Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013668 times)

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.7c "War and Peace Redux" (update 2020-10-10)
« Reply #3390 on: December 18, 2020, 11:11:15 PM »

so i swear i left it off, but a dead faction just respawned.  is there a way i can shut this off mid campaign? im invested and have restarted over and over in this game already.  thanks

edit: please, i dont want to have to reset for like the 15th time.  the initial start to this game is terrible and its taken me so long just to find a start setting that wasnt a total wreck.  i mean normal hegemony just takes over the galaxy, then if you do random, then you find out that independents dont defend themselves and just turn into a feeder state when you kill off hegemony which allowed them to bounce back from the certain death in a month and end up being twice as bad and they came back and knocked out tritachs capital world that had all my ships in it that i never got back.  then sifting through mods trying to find replacement factions for independents, and figuring out weights and starting settings then adding more factions to try and dilute the faction problems, and all kinds of other issues.

If i have one complaint about this game, about this mod about anything: its the starting settings and scenario are just terrible and this game is time consuming so by the point you figure all this stuff out you are a hundred hours in each time and realize that your entire campaign is either broken or not what you are after over and over and over again. this is just been an excruciating learning curve just trying to get a decent campaign going the likes of which i have no other games to compare it to.  ive wasted so much time because one faction likes to cheat or is gimped or i didnt know or a mod replacement faction is no good or you get rolled several times in a row by remnants or or or. sry if i sound frustrated, but i am frustrated.  ive had to start over at least 6-10 times already. id keep going, but not if i cant take out the other factions.  heck what is the objective if they are immortal?

all this aside, sry bout the rant, it is an amazing game, and amazing mod and great work, just....run into some snags on my end i guess.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 08:20:03 AM by Warlord-616x »

Drglord

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: December 19, 2020, 10:09:08 AM »

so i swear i left it off, but a dead faction just respawned.  is there a way i can shut this off mid campaign? im invested and have restarted over and over in this game already.  thanks

edit: please, i dont want to have to reset for like the 15th time.  the initial start to this game is terrible and its taken me so long just to find a start setting that wasnt a total wreck.  i mean normal hegemony just takes over the galaxy, then if you do random, then you find out that independents dont defend themselves and just turn into a feeder state when you kill off hegemony which allowed them to bounce back from the certain death in a month and end up being twice as bad and they came back and knocked out tritachs capital world that had all my ships in it that i never got back.  then sifting through mods trying to find replacement factions for independents, and figuring out weights and starting settings then adding more factions to try and dilute the faction problems, and all kinds of other issues.

If i have one complaint about this game, about this mod about anything: its the starting settings and scenario are just terrible and this game is time consuming so by the point you figure all this stuff out you are a hundred hours in each time and realize that your entire campaign is either broken or not what you are after over and over and over again. this is just been an excruciating learning curve just trying to get a decent campaign going the likes of which i have no other games to compare it to.  ive wasted so much time because one faction likes to cheat or is gimped or i didnt know or a mod replacement faction is no good or you get rolled several times in a row by remnants or or or. sry if i sound frustrated, but i am frustrated.  ive had to start over at least 6-10 times already. id keep going, but not if i cant take out the other factions.  heck what is the objective if they are immortal?

all this aside, sry bout the rant, it is an amazing game, and amazing mod and great work, just....run into some snags on my end i guess.

Hope you find a way but i am really wondering do other people have same problems? I am like years and years on and i have never seen a faction dominate or something like that... I am the only one doing the dominating most of the times and colonies don't seem to change hands that much if i am not involved. Kinda weird for me.

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: December 19, 2020, 12:27:53 PM »

really? i saw hegemony take over everything my first 3-4 games in a row (altho i was noobing out and figuring things out so they had a long time to do so at first).  then i started doing random location starts but started as tritach who was allied with independent and i had knocked hegemony down to a single world, but they pretty much swooped in, took almost all the independent worlds, took some of theirs back, took tritachs main capital (which had all my ships in it), had taken out pearsons capital world and i think had wiped out the diktat within just a couple of months.

so thats when i started doing random relationships, added the roiders mod incase independent got wiped out, and started looking for additional mod factions to try and dilute out the universe, didnt like a couple of them so started over with a couple new ones and then this run which was going great until ya one of the factions respawned on me thus killing my motivation and objectives in their tracks lol

heck this last campaign i had 6 pirate invasions that were back to back and kept coming even after i killed the first pirate station that started within the first month of me putting down my second colony which was even in the same system as the first one.  last game i had gotten at least 2 remnants invasions on my first colony when it first started out.  these are some mean streets bruh lol.  i have been doing a crazy amount of smuggling and nefarious stuff so at times my reputations have been not the best so maybe this is contributing to the aggression, but ya its been a little wild and ive not even brought up the occasional incursions by other factions etc.  i dont mind it too bad except for some of the worst examples or i get cut off tho.  its been a battle.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 01:03:37 PM by Warlord-616x »

