Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013906 times)

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.7c "War and Peace Redux" (update 2020-10-10)
« Reply #3360 on: November 11, 2020, 08:33:06 AM »

Also, I'm getting a repeatable crash and I am not sure why. This is the exception from starsector.log (and a few lines above it for context) but it doesn't appear to be pointing a finger at any particular mod:

315321 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderNonEventFleetManager  - Cleaning up orphaned fleet [Stormhawk mercenary scout] of
  • ships

315321 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderNonEventFleetManager  - Cleaning up orphaned fleet [Stormhawk mercenary scout] of
  • ships

315321 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderNonEventFleetManager  - 0 out of a maximum 9 nonevent fleets in play for [warhawk_republic]
315323 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderNonEventFleetManager  - Spawning fleet via SpawnFleet, spawnMarket: [New Conclave], target: [Airin L5 Backwater], combat points: [16]
315323 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderNonEventFleetManager  - Spawned fleet via SpawnFleet, Actual Fleet Points: [33], Fleet Size: [7]
315326 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.campaign.bases.VayraRaiderNonEventFleetManager  - Spawned nonevent raider fleet [Stormhawk mercenary scout] at hyperloc Vector2f[6847.0, -10805.0]
315354 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent  - Removed officer from market_system_395:planet_0, 40 total available
315357 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesIntel  - Picking task for Alisa's Fleet
315668 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.getSizeWithModules(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetView.createItemView(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetView.createItemView(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.util.CollectionView.sync(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetView.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It definitely triggers when moving to a specific area in the system, and I can avoid it by NOT going to that area.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3361 on: November 13, 2020, 05:26:10 PM »

Don't know what causes that error, unfortunately (see here for the sole previous report I could find). I suspect a mod has a mis-defined ship, but the error doesn't say which one (if any).

If you post a new thread in the modded bug reports subforum and draw it to Alex's attention, it might be possible to get a fix for the next Starsector version, or at least more information?
In the meantime, the nuclear option is to use the ClearCommands mod to purge fleets from the sector and hope that catches the fleet causing the issue.

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: November 16, 2020, 11:33:54 AM »

Thanks! I'll try the clear fleets command and see if that fixes it. I suspect it will, since the error text seems to imply the crash is occurring as a result of an NPC vs NPC fleet battle somewhere in the sector.

brekmehrkus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: November 20, 2020, 03:20:51 AM »

What does autonomy exactly do? Do the autonomous colonies with bases still provide fleet points? Can they send fleets themselves like all other factions do?

jgeezz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: November 21, 2020, 03:39:00 PM »

Is Nexerelin Broken? I did a clean install and still not able to get the mod to work is just crash.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3365 on: November 21, 2020, 05:36:51 PM »

What does autonomy exactly do? Do the autonomous colonies with bases still provide fleet points? Can they send fleets themselves like all other factions do?
Mostly they do what it says when you click the autonomy option (reproduced below for convenience):
An autonomous market will only generate 20% of its usual profit or loss, and will not count towards the player's colony or admin limits. Heavy industry here will not contribute to the player's personal production capacity, although the faction will still benefit from its ship quality bonuses. Tech-mining will not produce items.
Revoking autonomy later will cause 2 points of recent unrest.

For fleet requests by the player, autonomous colonies provide full FP capacity but only 25% of the point accumulation.
Autonomous colonies spawn patrol fleets as usual, but player faction does not normally generate its own invasions/raids or other event fleets, autonomous colony or not. Unless the relevant config settings are changed, in which case IIRC there are no differences involving autonomy.

Is Nexerelin Broken? I did a clean install and still not able to get the mod to work is just crash.
Did you install and enable LazyLib?
Post the error at the end of the file Starsector/starsector-core/starsector.log immediately after getting the crash (if file extensions are hidden, the file will just be named "starsector").

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: November 23, 2020, 09:22:04 AM »

I like the trait system diplomacy has here but how about more traits for factions to use?
Something like:
Spiteful - will never get angry when faction they are currently at war with is sat.bombed.
Interstellar Red Cross - may send relief fleet to any non-hostile faction(not only allies), very likely to assist markets that were successfully saturation bombed.
Peacekeeper - will never perform saturation bombardment, will instead capture offending markets or land marines to completely destroy military structures(will outright remove Ground Defenses, defeated orbital station and military bases), twice as likely to target pirate and pather bases.
And maybe there should be some trait for factions that are mentioned to possess Planet Killer weaponry(Hegememe, Diktat, TT, Imperium etc). This could make other factions to be more vary of attempting to sat bomb them in fear of retaliation (unless they have the same trait themselves)

N1MH

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: November 27, 2020, 12:01:14 AM »

@Histidine
Is there a way to cancel a glitched saturation bombardment event? Despite having a working battlestation and having killed every fleet in sight my colony still gets bombed the moment I leave the system.

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: November 27, 2020, 01:46:28 AM »

so is there a way to turn off remnant invasions? i have a pretty dang new colony and getting attacked by 6 of the biggest fleets ive ever seen right off the bat of the game when they have only ever attacked one other faction the whole game is pretty broken.   i mean ive done 9 battles in a row trying to save my station now and i can get them all the way to the end...but every single time no matter how well i do the last battleship of the match sprints across the entire field in one move to do a hail mary at longest range of the biggest missile barrage ive ever seen and no matter what my armor or shield he one shots me. in a paragon. other tank went down just fine, but no no after half an hour of straight battling over and over again ive had to take it up the backside by a cheating remnant battleship thats already killed my station and half my fleet too.  9 times in a row the exact same conclusion.

how do i turn this off? because this is straight cheese in a can and it took me forever to get my system going and fought all kinds of battles already just to be brushed aside by a super fleet thats come out of nowhere to attack me when ive barely touched them all game so far.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 01:56:43 AM by Warlord-616x »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3369 on: November 27, 2020, 07:16:26 AM »

@Histidine
Is there a way to cancel a glitched saturation bombardment event? Despite having a working battlestation and having killed every fleet in sight my colony still gets bombed the moment I leave the system.
If you actually killed every fleet in the system (or even 70% of them) the event should end on its own. If you haven't already, try disabling sensors in devmode (Ctrl+Z) and see if any fleets are hidden somewhere.

