Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013726 times)

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6e "Earth and Sky" (update 2020-07-18)
« Reply #3180 on: July 30, 2020, 10:59:01 AM »

Not sure if a bug or intended, but if I try to raise relations between Pirates and Anvils' Exalted Faction per Agents, the Reputation goes down, if the Agent is successful. Lowering Rep. works normal. Happens both, when trying to do it from a Pirate Colony, or Exalted one.

You mean instead of +15 rep you get -15 or you mean you get +rep but with short time it decays? If second it's normal cuz faction in Nex have eehh viewpoint and they may not match. That makes some factions hate each other just because.

Dont know then ;D  we need Histidine ;D

I get -15 Rep instead +15 Rep

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: July 30, 2020, 01:53:40 PM »

After updating Nex, it seems like the other factions no longer send out colony fleets. Has that feature been removed?

NaitNait

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: July 30, 2020, 06:11:46 PM »

After updating Nex, it seems like the other factions no longer send out colony fleets. Has that feature been removed?
It is a known issue, there is an indev build on Discord that resolves this.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3183 on: July 30, 2020, 07:10:41 PM »

Not sure if a bug or intended, but if I try to raise relations between Pirates and Anvils' Exalted Faction per Agents, the Reputation goes down, if the Agent is successful. Lowering Rep. works normal. Happens both, when trying to do it from a Pirate Colony, or Exalted one.
Exalted have a max relationship of -100 with pirates. If the relationship between the factions was somehow higher than the maximum before the agent action, it'll reduce relations to meet the maximum.
(I'll change how these things work so they don't flip the sign of the rel. change, to make it less confusing. Also should probably show relationship limits within the agent action GUI.)

Hello, is it possible to change the composition of Mining Fleet that spawns from colonies? Like for example, I want to change Venture to another ship and make this composition unique to my own faction?
Write a miningVariantsOrWings list in your faction config (Blackrock and Tiandong both have examples, there may be other mods too)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 07:14:58 PM by Histidine »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6f "Earth and Sky" (update 2020-07-31)
« Reply #3184 on: July 31, 2020, 01:15:07 AM »

Fix/compatibility update for the fix/compatibility update.

Nexerelin v0.9.6f
Download

Changelog
Spoiler

v0.9.6f
* Fix NPC colony expeditions being completely broken
* Add support for some Industrial.Evolution industries/structures
    * Can be seeded at game start, and NPC colonies can build them
    * Applies to Academy, Privateer Base, Restoration Docks, Salvage Yards, Senate
* Fixes/improvements for [EXPUNGED] faction
* Player agents can instigate rebellions
* Raise/lower relations improvements
    * Display current relationship and (if applicable) limit
    * Don't allow relationship to go "backwards" when clamping to limits
* Prism Freeport spawns in its own system "Sitnalta" (can be changed back to a hyperspace station in config)
* Facton diplomacy traits are randomized when random faction relations are enabled (with per-faction and global toggles available)
* Further protection against NPC colonies double building stations; existing stations can be upgraded
* Generate a more complete set of comm board officials for player colonies, and keep it up to date
* Increase independents' spawn weight in random sector
* Randomize player starting location in free start
* Fix a case of last set of factions in new game selection/faction directory not being pickable if there are too many factions
[close]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 05:32:02 AM by Histidine »

JEENAH

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: July 31, 2020, 02:03:02 AM »

Cool !! It's time to make the entire sector go in a total war again. Muheehehe.

Thanks dud.

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: July 31, 2020, 02:11:44 AM »

Fix/compatibility update for the fix/compatibility update.

Nexerelin v0.9.6f
Download

Changelog
Spoiler

v0.9.6f
* Fix NPC colony expeditions being completely broken
* Add support for some Industrial.Evolution industries/structures
    * Can be seeded at game start, and NPC colonies can build them
    * Applies to Academy, Privateer Base, Restoration Docks, Salvage Yards, Senate
* Fixes/improvements for [EXPUNGED] faction
* Player agents can instigate rebellions
* Raise/lower relations improvements
    * Display current relationship and (if applicable) limit
    * Don't allow relationship to go "backwards" when clamping to limits
* Prism Freeport spawns in its own system "Sitnalta" (can be changed back to a hyperspace station in config)
* Facton diplomacy traits are randomized when random faction relations are enabled (with per-faction and global toggles available)
* Further protection against NPC colonies double building stations; existing stations can be upgraded
* Generate a more complete set of comm board officials for player colonies, and keep it up to date
* Increase independents' spawn weight in random sector
* Randomize player starting location in free start
* Fix a case of last set of factions in new game selection/faction directory not being pickable if there are too many factions
[close]

