Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013686 times)

fastdino

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.7b "War and Peace Redux" (update 2020-09-27)
« Reply #3285 on: October 01, 2020, 12:15:22 PM »

No, I'm not using extra systems reloaded.  Here is my active mod list:
Combat Chatter 1.10
Dassault Mikoyan 1.18
Diable Avionics 2.53rc1
Interstellar Imperiums 2.2.1
Kadur Remnant 3.1.2
Lazy Lib 2.4f
Magiclib 0.29
Mayasuran Navy 8.3.0 Rc2
Neutrino Corp 1.86 RC3
Nexerelin 0.9.7b
Outer rim alliance 0.89
Pearson Extronics 0.5.4
Portrait Pack v1.2.4
Shadowyards 0.9-rc3
Shipweapon pack 1.11.0
SkilledUp1.1
Starship Legends 1.4.2
Tahlan Shipworks 0.3. 17
Underworld 1.4.4
Vayra's Sector 3.1.5
Vayra's Ship Pack 1.1.4
ZZ Graphics Lib 1.4.2

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3286 on: October 02, 2020, 03:55:18 AM »

Question on adding factions.

I'd like to add as many of the faction mods as humanely possible...

Will this screw up nexellerin at all?
Nexerelin itself should work fine, although there may be some economy/strategic balance issues, it can get confusing tracking all the factions and their relations, etc.

That said, the more mods you run the longer things like saving and loading the game are going to take, and if you use too much for your system it risks a crash from running out of RAM/VRAM, that sorta thing.

No, I'm not using extra systems reloaded.  Here is my active mod list:
[...]
Hmm. The error message is the same as the one here, but I haven't heard of it crashing with non-player-faction fleets outside of Extra Systems.
Well, you could try the fix for it anyway: delete all autofit variants you've created for ships with modules, or set them to not be prioritised in the faction doctrine screen.

immortalartisan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: October 02, 2020, 03:25:37 PM »

you really need to improve the colony building ai. its really the only major problem with the mod as they quickly start flooding the food and ore markets and then dont build any of the industries and miltary to use the materials
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 09:24:03 PM by immortalartisan »

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: October 03, 2020, 04:13:37 AM »

The Hegemony and Tri-Tachion (the BFF team no one expected, I'm sure) ended up warring against the League and Diktat in a big way in my game, and the Hegemony captured Cruor from the Diktat. I bought up like half of Nortia's black market and dumped off what supplies, fuel, and heavy armaments I could on Cruor's black market to aid the rebellion there. That got me a diplo penalty with the Diktat for "trading with their enemies", when I bought stuff from the Independents (well, Pirates, really) to supply their rebels.

Not sure if that can be fixed, but I wanted to point it out in case it can.

EDIT: Okay, was not expecting the -30 Hegemony rep after they finally gave in because I supplied the rebellion a bunch, or the +20 Diktat rep for the same reason. Many a pirate raiding Aztlan met the business end of my fleet so I could get back into positive rep with the Hegemony after that ;D.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 07:48:19 AM by AcaMetis »

fellabrando

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: October 03, 2020, 06:51:24 AM »

Hey so I've been testing having a *** ton of mods playing at the same time.

A problem that's come out is all survey missions.... disapppear LONG before I have a chance to complete them.

Some appear then disappear immediately.

I removed most of the mods... and then put nexellerin and a ton of the new mod factions I wanted and the problem still persists...

Is there a bug where if there are too many factions in the game world... the game makes it so the contracts get taken up way too sooner?

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I WASN'T ACCEPTING THE MISSIONS
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 07:04:44 AM by fellabrando »

epsilonflash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: October 03, 2020, 07:00:55 AM »

I beg you to reconsider the reputation loss when attacking vulture fleets. There are currently few things as infuriating as fighting a big fleet and getting locked out of the spoils of our own battles, unless we're okay with ruining our standing with the independents, which is a huge bother considering it's tied to things such as the prism port discount and the kassadar seller.

This is especially bothersome considering the independents are not even a cohesive group, just a collective designation for people who don't belong to factions. And it's really hard to accept that you try to face people who are attempting to take what's rightfully yours and every factionless person out there collectively goes "Oh wow, you're getting no-no points for that one. Should have just let them steal your stuff instead". It's bad enough that it broke me and I finally made an account just to post this.

fellabrando

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: October 03, 2020, 07:08:18 AM »

I beg you to reconsider the reputation loss when attacking vulture fleets. There are currently few things as infuriating as fighting a big fleet and getting locked out of the spoils of our own battles, unless we're okay with ruining our standing with the independents, which is a huge bother considering it's tied to things such as the prism port discount and the kassadar seller.

