Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 398

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3041608 times)

Jinnigan

• Ensign
  • as our gallop meets the earth
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.6d "Earth and Sky" (update 2020-04-26)
« Reply #3045 on: May 02, 2020, 09:34:56 AM »

Hi folks. I'm looking to use the Hiigaran Descendants mod, and one of the most recent replies says that "The one blueprint for a selection of Hiigaran ships is clickable, and performs like you learn them, but none of them are showing up in the build list or doctrine. There also isnt a "Hiigaran"  tag listed for sorting in amongst the others." I've never modded Starsector before, but I can probably look through some files to figure it out. Any ideas where I can look to see where the problem might be?

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: May 02, 2020, 09:54:00 AM »

When you press D there is a tab named Orders what is it?
Also I once mentioned that I would like to see request of exploration fleets but also well...
When you conquer planet and you are commissioned you do not take it for yourselves instead you auto-transfer it. Can you do the same with colonisation? Like when I colonise planet and commised I auto-transfer it to my faction?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3047 on: May 04, 2020, 07:12:21 PM »

Hi folks. I'm looking to use the Hiigaran Descendants mod, and one of the most recent replies says that "The one blueprint for a selection of Hiigaran ships is clickable, and performs like you learn them, but none of them are showing up in the build list or doctrine. There also isnt a "Hiigaran"  tag listed for sorting in amongst the others." I've never modded Starsector before, but I can probably look through some files to figure it out. Any ideas where I can look to see where the problem might be?
I tested the Hiigaran mod by NoFoodAfterMidnight (v5, requires MagicLib) and both the Hiigaran ship blueprint packages worked correctly, with the ships appearing in the doctrine screen and having the correct tag. I dunno what issue that guy was having.

When you press D there is a tab named Orders what is it?
Unimplemented vanilla feature

When you conquer planet and you are commissioned you do not take it for yourselves instead you auto-transfer it. Can you do the same with colonisation? Like when I colonise planet and commised I auto-transfer it to my faction?
I can't change the colonization GUI, unfortunately. You'll just have to manually transfer the colony after creating it.

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: May 04, 2020, 11:42:38 PM »

Ty for answers once again!

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: May 09, 2020, 10:34:14 AM »

been away for RL issues and now updating all my mods...just wanted to say:  bravo big UP for so many changes,  that the changelog no longer even lists my current version!

jexams

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: May 12, 2020, 12:30:16 AM »

I can't change the colonization GUI, unfortunately. You'll just have to manually transfer the colony after creating it.

How would I do a manual colony transfer once I colonize an uninhabited planet?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3051 on: May 12, 2020, 11:00:55 PM »

How would I do a manual colony transfer once I colonize an uninhabited planet?
Create colony, undock, dock, open comm directory and talk to the admin there

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: May 13, 2020, 10:32:03 PM »

hi is there a way to set the factions, on game start, to have sole ownership of their respective systems?  i.e. each faction, if present in a system, is the only faction in that system?

The galaxy "flavor start" I'm aiming for is:  the major factions are hunkered down in fortress systems and endless wars...along comes this wildcard player who tips the scales and changes history.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: May 14, 2020, 06:01:09 PM »

Would it be possible for you to allow most non-critical diplomacy notifications to respect comm relays? Nexerellin destroys the feeling of isolation I get when I'm out in space.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3054 on: May 15, 2020, 03:47:13 AM »

hi is there a way to set the factions, on game start, to have sole ownership of their respective systems?  i.e. each faction, if present in a system, is the only faction in that system?

The galaxy "flavor start" I'm aiming for is:  the major factions are hunkered down in fortress systems and endless wars...along comes this wildcard player who tips the scales and changes history.
Not at present, sorry!
(Well, you could do things like use the console to manually assign markets, but yuck)

Would it be possible for you to allow most non-critical diplomacy notifications to respect comm relays? Nexerellin destroys the feeling of isolation I get when I'm out in space.
Possibly in the future.
In the meantime, you can use the diplomacyEventFilterLevel and agentEventFilterLevel settings in exerelin_config.json. This makes low-importance events (even while in comm relay range) not pop up in the notifications area, although they'll still be in the intel screen if you happen to look at the right time.

