Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 398

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3042846 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

Well now I know why Alex did that thing that particular way...

Here's a .jar that should fix both the above issues (put in Nexerelin/jars). Official fix later this week.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile

So actually, I have a general Nex question. While the game does give warnings if you try to conquer a Notable Planet before story completion (when story is active), are the planets "protected" in any way from NPC invasion before the story is complete? Could an NPC attacker potentially take, say, Chicomoztoc before that branch of the story is complete? I've seen attempts at invading places like Gilead or Chico and I was wondering how exactly the mechanics work.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

So actually, I have a general Nex question. While the game does give warnings if you try to conquer a Notable Planet before story completion (when story is active), are the planets "protected" in any way from NPC invasion before the story is complete? Could an NPC attacker potentially take, say, Chicomoztoc before that branch of the story is complete? I've seen attempts at invading places like Gilead or Chico and I was wondering how exactly the mechanics work.
Normally the mod checks for whether the planet is marked as story-critical by Starsector, and won't consider such planets for sending NPC invasions. This can be toggled with the allowInvadeStoryCritical setting in exerelin_config.json.

Note that most but not all of the key locations in the Academy quests will have their story-critical flags removed as the quests are completed.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile

Normally the mod checks for whether the planet is marked as story-critical by Starsector, and won't consider such planets for sending NPC invasions. This can be toggled with the allowInvadeStoryCritical setting in exerelin_config.json.

Note that most but not all of the key locations in the Academy quests will have their story-critical flags removed as the quests are completed.

Exactly the way I would want it to work. Thank you!

I also have Some Feedback™ about the way the response fleets work in 10.2, but I want to take a little time to write that out.

also f***in' lol, that means sindria isn't currently plot-critical. rip in hell andrada, you huge facist
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 07:23:54 AM by SpaceDrake »

Sir Willliam of Uganda

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi Histidine

I've encountered a minor problem with the Derelict Empire custom scenario:
The Red Planet quest can direct you to a spacer on a Derelict owned planet.
I tried to capture said planet but the bar event is still not available although the questmarker persists

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile

What are the war declaration parameters?  Wasn't so much of an issue before (ie, 0.91), but in 0.95 so far, both major alliances declared war on me within like six months of each other, all to attack a single colony I started that was barely a 4... has led a a weird situation where my colony's access is negative, so can't resupply.  Not that I can't prolly overcome it, just weird choices by mod.  Like maybe Nuclear Gandhi weird.
For opportunistic declarations of war (the "Declare War" diplomacy event), check the diplomacy profiles in intel; if the faction is able to opportunistically declare war on your faction, it'll say so near the top. A faction will do it if it smells an easy target, and relationships are low enough; most require inhospitable, but the Paranoid trait allows it at suspicious.

Other than that, random events can also push you into the hostile range.

Best thing I can suggest is build up a reputation buffer with the big boys before getting a colony, or get a commission with one of the said big boys as cover (that faction won't attack you, and others will be more likely to attack your commissioning faction's colonies than your own); can always resign it later.

Is there some way to enforce like a temporary white list where you faction isn't really considered attackable until like you have colonized at least two systems, or at least three planets?  Having the faction or faction alliances declare war, make peace, then declare war again post-haste is kinda ridiculous.  Like the game systems will operate normally if you drop back down to less than 2 systems or 3 planets, but until your faction first becomes marginally large in the first place, seems kinda pointless to "declare war," but never bother to finish the job... Never even bothered to get a commish, so not even technically a rebellion...!  But barely running two colonies in a de facto state of constant war is getting ridiculous.
I wasn't always a Judge...

NZK

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey,

Little bit of a random post, just wondering, is there a trick to locating Prisim Freeport now?

Waaaay, back when I was playing SS, had no issues.  But, after having recently comeback, cant seem to find it anywhere.  I have Enabled it in the start up.

Is there a known MOD conflict that makes it not spawn?

Any help appreciated.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile

going to invade Nova Maxios, I got a warning that doing so will distort the future. can someone spoil for me what the game is warning me about here?
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hey,

Little bit of a random post, just wondering, is there a trick to locating Prisim Freeport now?

Waaaay, back when I was playing SS, had no issues.  But, after having recently comeback, cant seem to find it anywhere.  I have Enabled it in the start up.

Any help appreciated.
Turn off... I forget what the overlay's called. It's the first one on the sector map.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile

Just a thought, but being able to start on a random planet with your own faction in the default sector would be amazing. perhaps generate a new system for the player near the other core factions?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Just a thought, but being able to start on a random planet with your own faction in the default sector would be amazing. perhaps generate a new system for the player near the other core factions?
Stick it in Duhzak :P

NZK

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey,

Any help appreciated.
Turn off... I forget what the overlay's called. It's the first one on the sector map.

Cheers Bud, gave that a crack, but it doesn't show up anywhere.  Might try just loading nex and see what happens with no other mods.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

Is there some way to enforce like a temporary white list where you faction isn't really considered attackable until like you have colonized at least two systems, or at least three planets?  Having the faction or faction alliances declare war, make peace, then declare war again post-haste is kinda ridiculous.  Like the game systems will operate normally if you drop back down to less than 2 systems or 3 planets, but until your faction first becomes marginally large in the first place, seems kinda pointless to "declare war," but never bother to finish the job... Never even bothered to get a commish, so not even technically a rebellion...!  But barely running two colonies in a de facto state of constant war is getting ridiculous.
It does seem a bit odd that the player gets treated as an actual space polity (i.e. something you can have diplomacy with) when having just one size 3 colony. I don't have any ideas for fixing it right now though, I'll look at it in a later version.

Hey,

Any help appreciated.
Look in the Sitnalta nebula west of Askonia.

Someone's requested a similar thing recently. My idea was to find a suitably high-value planet in the existing core worlds and make it a player colony (this means sharing a star system with an existing faction, most likely).

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile

Hmm, I know at least one mod moves it to it's own system, but not which mod or where.

in my game running all mods on the map its in a cloud named sitnalta between askonia & kumari kandam
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 398