Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013364 times)

Jaevwyn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.0e "Space Hero Academia" (fixes 2021-04-21)
« Reply #3795 on: May 06, 2021, 08:56:27 AM »

Hi - you must get this kinda questions a lot there but couldnt spot an answer in previous posts.
Is this up to date / working with the latest release, the bug fix on the 22nd?
I see the post is dated 2021-04-21 but the 22ns release was a minor bug fix so i would guess this mod isnt impacted in any way?

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: May 06, 2021, 08:58:26 AM »

nope, it's save-compatible with the latest version of starsector.

Jaevwyn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: May 06, 2021, 09:48:41 AM »

nope, it's save-compatible with the latest version of starsector.

Thanks!  :)

Rararara

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: May 06, 2021, 01:53:23 PM »

Bug reports:

1) If an autonomous colony increases in size, you are getting informed each day of it, until you take temporary control of it. In my particular case, it happened when Ancyra went to size 6. It restarts daily notification after a new month starts. Revoking autonomy and letting a day pass guarantees messages stops popping up, even on start of new month, but it starts showing up again once you give autonomy back.

2) If you take over Sindria, the Lion's Guard HQ disappears from the building list, but you're still paying the upkeep for it. I imagine this applies to all faction specific buildings. Attached picture with proof.

3) Don't know if intentional, but autonomous colonies can send their own invasion fleets, I find this very neat. I'd like to point out that an autonomous colony with +300% fleet size and +95% ship quality only sent a single fleet. Not sure what influences fleet size.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 02:24:01 PM by Rararara »

Roxorium

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: May 06, 2021, 02:42:53 PM »

Not sure if someone reported that bug yet, but seems like raising faction standing with yourself is broken

"Your agent Keith Romero has successfully subverted the Legio Infernalis political process to improve relations with the player.

Today."

What? ???

[attachment deleted by admin]

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3800 on: May 07, 2021, 05:55:40 AM »

Is there any way to get Ziggurat-doom-machine in randomised core worlds? Cant find in the thread.
BTW cool mod - nice additional game flavour and space is more alive.  ;)
:approval face:

Alpha Site appears in the same spot in random sector as in non-random sector (slightly northeast of core worlds), so if you know where it is you can go there.

Hey Histidine, was there a gameplay or balance reason why you didn't implement player faction for HEM? Was it due to logic? Because I could imaging the player factions production of ships eventually get sold to the HEM from a background lore perspective.
Never really had a reason to. Also pretty pointless since if you know the blueprints you can already build the thing yourself rather than buying it for Prism markup.

Bug reports:

1) If an autonomous colony increases in size, you are getting informed each day of it, until you take temporary control of it. In my particular case, it happened when Ancyra went to size 6. It restarts daily notification after a new month starts. Revoking autonomy and letting a day pass guarantees messages stops popping up, even on start of new month, but it starts showing up again once you give autonomy back.
Oh, this one's kind of a mess. It was wrongly thinking the max colony size was 10, trying to get bigger, failing, then acting as if it succeeded (and since the population meter is still 100%, it tried again a few days later). Made it not do that, thanks!

2) If you take over Sindria, the Lion's Guard HQ disappears from the building list, but you're still paying the upkeep for it. I imagine this applies to all faction specific buildings. Attached picture with proof.
This is an issue with vanilla's handling of the LG HQ, but maybe I should go ahead and override the vanilla implementation in a later version.

3) Don't know if intentional, but autonomous colonies can send their own invasion fleets, I find this very neat. I'd like to point out that an autonomous colony with +300% fleet size and +95% ship quality only sent a single fleet. Not sure what influences fleet size.
Yeah, invasion fleets ignore origin market fleet size mult (otherwise it could have huge variations in size depending on where the fleets came from, which is troublesome to balance). The invasion size scales somewhat with the target defenses, but there are some complexities to it that I won't get into here.

Not sure if someone reported that bug yet, but seems like raising faction standing with yourself is broken

"Your agent Keith Romero has successfully subverted the Legio Infernalis political process to improve relations with the player.

Today."

What? ???
I think there's a weird interaction here where Legio's relationship with player is capped at +10 in its faction config, and this is applying to the raise-relations-while commissioned scenario. Thanks for the report, I'll see about making it not apply there.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

Was going to hold off on a major release for some time, but enough fixes have accumulated. The big features will come later.

