Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 398

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3039766 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6e "Earth and Sky" (update 2020-07-18)
« Reply #3165 on: July 26, 2020, 06:22:47 PM »

Hmm, that's strange. The colony target picker is a bit "fussy" so it can take a while to find something to colonize, but it should find something eventually after 15 cycles.

Other mods shouldn't directly affect the colony expeditions, unless they're causing a shortage of colony targets. ...Actually, does Grand Sector make the spacing between star systems larger? That might be causing it, seeing as colony expeditions have a limited range.

JEENAH

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: July 27, 2020, 12:44:11 AM »

I changed my sector mod so now i have Adjusted Sector, wich have more options on the sector generation, and the star systems are very close from each other, there is tons of them all around and sometimes, they are even on top of each other.

I started a new game with some faction mods, cycle 211, still no expedition from the IA ... Zero new colony :s

I played it normally, i have some faction mods, tons of new ships and weapons, but nothing that could even bother with expeditions or colonisation, and even with no mods, only yours. IA is still not colonizing anything.

My game is the same as everybody else, your mod is the same for everyone, but nope. For me, it doesn't bloody work. It's so stupid.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3167 on: July 27, 2020, 12:56:34 AM »

Actually, here's something to try: in the console, enter the following command (copy and paste) a dozen times:
Code
runcode exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager.getManager().spawnColonyExpedition();
(after entering the first time, you can press Up and then Enter to repeatedly enter the previous command)

See if that makes any expedition events appear. If not, look at the end of starsector.log; there should be messages like "Failed to pick faction for expedition".

JEENAH

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: July 27, 2020, 04:22:55 AM »

Oh !! I'm gonna try that !! Thanks a lot. Happy i got the console command mod (lol)

Hope i will be able to see if the expedition thing pop-up, because i'm in a total war actually (With like 5 factions at once ?), my own faction launching invasions on itself, i created a monster ... Oh god.

I try and i come back to you in a moment.

EDIT : OH MY GOD !!

80% of the log is like you said ...

Spoiler
9421162 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Attempting to spawn colony expedition
9421166 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Failed to pick target for expedition
9421176 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Attempting to spawn colony expedition
9421180 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Failed to pick target for expedition
9421189 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Attempting to spawn colony expedition
9421193 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Failed to pick target for expedition
9421203 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Attempting to spawn colony expedition
9421207 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Failed to pick target for expedition
9421214 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Attempting to spawn colony expedition
9421219 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Failed to pick target for expedition
9421229 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Attempting to spawn colony expedition
9421233 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Failed to pick target for expedition
9421241 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Attempting to spawn colony expedition
9421245 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Failed to pick target for expedition
487781 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Attempting to spawn colony expedition
487785 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Failed to pick target for expedition
487798 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Attempting to spawn colony expedition
487801 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Failed to pick target for expedition
487812 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Attempting to spawn colony expedition
487817 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Failed to pick target for expedition
487829 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Attempting to spawn colony expedition
487834 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Failed to pick target for expedition
487847 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Attempting to spawn colony expedition
487851 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Failed to pick target for expedition
487864 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Attempting to spawn colony expedition
[close]

I took it at some different places in the log, but i'm sure we're even around 90% or even 95% of this, in the entire log ... It's crazy.

What is the problem if this happens ?

Also, for some reasons i can't request fleets for raid ... While my own faction launch raids on itself :s
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 06:17:29 AM by JEENAH »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3169 on: July 27, 2020, 08:29:49 AM »

face_in_hands.jpg

I found two big bugs in the colony expedition code. One is actually a year old and not too serious (it wasn't properly checking for stable locations when determining whether a star system could have a comm relay), but the other is new in 0.9.6e and completely broke the system (it was supposed to make sure only uninhabited planets were colonized, but what it actually did was make no factions able to colonize). FML.

Thanks so much for the report! I'll have it fixed in a new version fairly soon.

JEENAH

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: July 27, 2020, 09:26:57 AM »

Oh !! Good to hear that you found where the problem was !! And i'm happy it's not just me that have bad luck with mods (LOL)

But, i'm surprised, nobody else actually encountered this bug (Since nobody else reported it), or maybe people don't even care about that feature ?

