Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3012923 times)

BadGame

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5h "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-12-20)
« Reply #2925 on: February 23, 2020, 01:10:14 PM »

How to edit and remove ai faction colonization?
i dont want they get like 30 planets around  :-\

McMuster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: February 23, 2020, 02:37:34 PM »

How to edit and remove ai faction colonization?
i dont want they get like 30 planets around  :-\

Go to the data>config>exerlinfactionconfig folder and crack open each factions file with notepad++, set "colonyExpeditionChance" to "0" for any factions that have the modifier. Do this in the data folder of any faction mods added to the game as well.

That's how i figured out how to do it, but I don't know if there's a simpler "colony expeditions=false" setting exists somewhere I'm unable to find.

TheSAguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: February 23, 2020, 08:43:25 PM »

Hey Histidine,
I just wanted to say thanks for this great mod. I will never be able to play Starsector without it.  :)

I was wondering if you could add some info on the factions page (or it's own report). I'd like to see some stats. Each factions number of planets. Population size. Number of ships broken out by War vs. Civilian. Maybe broken further out by hull type.

Anyways,
Great Mod!!
Thanks.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2928 on: February 24, 2020, 03:31:58 AM »

Say, how do I disable AI colony missions without going into each faction's page and setting their multiplier to zero? That method works but it's kind of easy to mess up when updating versions or adding new modded factions.
/Nexerelin/exerelin_config.json -> set colonyExpeditionInterval to 999999

Hey Histidine,
I just wanted to say thanks for this great mod. I will never be able to play Starsector without it.  :)

I was wondering if you could add some info on the factions page (or it's own report). I'd like to see some stats. Each factions number of planets. Population size. Number of ships broken out by War vs. Civilian. Maybe broken further out by hull type.

Anyways,
Great Mod!!
Thanks.
*thumbs up emoji*

For your requests: There's a faction directory option (press Z on the campaign map, or look in "Special options" when docked) that lists each faction's planets/stations and their market size.
Ship count is messier since most fleets don't actually exist until the player gets close to the star system they're in. I could read the abstracted "fleet point" values for such fleets, but this won't account for the fact that the calculated strength can suddenly increased when an event (e.g. raids/invasions/expeditions) occurs, so not really useful or accurate.

KoRv

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: February 24, 2020, 02:28:24 PM »

Added Nexerelin and I must say its a blast. I saw earlier in the thread the possibility of Agents being able to steal faction assets like blueprints came up, I must say I am 100% for this (especially if it allows us to steal Volturnian Lobster eggs so we can set up our own breeding grounds. Give Us Lobster).

One of the things that was brought up is how we would receive these stolen goods, and if theft is implemented it would be neat if their method of procurement could be varied; maybe things went smoothly and theyre sent to our colony, maybe things went a bit sideways and we need to go pick it up in person with our transponder off to avoid detection, or maybe pirates intercepted them and we need to steal them before they get sold off.

Also, quick question: Can agents work together on a single task if they're both stationed on the same world to improve the tasks success?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 02:42:14 PM by KoRv »

TheSAguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: February 24, 2020, 05:16:46 PM »

Thanks for the response Histidine,

Another question, so you have random core worlds. Would it be possible to have a complete random sector.
Just group a faction to a cluster, but have the entire map be random.

This will make exploring dangerous. Some games might not work, but it will truly feel like you're exploring finding new factions.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: February 24, 2020, 11:11:25 PM »

I got this error a moment ago, i can't really provide any feedback about it except i was traveling to survey outer worlds. i suspect it has something to do with Nex because it uses the expression "rebellion" in it, i haven't had any problems with them and quite several have passed in my playthrough by now, so i don't know what the deal is with this.