Nexerelin v0.10.1
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
## v0.10.1 ##
### Changes since Discord beta v0.10.0x ###
* Fix Remnant contact mission 1 becoming inaccessible if not viewed immediately
* Fix Starfarer mode colony growth penalty applying even when the mode is off
* Fix autonomous colonies trying (and failing) to grow past limit
* Fix player's starting colony in random sector being seeded with 3 industries instead of 2
* Fix new game faction toggle not being scrollable
* Fix tactical bombardment incrementing player's 'atrocity' count
* Add tooltip for random start location option

### Gameplay ###
* Remnant contact modifications:
    * First mission appears in bar rather than on docking
    * Contact appears in intel screen
    * Workaround for Remnant custom production contract being offered only once
        * This fix is not retroactive; to fix existing saves, use console command provided on forum
    * Custom production contract cost mult 1.2 -> 1.4, surplus ship cost mult 0.8 -> 1.0, AI core cost mult 1 -> 2
* Add skip story option to new game (marks all Academy quests as completed and grants gate travel)
* Remove minimum relationship requirement for Prism's High-End Seller
* Random sector: Let player planet seed two industries at start
* Can't transfer colonies to Reparations Society in non-random sector (cheap fix until I work out intended behavior)
* Random sector: Try to not accumulate debt during new game time pass if starting colony is unprofitable
* A colony's free port setting will no longer be changed due to falling under the control of a pirate-type faction, if the colony existed at start of game

### GUI ###
* Add a GUI system for new game dialog

### Text ###
* Rename agents to operatives (disambiguate from the contact rank)
* Update calculation for orphans made from raids

### Fixes ###
* Fix a potential post-invasion crash
* Fix a potential punitive expedition crash
* Fix agent abort action also canceling the queued action
* Update/fix tribute check
* Fix starting d-mods from new game option being added to fleet multiple times
* Fix getting stuck in dialog after remote colony autonomy option
* Fix officers being returned to their ships after permadeath
    * Also make unremovable officers not killable
* Fix Hegemony rep being clamped to zero or better on new game
* Fix random sector terran-eccentric worlds having mirror and shade entities but not the market condition
* Fix lower relations action not displaying relationship change on failure properly
* Fix milestone award not notifying player of new story points
* Fix version checker URL for Starsector version

### Modding ###
* Add settings.json options for population growth mult and max size on station-only colonies
[close]

The workaround console command mentioned in the changelog is as follows (use while in dialog with the contact):
Code: java
runcode Global.getSector().getCampaignUI().getCurrentInteractionDialog().getInteractionTarget().getActivePerson().getMemoryWithoutUpdate().unset("$cpc_ref");

bob888w

• Commander
    • View Profile

THE UI, IT'S SO SMOOOOTH

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile

I can't get faction settings' new UI to remember my settings; if I go back to the previous menu the settings are undone.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 06:07:09 AM by JohnDoe »

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile

* Add skip story option to new game (marks all Academy quests as completed and grants gate travel)
Does this mean that the vanilla storyline can still be played in Nex? Can those missions be broken if the core worlds get invaded? Is there a big enough warning sign for the noobs to understand that randomized = no vanilla quests?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 03:32:45 PM by IonDragonX »

Maxifier

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I am loving this mod so much. ;D
Started playing couple weeks ago.

Is it possible to update the mod without breaking save?  :D

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile

Think I found a bug: the Random Starting Faction Relations and Faction Respawning options visually reset to default when leaving and re-entering their menu, but maintain their actual state.

I can't get faction settings' new UI to remember my settings; if I go back to the previous menu the settings are undone.
Looks to be just a visual bug
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 02:10:27 PM by PreConceptor »

bob888w

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hey i'm not sure if this is a Nexrelin bug or a Beyond the sector one, but every colony in the system has a accessibly rating of -21474836483%, is there anyway to fix it?

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hey i'm not sure if this is a Nexrelin bug or a Beyond the sector one, but every colony in the system has a accessibly rating of -21474836483%, is there anyway to fix it?
That's entirely "Beyond the Sector" bug.

bob888w

• Commander
    • View Profile

Yeah I figured out the problem, a interesting interaction  created through Industrial Evolution and BTS, at this point I'm going to need to figure out how to destory a colony
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 396