Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014279 times)

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.0e "Space Hero Academia" (fixes 2021-04-21)
« Reply #3765 on: April 29, 2021, 08:03:04 PM »

Hey, Histidine I have a question I'm currently making a mod with minimal scripting, etc. I wanted to know how the Prism Freeport works in terms of blueprint exchanges and ships sold on the high-end market. My mod has no faction attached to it, it's kind of you find it, you use it type of implementation for exploration, kind of like seeker only blueprints and no remnant has them. However, I wanted players to be able to exchange other blueprints for bp's from my mod do I need further implementation besides >data>config>prism? or does it take every BP unless blacklisted anyhow? Also for the ships sold on the HEM do I need further implementation or its like before unless blacklisted in the CSV? I noticed a paragon was for sale once, are ships literally randomly selected at each market refresh, or is there a rarity system in place because I haven't seen a Paragon on sale since.

EDIT: Do BP packages get exchanged too or just single item BP's? Just to be sure. And can I make a ship exclusive only to the independent HEM market like the ship has no bp at all and will only be sold on the market rarely?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 10:02:52 PM by Flacman3000 »
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Buddah

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: April 29, 2021, 11:16:13 PM »

A question about agents, is there somewhere specific I should be looking for them? I know I saw some for hire in the beginning of the game but now I swear I've been to every core world 3 times over and can't find a single one.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3767 on: April 30, 2021, 03:53:04 AM »

Missed a couple of posts the first time:

Inconsistency: when docked at an outpost the tooltip for the 'storage' tab says there are no storage fees, but if you actually put items in the storage then the outpost shows up on your monthly income reports as having a storage fee based on the value of items.  The only way to store stuff for free is to put everything in pseudo-colony's local resource stockpile, but that only works for commodities.
Hmm, I'm not getting any storage fee from outposts, although I think people have reported this exact issue before. Maybe one day I'll figure out what's going wrong.

...also is it intentional that outposts function as a spectacularly kludged playercolony* in that they let you refit ships without the "refit in space" CR penalty?

*having a waystation but no spaceport, you can't install/swap logistic hullmods but somehow even though there isn't a dock the refit screen lets you 'restore' to wipe D-mods???
Not intentional, but it's just how the game works and I don't think I can change it. (The exact same effects are seen with abandoned stations)

I stumbled upon the minWarWearinessForPeace in the config file, but the description just says float. What does this setting do?
It's how much war weariness the faction needs to consider making a ceasefire/peace treaty offer to another faction (see the Diplomacy profiles section in intel screen for how much weariness each faction currently has).

Found a minor text bug. When an agent is detected manipulating the political process, the agent's faction should lose standing with the two targets, in this case H.M.I and United Pamed. The text instead shows one of the targets twice, but the standing impact looks correct.
Thanks, fixed!

A question about agents, is there somewhere specific I should be looking for them? I know I saw some for hire in the beginning of the game but now I swear I've been to every core world 3 times over and can't find a single one.
Just keep checking bars I guess, they ought to turn up eventually.

Hey, Histidine I have a question I'm currently making a mod with minimal scripting, etc. I wanted to know how the Prism Freeport works in terms of blueprint exchanges and ships sold on the high-end market. My mod has no faction attached to it, it's kind of you find it, you use it type of implementation for exploration, kind of like seeker only blueprints and no remnant has them. However, I wanted players to be able to exchange other blueprints for bp's from my mod do I need further implementation besides >data>config>prism? or does it take every BP unless blacklisted anyhow? Also for the ships sold on the HEM do I need further implementation or its like before unless blacklisted in the CSV? I noticed a paragon was for sale once, are ships literally randomly selected at each market refresh, or is there a rarity system in place because I haven't seen a Paragon on sale since.

EDIT: Do BP packages get exchanged too or just single item BP's? Just to be sure. And can I make a ship exclusive only to the independent HEM market like the ship has no bp at all and will only be sold on the market rarely?
- Blueprint trader sells BPs for any ship with a "rare_bp" tag, unless it's blocked in the CSV or by having the "no_drop" or "no_bp_drop" tags. It never sells packages, although it will buy them from the player.

- For each ship on the high-end seller, it just picks a random whitelisted faction in the game, then a random ship role (small freighter, large tanker, medium combat ship, etc.) then generates a ship with that faction and role.
If the resulting ship is prohibited for whatever reason (aside from the blacklist, there are FP thresholds for each size class, and it can't have D-mods), it tries again.
It doesn't care whether blueprints of the ship are technically available, just needs to be known to a faction.

