Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013480 times)

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile

if one disables some factions at the start of the game and goes through a playthrough will the factions I disabled appear later if I turned on enable spawning of factions not present at the start?
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

ThePinkPanzer

• Commander
  • Professional accidentaly rude person
    • View Profile

I do have some art/writing things I'd like to have though! Right now, they're:
  • Portrait for Remnant contact
  • Concept and dialog for more Remnant story missions
  • Intel icons (invasions, rebellions, and a 'hire mercenary company' feature I'll introduce in the next major release)
Added you on Discord to talk to you about helping out with those!

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile

Well, I've got plans to make invasion somewhat harder

Would love this. Right now invading worlds (even big ones) is very very easy for the player even though it feels like it would be the most difficult military action and a big thing to work towards.
A few hundred marines, one ship with ground support hullmod, some heavy armaments, and you can take most major colonies with no chance of failure by just destroying the station (if there's one) and doing one tactical bombardment before invasion. Not much is required and preliminary work such as reducing a colony's stability/defenses beforehand with various means (sabotage and attacking convoys to cause shortages etc) is never really needed.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

I have this problem where the game crashes if i choose a lvl 1 start, it goes straight to sector generation skipping skill selection and boom. If i chose a lvl 6 start, i get 5 skills (should be 6 or 7 no?), and once in game it appears i am at negative xp. Here is my mod list:
https://imgur.com/7CqgcqI

Has anyone else had this bug? Any hints appreciated ty.
Il
That should only happen if you're doing the tutorial start. In which case the -1 skill point is deliberate (you get it back for free a bit into the tutorial). I can't easily fix the negative XP without doing a replacement of the vanilla tutorial mission, but you can add the XP back with console.

The crash with level 1 happens after the new game save, so you can load the save after the crash and continue, but I'll ask Alex why it's happening to begin with.

Consistent crash to desktop when halfway generating a randomized core worlds sector with Nexerelin v0.10.1 but not when generating a non-randomized core world sector. Below is the crash log and my mod list, thank you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EE9zrHabwHMsMC5AwNiJQ-fk7Z8cbjsL/view?usp=sharing
Hmm, are you on the unofficial Starsector Discord server?
The modlist is far too long for me to want to debug personally, but if you're available for a period of time later I can provide a modified Starsector API to try and figure out why it's crashing.

I do have some art/writing things I'd like to have though! Right now, they're:
  • Portrait for Remnant contact
  • Concept and dialog for more Remnant story missions
  • Intel icons (invasions, rebellions, and a 'hire mercenary company' feature I'll introduce in the next major release)
Added you on Discord to talk to you about helping out with those!
Thanks! I think we can discuss sometime this week.

Flacman3000

• Commander
    • View Profile

if one disables some factions at the start of the game and goes through a playthrough will the factions I disabled appear later if I turned on enable spawning of factions not present at the start?

Does anyone know the answer to this?
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

ChrysalisThe

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I can verify the pirate activity bug, I infact have not one but 12 colonies without ANY pirate activity. Some even had no patrol buildings. Most layed back playthrough i have had. While I had raids and invasions by the pesky hegemony by the dozend and invasions by just about anyone who polutes my sector yet not a single pirate attack, which is weird since i am at -100 opinion with them. By all rights they should hate me :D

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile

Did anyone check the vengeance fleet feature in the latest version?

I despite having incoming vengeance fleet notification multiple times, they never came to me. It always end as "missione finished" or something like that

Glitzer

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I can verify the pirate activity bug, I infact have not one but 12 colonies without ANY pirate activity. Some even had no patrol buildings. Most layed back playthrough i have had. While I had raids and invasions by the pesky hegemony by the dozend and invasions by just about anyone who polutes my sector yet not a single pirate attack, which is weird since i am at -100 opinion with them. By all rights they should hate me :D

I have had a similar experience. In fact, I've gone through quite a while of not having any pirate base bounties in addition to no pirate activity for my 3 colonies that are pop 6.

I despite having incoming vengeance fleet notification multiple times, they never came to me. It always end as "missione finished" or something like that

I've had this happen a couple times where I see that the vengeance fleet was launched but eventually it ends because they didn't find me. I was actually wondering if it was because I kept my transponder off while they were hunting me down until I saw your post.

Justinkid

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but since v0.10.0e (and in v0.10.1) I've noticed a lack of pirate activity in my systems. I've had colonies for ~20 hours now and have not endured a single pirate raid.

Update: I did eventually get a single raid on my system. So it seems raids are possible, they're just exceptionally rare. I have Second-Wave Options installed which makes the game more difficult including decreasing colony growth and income. Because of that my colonies only recently began making a profit, and even then only 50-70k at population 5. So maybe that's part of the problem. Also I know .95a-RC14 made changes aimed at decreasing pirate activity, so that's likely involved as well. Still, it appears others running nex have noticed the same thing.

Assuming .95a-RC14 introduced changes to the variables or the equation responsible for determining raid frequency, I wonder if Nexerelin's settings somehow conflict with the new changes in a way that precludes the raids from occurring?

I have had a similar experience. In fact, I've gone through quite a while of not having any pirate base bounties in addition to no pirate activity for my 3 colonies that are pop 6.

Weird, bases are still spawning normally for me and I'm getting bounties for them. The problem in my game seems to be limited to the frequency of pirate activity in my system.

