Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013904 times)

Scourge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10 "Space Hero Academia" (update 2021-04-11)
« Reply #3645 on: April 12, 2021, 10:03:57 PM »

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but has anyone else been getting fatal errors related to the random sector generation option? It only seems to happen when I enable custom factions. Is this a compatibility problem?
Are you using the latest version/The Mini update?

Here's a thrown-together-while-at-work update that should fix the reported crashes, although I can't guarantee there aren't others (at least it probably won't introduce new ones).
Download

If it works, official update soonish.

That_Dude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Nexerelin v0.10b "Space Hero Academia" (hotfix 2021-04-12)
« Reply #3646 on: April 12, 2021, 10:09:25 PM »

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but has anyone else been getting fatal errors related to the random sector generation option? It only seems to happen when I enable custom factions. Is this a compatibility problem?

Was getting them with an older version of Roider Union... updated and now running pretty much every mod.

What's the last error message in your 'starsector.log' file?

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: April 12, 2021, 11:00:19 PM »

Not sure if this is a new thing or not.
Playing with pirate start, I started with 60 rep and gained rep as normal with the core world pirates. Bounties seem to be part of this faction as well.
(Some?) Pirate bases, meanwhile, seemed to work as a separate faction, also called pirates, which started at 0 rep. Destroying/raiding a base would put me from 0 to -3, for example.
And on the intel screen, there are two entries for Pirates.
"Friend" pirates and "enemy" pirates

[close]
And this happened:

(Frankly, I kinda like it. This is how real pirates would act. But the identical names/colours are confusing.)

Mod list
  "beyondthesector",
  "chatter",
  "lw_console",
  "IndEvo",
  "interestingportraitspack",
  "kadur_remnant",
  "kingdomofterra",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "MagicLib",
  "Mayasuran Navy",
  "nexerelin",
  "tahlan_scalartech",
  "SEEKER",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "tahlan",
  "star_federation",
  "TORCHSHIPS",
  "vayrashippack",
  "XhanEmpire",
  "astroidships"
[close]

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3648 on: April 13, 2021, 12:50:06 AM »

I think that issue is from Beyond the Sector? Posted about it here.

Hi hi, long time lurker, never posted before. I'll cut to the chase. I installed Nex mid playthrough but agents aren't appearing at any bars on any markets. Any idea what triggers them to spawn? Or a console command I could use? All the other main features seem to be working fine.
I think they're just rare these days, since they have to compete with other bar events. You can use devmode (which allows more events in the bar at one time) to check if they're appearing. (There's also an AddAgent console command if you're really tired of waiting)

It might be the Star Federation mod issue here. If not, and you're using the latest version of the game, post the error message from the log.

pingtothepong

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: April 13, 2021, 01:19:27 AM »

I think that issue is from Beyond the Sector? Posted about it here.

Hi hi, long time lurker, never posted before. I'll cut to the chase. I installed Nex mid playthrough but agents aren't appearing at any bars on any markets. Any idea what triggers them to spawn? Or a console command I could use? All the other main features seem to be working fine.
I think they're just rare these days, since they have to compete with other bar events. You can use devmode (which allows more events in the bar at one time) to check if they're appearing. (There's also an AddAgent console command if you're really tired of waiting)

Thanks, this info was helpful. Any walkthrough on how to do this via devmode (like a specific command)? Is devmode different from the console mod? I don't feel any need to be impatient, but I just want to make sure that this element of the game works properly. I've played around 4 or so hours of my current save with Nexerelin enabled and haven't ran into any of the agents at the bars or comm menus.

MagicKarpson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: April 13, 2021, 02:13:03 AM »

Got a Nullpoint error when trying to do random core worlds with derelict empire and custom start.
115326 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity.readResolve(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.addCustomEntity(Unknown Source)
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinProcGen.createStation(ExerelinProcGen.java:1162)
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinProcGen.populateSector(ExerelinProcGen.java:1754)
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinProcGen.generate(ExerelinProcGen.java:1098)
   at exerelin.plugins.ExerelinModPlugin.onNewGameAfterProcGen(ExerelinModPlugin.java:388)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.O0oO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.k.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3651 on: April 13, 2021, 02:21:36 AM »

Thanks, this info was helpful. Any walkthrough on how to do this via devmode (like a specific command)? Is devmode different from the console mod? I don't feel any need to be impatient, but I just want to make sure that this element of the game works properly. I've played around 4 or so hours of my current save with Nexerelin enabled and haven't ran into any of the agents at the bars or comm menus.
Devmode enables some, well, debugging stuff (some notable changes: player can teleport on campaign map, near-unlimited zoom out on combat or campaign map, can exit any menu with Esc, industries build almost instantly.) You can toggle it in Console Commands using the devmode command.

The idea I had in mind was just: turn on devmode, dip into the bar to see if the agent event is there (look for the "Walk over to the shady person" option), leave, turn devmode back off to avoid problems.

Got a Nullpoint error when trying to do random core worlds with derelict empire and custom start.
Latest version of Star Federation mod (released a while ago) fixes the issue.

Zane0

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: April 13, 2021, 02:47:02 AM »

Inquiry: 'spacer start' begins your character at level 1. But also gives you 3 skill points. Working as intended? Unmodified level 1 characters get 1 skill point.