Drglord

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: December 19, 2020, 02:34:27 PM »

It seems that you start building colonies without having the money and firepower to back them. People could correct me but you should only build colonies when you already have a full fleet that you can use to defend and have the money to build the patrol stations (and upgrade them) in order for the colonies to defend themselves. At the start colonies will just suck money and not give anything back. Of course conquering 6+ pop planets or stations is better since with good governor they can push out 200K+ income per month but it means you have the full fleet plus thousands marines to take it.

For me i just do bounties in the start until i build a full fleet to do bigger bounties and then when i have 1.000.000+ i will probably invest in taking some big stations or build colonies.

My 5 cents on the matter.

Anyway i hope you enjoy this diamond by alex (and the modders who turned it into something more) which has given me 1.000+ hours of gameplay.
have fun

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: December 19, 2020, 05:31:40 PM »

i have been colonizing earlier and earlier, but in the last couple attempts at play i have kinda turned more and more toward the dark side and had found a loop of drugs and harvested organs that were putting out in really high numbers and by the time i get rid of the first bunch they are resupplied at the vendor and i have a secondary set of buying world to bounce between that are still profitable as well and been sneaking into hostile stations to chase down some of the better prices and selling them excess supplies and fuel. 

my current fleet is a bit small, but ive been arming up with a pair of paragons which i leave stashed and have a run around fleet of a few ventures for some tank, and then auroras, hammerheads, sunders, lashers for dps and few others (plus support ships obviously) and mixing in a few runs of the above with occasional bounties and taking out luddic and pirate bases where i try and do some exploring at the same time.  this even really early game has allowed me to upgrade all my colonies at pretty much the fastest rate i can while making small additions to the fleet along the way like my recent astral and a couple of pirate atlas in reserve.

i guess i do have a charter or whatever its called with tri tach, so i suppose that could be blamed for some of the crazy wars and activity ive found myself in the midst of, but the commission at the beginning and access to ships has just been so helpful tho. that and they dont find drugs and organs illegal anyways lol.  I guess in hindsight i did kinda invade a couple of pirate and luddic worlds and give them to tri tach a while ago now too, so after reading my own stuff here now maybe ive somewhere along the way brought this upon myself, but aside from the pirates and path and folks like that i have kept an eye on the rep meter and tried to keep my numbers relatively down or even positive in most cases and not messed with one faction or another too bad.  some things you can tell direct cause and effect, but i guess maybe in some others i guess maybe it might just not be as apparent and karma is just catching up with me sometimes just years and years later.  ive been pretty ruthless lol.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 06:13:48 PM by Warlord-616x »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3395 on: December 19, 2020, 05:49:09 PM »

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're doing wrong and the text is not coherent enough for me to attempt to extract specific issues from it. (Indies as a "feeder state"? Nobody invades them in the first place unless you made them hostile to a faction for some reason, and then only for colonies indies didn't originally own.)

But to answer the original question: ReloadNexConfig command in console allows turning off the faction respawn setting if you enabled it in the new game dialog. This only controls the "resurgence" fleets and rebellion attempts that dead factions trigger, they can still respawn if someone or something else just straight up gives them a colony or two. (Though I don't know of any mod that does this)

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: December 19, 2020, 07:05:06 PM »

how it was explained to me by a buddy (so you might know better here) was that independents dont take offensive action against others, so if they are allied with another faction and suddenly find themselves roped into war they can go down pretty quick and wont bounce back. 

and apologies got stuck on more of the side issue and tangents but ya the console command sounds exactly like what i was hoping for.  will try that out thanks much. 

edit: and think that did the trick. thanks again.

oh and think i had starfarer and a couple of other modes were actually active too.  infact for that page of menu's you need to have them all switched to show the words 'disabled' to have them actually be enabled and read the text bar to see what its actually set to (its backwards), but all the other menu pages are the other way around and normal (it says enabled if you want it enabled).  i was wondering what the hell was going on lol.  ive spent weeks wondering why i found myself at war the likes of which nobody had ever heard of in this game, why factions were respawning and whatever the hell else was going on.  you really might want to look into this ahaha.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 11:32:38 PM by Warlord-616x »

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: December 30, 2020, 08:01:28 AM »

so umm...using this mod and colonizing a planet in a system already controlled by a faction made them ***, and now they want to kill me. the fleets are fefeated with ease, having a tier 2 high tech station and me(plus a defensive fleet). thing is, their fleets who are friendly/neutral are moving around my planet and orbiting it... so my fleets don't attack them. if i do manually, they go to instant war with me. and if their bombing fleet arrives at my planet, then...well, they all support said fleet. and that is too much for me. so, would you mind changing that please?

