Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 394

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3000847 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5f "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-11-17)
« Reply #2715 on: November 21, 2019, 03:48:16 AM »

Well, that removes the notifications from the "Important" tab, but they do remain in the "Colony threats" screen, so my issue is half-solved. Shouldn't these things time out?
If an intel item is expired and not marked as important, it'll go away once you close the intel screen.

Also, a question. I haven't messed with the randomly generated sectors yet, since I'm trying to prune out my current modded factions to keep just a few that seem worthwhile. Can anyone tell me if the randomly generated sector also includes free storage spaces? Like the abandoned terraforming platform in Corvus, right next to the independent base.
There'll be one (or two, if the number of inhabited planets + stations is 75 or more) abandoned station in each random sector, yeah.

I have no idea how alliances work... is the help guide up to date?
I looked at the alliance page and it was out of date in some places, so I've rectified the most obvious issues. Other than that, it should still be generally correct.

Hey I was wondering if there is an "observe" mode in nexerelin like in many paradox games where I just leave the game up and let time pass and see the results.
You could probably enter in the console:
InfiniteSupplies; Hide
then just let time pass in the game. (Set "Campaign 'speed up time' is a toggle" in settings menu to make it go faster)

Got a c2d, not sure if it's related to Nex but it happened during a defense of one of my planets from a Hegemony invasion fleet so I figured I'd post it here. 

Code
4646281 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager$O0.getLocation(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.computeEta(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.fillTasks(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.return(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.reassignPlayerShipsOnly(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.addTask(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.addTask(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.BaseBattleStrategy.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.BaseBattleStrategy.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.OoOO.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.AdmiralAI.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
4646397 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [faction_hegemony_encounter_02_hostile.ogg]
4646397 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [faction_hegemony_encounter_02_hostile.ogg]

This happened when I aided my star fortress against an invasion fleet, there were about 6 of them. When I won, I immediately engaged the remainders of the fleet, and the c2d happened.
Hmm, haven't seen that crash before (anywhere in Starsector). I've made a thread in the bug reports forum, thanks for the report!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 03:51:49 AM by Histidine »

Kyatzli

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: November 21, 2019, 02:22:53 PM »

Is there a way to buy or sell stuff in player-controlled colonies? I need some supplies but can't get any since I can't buy them from my own colony.

Damienov

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: November 21, 2019, 03:19:42 PM »

Is there a way to buy or sell stuff in player-controlled colonies? I need some supplies but can't get any since I can't buy them from my own colony.
you need to build a commerce first (takes 1 industry slot), then you'll be able to trade in your colonies.

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: November 21, 2019, 03:46:22 PM »

Thanks for the mod and for clearing up my concerns, Histidine. I was especially wondering about the free storage space in random sector, since I always tend to hoard my weapons in the terraforming platform in Corvus in regular sector playthroughs.

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: November 21, 2019, 03:54:42 PM »

you need to build a commerce first (takes 1 industry slot), then you'll be able to trade in your colonies.

Or if you just need supplies and fuel, you can build a Waystation. Doesn't let you sell stuff, and only allows you to buy supplies/fuel and whatever the colony produces, but doesn't cost an industry slot and improves accessibility, as well as being cheaper. Also the supplies will be cheaper, as it always sells at base price, eg. 100 per supply, 30 per fuel.

Kyatzli

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: November 21, 2019, 04:14:04 PM »

Or if you just need supplies and fuel, you can build a Waystation. Doesn't let you sell stuff, and only allows you to buy supplies/fuel and whatever the colony produces, but doesn't cost an industry slot and improves accessibility, as well as being cheaper. Also the supplies will be cheaper, as it always sells at base price, eg. 100 per supply, 30 per fuel.

Ah, alright - thanks!

Hoakin Blackforge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: November 23, 2019, 10:37:26 AM »

Is the mod highly demanding? My laptop is very crappy. 1.4gb 128mb video memory integrated graphics. and an AMD E2 7th gen (good at least).

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: November 24, 2019, 02:12:30 PM »

Is the mod highly demanding? My laptop is very crappy. 1.4gb 128mb video memory integrated graphics. and an AMD E2 7th gen (good at least).

This might be a bit too low ram to use mods.

morriganj

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: November 28, 2019, 11:17:23 AM »

Is it possible for this mod to increase the limits of items per batch of player construction, for example more than 50, 20, or 10 weapons per month? Is there a way I can edit the mod files to increase this limit myself? It would save so much micromanaging in the game.