Anyway, happy that i'll be able to get the full experience soon ~

yourleader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: July 27, 2020, 08:49:22 PM »

So far i encountered something like this:
>i'm being in an alliance
>Trying to get agent to increase my reputation with pirate
>Currently my ally is being harassed by a pirate base nearby, so they are trying to do a base strike mission
>My agent success and my relation with pirate change from hostile to inhospitable
>Ally stop base strike mission with the reason: no longer hostile
> apparently their base are still being raided by pirate, but because of my own reputation with pirate, they won't make a move
>that -5 stability and -50% access hit em hard

Is there any way to stop this from happening? like
-they still strike pirate if they prove threat to them no matter reputation.
or
-pirate won't raid us if we have high enough reputation.
or
-we can bride, or use reputation to despawn a pirate base.
or
-We can send an agent there to paralize or despawn the base.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 10:13:06 PM by yourleader »

korqi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: July 28, 2020, 01:13:19 AM »

For some reason I suddenly can not trade with prism free port. I am friendly with independents. Is there any solution to that? :(

JEENAH

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: July 28, 2020, 01:16:41 AM »

For some reason I suddenly can not trade with prism free port. I am friendly with independents. Is there any solution to that? :(

I got the same issue, but with another faction. It happens for some reasons, totaly randomly, not being able to trade with a faction anymore. And it's forever. I forgot to report it because it was a minor issue, but now that you talk about it. I got that bug too ...

The bug make it look like you're at war with the faction even if they can be everything else, you can't trade with them (In any of their colonies), happened to me too even with modded factions ~

I though it was a new feature for factions to not accept trading with you at some point, but it happened a lot and with nearly every factions, modded, not modded, even independant, regardless of relations, can be neutral, friendly, etc ... Doesn't change a thing. If they don't want to trade with you anymore, you're kuked :s

Thank you for reporting it, since i forgot to do it.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3174 on: July 28, 2020, 02:32:20 AM »

Forgot this earlier:

Also, for some reasons i can't request fleets for raid ... While my own faction launch raids on itself :s
There's no raid request feature currently, although the Industrial.Evolution mod has an industry that automatically generates raids.

If a faction is attacking itself, that's probably because of a mod bug that made the faction hostile to itself at some point. Console workaround using Hegemony as an example (replace its ID with the one of your faction):
Code
Global.getSector().getFaction("hegemony").setRelationship("hegemony", 1);

So far i encountered something like this:
>i'm being in an alliance
>Trying to get agent to increase my reputation with pirate
>Currently my ally is being harassed by a pirate base nearby, so they are trying to do a base strike mission
>My agent success and my relation with pirate change from hostile to inhospitable
>Ally stop base strike mission with the reason: no longer hostile
> apparently their base are still being raided by pirate, but because of my own reputation with pirate, they won't make a move
>that -5 stability and -50% access hit em hard

Is there any way to stop this from happening? like
-they still strike pirate if they prove threat to them no matter reputation.
or
-pirate won't raid us if we have high enough reputation.
or
-we can bride, or use reputation to despawn a pirate base.
or
-We can send an agent there to paralize or despawn the base.
You can attack the base yourself with your transponder off (good way to collect bounties while still being friendly with pirates), or use the agent to raise relations between your ally and pirates (higher rep level = less effect from pirate activity). The base can also randomly decide to target someone else on its own.

What does the dialog say? It should explain why you can't dock to trade.
If you post a screenshot and/or savegame, I could try to figure out what's going on.

JEENAH

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: July 28, 2020, 03:39:09 AM »

No worry, it's not a bug or a problem, i'm just bad at explaining since i'm french, i don't have much vocabulary ... My faction launches invasions, even if i do nothing (It's not attacking his own self, it's just that, it's sending invasions fleets even if i don't request/do it manually).

Dats what i wanted to say. Sorry for the misunderstending :s

Mayu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: July 29, 2020, 08:46:53 AM »

Hello, is it possible to change the composition of Mining Fleet that spawns from colonies? Like for example, I want to change Venture to another ship and make this composition unique to my own faction?

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: July 30, 2020, 03:59:48 AM »

Not sure if a bug or intended, but if I try to raise relations between Pirates and Anvils' Exalted Faction per Agents, the Reputation goes down, if the Agent is successful. Lowering Rep. works normal. Happens both, when trying to do it from a Pirate Colony, or Exalted one.

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: July 30, 2020, 07:24:15 AM »

Not sure if a bug or intended, but if I try to raise relations between Pirates and Anvils' Exalted Faction per Agents, the Reputation goes down, if the Agent is successful. Lowering Rep. works normal. Happens both, when trying to do it from a Pirate Colony, or Exalted one.

You mean instead of +15 rep you get -15 or you mean you get +rep but with short time it decays? If second it's normal cuz faction in Nex have eehh viewpoint and they may not match. That makes some factions hate each other just because.

Xobra

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: July 30, 2020, 07:28:32 AM »

You mean instead of +15 rep you get -15 or you mean you get +rep but with short time it decays? If second it's normal cuz faction in Nex have eehh viewpoint and they may not match. That makes some factions hate each other just because.

I get -15 Rep instead +15 Rep
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 398