Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013267 times)

plasmalaser1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.8b "Job Specialization" (hotfix 2021-02-11)
« Reply #3510 on: April 02, 2021, 06:50:00 PM »

Honestly don't think I can play Starsector without Nexerelin. We've waited years for the update, we can wait a little longer

TheDboys

• Ensign
  • Dr.Pavel, I'm CIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: April 03, 2021, 02:46:24 AM »

I love this mod but like others say No need to rush the Starsector community seems pretty patient to me, if they can wait years for an game update a few weeks or months should be a breeze in comparison

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: April 03, 2021, 10:09:13 AM »

I think th e problem is the campaign lacks obvious features that Nexerelin have... it feels like Nexerelin is a mandatory mod.

For example, in vanilla factions never change what markets they have in any way.

Vulpis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: April 04, 2021, 08:27:29 AM »

I love this mod but like others say No need to rush the Starsector community seems pretty patient to me, if they can wait years for an game update a few weeks or months should be a breeze in comparison
That's not the same thing though. Since Nerexelin adds so much to the game each new update to starsector feels like a downgrade until Nerexelin is updated at which point the game is once again whole.

Caypbaron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: April 04, 2021, 08:45:40 AM »

Jupp. While i´m new to the game, and enjoyed my time so far greatly, the strategic aspect of the game lacks stuff Nexerelin (and one or two other mods) seem to add; A more dynamic sector, and actually being able to wage proper war and conquest.

And now i´m in the position, that i´d love to play starsector, because i enjoy the game, yet i don´t want to exhaust my fondness for the game.

Sure, i could, and did, create a nice cluster of colonies. That´s fun. But right now it´s just bankrolling the acquisition of more supplies and fuel and making me less relient on expeditions to the far reaches. With Nexerelin those colonies could be the start of my own empire, finance actual conquest and serve strategic purposes.

Right now i could destabilize planets and kill a few fleets of enemy X; But without Nexerelin, and factions waging actual war, this will have no lasting effect, this will not actually have "repercussions" for the subject of my sabotage.

But i´m used for some games having "essential" mods, and thus also for the inevitable wait after a new version comes out. I´m glad and thankful for modders.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 08:48:51 AM by Caypbaron »

It_that_watches

• Ensign
  • Effigy of Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: April 04, 2021, 08:47:02 AM »

Honestly don't think I can play Starsector without Nexerelin. We've waited years for the update, we can wait a little longer
I can't agree with this sentiment more. On the plus side, it gives some of the other mods breathing room to update before the rush!

Sayak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: April 04, 2021, 10:06:14 AM »

Yup,

Starsector is not complete without Nexerelin

Colonel_Black

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: April 04, 2021, 11:36:19 AM »

Yup,

I've only just got Starsector. Played around 12 hours. Started looking at mods and then saw this and got mega excited.
Then realized it's not updated to this version yet. :(

But from seeing all the comments about people saying Starsector isn't the same without this mod, i'm quite excited to try it once it's updated

It_that_watches

• Ensign
  • Effigy of Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: April 04, 2021, 11:39:58 AM »

Yup,

I've only just got Starsector. Played around 12 hours. Started looking at mods and then saw this and got mega excited.

But from seeing all the comments about people saying Starsector isn't the same without this mod, i'm quite excited to try it once it's updated

You won't regret it! I thought I could tackle the sector without it, and I think I tackled it too hard! With Nexerelin, at least decivilized planets wont stay dead-
Be careful, or like me you might accidentally kill the sector!

Colonel_Black

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: April 04, 2021, 12:16:20 PM »

Yup,

You won't regret it! I thought I could tackle the sector without it, and I think I tackled it too hard! With Nexerelin, at least decivilized planets wont stay dead-

is it worth me downgrading my Starsector to play with this mod, or does the latest starsector add too much stuff that i wouldn't want to miss?

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: April 04, 2021, 12:22:26 PM »

Yup,

is it worth me downgrading my Starsector to play with this mod, or does the latest starsector add too much stuff that i wouldn't want to miss?

You can play with both. You don't need to downgrade.

http://fractalsoftworks.com/category/releases/

Personally I prefer a lot of the ways .91 did things but I'm a weirdo.

Colonel_Black

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: April 04, 2021, 12:24:12 PM »

Yup,

Oh yeah, thanks for that dude.

Looking at 95a release, it looks like i'd miss out on a lot of stuff  by trying the older version :( darn

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: April 04, 2021, 07:37:38 PM »

Yup,

Oh yeah, thanks for that dude.

Looking at 95a release, it looks like i'd miss out on a lot of stuff  by trying the older version :( darn

ye i miss the building in the hullmods from 0.95
 :( but 0.91 is still good with nex

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3523 on: April 04, 2021, 07:47:38 PM »

I feel like Starsector 0.95 has enough content that I'm happy playing it without Nex, at least a couple of times.

Anyway the updated Nex (basic compatibility + a few new features) is now in the playtesting stage, and I plan to release a closed beta in the near future. So a release could come (though I'm not promising anything) in two weeks, even if it's a bit rough-edged.
The really big update will be the one after that, though.

Xenohaze

• Ensign
  • https://www.twitch.tv/taurini
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #3524 on: April 04, 2021, 08:44:03 PM »

Wwooohooooo!
If you are bored I stream at https://www.twitch.tv/taurini drop by and harass me! Usually game ive been playing lately is Starsector, Dark souls, Valheim , diablo 3
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 396