Flacman3000

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: April 30, 2021, 06:34:49 AM »

I see so is it possible to have ships that have no blueprints show up without a faction knowing it? Because the ship I want on the HEM doesn't belong to any faction. And can the player's faction be whitelisted so any bp the player learns the HEM begins to sell I would like to enable this actually myself!
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Gniwu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: April 30, 2021, 10:44:02 AM »

Just an idea for Histidine, but have you considered disabling colony growth for AI-controlled space stations? It's kind of weird that those comparatively tiny structures will eventually balloon up in population to level 6 from their pre-game sizes of mostly 3 or 4. Wouldn't change much mechanically, but it helps with immersion.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: April 30, 2021, 11:55:42 AM »

Just an idea for Histidine, but have you considered disabling colony growth for AI-controlled space stations? It's kind of weird that those comparatively tiny structures will eventually balloon up in population to level 6 from their pre-game sizes of mostly 3 or 4. Wouldn't change much mechanically, but it helps with immersion.

unless im misunderstanding you, player does even worse dumping 1000 people on random planets, which i would argue is even more immersion breaking

Alphonselle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: April 30, 2021, 12:34:05 PM »

Yeah, sat bombing Pather stations will cause it to glitch out. Although the base not being killed after losing its station is a bug in itself. Do you know how it happened?

AFAIR some other faction sent a raid fleet to the pather base instead of a base strike fleet. either way, the station got fucc'd. I tried to recolonize the abandoned station, build an orbital station and give it to the pathers, then attacked it again and it disintegrated properly. weird.

Alphonselle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: April 30, 2021, 12:57:38 PM »

Spoiler

[close]
Bug report: Seems like there's another 'pirate' faction that spawned with a pirate base and when I send a base strike fleet to them, my alliance declared with said faction too. weird.

Gniwu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: April 30, 2021, 01:14:13 PM »

unless im misunderstanding you, player does even worse dumping 1000 people on random planets, which i would argue is even more immersion breaking

What do you mean? Those planets are potentially habitable, and even the smallest of them has more room to expand than the biggest possible starbase in the sector. What's unnatural about starting new colonies? That it's too easy? If that's your idea, then I agree, but it wouldn't change the my opinion about settled orbital structures.

NoMercyForLudds_

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: April 30, 2021, 03:17:47 PM »

Question:

Do factions currently use the items I sell to them? Including blueprints, colony items, and planet surveys?

Edit: Also ships/weapons?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 05:02:05 PM by NoMercyForLudds_ »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: April 30, 2021, 03:33:52 PM »

What do you mean? Those planets are potentially habitable, and even the smallest of them has more room to expand than the biggest possible starbase in the sector. What's unnatural about starting new colonies? That it's too easy? If that's your idea, then I agree, but it wouldn't change the my opinion about settled orbital structures.

misread your post
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 01:45:02 AM by shoi »

HollandOats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: April 30, 2021, 10:24:10 PM »

I have a question. Is there any way to disable invasion fleets? I love all the other features of the mod but I've never really liked how often planets flip from one faction to another.

Flacman3000

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: May 01, 2021, 01:13:35 AM »

I have a question. Is there any way to disable invasion fleets? I love all the other features of the mod but I've never really liked how often planets flip from one faction to another.

Ouch that's an amazing feature to disable I'd understand if we didn't have agents but oh well.

Seita

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: May 01, 2021, 03:05:18 AM »

In exerelin_config.json in Nex folder, search "invasion" and set "enableInvasion" to false.

However, this also prevents players invasion (which is added by Nex, not vanilla), so you're only able to raid colonies. The config file is quite well documented so there's probably other options.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 03:08:46 AM by Seita »

Flacman3000

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: May 01, 2021, 05:32:53 AM »

I see so is it possible to have ships that have no blueprints show up without a faction knowing it? Because the ship I want on the HEM doesn't belong to any faction. And can the player's faction be whitelisted so any bp the player learns the HEM begins to sell I would like to enable this actually myself!

Would this workaround work? By adding ship hull known to Tri tach faction file and setting cu_prototypeebm hull frequency to 0 would this make the faction know the hull in knowships yet never use it at all? Therefore enabling it to be just sold at the HEM as a workaround?
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 396