Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013903 times)

DistressBeacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10b "Space Hero Academia" (hotfix 2021-04-12)
« Reply #3675 on: April 14, 2021, 07:25:21 AM »

I'm confused how to get spaceship insurance, it says through the intel screen but I don't see an option in the intel screen to do so.
See this post
If it's still not there, that's a problem, I'll have to look into it.

I checked the config.json, legacy insurance is false but I still don't see the insurance tab, I disabled all my mods except for nex and it's required mods I still couldn't find an insurance tab or insurance in the important tab. I checked before and after getting a commission in case it was dependent on that but it didn't make a difference.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 07:41:06 AM by DistressBeacon »
Pirate fleet pursing your fleet

ReklessAbrandon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: April 14, 2021, 10:34:29 AM »

Does letting factions restart in a campaign allow you to add new faction mods to existing games?

Theamson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: April 14, 2021, 11:35:34 AM »

@Histidine: You´ve talked about a majer update coming up. Do you have rough ETA for us maybe? (Want to start a new playthrough - but i would wait if the update would be coming in the next month or something :D)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3678 on: April 14, 2021, 06:23:19 PM »

I'm confused how to get spaceship insurance, it says through the intel screen but I don't see an option in the intel screen to do so.
See this post
If it's still not there, that's a problem, I'll have to look into it.

I checked the config.json, legacy insurance is false but I still don't see the insurance tab, I disabled all my mods except for nex and it's required mods I still couldn't find an insurance tab or insurance in the important tab. I checked before and after getting a commission in case it was dependent on that but it didn't make a difference.
*checks*
Oh for — Guess who left placeholder code in the intel's isHidden check and forgot to update it?
*sigh* Thanks for checking, it'll be fixed next version.

Does letting factions restart in a campaign allow you to add new faction mods to existing games?
It's not optimal (the factions' usual planets and stations won't spawn, for one) but it can work.
You can also gift the added factions colonies you own, even without respawns being enabled.

@Histidine: You´ve talked about a majer update coming up. Do you have rough ETA for us maybe? (Want to start a new playthrough - but i would wait if the update would be coming in the next month or something :D)
No real ETA, but I really don't expect it to come out within a month. It may not come out even in two months.

Volfgarix

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: April 15, 2021, 11:16:04 AM »

Question about Nex for 0.91a (but should apply for newest as well).
How do I disable Galatian Academy insurance from free start?

ottersholdhands

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: April 15, 2021, 12:27:56 PM »

Thank you for updating Nexerelin for 0.95a. ;D ;D ;D

RemnantAI

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: April 15, 2021, 04:33:04 PM »

I am doing a pirate play on Nexerelin, and I found it somewhat odd that Freeport is a hostile port to Pirates. I know they are part of independents, but their incredibly expensive wares are off limits. Just seems strange.

nullmana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: April 15, 2021, 07:17:32 PM »

Bug report:
AI factions appear to not pay for hazard pay when it is active, instead accumulating debt as long as hazard pay is active on a colony. The AI never has to pay for this, however if the player invades one of these colonies, the debt remains and will be charged to the player in full at the end of the month.
One example of this can be found in the Luddic Church colonies at Penelope's Star. After several cycles, the two colonies there will accumulate several million credits in debt.
If possible, invaded colonies should reset 'Hazard Pay spent this month' to zero upon being conquered by another faction.

Achilles42x

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: April 15, 2021, 11:11:22 PM »

Hi Histidine,

I'm getting a crash when I use Industrial Evolution:

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.campaign.fleets.InvasionFleetManager.getTargetMarketForFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:507)
   at exerelin.campaign.fleets.InvasionFleetManager.getTargetMarketForFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:493)
   at exerelin.campaign.fleets.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionOrRaidFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:644)
   at exerelin.campaign.fleets.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionOrRaidFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:458)
   at exerelin.campaign.fleets.InvasionFleetManager.processInvasionPoints(InvasionFleetManager.java:942)
   at exerelin.campaign.fleets.InvasionFleetManager.advance(InvasionFleetManager.java:1302)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It happens if and only if I add IE. Added it mid-game and had it start crashing on me, started a new game thinking it was a mid-save mod-add issue and, it was still crashing (note- did not start crashing until I colonized a planet). No issues once I went back to an old save of the original without IE. ScalarTech solutions was my faction, if that's useful.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 04:53:45 PM by Achilles42x »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10.0d "Space Hero Academia" (fixes 2021-04-17)
« Reply #3684 on: April 16, 2021, 08:41:11 PM »

Last fix update. I've overdosed on Starsector lately, so I expect I'll be taking a break for a while.

