After 1 Minute: Hegemony and Luddic Church formed the Alliance "Galactic Federation"

After 5 Minutes: Persean League joined "Galactic Federation"

After 5 Minutes: "Hegemony and its allies have become the dominant force in the Galaxy with others slipping into irrelevance" "Hegemony Conquest Victory"

Gave me a good chuckle  ;D

Guess i'll have to send an Agent to remind the Persean League why they formed in the first place
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 06:52:05 PM by Kryzaec »

hollow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: June 29, 2021, 12:29:42 PM »

Hi there!
I was just wondering If there is a setting to increase the size of the markets I can purchase from the factions I am commissioned by.

capshades

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: June 29, 2021, 03:55:35 PM »

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I just can't find it in the settings:

Is it possible to make Automated ships storable in outposts?

Marco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: June 30, 2021, 08:31:00 PM »

If you, like me, dislike the Vulture Salvager fleets gobbling up all the good stuff, here's how to disable them.

Go to mods\Nexerelin\data\config\ and look for settings.json. You can open it with any text editor, I use Notepad++.

On line 63, about a fifth of the way through the file, look for this line:

"nex_vultureSpawnRateMult":1,   # unsure what this actually does tbh

If you set this to 0, it stops the Vulture fleets from spawning.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 08:42:07 PM by Marco »

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: July 01, 2021, 08:24:16 AM »

Found this bug while fiddling around with Arsenal Expansion since that mod also has the same issue.
It is possible to clone "permanently assigned" mercenaries by storing their ships in any storage and then assigning them onto any other ship.
The top row are the cloned mercs.

Been fiddling around with the Misc.isUnremovable() function and I've come to the conclusion that this was probably never meant to be used with anything that isn't an AI core. Or more precisely anything that doesn't use the AI core officer interface.
The reason behind that is because AI cores do not persistently exist in the officer interface and will not show up in the officer list if you do not have any of them in your cargo while human officers will not disappear from the interface unless you dismiss them, leading to this issue. I'm guessing this is a vanilla limitation and fixing this smells tricky unless there is a way to prevent storing ships, which sounds like digging into to obfuscated parts of the vanilla code so I suggest making company mercs non-permanent for an easy fix.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 08:26:11 AM by mora »
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 396