Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013413 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

Yeah the faction settings have the wrong default highlights (sorry!) but the states will be set correctly after clicking. Fixed in dev now.

* Add skip story option to new game (marks all Academy quests as completed and grants gate travel)
Does this mean that the vanilla storyline can still be played in Nex? Can those missions be broken if the core worlds get invaded? Is there a big enough warning sign for the noobs to understand that randomized = no vanilla quests?
- If you skip the story it won't take place, obviously. Otherwise, yeah, it still works (in non-random sector).
- Invading core worlds will likely result in irregular appearances (like needing to visit a certain Tri-Tachyon executive, whose planet now happens to be held by Hegemony) but I don't think anyone has reported an error that breaks the actual game progression.
- No warning sign on random sector because I forgot. Next version!

Bucket

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.0e "Space Hero Academia" (fixes 2021-04-21)
« Reply #3811 on: May 09, 2021, 12:28:36 AM »

I suspect this is the recent bug with Industrial Evolution. The latest version (2.2b) fixes it, but isn't save-compatible with previous versions.
It's not a I.E bug because it still happens with the new fixes. In fact, this happens:
https://youtu.be/aynw7_pcxI8

Flek

• Ensign
    • View Profile

- Invading core worlds will likely result in irregular appearances (like needing to visit a certain Tri-Tachyon executive, whose planet now happens to be held by Hegemony) but I don't think anyone has reported an error that breaks the actual game progression.

I think I may have found one, I own both of the stations in Isirah and unfortunately cannot talk to anyone to get the piece of evidence which is not from gloom bridge I am on an outdated version as of yesterday though.

TMPhoenix

• Ensign
    • View Profile

To possibly work around that,
Spoiler
did you try to just fly to the com relay in the system and installing the snoop package (not the regular sniffer option)
[close]
?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.0e "Space Hero Academia" (fixes 2021-04-21)
« Reply #3814 on: May 09, 2021, 07:16:49 AM »

I suspect this is the recent bug with Industrial Evolution. The latest version (2.2b) fixes it, but isn't save-compatible with previous versions.
It's not a I.E bug because it still happens with the new fixes. In fact, this happens:
https://youtu.be/aynw7_pcxI8
Hmmmm those look like two rather different bugs.

If the market industry value crash is still happening, post the error log (or tell me if it's the same error log as the one already posted). Although honestly, my opinion is that if some mod creates a special item with null ID, that's a problem with that mod and I'm not changing my stuff to work around it.

The intel arrow going wild thing is new, I suspect it's from the two raids targeted at Anargaia? Try narrowing it down by using the Reparations Society filter tab.
If it is Anargaia... well I'm not sure it's readily fixable mod-side, but it might be good to report it to Alex with a save.

Pokpaul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Is it possible to change the date when the AI starts colonizing?

meowwolf1226

• Ensign
    • View Profile

So, about this newly added remnant contract questline (retrieve two beta core).

I headed to the indicated Independent station to join the underground auction. But there's no specific event or option, only a generic station menu. What am I supposed to do?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

I just noticed a bug where player bombardments happen twice.
For now just add your fuel back with console; I'll release a fix in a few days once (we'll see if any further bug reports come in).

Is it possible to change the date when the AI starts colonizing?
Currently hardcoded to cycle 207.

I headed to the indicated Independent station to join the underground auction. But there's no specific event or option, only a generic station menu. What am I supposed to do?
There's no auction event to get into, you just need to do a raid to swipe those cores.

meowwolf1226

• Ensign
    • View Profile

There's no auction event to get into, you just need to do a raid to swipe those cores.

Hmm, now this is problematic... I really don't wanna fight against an Independent faction. It's either give up the whole questline or find out other ways to solve this. There are no such things as 'Black ops' (*hope they add this kind of content in future - like All-Phase fleet only contents), looks like the only option I have is to capture TONS of VIP from Pirate and bulk release them on another Independent colony after I blast targeted station and retrieve cores.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 07:04:40 AM by meowwolf1226 »

Justinkid

• Ensign
    • View Profile

First time poster here so first of all I just want to say thank you Histidine for all that you do. What a wonderful mod this is!

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but since v0.10.0e (and in v0.10.1) I've noticed a lack of pirate activity in my systems. I've had colonies for ~20 hours now and have not endured a single pirate raid.

I initially thought I found the issue when I noticed the pirates had somehow become "inhospitable" with my faction instead of hostile; however, I reset my relationship with them to -100 and there still hasn't been any raids.

Pirates raids on AI factions appear unchanged, so it's only the player faction thats affected. The luddic path cells are spawning correctly.

On a separate note, this is not a bug but rather a point of discussion. It's about abandoning colonies.

In vanilla, abandoning one's own colony is a strategic choice. It allows the player to recoup some of their investment, and as such, it makes perfect sense as a vanilla mechanic.

In nexerelin however, this mechanic seems a little broken when paired with the invasion mechanic. This is because after invading an AI colony, you can immediately abandon it and receive anywhere from 300k-1.2mil credits, and you don't even receive any diplomatic repercussions. To me, this is broken because it essentially makes saturation bombardments useless.

In vanilla if you wanted to delete an AI colony you had to Sat bomb it, which takes time, you don't get paid, and there are severe diplomatic repercussions. In contrast, in Nexerelin you can simply Invade ->abandon, which essentially accomplishes the same thing, except it is immensely profitable, instantaneous, and without any diplomatic repercussions. It would make more sense to me that either you aren't allowed to abandon colonies that were not yours originally, or if you abandon an AI colony it immediately get's returned to it's previous owner.

Ezene

• Ensign
    • View Profile

When ordering an agent to repeat their last mission, and the last mission has a price above your current funds, they will still do so, resulting in having negative credits.