The Download Link is for the old version 0.9.6e, not 0.9.6f

korqi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: July 31, 2020, 10:50:48 AM »

For some reason I suddenly can not trade with prism free port. I am friendly with independents. Is there any solution to that? :(
What does the dialog say? It should explain why you can't dock to trade.
If you post a screenshot and/or savegame, I could try to figure out what's going on.
[/quote]
It actually got fixed itself. I ended commission with a faction and after that I was able to trade with prism free port again. before that I tried trading with transponder on/off but it did not have  any impact. During and after ending commission I had "friendly" relations with independents so I do not think not able to trade was due to this factor. I have tons of mods enabled so maybe in conflicted with one of them.

Frosterus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: August 01, 2020, 02:40:10 AM »

Just asking for future reference.

Do I have to start a new save file whenever this mod updates? Or can I just update it mid-save?

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: August 01, 2020, 11:17:46 AM »

v0.9.6c
* Gameplay
    * Add suspend autonomy function (allows player to build things on autonomous colonies)
    * Add function to donate admins to an autonomous colony

Hey, just came back to Starsector and just wanted to say, thank you for not leaving my suggestion behind, it is a million times better now that i can "sponsor" my autonomous colonies.

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: August 02, 2020, 02:37:38 AM »

Is it just me or Agents can't be sent to [EXPUNGED]

My comissioned Faction was able to get relations to -20 with [EXPUNGED] but things have remained like that for a long time.

I tried to do the other option and send the agent to my commision faction and then try to improve the relations with [EXPUNGED].

But it automatically sets the improvement of relations to the Player.

Is it because [EXPUNGED] faction is still not complete? Or you were never able to become allied with them?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3191 on: August 02, 2020, 07:20:56 AM »

Just asking for future reference.

Do I have to start a new save file whenever this mod updates? Or can I just update it mid-save?
Nex updates are always (intended to be) save-compatible with at least the immediately prior update, unless otherwise specified.

Is it just me or Agents can't be sent to [EXPUNGED]

My comissioned Faction was able to get relations to -20 with [EXPUNGED] but things have remained like that for a long time.

I tried to do the other option and send the agent to my commision faction and then try to improve the relations with [EXPUNGED].

But it automatically sets the improvement of relations to the Player.

Is it because [EXPUNGED] faction is still not complete? Or you were never able to become allied with them?
That faction is deliberately immune to agents (this has been the case since the previous versions), but you can become their friends if you can find other methods to gain rep with them. I don't know if there are any in the current version though.

Although if the agent ends up raising your relationship with [EXPUNGED], shouldn't that propagate to benefit your commissioning faction as well? If not, that's a bug.
(Actually, being able to raise relations between agent-immune factions and normal factions by targeting the latter is also a bug, I'll be fixing that)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 07:24:57 AM by Histidine »

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: August 02, 2020, 01:28:11 PM »

It seems that when a NPC invades a planet(and when using the SetMarketOwner command) the ship name prefixes do not change.(HSS on a now Tri-tachyon planet) However when a player does a market transfer the prefixes change to the proper ones. Why the difference?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3193 on: August 04, 2020, 05:32:14 PM »

It seems that when a NPC invades a planet(and when using the SetMarketOwner command) the ship name prefixes do not change.(HSS on a now Tri-tachyon planet) However when a player does a market transfer the prefixes change to the proper ones. Why the difference?
They all go through the same code on the mod's side. Maybe it's the player's presence (affecting market refreshes and such) that make the difference?

(I've known about prefixes not changing for a while but never did figure out why. Maybe I'll look into it for next version.)

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: August 04, 2020, 06:21:33 PM »

They all go through the same code on the mod's side. Maybe it's the player's presence (affecting market refreshes and such) that make the difference?

(I've known about prefixes not changing for a while but never did figure out why. Maybe I'll look into it for next version.)
I tested some more and have a guess to why there is a difference.
When a player occupies a planet, unless it has the commerce industry the open market (probably) gets "deleted" together with its ship prefix data etc.
However when a player occupies a planet with commerce and then transfers, the open market is not deleted; The market will still have the same prefixes due to it inheriting the same market instance.
Both cases were tested with the same method (setmarketowner command on chicomoztoc with commerce and no commerce and then transferring to some other faction)
Additionally, adding commerce after the planet is transferred to the player and then giving it to some other faction caused the ship prefix ISS to remain on that open market. And doing this on a market with a military market caused the planet to have markets with 2 different ship prefixes.
I guess the fix for this would be to delete all the markets in the same manner when a player occupies a planet without commerce.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 396