There isn't a direct command to directly terminate most events, sorry!

so is there a way to turn off remnant invasions? i have a pretty dang new colony and getting attacked by 6 of the biggest fleets ive ever seen right off the bat of the game when they have only ever attacked one other faction the whole game is pretty broken.   i mean ive done 9 battles in a row trying to save my station now and i can get them all the way to the end...but every single time no matter how well i do the last battleship of the match sprints across the entire field in one move to do a hail mary at longest range of the biggest missile barrage ive ever seen and no matter what my armor or shield he one shots me. in a paragon. other tank went down just fine, but no no after half an hour of straight battling over and over again ive had to take it up the backside by a cheating remnant battleship thats already killed my station and half my fleet too.  9 times in a row the exact same conclusion.

how do i turn this off? because this is straight cheese in a can and it took me forever to get my system going and fought all kinds of battles already just to be brushed aside by a super fleet thats come out of nowhere to attack me when ive barely touched them all game so far.
Well, if it's actually a new colony I'm highly sure it won't attract six invasion fleets at once. And a ship that "sprints across the entire field in one move" and oneshots a Paragon sounds like a broken mod ship.

Anyway there's a setting "enableInvasions" in Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json that you can use to turn invasions off completely, but this won't stop already ongoing events. For those, use the kill command in the Console Commands mod and click on the invasion fleets to make them go away.

dark lio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: November 28, 2020, 05:46:43 AM »

I apologize if this has been asked/covered before, but 225 pages is a lot to read through and my searches did not pull up a conclusive answer.

is it possible to have more than 48 populated systems and 80 planets / stations when creating a new game. I play with the Adjusted sector mod and about twenty factions and I find the space not populated enough for my taste.

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: November 28, 2020, 03:36:36 PM »

been doing some trading recently and noticing that by the time i get to my destination half a dozen products are not only not profitable but in the negatives.  is this due to an increasing galaxy size and too many background npc traders?   whats the best way to predict market values in such a state of flux?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3372 on: November 28, 2020, 06:13:31 PM »

is it possible to have more than 48 populated systems and 80 planets / stations when creating a new game. I play with the Adjusted sector mod and about twenty factions and I find the space not populated enough for my taste.
Unfortunately the sliders are hardcoded at present. Next version I'll add config options for those, and maybe make the default max higher.

been doing some trading recently and noticing that by the time i get to my destination half a dozen products are not only not profitable but in the negatives.  is this due to an increasing galaxy size and too many background npc traders?   whats the best way to predict market values in such a state of flux?
There isn't a real way to determine how long a shortage will last :(

A common cause of shortages/surpluses is the spaceport getting disrupted, in which case if you know the event that caused it (invasion, agent sabotage, etc.) you can at least guess it will take effect for so many months (for agent sabotage it tells you the exact disruption time). But I don't know of any way to determine how long a shortage from trade disruption (due to trade fleets being killed) will last.

Although high-level pirate activity can also cause shortages and surpluses due to reduced accessibility, and that's semi-permanent.

Twilight Sentinel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: December 01, 2020, 11:38:23 AM »

Are pirates suppose to go after fresh colonies that have nothing on them?  I just setup a colony and pirate activity triggered on it before the spaceport was even finished.  It did turn out that the pirate base was right next door, so them raiding the supply convoys can make a little sense due to convenience.  However they're now launching a raid against the colony and the tech-mining still hasn't been finished yet.  What are they trying to steal?  There's nothing on the planet yet!

brekmehrkus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: December 01, 2020, 11:50:39 AM »

Mostly they do what it says when you click the autonomy option (reproduced below for convenience):
An autonomous market will only generate 20% of its usual profit or loss, and will not count towards the player's colony or admin limits. Heavy industry here will not contribute to the player's personal production capacity, although the faction will still benefit from its ship quality bonuses. Tech-mining will not produce items.
Revoking autonomy later will cause 2 points of recent unrest.

For fleet requests by the player, autonomous colonies provide full FP capacity but only 25% of the point accumulation.
Autonomous colonies spawn patrol fleets as usual, but player faction does not normally generate its own invasions/raids or other event fleets, autonomous colony or not. Unless the relevant config settings are changed, in which case IIRC there are no differences involving autonomy.

Can that be changed? I always viewed Player character as this kind of warlord who established a new nation, very influential due to having a fief of a few planets and whose words and advices are heeded but not the part of its bureaucracy like that Sindrian dictator, sitting on a throne and micromanaging everything. PC is basically like Garibaldi (the guy who was a face of reunification of Italy), who once deemed his part in revolution over went back to his farm while Player once no threats are facing his colonies goes back to exploration and trade.
The events which affect diplomatic relationships already kind of subscribe to it, with PC faction's government doing things outside of player's purview.

Ideally autonomies would split some fleet point into a separate pool and allow them to do everything other factions already do - wage war, send disruption fleets, colonize. And if the hundred autonomous colonies accidentally conquer Chicomoztoc severely cutting into export earnings, well, thats your own fault for granting them autonomy. Maybe giving some options to limit their autonomy would prevent that, but imho that wouldnt be a real autonomy.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 396