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: April 13, 2021, 03:45:43 AM »

so the mod is great and all, but @Histidine, what's the sauce of that anime pic?
Fie Claussell, from The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (JRPG series).
Great girl if you like the quiet types who're good with the stabby stuff.

why yes, I do like girls(who are good with the stabby stuff). looks like a turn based game, will probably give it a go. gotta wait for some mods to update after all

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: April 13, 2021, 03:49:35 AM »

I'm getting a null on world creation.  Everything was fine until I updated to 0.10b and added ScalarTech_0.6b.  Started a new run because I wanted to add the extra faction, as well as wanting to have a more populated sector.

log:
457502 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Stone Port is in asteroid belt, adding ore condition
457921 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinProcGen.createStation(ExerelinProcGen.java:1161)
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinProcGen.populateSector(ExerelinProcGen.java:1753)
   at exerelin.plugins.ExerelinModPlugin.onNewGameAfterProcGen(ExerelinModPlugin.java:380)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.k.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interface.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.oo0o.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.oooO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.O0oO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.processInput(Unknown Source)

mod list:
A New level of Confidence 40 1.1 fast; Adjustable Skill Thresholds 1.0.0; Another Portrait Pack 1.4.0; Arma Armatura 1.4.3b; Arsenal Expansion 1.5.4; Better Colonies 1.61 (pretty sure this always causes a crash so this is off.  idk what it conflicts with); Beyond the Sector 1.0.0; Caymon's Ship pack 1.0.6, Commissioned Crews 1.9999; Console Commands 2021.3.27; Control Domain Mothership 1.0; DIY Planets 1.0.13; Diable Avionics 2.61; Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliary v1.21; High Tech Expansion 1.4.0; Hyperdrive 2.1.0; Industrial Evolution 2.0.c; Internal Affairs 1.0 (one of these text based bar mods is not functioning properly.  I've also gotten an error about a memory leak, but have no idea what to do about it in terms of bug reporting); Kadur Remnant 3.2.3; Kingdom of Terra 0.13.1; LazyLib 2.6; Logistics Notifications 1.3.3; MagicLib 0.32rc2; Modified Industry Requirements 0.1; Nexerelin 0.10b; Old Hyperion 0.2.0; Persean Chronicles 2.0.1; Remnant Command Transfer 1.0.0; RoctesRats 0.7.1; ScalarTech Solutions 0.6b; Seeker - Unidentified Contact0.42; Ship Direction Marker 1.2.1; SpeedUp 0.7.1; Starship Legends 1.5.1; Supply Forging 1.41; Tahlan Shipworks 1.41; Terraforming and Station Construction 5.5.0; The Star Federation 0.7.3a; Torchships and Deadly Armaments 0.15rc2; Vayra's Ship Pack 1.2.3; astroid ship pack 1.2c release; zz GraphicsLib 1.5.1

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: April 13, 2021, 04:08:57 AM »

Did some more tinkering with everything; reinstalled Nexerilin and checked mod list: have a different error now.

log:
168344 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinProcGen  - Trying station Kuretes View for star_federation, image fed_scaria_station
168768 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.world.ExerelinProcGen.populateSector(ExerelinProcGen.java:1754)
   at exerelin.plugins.ExerelinModPlugin.onNewGameAfterProcGen(ExerelinModPlugin.java:388)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.k.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.oo0o.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.oooO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.O0oO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.processInput(Unknown Source)

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: April 13, 2021, 04:33:04 AM »

so the mod is great and all, but @Histidine, what's the sauce of that anime pic?
Fie Claussell, from The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (JRPG series).
Great girl if you like the quiet types who're good with the stabby stuff.

why yes, I do like girls(who are good with the stabby stuff). looks like a turn based game, will probably give it a go. gotta wait for some mods to update after all

They just released the third one on steam.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: April 13, 2021, 04:59:49 AM »

Histidine, thankyou for all you've done and the effort you've put in both for this game and others - you are responsible for improving the enjoyment of a great many people.  Nexerelin is great and I'm glad it's updated, and so soon was surprising and must have been a fair bit of work.  On top of that then you've been in this thread fixing technical problems people have been having, many of them not even directly a result of Nexerelin itself.

MagicKarpson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: April 13, 2021, 06:27:24 AM »

Where can I find the new insurance tab? I checked everywhere in the intel screen like the changelog says, but i can't seam to find it.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3659 on: April 13, 2021, 09:03:44 AM »

Did some more tinkering with everything; reinstalled Nexerilin and checked mod list: have a different error now.

log:
168344 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinProcGen  - Trying station Kuretes View for star_federation, image fed_scaria_station
168768 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
The very latest version of the Star Federation mod fixes this (0.8.0, but the initial release was bugged so redownload to be sure).

Where can I find the new insurance tab? I checked everywhere in the intel screen like the changelog says, but i can't seam to find it.
It should be automatically assigned to the Important tab, and there should also be an Insurance tab (most of the tabs are sorted alphabetically, so should be easy to find.

Make sure you haven't enabled legacy insurance in the config file, that hides the new insurance intel.

Histidine, thankyou for all you've done and the effort you've put in both for this game and others - you are responsible for improving the enjoyment of a great many people.  Nexerelin is great and I'm glad it's updated, and so soon was surprising and must have been a fair bit of work.  On top of that then you've been in this thread fixing technical problems people have been having, many of them not even directly a result of Nexerelin itself.
It's great that people are having fun! And that I had the time and desire for all the doing-stuff I've put in the mod (these past couple of weeks, but also before that) :D
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 396