Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013500 times)

EpicMachine

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi,

I would like to report a bug.
If you have the skill that allows you salvage [REDACTED] ships, and you have one in your fleet. You are unable to store it in an Outpost you made on a planet, it says "It's illegal to sell it here".

Hope you find the time to get it fixed :)

Love the mod, it's really great. Thank you.

jackthesmack

• Ensign
    • View Profile

What's going on here? An AI fleet came up to me and I have no option but to either go hostile or burn a story point.

Edit: Found how how to reproduce.

• Fly by AI fleet in Asteroid belt.
  • Salvage derelict ship.
  • AI fleet comes after me.

https://streamable.com/497qz9
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 11:05:52 AM by jackthesmack »

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile

What's going on here? An AI fleet came up to me and I have no option but to either go hostile or burn a story point.
IIRC it's a bug in vanilla - the remnant fleet is supposed to be flagged so that fighting it won't damage your reputation with the Remnants faction, but the flag is incorrectly applied to your fleet instead of theirs.

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile

i like the menu changes :)  i mean amongst all the other cool stuff, you guys are great.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

Hi,

I would like to report a bug.
If you have the skill that allows you salvage [REDACTED] ships, and you have one in your fleet. You are unable to store it in an Outpost you made on a planet, it says "It's illegal to sell it here".

Hope you find the time to get it fixed :)

Love the mod, it's really great. Thank you.
Thanks! And fixed the bug.

IIRC it's a bug in vanilla - the remnant fleet is supposed to be flagged so that fighting it won't damage your reputation with the Remnants faction, but the flag is incorrectly applied to your fleet instead of theirs.
Yep, that's correct.
It's likely not practical for me to fix modside without unwanted changes to other Remnant behavior, so for now just add back your reputation with console.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile

So on the subject of "vanilla stuff that isn't quite playing nice with Nex 10.1c", I'm That Dork who actually wanted to do the Tutorial start with Nex for the "story immersion" (I am newish to the game but I have played the default game a fair bit, while some friends heavily recommend Nex as more or less being vital to the game overall). So I started up a new game with the tutorial start, and it turns out that consistently crashes the game - everything else is fine, number of mods doesn't matter, this is specifically a Nex issue. To reproduce, just try to start a new game with the tutorial start option under custom start. It should crash with a short "null: fatal" error asking you to consult the log file.

That said, it manages to save before the crash, so the game still appears to work... however, the game actually also forgets to advance the calendar to March 2nd! I'll have to play more to see if it breaks anything else, but it seems like the game otherwise works, it's just the tuto start that's a bit off. :V Here's the snippet of the crash log on my end, with the big obvious exception. (That is not a small number of zeroes. That is a lot of zeroes!) https://pastebin.com/Yvf7naEa

Anyway, this otherwise seems neat, and hopefully this bug isn't too hard to sort out.

Aramoro

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey, i see there is a feature to trade bps, cool as hell.

i waned to know how it works...and im looking at "campaign\rulecmd\Nex_BlueprintSwap.java" now, didn't think there was so much code behind it

Can this be used to add specific bps(or any item) to a submarket, so they always have it on stock?
ofc a lot of it is interface, but there didn't seem to be any mods that do that so i wonder

Shuka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.0e "Space Hero Academia" (fixes 2021-04-21)
« Reply #3892 on: May 24, 2021, 01:27:56 PM »

If you can do it, taking out the orbital works on Chicomoztoc (and the one on Raesvelg for good measure) will really mess them up.

Finding a way to start a war between Heg and one of the other major factions (Persean League is good) should also take some of the heat off TT.

This is great advice that has been sitting right under my nose for far too long.

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile

love the mod and all the work you guys have done, but ive made about 6-8 different nex campaigns over the course of this year and i keep running into the same thing.   

every time i start a game as a faction that faction starts getting invaded almost right away.  ive tried running campaigns as a few different factions but the result always seems to be the same.  in this last example the 2nd notice of any faction taking any hostile actions toward one another was the announcement of my factions largest world coming under assault which they then proceeded to lose as i just hit level 7 and cant stop waves of battleships quite yet.

Ive tried to avoid black market transactions more then i have in the past, altho i suppose i have made some illicit trades, but really...what am i doing wrong? this happens 100% of the time to me even when i disable factions like hegemony altho i did have diable (mod) faction in their place who turned out to be the aggressor in this example, but i think ive tried neither in the past and STILL got the same result.

what am i doing wrong?

edit: just struck me.  im going to start another game where i am hegemony or diable and maybe leave them later when i get on my feet or if they start getting hit to bad.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 12:38:22 AM by Warlord-616x »

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile

love the mod and all the work you guys have done, but ive made about 6-8 different nex campaigns over the course of this year and i keep running into the same thing.   

every time i start a game as a faction that faction starts getting invaded almost right away.  ive tried running campaigns as a few different factions but the result always seems to be the same.  in this last example the 2nd notice of any faction taking any hostile actions toward one another was the announcement of my factions largest world coming under assault which they then proceeded to lose as i just hit level 7 and cant stop waves of battleships quite yet.

