Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013671 times)

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10b "Space Hero Academia" (hotfix 2021-04-12)
« Reply #3660 on: April 13, 2021, 10:14:06 AM »

thank you!  youre the rockstar of starsector.  thanks be to you and the creators. (lol)

TerranEmpire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: April 13, 2021, 10:37:16 AM »

@Histidine

Also, I would like to thank you for the requested feature. Starsector is great, you make it amazing :)

skairunner

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: April 13, 2021, 01:03:00 PM »

I just captured a colony originally held by O.R.A (from the Outer Rim Alliance mod) via instigating a successful rebellion. They had been doing hazard pay since it was founded, and I was charged 5.8 million credits for that all at once. I'm not sure if this is a reproducible bug, but it certainly made me doubletake :D

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: April 13, 2021, 01:03:26 PM »

Are there any plans to allow getting more agents via story points? Make with some progressively increasing cost so that getting too many of them would be almost impossible

pantothenic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: April 13, 2021, 01:03:59 PM »

I think that issue is from Beyond the Sector? Posted about it here.

Hi hi, long time lurker, never posted before. I'll cut to the chase. I installed Nex mid playthrough but agents aren't appearing at any bars on any markets. Any idea what triggers them to spawn? Or a console command I could use? All the other main features seem to be working fine.
I think they're just rare these days, since they have to compete with other bar events. You can use devmode (which allows more events in the bar at one time) to check if they're appearing. (There's also an AddAgent console command if you're really tired of waiting)

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but has anyone else been getting fatal errors related to the random sector generation option? It only seems to happen when I enable custom factions. Is this a compatibility problem?
It might be the Star Federation mod issue here. If not, and you're using the latest version of the game, post the error message from the log.

Edit: It appears that the Industrial Evolution author has created a patch for his mod that was causing random sector generation to crash.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 02:36:19 PM by pantothenic »

Wookash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: April 13, 2021, 03:25:01 PM »

Janus Box gone after i died is there a way to get a new 1?

DistressBeacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: April 13, 2021, 09:22:16 PM »

I'm confused how to get spaceship insurance, it says through the intel screen but I don't see an option in the intel screen to do so.
Pirate fleet pursing your fleet

krisslanza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: April 13, 2021, 11:32:32 PM »

Nexerelin, I believe, adds the chance that when salvaging a derelict ship, you can find 'intel' to send to one of two factions, right? If so... well, minor storyline spoilers:
Spoiler
If so, ah, it seems that can break the 'storyline', because that event can trigger on the Hamatsu. Which then makes the ship completely uninteractable after the fact. All you have is the 'Leave' prompt, which doesn't trigger the unique interaction that progresses the plot.
[close]

skairunner

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: April 14, 2021, 01:08:37 AM »

Nexerelin, I believe, adds the chance that when salvaging a derelict ship, you can find 'intel' to send to one of two factions, right? If so... well, minor storyline spoilers:
Spoiler
If so, ah, it seems that can break the 'storyline', because that event can trigger on the Hamatsu. Which then makes the ship completely uninteractable after the fact. All you have is the 'Leave' prompt, which doesn't trigger the unique interaction that progresses the plot.
[close]

No, that's Industrial Evolution.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3669 on: April 14, 2021, 01:10:04 AM »

Inquiry: 'spacer start' begins your character at level 1. But also gives you 3 skill points. Working as intended? Unmodified level 1 characters get 1 skill point.
Whoops, fixed, thanks!

Are there any plans to allow getting more agents via story points? Make with some progressively increasing cost so that getting too many of them would be almost impossible
Hmm, not sure I want to have even hypothetically unrestricted agent count. In next version (it's bugged in the current one) the two officer skills will each give +1 agents, which I think is enough.

On the other hand I could just treat them like how contacts work, and those are unlimited. I might change it if enough people ask for it.

Janus Box gone after i died is there a way to get a new 1?
Use Console commands mod with the command AddSpecial janus to get a new device.

If you integrated it into your fleet, died, respawned and lost the ability: that's probably not desirable, might want to report it to Alex.

I'm confused how to get spaceship insurance, it says through the intel screen but I don't see an option in the intel screen to do so.
See this post
If it's still not there, that's a problem, I'll have to look into it.

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: April 14, 2021, 01:22:12 AM »

Hmm, not sure I want to have even hypothetically unrestricted agent count. In next version (it's bugged in the current one) the two officer skills will each give +1 agents, which I think is enough.

On the other hand I could just treat them like how contacts work, and those are unlimited. I might change it if enough people ask for it.
Well right now it's unrestricted via config changes but I feel it would be much more natural, satisfying and rewarding if I could get more agents by "earning" them in game instead of just changing configs.

Colonel_Black

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: April 14, 2021, 01:36:02 AM »

Stupid question, but i can't find it in any guides and i don't believe i've seen it in-game.
Where do i get agents?

GlenSkunk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: April 14, 2021, 02:45:18 AM »

Stupid question, but i can't find it in any guides and i don't believe i've seen it in-game.
Where do i get agents?

If memory serves, you have a chance of running into them at planetside bars available for hire; at least that's how it worked back in .91a, not sure if that's the same for this current version. Given how many new bar events there are it may be less frequent.

Colonel_Black

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: April 14, 2021, 02:46:05 AM »

Where do i get agents?

If memory serves, you have a chance of running into them at planetside bars available for hire; at least that's how it worked back in .91a, not sure if that's the same for this current version. Given how many new bar events there are it may be less frequent.

Ah nice one thank you. I keep looking at bars to see any unique people

afarina1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: April 14, 2021, 05:04:31 AM »

Just used this for the first time since I finally took the time to figure out the game and can't stop playing now.

When i was playing Vanilla I explored the whole sector and then was like...."What now?"

I literally did a new game+ to start my first Nex playthru, figured i was probably ruining the game starting off with a head start, but oh well, it would still be fun.

The "headstart" only helped me plant the tiniest of roots.

Persian league and Hedge have allied and are trying to wipe out the Sin Tri Alliance I am a part of.

I helped take one of the Persian Leagues systems, supporting Tri Tac........., we took all 3 colonies.....

In vanilla I started to lack things to do near the end.

With Nex, I have only just begun and I can not wait to wipe the Hedge Per Alliance off the map!

Huzzah!

Thanks for this mod! <3  :) 8)

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 396