NorthernWatch

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: November 29, 2019, 01:35:16 PM »

Hey Guys

I dont now if its a bug or its just me but I noticed that when I accepted a Conquest Takeover Mission to take control of enemy faction the mission is considered withdrawn and failed if I were to reload my save file after saving some point after accepting it

DifficultyTweak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: November 30, 2019, 09:37:48 AM »

Are there any plans on setting it so that you can choose your faction's alignments for diplomacy?

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: November 30, 2019, 05:55:46 PM »

There's an oddity with NPC colonization forces.

I attacked a TT colonization force right next to the colony, defeated it, and, since all it had left was a really miniscule transport and a couple frigates, I decided not to pursue them. Here's the thing, they still managed to colonize the planet, even though there is absolutely no possible way that the remaining ships could haul 1k crew and the other resources.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5g "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-12-01)
« Reply #2727 on: November 30, 2019, 08:15:45 PM »

Think this is the last set of bugs to squash, at least till next major release.

Nexerelin v0.9.5g
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
v0.9.5g
* Factions can colonize planets in their core systems
* Invasion fleets will defend target for 90 days once successful
* Vengeance fleets go home when non-hostile again (instead of requiring neutral or better relations)
* Vanilla market enhancer: Culann and Eochu Bres stations get alpha cores
* Tiandong: Can't buy Fort Macau governorship if it's under THI control
* Vanilla planet/station descriptions are modified when market is captured by another faction
    * Currently applied to Corvus system
* Agent local report shows potential income of non-player-owned planets
* Support for Adjusted Sector mod
* Bugfixes
    * Fix invasion fleets idly orbiting target if they arrive in system before player
    * Fix autonomous colony revenue not taking into account export income
    * Fix Starfarer mode income and growth penalties not applying until game load
    * Fix alliance intel falsely indicating some factions as having incompatible alignments
* Modding
    * Starting fleet types: Add "explorer" category (both small and large forms available)
    * rules.csv compatible with SafariJohn's Rules Tool
    * Markets can be set as non-buyable
    * Fix factions not obeying industry spawn mults
[close]

Is it possible for this mod to increase the limits of items per batch of player construction, for example more than 50, 20, or 10 weapons per month? Is there a way I can edit the mod files to increase this limit myself? It would save so much micromanaging in the game.
This isn't moddable, as far as I know. Someone could make a suggestion forum thread to raise or remove the cap.

Are there any plans on setting it so that you can choose your faction's alignments for diplomacy?
You can change it by changing the player faction's Nex config (data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/player.json). (This affects all ongoing games)
Although you shouldn't need to change it, the main effect it has is alliance restrictions and not having any alignments means the faction isn't affected by those. (The alliance intel config used to lie about alliance compatibilities, it's fixed now)

There's an oddity with NPC colonization forces.

I attacked a TT colonization force right next to the colony, defeated it, and, since all it had left was a really miniscule transport and a couple frigates, I decided not to pursue them. Here's the thing, they still managed to colonize the planet, even though there is absolutely no possible way that the remaining ships could haul 1k crew and the other resources.
Hmm, if it takes enough losses the colony expedition is supposed to be aborted. I might have to look into this.

FAX

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: December 01, 2019, 01:16:55 AM »

I have a question, can a function allow me to automatic pay the money to stop other factions' invade? It's too frequent since I open the brawl mode, extremely disturb me especially when I have a large number autonomy colonies ::)

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: December 01, 2019, 02:24:48 PM »

Another thing. I suggest removing the crew looting from defeated enemies. It brings tedium if you're already at full crew.

You have a battle, get the looting screen, select "take all", and, usually, if you are over cargo capacity, you can throw some metals right back out before exiting the looting screen. With crew, if it is over capacity, you cannot throw them out right away. You have to close the looting screen, then open the inventory once again just to send the crew you don't need into space.

I think the cons on this outweigh the pros, so, at least in my nex, I edited the crew looted to be 0.

Also. Upon invading Eventide, afterwards in the comm links, there's still this guy tagged "High Hegemon". A bit of an oddity to see a High Hegemon working on Eventide after it gets stuffed to the brim with AI cores.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 02:29:15 PM by xucthclu »
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 394