Ive tried to avoid black market transactions more then i have in the past, altho i suppose i have made some illicit trades, but really...what am i doing wrong? this happens 100% of the time to me even when i disable factions like hegemony altho i did have diable (mod) faction in their place who turned out to be the aggressor in this example, but i think ive tried neither in the past and STILL got the same result.

what am i doing wrong?

edit: just struck me.  im going to start another game where i am hegemony or diable and maybe leave them later when i get on my feet or if they start getting hit to bad.

What are the war declaration parameters?  Wasn't so much of an issue before (ie, 0.91), but in 0.95 so far, both major alliances declared war on me within like six months of each other, all to attack a single colony I started that was barely a 4... has led a a weird situation where my colony's access is negative, so can't resupply.  Not that I can't prolly overcome it, just weird choices by mod.  Like maybe Nuclear Gandhi weird.
I wasn't always a Judge...

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

So on the subject of "vanilla stuff that isn't quite playing nice with Nex 10.1c", I'm That Dork who actually wanted to do the Tutorial start with Nex for the "story immersion" (I am newish to the game but I have played the default game a fair bit, while some friends heavily recommend Nex as more or less being vital to the game overall). So I started up a new game with the tutorial start, and it turns out that consistently crashes the game - everything else is fine, number of mods doesn't matter, this is specifically a Nex issue. To reproduce, just try to start a new game with the tutorial start option under custom start. It should crash with a short "null: fatal" error asking you to consult the log file.

That said, it manages to save before the crash, so the game still appears to work... however, the game actually also forgets to advance the calendar to March 2nd! I'll have to play more to see if it breaks anything else, but it seems like the game otherwise works, it's just the tuto start that's a bit off. :V Here's the snippet of the crash log on my end, with the big obvious exception. (That is not a small number of zeroes. That is a lot of zeroes!) https://pastebin.com/Yvf7naEa
Yeah, it's an obscure bug somewhere in the vanilla code. I've reported to Alex, but don't know if it's being worked on.
(One odd workaround is to start at level 2, the crash only happens at level 1 for some reason)

Hey, i see there is a feature to trade bps, cool as hell.

i waned to know how it works...and im looking at "campaign\rulecmd\Nex_BlueprintSwap.java" now, didn't think there was so much code behind it

Can this be used to add specific bps(or any item) to a submarket, so they always have it on stock?
ofc a lot of it is interface, but there didn't seem to be any mods that do that so i wonder
The blueprint trader doesn't interact with submarkets at all, if you're wondering. I see you've already gotten help elsewhere though.

what am i doing wrong?

What are the war declaration parameters?  Wasn't so much of an issue before (ie, 0.91), but in 0.95 so far, both major alliances declared war on me within like six months of each other, all to attack a single colony I started that was barely a 4... has led a a weird situation where my colony's access is negative, so can't resupply.  Not that I can't prolly overcome it, just weird choices by mod.  Like maybe Nuclear Gandhi weird.
For opportunistic declarations of war (the "Declare War" diplomacy event), check the diplomacy profiles in intel; if the faction is able to opportunistically declare war on your faction, it'll say so near the top. A faction will do it if it smells an easy target, and relationships are low enough; most require inhospitable, but the Paranoid trait allows it at suspicious.

Other than that, random events can also push you into the hostile range.

Best thing I can suggest is build up a reputation buffer with the big boys before getting a colony, or get a commission with one of the said big boys as cover (that faction won't attack you, and others will be more likely to attack your commissioning faction's colonies than your own); can always resign it later.

bob888w

• Commander
    • View Profile

In a prespawned system who has the initial "claim" on a systems worlds? Or is it split evenly among the existing polities in the system?

(Trying to figure out why Kadur Remnant is getting invaded in the first few cycles of game start).

Jade Tendency

• Lieutenant
  • Fourth Olympus
    • View Profile

So I have a weird issue, Hegemony conquered an ARS base, and now I get "Hegemony Respawns" messages over and over. Is this a problem with Legacy of Arkgneisis or Nex you think? I have faction respawn set to off.

Edit: I had the bright idea to kill the base with console comands and now I get "Neutral Faction Respawns" and then Neutral Faction Disbands over and over instead.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 09:47:22 AM by Jade Tendency »

envenger

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

what am i doing wrong?

I increase the invasion settings in the config to avoid this.

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile

interesting, i might have to look into that. and thanks.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 11:39:44 PM by Warlord-616x »
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 396