Can confirm. I've had dozens of incoming vengeance fleet notifications but never actually encountered one. Its not as if I'm hiding either, I just go about my business as usual and after awhile it says the mission's over. I thought maybe they were getting killed en-route so I increased "vengeanceFleetSizeMult" from .8 to 4 in the exerelin config, theoretically making them more than 4x bigger, but they still never could find me. Someone should test if the vengeance fleet can find them if they sit motionless in the core with their transponder on, for science!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 05:34:51 PM by Justinkid »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Am I supposed to lose Marine experience when I give them to a station commander to counter rebellions?  I had 100% Elite marines, I gave 100 to the station commander to counter a rebellion, and my Maine experience dropped to 68%. Just selling Marines doesn't reduce their experience.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

Looked into the pirate activity/raid issue, but I haven't been able to easily identify a bug with a minimal modset; so far, things look like they're working as intended (this isn't necessarily the same thing as 'good for gameplay', mind). If someone has a save without too many mods that could help me figure it out, thanks.

Are NPC factions also not getting raids or pirate activity?
Did you wipe out the regular pirate colonies? (that stops new bases from spawning in Nex)
Are you killing bases almost as soon as they appear? (a newly spawned base takes 6-18 months before it can launch a raid; see settings below)

Does the following print anything in console?
Code: java
runcode 
import exerelin.campaign.intel.bases.Nex_PlayerRelatedPirateBaseManager;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.bases.PirateBaseIntel;
for (com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.comm.IntelInfoPlugin intel : Global.getSector().getIntelManager().getIntel(PirateBaseIntel.class)) {
PirateBaseIntel base = (PirateBaseIntel)intel;
if (base.isTargetPlayerColoniesOnly()) {
Console.showMessage("Player-related pirate base in " + base.getEntity().getContainingLocation().getNameWithLowercaseTypeShort());
}
}

Does setting the raid timeout values in base game settings.json to zero help?
Code: json
	"basePirateRaidTimeoutMonths":[6, 18],
"pirateRaidTimeoutRaidDefeatedMaxExtraMonths":12,

Can confirm. I've had dozens of incoming vengeance fleet notifications but never actually encountered one. Its not as if I'm hiding either, I just go about my business as usual and after awhile it says the mission's over. I thought maybe they were getting killed en-route so I increased "vengeanceFleetSizeMult" from .8 to 4 in the exerelin config, theoretically making them more than 4x bigger, but they still never could find me. Someone should test if the vengeance fleet can find them if they sit motionless in the core with their transponder on, for science!
Vengeance fleets can only operate for a certain amount of time before being made to go home (time increases with vengeance level), and they have to fly to where the player is, so a player on the move can avoid them for quite a long time. Maybe the timer should be longer (or removed completely).

Try to guess from the name.

Am I supposed to lose Marine experience when I give them to a station commander to counter rebellions?  I had 100% Elite marines, I gave 100 to the station commander to counter a rebellion, and my Maine experience dropped to 68%. Just selling Marines doesn't reduce their experience.
That's not supposed to happen (and I couldn't reliably repro). But I've changed it to keep the marine XP on fleet (like selling/storing does), so when you give away marines the XP level of the ones remaining increases.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile

That's not supposed to happen (and I couldn't reliably repro). But I've changed it to keep the marine XP on fleet (like selling/storing does), so when you give away marines the XP level of the ones remaining increases.
One thing that can happen is that the remaining marines on your fleet aren't able to hold all of the xp the stack used to have, in which case the excess is wasted. That's a vanilla mechanic, it can happen if you sell a bunch of marines (putting them in storage should give the excess xp to the marines in storage IIRC).

ChrysalisThe

• Ensign
    • View Profile

@pirate issue they do have colonies, i even had a single base with minimal pirate activity but in like 10 years i didn't get a single raid.

Flacman3000

• Commander
    • View Profile

Try to guess from the name.

One can assume it's an option used for adding new factions that weren't previously installed only. I didn't feel stupid asking this question to reconfirm.
Unfortunately, I do not know the ins and outs of the workings of the mod that is why I come asking this question. I felt the way you responded was unnecessary. Perhaps it was for comedic effect?

When I give my clients a nutrition plan what may be obvious to me (the creator) might not be obvious to the client/user, same for workout plans. It might be annoying to repeat or state the obvious but it has enabled me to put as much information as possible in the index when they are not sure. Perhaps it's time Nexrelin started a community wiki?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 07:45:33 AM by Flacman3000 »

Justinkid

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Vengeance fleets can only operate for a certain amount of time before being made to go home (time increases with vengeance level), and they have to fly to where the player is, so a player on the move can avoid them for quite a long time. Maybe the timer should be longer (or removed completely).

Yeah, it seems the timer reliably runs out before the vengeance fleets catch the player, at least in my game.

So yeah, assuming there's no way to make them more adept at seeking the player, I agree the timer should be increased. I don't think it should be removed completely though because I could see a balance issue wherein a player slowly accumulates a large number vengeance fleets and essentially turns the core into a mine-field. This could make for some exciting gameplay, but with no way of getting rid of them aside from waiting to be ambushed randomly, it could get annoying or downright game-breaking.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the timer starts at 1 month? Maybe try increase it to 6 months, with 12 being the max?

edit: Wait I actually don't know, is it possible to have, for example, two or more pirate fleets after you at the same time or is each faction limited to only one vengeance fleet at a time? I had presumed it was the former, but if its the latter I see no issue with removing the timer altogether.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 09:17:48 AM by Justinkid »
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 396