This is especially bothersome considering the independents are not even a cohesive group, just a collective designation for people who don't belong to factions. And it's really hard to accept that you try to face people who are attempting to take what's rightfully yours and every factionless person out there collectively goes "Oh wow, you're getting no-no points for that one. Should have just let them steal your stuff instead". It's bad enough that it broke me and I finally made an account just to post this.

That seems like a problem.

I also have ED shipyard installed and the are dependent on Independent faction relations too...

EDIT: Okay, now I have a problem with Remnant High alert systems not spawning at all.... There in hyperspace because of the ruthless mod but no remnant stations... I used devmod tools to look around... :(
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 08:58:28 AM by fellabrando »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3292 on: October 04, 2020, 01:46:32 AM »

you really need to improve the colony building ai. its really the only major problem with the mod as they quickly start flooding the food and ore markets and then dont build any of the industries and miltary to use the materials
They start with farming and mining on new colonies because those are cheap and good, but larger colonies do frequently build larger industries in my experience.

Hmm, for your own battles you should be able to grab most or all of the stuff before vultures arrive (and I'm increasing their spawning distance from player fleet to make this more reliable), especially since player doesn't have any cooldown on picking up derelict ships. Are they showing up much faster for you?

Though for scenarios outside of vultures trying to grab stuff from player battles (which I'll try to make not happen, unless the player is slow with the scavenging) I don't think changing the rep penalty is desirable (other than that insta-hostile bug I haven't been able to identify). You are blowing up independent fleets over some scrap, and -5 rep once in a while should be pretty manageable, particularly with the rep-gaining tools Nex adds; it's the same penalty as from a failed expedition.

EDIT: Okay, now I have a problem with Remnant High alert systems not spawning at all.... There in hyperspace because of the ruthless mod but no remnant stations... I used devmod tools to look around... :(
I've heard of a bug where someone's Remnant stations in an existing game all vanished after updating to Nexerelin 0.9.7, but have no idea what could cause it (Nex certainly doesn't try to do anything like that). Sorry...

epsilonflash

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: October 04, 2020, 04:22:53 AM »

Are they showing up much faster for you?

They're showing pretty fast. Sometimes after battles there will be stragglers from enemy fleets which will prevent us from salvaging with the usual "an enemy fleet is tracking you" scenario, even if it's nothing but a dram and a frigate or two. This can mean that sometimes, we can't scavenge a single time before the vultures lock you out of your loot. And since you usually have to scavenge 3-5 times before the debris stops yielding anything worthwhile, it's a pretty raw deal.

From a balancing perspective, is there really a need for the reputation loss? From what I could grasp, the vultures were introduced as a way to prevent very early game players from just following invasion fleets around and salvaging all the capital ships they could want, an addition which in my opinion is pretty good and welcome. If this is the case, they're already doing their job pretty well. But the truth is on the vast majority of starts, reputation with the independents is generally not a concern when at that point. Rather, it's something that only becomes valuable as you grow well beyond the size at which vultures would be a deterrent, so doesn't this reputation loss mainly penalize players which are already far past the starting point which vultures are meant to affect?

The main issue is definitely the reputation loss from debris which originated from player actions. Those are actually rightfully ours, and they're no better than pirates at that point. At the same time, it would still be a bit annoying to lose reputation in other situations, because it's not as straightforward as "we're blowing them up for scraps". Rather, they're choosing to fight others to the death (their death or ours) instead of allowing equal access to scraps which aren't theirs in the first place.

Like, if we attack an independent trading fleet, sure, we're basically pirates and are indeed blowing them up for scraps. But regular scavengers are happy to do their business and share the spoils with others, unlike the vultures which are going around strong-arming others and laying claim to things which aren't theirs to begin with. They hold no special rights over random debris fields any more than anyone else, so why would playing their own game be frowned upon by the independent community at large? Surely they don't think this heavily armed group who do nothing but go around intimidating people is a shining pillar of their community and any actions against them should be reprimanded?