Reavenant

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: May 15, 2020, 05:47:04 AM »

Hello Histidine,

I would like to report a bug I've encountered today. I believe it's caused by an error in configuration in your hull mods or an overlap with other mods in my set but I'm not able to pin-point it.
There are these mods marked in red circle in the attached jpeg file which cause my game to crash as soon as I put the cursor over them. I believe that one of them is called 'Extreme conditions'. It's description mentioned that it would affect fighters speed by '0%'.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12qgfOTaa7sbg2Khv5BlamVlxC8h7mLVJ/view?usp=sharing

I've also attached part of my crashlog if you don't mind taking a look into it.
Spoiler
52910 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.plugins.loa_awacsordermanager  - loa_awacs_order_manager:105: advance called with null engine
52914 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.plugins.loa_awacsordermanager  - loa_awacs_order_manager:105: advance called with null engine
52930 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.plugins.loa_awacsordermanager  - loa_awacs_order_manager:105: advance called with null engine
53531 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelin/miningConfig.json]
53533 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: D:\Gry\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering 1.18]
53534 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: D:\Gry\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\fluffShipPack]
53534 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: D:\Gry\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Foundation Of Borken]
53535 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: D:\Gry\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin]
53535 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: D:\Gry\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\tahlan]
53536 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: D:\Gry\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Tiandong Heavy Industries 1.2.1a]
53537 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: D:\Gry\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering 1.18]
53538 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: D:\Gry\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\fluffShipPack]
53538 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: D:\Gry\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin]
53539 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: D:\Gry\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\tahlan]
53539 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: D:\Gry\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Tiandong Heavy Industries 1.2.1a]
53540 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: D:\Gry\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Torchships]
53541 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: D:\Gry\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin]
63001 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.util.E  - Saving screenshot to D:\Gry\Starsector\starsector-core\..\screenshots\screenshot000.png...
83897 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.util.E  - Saving screenshot to D:\Gry\Starsector\starsector-core\..\screenshots\screenshot001.png...
179864 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.utils.FighterDevChecker.addPostDescriptionSection(FighterDevChecker.java:30)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.impl.items.ModSpecItemPlugin.createTooltip(ModSpecItemPlugin.java:208)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoDataGridView$1.createImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.public.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Objectsuper.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.trade.CargoDataGridView.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.G.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.o00o.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.String.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Best regards,
Reav

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3056 on: May 15, 2020, 07:15:59 PM »

Nexerelin doesn't have hullmods and in general I'm not sure why you thought this error involved Nex.

I've been told that the error results from a particular version of the Foundation of Borken mod, which happened to get an unofficial translation on 4chan. I don't think there's a fixed + translated version in circulation, but you could try looking.

The_Dank_Astero

• Ensign
  • I may change my profile picture
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: May 15, 2020, 10:16:36 PM »

Awesome mod!

Is there a way that factions should defend their colonies more aggressively, like if you invade a colony, the faction that formerly owned the colony may send a investigation fleet then a invasion fleet soon after?

Reavenant

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: May 18, 2020, 09:23:43 AM »

Nexerelin doesn't have hullmods and in general I'm not sure why you thought this error involved Nex.

I've been told that the error results from a particular version of the Foundation of Borken mod, which happened to get an unofficial translation on 4chan. I don't think there's a fixed + translated version in circulation, but you could try looking.

Hello Histidine,

I'm sorry if my post sounded like an accusation. I've only recently started to mod the game and to my current experience the last mod listed in the log is usually the one causing the crash/bug to take place. Given the fact that in multiple logs your mod was listed last I came to conclusion that was caused by it.
Such a pitty that FoB causes soooo many bugs and that the only thing one can to do fix it is to remove data from the savefiles.

BTW I've the hull_mod.csv file corresponding to the mod which is the reason of the crash. It specifies a directory in utils folder where the script for this mod should be, however the file in question is missing. Do you know perhaps what I need to edit in order to remove the call to it? I've tried removing the line regarding that mod from the CSV file but it only gives me crash on start (doh!).

Best regards

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3059 on: May 19, 2020, 05:56:39 PM »

BTW I've the hull_mod.csv file corresponding to the mod which is the reason of the crash. It specifies a directory in utils folder where the script for this mod should be, however the file in question is missing. Do you know perhaps what I need to edit in order to remove the call to it? I've tried removing the line regarding that mod from the CSV file but it only gives me crash on start (doh!).
You could set it to use a dummy hullmod script that does nothing, or if you don't know how to do one, use the same script as an existing hullmod.

Is there a way that factions should defend their colonies more aggressively, like if you invade a colony, the faction that formerly owned the colony may send a investigation fleet then a invasion fleet soon after?
There's already a mechanic where, following a number of hostile actions by the player, enemies of your faction will attempt to invade one of your colonies (not necessarily the one that was recently captured). This is in addition to the vengeance fleets that chase the player.
Though I suspect that doing a response for every single colony captured by the player might make the overall experience too whack-a-mole.

The special task groups may also show up in response to a hostile player being seen a faction's star system. The main issue with this right now is they usually won't get there in time to stop player invasions, since those work instantly; that's a problem to be fixed some time down the road.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 398