Nexerelin v0.10.0d
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
## v0.10.0d ##
* Disrupt competitor mission: Scale payout with target defenses; dialog gives more information
* Colonies created by NPC expeditions cease hazard pay when reaching size 5
* Partial fix for handling of Shadowyards modular fab series in random sector
* Fix duplication of Shadowyards' Redwings Command in random sector
* Fix Gun Barrel Sequence milestone being granted by NPC agent actions
* Fix player having to pay for accumulated hazard pay debt on market takeover
* Fix player outposts being targeted for missions

## v0.10.0c ##
* Add a quest that grants a Remnant contact, with a distinct set of missions
* Add tutorial custom start
* Mining players will face hostile parties every so often
    * Can be modified/disabled in settings.json
* Add two new player milestones for agents
* SRA's Redwings Command spawns in random sector
* Synchrotron and catalytic core work on station-only markets
    * The better solution would be to make stations all have the no atmosphere condition, but that's too big a change right now
* Fix/improve fuel production seeding in random sector
    * Make sure synchrotron gets placed where it actually functions, and try to place fuel production accordingly
    * Hegemony gets a synchrotron, matching non-random sector
* Fix insurance intel not appearing
* Fix invasion/raid fleets having bloated numbers of tankers
* Fix +1 max agents from officer skills not applying
* Prevent getting stuck in new game dialog due to custom start with nonexistent class
* Fix some cases where things that checked player/officer levels were not updated for level rescaling
* Fix one random colony always spawning in new game even when slider was set to zero
* Fix governorship max size accidentally being set to 6
* Fix starting number of skill points in Spacer start
[close]

I am doing a pirate play on Nexerelin, and I found it somewhat odd that Freeport is a hostile port to Pirates. I know they are part of independents, but their incredibly expensive wares are off limits. Just seems strange.
Hm. The rule is kind of a leftover from SCY version of Prism Freeport, maybe I'll remove it.

Question about Nex for 0.91a (but should apply for newest as well).
How do I disable Galatian Academy insurance from free start?
It's not disable-able independently of the Academy stipend, unfortunately.
Although the new insurance system in 0.95 isn't based on having the stipend (or commissions) any longer.

Bug report:
AI factions appear to not pay for hazard pay when it is active, instead accumulating debt as long as hazard pay is active on a colony. The AI never has to pay for this, however if the player invades one of these colonies, the debt remains and will be charged to the player in full at the end of the month.
One example of this can be found in the Luddic Church colonies at Penelope's Star. After several cycles, the two colonies there will accumulate several million credits in debt.
If possible, invaded colonies should reset 'Hazard Pay spent this month' to zero upon being conquered by another faction.
Oh, so that's what happened in that screenshot earlier in the thread...
Thanks for the good catch! Fixed in latest version.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: April 17, 2021, 03:08:57 AM »

* Fix one random colony always spawning in new game even when slider was set to zero

I thought I was going mad! Cheers for the hard work as usual.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

SeriousCrunch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: April 17, 2021, 09:30:41 AM »

141829 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [VAYRA_SETTINGS.ini]
141836 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\tahlan]
141836 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Vayra's Sector]
142111 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: exerelin/utilities/ExerelinConfig
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: exerelin/utilities/ExerelinConfig
   at data.scripts.VayraModPlugin.setExerelinActive(VayraModPlugin.java:316)
   at data.scripts.VayraModPlugin.onApplicationLoad(VayraModPlugin.java:129)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: exerelin.utilities.ExerelinConfig
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 8 more

I know the dev is taking a break at least that seems to be the case, so if anyone else who knows what's going on here can let me know what to do about this that would be great. I think that there's a call being made to Vayra's sector but I'm not sure if that's the problem cause I have that mod disabled till its patched to .95.

[edit] I found out the problem one of my older mods was causing a conflict, Not sure why probably has something to do with adding new weapons and ships.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 09:53:09 AM by SeriousCrunch »

Gniwu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: April 17, 2021, 10:49:45 AM »

Last fix update. I've overdosed on Starsector lately, so I expect I'll be taking a break for a while.

You've more than earned that break, putting out a functioning release so soon after 0.95! Thank you so much!

I just have one question about the Remnant contact in the newest version: I started my game on Nexerelin 0.10.0b and updated just now - Will that content be available to me in the ongoing run? If not, is there some line or another that I can insert into my save file to put it back on track?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3688 on: April 17, 2021, 07:32:44 PM »

I think that there's a call being made to Vayra's sector but I'm not sure if that's the problem cause I have that mod disabled till its patched to .95.

[edit] I found out the problem one of my older mods was causing a conflict, Not sure why probably has something to do with adding new weapons and ships.
That error is from Vayra's Sector. Are you sure you had it disabled? (Like, the Vayra loading lines are right above it...)

You've more than earned that break, putting out a functioning release so soon after 0.95! Thank you so much!

I just have one question about the Remnant contact in the newest version: I started my game on Nexerelin 0.10.0b and updated just now - Will that content be available to me in the ongoing run? If not, is there some line or another that I can insert into my save file to put it back on track?
Thanks!

The mission should be available in an existing save; just dock at Prism Freeport after 180 days ingame (or any independent market, if Prism isn't in the sector).

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3689 on: April 18, 2021, 12:13:41 AM »

Added a hotfix .jar to the OP, because I'm a certified foo' ass and failed basic things like "turn the debug flag in insurance off" (so it transacts in Monopoly money, i.e. doesn't actually take or pay out credits when it says it does). List of fixes in the changelog; official release later next week.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 396