While credits are negative, agents cannot be ordered to perform any actions, even ones without a cost.

ThePinkPanzer

• Commander
  • Professional accidentaly rude person
    • View Profile

Just wondering, are you still looking for help writing planet descriptions? Would love to lend a hand somehow.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

Hmm, now this is problematic... I really don't wanna fight against an Independent faction. It's either give up the whole questline or find out other ways to solve this. There are no such things as 'Black ops' (*hope they add this kind of content in future - like All-Phase fleet only contents), looks like the only option I have is to capture TONS of VIP from Pirate and bulk release them on another Independent colony after I blast targeted station and retrieve cores.
Turn off your transponder before doing the raid. You'll lose only a bit of rep (or none, if you want to spend a story point on it).

First time poster here so first of all I just want to say thank you Histidine for all that you do. What a wonderful mod this is!

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but since v0.10.0e (and in v0.10.1) I've noticed a lack of pirate activity in my systems. I've had colonies for ~20 hours now and have not endured a single pirate raid.

I initially thought I found the issue when I noticed the pirates had somehow become "inhospitable" with my faction instead of hostile; however, I reset my relationship with them to -100 and there still hasn't been any raids.

Pirates raids on AI factions appear unchanged, so it's only the player faction thats affected. The luddic path cells are spawning correctly.
Hmm, Nex shouldn't affect pirate raids to that degree but I'll keep an eye out.
Do you have the pirate activity condition at least?
Are your colonies size 4 or larger? Size 3 player colonies seem to have immunity from almost all vanilla hostile actions in 0.95.

On a separate note, this is not a bug but rather a point of discussion. It's about abandoning colonies.

In vanilla, abandoning one's own colony is a strategic choice. It allows the player to recoup some of their investment, and as such, it makes perfect sense as a vanilla mechanic.

In nexerelin however, this mechanic seems a little broken when paired with the invasion mechanic. This is because after invading an AI colony, you can immediately abandon it and receive anywhere from 300k-1.2mil credits, and you don't even receive any diplomatic repercussions. To me, this is broken because it essentially makes saturation bombardments useless.

In vanilla if you wanted to delete an AI colony you had to Sat bomb it, which takes time, you don't get paid, and there are severe diplomatic repercussions. In contrast, in Nexerelin you can simply Invade ->abandon, which essentially accomplishes the same thing, except it is immensely profitable, instantaneous, and without any diplomatic repercussions. It would make more sense to me that either you aren't allowed to abandon colonies that were not yours originally, or if you abandon an AI colony it immediately get's returned to it's previous owner.
Yeah, vanilla abandon mechanic (and a bunch of other things about vanilla) wasn't meant to handle colonies being taken by player.
Although even without abandon, the player can still sell all the buildings except spaceport and then hand it over to indies for a little rep. And I've already cut the shutdown refund as much as I'm comfortable with.

Well, I've got plans to make invasion somewhat harder (though this won't really affect the smallest colonies, unfortunately) and also have a (still vague) concept of diplomatic penalties for players who abruptly grab existing colonies, since nobody is going to be happy about a new dangerous warlord arriving on the scene. Maybe those will help.

When ordering an agent to repeat their last mission, and the last mission has a price above your current funds, they will still do so, resulting in having negative credits.
While credits are negative, agents cannot be ordered to perform any actions, even ones without a cost.
Nice catch! Fixed.

Just wondering, are you still looking for help writing planet descriptions? Would love to lend a hand somehow.
TBH working on the planet desc system has been enough of a pain that I'd like to move it to someone else's mod if possible. It's been a fair amount of work copying texts from Google Docs to the game files, and there's also the somewhat smaller work of managing the writers. (Although if people did the integration into Nex in addition to the writing part of it, that'd be a lot easier for me)

I do have some art/writing things I'd like to have though! Right now, they're:
  • Portrait for Remnant contact
  • Concept and dialog for more Remnant story missions
  • Intel icons (invasions, rebellions, and a 'hire mercenary company' feature I'll introduce in the next major release)

Il

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I have this problem where the game crashes if i choose a lvl 1 start, it goes straight to sector generation skipping skill selection and boom. If i chose a lvl 6 start, i get 5 skills (should be 6 or 7 no?), and once in game it appears i am at negative xp. Here is my mod list:
https://imgur.com/7CqgcqI

Has anyone else had this bug? Any hints appreciated ty.
Il

PS. I couldn't run this mod list on RC15 (but i think i was choosing lvl 1 start anyway before i figured it out) so i reverted to RC12 is this ok or no?

PS2. New RC15 install also crashes on lvl 1 start with this mod list. Pls help ;3
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 06:39:04 AM by Il »

dEVoRaTriX_LuX

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Consistent crash to desktop when halfway generating a randomized core worlds sector with Nexerelin v0.10.1 but not when generating a non-randomized core world sector. Below is the crash log and my mod list, thank you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EE9zrHabwHMsMC5AwNiJQ-fk7Z8cbjsL/view?usp=sharing

Code
292113 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager$RouteSegment.isInSystem(RouteManager.java:141)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager$RouteData.getInterpolatedHyperLocation(RouteManager.java:379)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager.shouldSpawn(RouteManager.java:651)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager.spawnAndDespawn(RouteManager.java:617)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.RouteManager.advance(RouteManager.java:577)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.CoreScript.advance(CoreScript.java:128)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.o0oO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.J.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Stringsuper.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Mod List:
Code
"$$$_lightshow",
  "$$$_trailermoments",
  "pantera_ANewLevel30",
  "Adjusted Sector",
  "advanced_gunnery_control_dbeaa06e",
  "anotherportraitpack",
  "ARSWP",
  "armaa",
  "raccoonarms",