Spoiler
1201863 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionCreator.createRebellion(RebellionCreator.java:95)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionCreator.incrementRebellionPoints(RebellionCreator.java:174)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionCreator.processMarket(RebellionCreator.java:201)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionCreator.advance(RebellionCreator.java:212)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2932 on: February 25, 2020, 03:32:26 AM »

(belated reply)
Though something seems off with that file: some of it's data is not consistent with the starting ship options in game and is even missing a few of them. Explorer (Large) is missing options 2 and 3 and has an Alastor as one of the solo frigate starts, yet in game they are the Centurion or Groundhog for instance.
The new game dialog automatically filters out starts which use ships that don't currently exist in the game (this is used to create starts that use ships from other mods, which may not be running at the time). The faction files included in Nexerelin have some starts using ships from the Ship & Weapon pack (except for pirates, which use Underworld).

I got this error a moment ago, i can't really provide any feedback about it except i was traveling to survey outer worlds. i suspect it has something to do with Nex because it uses the expression "rebellion" in it, i haven't had any problems with them and quite several have passed in my playthrough by now, so i don't know what the deal is with this.

Spoiler
1201863 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionCreator.createRebellion(RebellionCreator.java:95)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionCreator.incrementRebellionPoints(RebellionCreator.java:174)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionCreator.processMarket(RebellionCreator.java:201)
   at exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionCreator.advance(RebellionCreator.java:212)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
Oops, looks like a bug when it tries to spawn a rebellion on a player-founded colony.
Hotfix .jar here for now, I'll do a semi-formal update to the beta (with zip archive and everything) in the near future.

UPDATE: Full v0.9.6b beta here.
Changelog here.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 03:48:03 AM by Histidine »

TaylorItaly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: February 25, 2020, 06:28:56 AM »

Thanx for the update!!!

Can i copy my edited settings.json ,diplomacyConfig.json and exerelin_config.json from old beta to the new one ?
And have i to put that one file into /jars again ?

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: February 25, 2020, 12:10:56 PM »

UPDATE: Full v0.9.6b beta here.
Changelog here.

Thanks for the update! Also thanks for literally working past 3am just for our enjoyment! :o :o :o

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: February 25, 2020, 02:14:53 PM »

Noticed a minor issue in my last playthrough with the pirate start. After resigning the pirate commission, the "you resigned the pirate commission" message remains stuck in the mission and pirate intel boards permanently. If you rejoin and re-resign the pirate commission it produces a duplicate message that also remains stuck. Other than that no gameplay effects, and I haven't tested with other faction commissions.

Thanks for the new update!  ;D

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: February 25, 2020, 03:57:31 PM »

How to lvl up Admins?

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: February 26, 2020, 12:15:29 AM »

How to lvl up Admins?

This mod (or any mod for that matter) doesn't level up admins.

What Nexerelin does is let you unlock more slots to hire admins the bigger your total market size is.

If you want a mod that messes with admin spawns to have higher chance to make them better, i suggest you check the "Better Colonies" mod.
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17103
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 12:17:41 AM by DarkOmegaMK2 »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2938 on: February 26, 2020, 03:29:19 AM »

Can i copy my edited settings.json ,diplomacyConfig.json and exerelin_config.json from old beta to the new one ?
And have i to put that one file into /jars again ?
diplomacyConfig.json and exerelin_config.json can be copied directly; for settings.json make sure you include the nex_bonusAdminLevels tag as explained here
You don't need the .jar any more.

Noticed a minor issue in my last playthrough with the pirate start. After resigning the pirate commission, the "you resigned the pirate commission" message remains stuck in the mission and pirate intel boards permanently. If you rejoin and re-resign the pirate commission it produces a duplicate message that also remains stuck. Other than that no gameplay effects, and I haven't tested with other faction commissions.
Are you unchecking the "important" button (the (!)) on the intel? Important intel items hang around forever in the current version of Starsector.

TaylorItaly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: February 26, 2020, 04:12:19 AM »

Thanx. ;D
It was mainly that tag ,why i asked , because i am to lazy to add all the values from 0 to 300 again. 8)
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 396