Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013168 times)

McMuster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5h "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-12-20)
« Reply #2895 on: February 19, 2020, 04:19:33 PM »

Have you tried this config with "Derelict Empire" start?

I have, and it is rather interesting.  Every faction reduced to one or two planets at most and everyone constantly trying to invade "Remnants" - it becomes a complete roll of the dice to see who ends up in the lead by the time all those Remnant worlds finally get claimed, and I enjoy that a lot. 

It certainly beats the entirely predictable path of vanilla, that's for sure (i.e. Tri-Tachyon gets ganged up by everyone and dies in the first five years, then the Hegemony slowly conquers everything and the Luddics are the only survivors because they start spamming colonies across the entire map on day one).

That's why I play with invasions turned off for a more vanilla-style static sector.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: February 19, 2020, 05:51:30 PM »

Have you tried this config with "Derelict Empire" start?

I have, and it is rather interesting.  Every faction reduced to one or two planets at most and everyone constantly trying to invade "Remnants" - it becomes a complete roll of the dice to see who ends up in the lead by the time all those Remnant worlds finally get claimed, and I enjoy that a lot. 

It certainly beats the entirely predictable path of vanilla, that's for sure (i.e. Tri-Tachyon gets ganged up by everyone and dies in the first five years, then the Hegemony slowly conquers everything and the Luddics are the only survivors because they start spamming colonies across the entire map on day one).

Yeah for similar reasons i started doing Derelict Empire also, it is the most interesting of the starting options for me because it is more unpredictable on both what the factions will do and how the core worlds will be assembled.

crash7ds

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: February 19, 2020, 06:09:11 PM »

So will factions ever make pushes into non-core worlds? Are Dusahk and Penelope fair game? What about all those systems in the deep periphery where all the high-threat Remnant killer fleets hang out?

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: February 19, 2020, 09:02:02 PM »

This is my first time seeing the rebellion mechanics despite it being advertised like several patches ago, so i'd like to ask something that i could not find an answer for:

Is there a way to trigger a rebellion? of better yet, a is there a way to trigger a rebellion sponsored by your faction? I figured if i sold a couple of marines, supplies and armaments at the black market it would trigger off after some time, but i think i misinterpreted and those are just for when a rebellion is taking place.

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: February 19, 2020, 09:52:35 PM »

This is my first time seeing the rebellion mechanics despite it being advertised like several patches ago, so i'd like to ask something that i could not find an answer for:

Is there a way to trigger a rebellion? of better yet, a is there a way to trigger a rebellion sponsored by your faction? I figured if i sold a couple of marines, supplies and armaments at the black market it would trigger off after some time, but i think i misinterpreted and those are just for when a rebellion is taking place.

Every time I've seen a rebellion it's right after a foreign faction invades and conquers the planet. So that probably has to happen first I think.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: February 19, 2020, 09:58:55 PM »

Every time I've seen a rebellion it's right after a foreign faction invades and conquers the planet. So that probably has to happen first I think.

But when a rebellion starts, it is already aligned with a determined faction, isn't it?

StarScum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: February 19, 2020, 11:49:02 PM »

Is it possible to disable invasions or, even better, restrict them to planets smaller than size 5?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2902 on: February 20, 2020, 04:15:58 AM »

Is it possible to disable invasions or, even better, restrict them to planets smaller than size 5?
Basically, is there a way to set up Nexerelin that removes the win conditions and makes it so that the the core systems cant be wiped out? A "Nexerelin Lite", if you will?
exerelin_config.json -> set enableInvasions to false
Note that rebellions, decivilizations and such will still occur.

Yeah, there's no method for the player to deliberately incite a rebellion yet. I'll probably (re-)implement the 'incite rebellion' action for agents at some point, though not necessarily in the release version of 0.9.6.

-- Edit: I managed to find a section of code in Nexerelin\jars\src.zip\sources\ExerelinCore\exerelin\campaign\ColonyManager.java that might affect what I wish to change. Would there be any negative effects to changing line 91 in this file to have more bonus levels on a smoother curve?

You can edit the file, but you'd then have to recompile the mod code, which I don't recommend because it's kind of a pain.
Though I can put the values in the config... there. Put this file in Nexerelin/jars, and add this line to Nexerelin/data/config/settings.json (will crash without it):
Code: json
	"nex_bonusAdminLevels":[0, 10, 25, 50, 80, 120, 200, 300],
(you can change the values or insert new ones as you please)

Seems there's a bug where the "is Nex dev" debug check wasn't working properly (that intel should only display for normal players in devmode). Thanks, fixed.

(And yeah, the fleet name isn't generated till the player gets close to its current location)

Awesome. ;D Is there a new link for the fixed version?
Yep, use the link above

Coconutsales

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: February 20, 2020, 07:08:56 AM »

You can edit the file, but you'd then have to recompile the mod code, which I don't recommend because it's kind of a pain.
Though I can put the values in the config... there. Put this file in Nexerelin/jars, and add this line to Nexerelin/data/config/settings.json (will crash without it):
Code: json
	"nex_bonusAdminLevels":[0, 10, 25, 50, 80, 120, 200, 300],
(you can change the values or insert new ones as you please)

Fantastic! Thank you, now I can aspire to be the space capitalist I always wanted to be haha

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: February 20, 2020, 09:59:53 AM »

Yep, use the link above

Edit: Found it!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 03:14:53 PM by Lycaon »

TaylorItaly

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: February 20, 2020, 02:21:16 PM »

Hello !

I downloaded that file for more Admins , really nice ! 8)

But now i don`t have this "Special " Fleets spawning , these Fleets of the Beta ,which were created when an invasion from another
empire was announced.

StarScum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: February 20, 2020, 04:21:36 PM »

Does the production of goods like Ship Hulls and Marines effect how often and how strong expedition fleets are? The Rimworld Corporation is sending 5 very strong fleets that threaten my main system will all fully-upgraded star forts and 2 high commands despite only having three *** worlds.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: February 20, 2020, 05:12:45 PM »

Does the production of goods like Ship Hulls and Marines effect how often and how strong expedition fleets are? The Rimworld Corporation is sending 5 very strong fleets that threaten my main system will all fully-upgraded star forts and 2 high commands despite only having three *** worlds.

Invasions seem to scale in proportion to the defenses of their target, regardless of how poor they are.

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: February 20, 2020, 11:29:41 PM »

Hello, is there a way to increase the number of raids you can do on a planet while still getting blueprints or at least disable that limit ? I'm a bit tired of getting a only a single trash blueprint from raiding Raesvelg and having to wait to be able to raid again, especially since it seems that you can't savescum the results.
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2909 on: February 21, 2020, 04:03:04 AM »

There's a cap to invasion size based on the faction's ship hull/marine/supplies/fuel production, precisely to avoid this sort of issue with weak factions sending huge invasions. But the cap may be scaling too fast, and is disabled completely in brawl mode.
If it's not brawl mode, I can take a look at the save if you feel like it.

Hello, is there a way to increase the number of raids you can do on a planet while still getting blueprints or at least disable that limit ? I'm a bit tired of getting a only a single trash blueprint from raiding Raesvelg and having to wait to be able to raid again, especially since it seems that you can't savescum the results.
You can change the cooldown in settings.json -> nex_raidBPCooldown
In the 0.9.6 beta there are also settings to control how many blueprints you get per raid.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 396