The size of the reputation loss itself is very much manageable, for sure. In fact, a level 5 agent ordered to raise relations once would probably be enough to make up for blowing up four whole vulture fleets. It's not about the size though, it's the added annoyance. It feels like getting cheated out of your hard-earned perfect reputation over and over, and having to bother fixing it, with no added upside to compensate for that. Or rather, either getting cheated out of your reputation or cheated out of the spoils which you came across. It might be only my personal opinion, but losing reputation in that situation feels like it adds nothing to the game and actually makes it less enjoyable.

I didn't expect the post to get so big, so sorry for that. Ultimately, I am very much not trying to tell you how to make your own mod, that decision is obviously yours alone, I'm just posting this to try and defend this point of view. And of course, I also don't know how many people there are on the opposite side of the argument, who actually appreciate the vulture fleets as they are, and would dislike any changes to them. As it stands, however, if the reputation loss remains in the future, and if there is a setting to disable vulture fleets, they'll likely be turned off permanently on all my future playthroughs; personally, I can't help but feel like they're an added chore with no clear upside, in their current state.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 09:32:10 AM by epsilonflash »

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: October 04, 2020, 01:44:16 PM »

They start with farming and mining on new colonies because those are cheap and good, but larger colonies do frequently build larger industries in my experience.

I think the root of the problem and why colony AI seems like it's doing nothing is that new colonies, or AI colonies in general are either very slow or don't grow at all in market size, their new colonies are made and will stay at level 3-4 forever.

Not implying that this on itself is a problem, just mentioning that this might be the root cause as to why people perceive that the colony AI might be bad.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 01:46:15 PM by DarkOmegaMK2 »

anhkhoa3302

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: October 05, 2020, 04:58:11 AM »

is this normal ?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3296 on: October 05, 2020, 08:41:17 AM »

@epsilonflash: Thanks for writing up that feedback! I'll keep that in mind.

Hmm, under the view that vultures are acting like bullies, and after a recent close call with uninhabited system scavengers (the ones that randomly go pirate and attack the player) I'm sort of tempted to switch their faction to pirates for the duration of the encounter dialog. Maybe that's a little too silly though.

is this normal ?
It can spawn that many fleets if it thinks it needs them to get past the system defenses, yeah. Although that would generally require a really crowded star system.

(Hmm, unlike the periodically generated invasion/raid/sat bomb fleets, revenge invasions/sat bombs don't apply a longer cooldown for being oversized. Maybe I ought to do something about that.)

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: October 05, 2020, 08:50:54 AM »

Here I was thinking that fighting and dealing with the Stormhawk Republic vermin reached its peak the moment I had to search for their camp for 3 months inside a big system, when they decide to actually spawn said camp INSIDE A BLUE GIANT

Spoiler
[close]

Normal people usually take a shower when they feel dirty for what they've done, I guess carrier spam does indeed call for taking a radioactive bath into the surface of the hottest type of star known in the universe at 20.000 Kelvin  ::)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 04:16:45 PM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: October 05, 2020, 08:52:42 AM »

Here I was thinking that fighting and dealing with the Stormhawk Republic vermin reached its peak the moment I had to search for their camp for 3 months inside a big system, when they decide to actually spawn said camp INSIDE A BLUE GIANT

Spoiler
[close]

Normal people usually take a shower when they feel dirty for what they've done, I guess carrier spam does indeed call for taking a radioactive bath into the surface of the hottest type of star known in the universe at 20.000 Kelvin  ::)

Edit: I have a rather high maximim limit for both colonies and stations in the same system (I think it's either 7 or 9, can't remember), could that be the case of this fun and engaging feature?

Edit 2: I actually meant to edit the first post to add the above comment but replied instead.

I'm not salty about the Stormhawk Republic wasting 90 minutes of my life with 5 battles consisting of 40% Sabot Astrals to defend my systems or anything, b-baka!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 12:01:39 PM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: October 05, 2020, 02:29:00 PM »

CTD with a Fatal: Null error when I attempt to check on the status of an ongoing rebellion in the Intel screen after a small suppression fleet is wiped out. Here's the error from the log:
4051468 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel.createSmallDescription(RebellionIntel.java:1200)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.Object.class(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.return.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.String.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Did some quick testing, the crash seems to be consistent and not dependant on having an agent on the rebelling planet to provide additional info.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 396