Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014475 times)

maxi1.1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6d "Earth and Sky" (update 2020-04-26)
« Reply #3090 on: June 09, 2020, 08:14:55 AM »

I would like to report a bug that I assume is either caused by Nex or tied to it. Many fleet shops offer mostly Sunder-class ships in the destroyer range. This leads to some shops having almost nothing but Sunders available. All regular ones with and without D-mods. It happens with independent and Hegemony markets. Also there were and are a small number of NPC fleets comprised only of up to 8 Sunders. I find this problem bizarre and it only appeared after having a new playthrough with the newest nex version.

I have searched the forums but have not yet found a solution regarding this issue. Unrelated: The "cannot meet Vesperon Combine representative bug" does not appear for me. Should i post a list or log? I have a large number of mods active. Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 09:28:06 AM by maxi1.1 »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3091 on: June 11, 2020, 07:51:09 AM »

Sunder bug sounds like an improperly configured mod accidentally making the faction only know Sunder blueprints. A modlist would help narrow down which mod might be doing it, yes.

Kothyxaan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: June 11, 2020, 10:39:07 AM »

Pirate Bug:

I am not sure if this is a base game issue or this mod. I was comissioned to the pirates and had a 100 reputation with them. I was attacked out in the middle of nowhere by a pirate armada (my transponder was on, they weren't up for talking). After the battle I had a negative reputation with the Pirate faction and they cancelled my comission. If I had attacked them, then fair enough, but they attacked me.
Anyway, maybe it is a clash with the base game?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: June 11, 2020, 12:42:17 PM »

I've had the first bit before, where a bounty fleet is always hostile.
Maybe they could be shuffled into their own faction so it doesn't affect our hard earned pirate rep?

Kothyxaan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: June 12, 2020, 06:47:44 AM »

Maybe they could be shuffled into their own faction so it doesn't affect our hard earned pirate rep?

Ah, I never thought of that. It probably was a bounty fleet.
Another option would be just make it so if they attack first (and they know who you are, your transponder is on or you talk to them and identify yourself that way) then you don't lose rep. I wonder if that is possible.
Best though is to make them respect faction reputations! Damn rebelious pirates, they have no respect for rules.

maxi1.1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: June 12, 2020, 10:01:04 AM »

Here is the modlist for my Sunder-spam in market problem. txt file, 3 entries at a line. Straight copy from the enabled_mods.json. Addition: It happens a lot for pirate markets too. Most faction mod markets and special markets appear unaffected. Thank you for your time.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: June 12, 2020, 03:11:06 PM »

Well, Im kinda sorry for off-topping but I need help.
There ... was good mod named 'HullMod Expansion Pack' but it seems that author has some kind of PTSD or something and now I cant get this mod.
If anyone has any version (last one with all stuff in priority :D ) can you post the link here or PM pls?

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: June 12, 2020, 03:15:14 PM »

Well, Im kinda sorry for off-topping but I need help.
There ... was good mod named 'HullMod Expansion Pack' but it seems that author has some kind of PTSD or something and now I cant get this mod.
If anyone has any version (last one with all stuff in priority :D ) can you post the link here or PM pls?

Ask on the discord, easier get it from someone there instead if offtopping on an unrelated page.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 03:16:52 PM by connortron7 »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3098 on: June 12, 2020, 07:09:35 PM »

Ah, I never thought of that. It probably was a bounty fleet.
Another option would be just make it so if they attack first (and they know who you are, your transponder is on or you talk to them and identify yourself that way) then you don't lose rep. I wonder if that is possible.
Best though is to make them respect faction reputations! Damn rebelious pirates, they have no respect for rules.
Next Starsector version, the opportunistic attack pirates you might encounter in the uninhabited systems won't lower your rep (or at least not by much) when you fight them, at least.

Here is the modlist for my Sunder-spam in market problem. txt file, 3 entries at a line. Straight copy from the enabled_mods.json. Addition: It happens a lot for pirate markets too. Most faction mod markets and special markets appear unaffected. Thank you for your time.
Thanks.

First off, at least two of the mods you're using (Hegemony Expeditionary Auxiliary Fleet and Interstellar Federation Legacy) are not even updated for Starsector 0.9, at least for the versions available from the mod index. It's remarkable they don't even crash the game. Get rid of them.

I downloaded and checked the listed mods I found suspicious, but none of them have the bug that would cause all-Sunder fleets.

Are all your mods up to date with their latest versions as reported by Version Checker (press V in campaign)?

If the problem persists, one thing to try: search (in Windows file browser) in the mods folder, for hegemony.faction or independent.faction. Open all the files. Any mod that has empty arrays in the faction's known ships will cause the issue, e.g.
Code: json
    "knownShips":{
        "tags":[],
        "hulls":[],
    },
(in Starsector 0.9.1, when the game merges copies of the same file in different mods,
an empty array in one mod will cause the final array to also be empty regardless of what vanilla or the other mods have in their corresponding copies of the array)

Algester

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: June 12, 2020, 08:13:17 PM »

question on commissions and alliances from the previous version of nex it seems that getting commissioned to another faction while being in an alliance was considered a bug yes?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: June 14, 2020, 04:21:33 AM »

Is it possible, as a temporary patch, to add code such that finishing a fight with a bounty fleet restores your relationship to what it was before you clicked attack?

EDIT: So I was looking through the config file and I came across this one uncommented: nex_invasionBaseDefenseMult
I'm unsure what this does. Is it a boost to the defender? Is it a multiplier to determine what strength the attacker should send? Etc.

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: June 14, 2020, 12:56:49 PM »

Any chance we could get agents to be able to procure weapons as well as ships?  As having them able to procure ships is just amazing!  I only wish I could use them to get the weapons that should be common but just don't get sold

maxi1.1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: June 15, 2020, 07:43:04 AM »

Gentlemen, thank you for your help. The "Sunderbug" no longer plagues my game. Deleting "iFed Legacy" mod and also "Hegemony Aux extra ships" mod did the trick. I checked the files you mentioned and did not find an empty array. However, the contents of the second mod may have been the culprit. There was no entry for hegemony ships in that list, only for adding the aux ships. Maybe that was the trick?

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: June 16, 2020, 01:29:48 PM »

Is there a way for me to order a base strike on pirates while I'm out exploring and am away from the core?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3104 on: June 16, 2020, 05:21:56 PM »

Is it possible, as a temporary patch, to add code such that finishing a fight with a bounty fleet restores your relationship to what it was before you clicked attack?
Doing stuff with detecting whether the combat was a legitimate cause of rep loss or not is more work, caching the player's reputation with pirates and restoring it afterwards is more work than I want to do right now, given that the bug is rare, readily avoidable (keep transponder off), readily fixable with console if it happens, and will be fixed on its own in a coming Starsector release.

EDIT: So I was looking through the config file and I came across this one uncommented: nex_invasionBaseDefenseMult
I'm unsure what this does. Is it a boost to the defender? Is it a multiplier to determine what strength the attacker should send? Etc.
It's a multiplier for ground defense strength during invasions (while not applying to raids and bombardment).

Any chance we could get agents to be able to procure weapons as well as ships?  As having them able to procure ships is just amazing!  I only wish I could use them to get the weapons that should be common but just don't get sold
There isn't a good GUI for weapon picking like there is with ships, alas.

Is there a way for me to order a base strike on pirates while I'm out exploring and am away from the core?
Press Z while in campaign screen (without any other menus or screens open) for fleet request and other options.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 396