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: December 30, 2020, 09:49:30 AM »

using this mod and colonizing a planet in a system already controlled by a faction made them ***, and now they want to kill me
That isn't this mod doing that. That is a vanilla rule of SS. However, Pirates, Independents & Roiders do not care because they don't claim the whole system.

Shadowkiller

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: January 01, 2021, 03:19:00 PM »

Is there a way to decrease invasion frequency? I dont want to turn it off but I made the mistake of adding quite a few factions and now i cant even fly back to the core worlds because of how many invasions/raids/bombings i have. I invested in starbases rather then military bases but they dont win against the fleets unless im there with one or two ships to help. Sorry if this has been answered before, i did a few google searches but nothing came up.

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: January 02, 2021, 03:53:18 AM »

Is there a way to decrease invasion frequency?
Open exerelin_config.json and take a look at the settings under the
Code
# Invasion stuff
line.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: January 03, 2021, 02:23:33 PM »

Is there a guide on what player actions effectively impact a faction's success and ability to control the Sector in Nexerelin?

For example, does doing personal bounties or survey missions for a faction help them in any way?
Does completing merchant missions where a faction requests many supplies at a certain planet help their war effort at all?
Does reducing ship losses for a faction by helping them in a battle with your own ships impact their resources (i.e less ships to replace for them)?

Sorry if all this has been answered somewhere but I haven't been able to find it, only the Mining and Alliances guides. I recently came back to Starsector and didn't use either Exerelin or Nexerelin back when I first tried it years ago, and this mod seems to add so much to faction dynamics but I'm not clear on what has gameplay effects other than boosting your own rep and money. I'd love to support a faction of my choice in "winning the war" with something other than invading planets but I don't know if that works.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: January 03, 2021, 03:19:00 PM »

Is there a guide on what player actions effectively impact a faction's success and ability to control the Sector in Nexerelin?

For example, does doing personal bounties or survey missions for a faction help them in any way?
Does completing merchant missions where a faction requests many supplies at a certain planet help their war effort at all?
Does reducing ship losses for a faction by helping them in a battle with your own ships impact their resources (i.e less ships to replace for them)?

Sorry if all this has been answered somewhere but I haven't been able to find it, only the Mining and Alliances guides. I recently came back to Starsector and didn't use either Exerelin or Nexerelin back when I first tried it years ago, and this mod seems to add so much to faction dynamics but I'm not clear on what has gameplay effects other than boosting your own rep and money. I'd love to support a faction of my choice in "winning the war" with something other than invading planets but I don't know if that works.
I know you can conquer planets on behalf of a faction.  Either by being commissioned by them, in which case it will happen automatically, or by transferring the market after you conquer it.

Ekibana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: January 03, 2021, 11:06:41 PM »

Hey, guys.
The last time I played Starsector was over a year ago, and I have a question:
I can't find "compatible with Nex" in mods topics anymore, are they all defaulted to be compatible by now or I'm missing something?

What would be the top-5 faction mods you'd recommend for a new campaign? The most important requirement is: not overpowered and somewhat vanilla-like in terms of look (no anime girls, please  ;D)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 11:10:26 PM by Ekibana »

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: January 03, 2021, 11:55:58 PM »

Hey, guys.
The last time I played Starsector was over a year ago, and I have a question:
I can't find "compatible with Nex" in mods topics anymore, are they all defaulted to be compatible by now or I'm missing something?

What would be the top-5 faction mods you'd recommend for a new campaign? The most important requirement is: not overpowered and somewhat vanilla-like in terms of look (no anime girls, please  ;D)
If you want something vanilla-like then try Roider Union, Mayasuran Navy(that one retcons cannon for Mairath) Tiandong Heavy Industries, HMI+Brighton and Vayra's Sector. Though the last one adds in factions that are supposed to be somewhat a parody ones. Spess commies and spess murricans. Research Mandate and Rimwards are quite serious ones though: radiacal group of TT that researches AI closely and East-India Company in space.
Tahlan Shipworks adds nice subfaction of independents with new remote planet.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 12:09:15 AM by Farya »
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 396