Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 394

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3000535 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5e "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-11-06)
« Reply #2700 on: November 12, 2019, 03:40:13 AM »

Include a copy of each of the files in your mod's folder, with the copy only containing entries for your mod (the vanilla factions etc. should remain in Nexerelin's master copy). When you run the game, the copies of the files in different mods will automatically merge.

(Edited the FAQ entry; the original wasn't clear on this point)

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: November 15, 2019, 12:08:02 PM »

i recently started a run with Nexerelin mod enabled and i've gotten the message that my admin cap increased because of my market size. i read on reddit that this is due to Nexerelin?

how much can it increase to and what are the tiers?

I_is_nublet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: November 15, 2019, 12:40:34 PM »

i recently started a run with Nexerelin mod enabled and i've gotten the message that my admin cap increased because of my market size. i read on reddit that this is due to Nexerelin?

I think it's like 10,30,50,80,125,180? (not sure on after). 1 admin per tier. With 1 admin per tier. Don't forget you can use alpha cores in place of admins too if you think it's "safe" and not count towards being an admin.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: November 15, 2019, 01:33:31 PM »

Thanks for the clarification on spawning points and faction capitals in the FAQ. I can also confirm regarding point one that you can skip importing:

Code

import exerelin.campaign.SectorManager;

- by checking if the vanilla sector exists first and returning out of the generation script if not. That was my duck-taped version of getting random mode to work with Archean Order. I still need to polish it in the sense that I think it still sometimes generates the custom systems though. Anyway, just figured I would make this info available.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.5f "Corporate Warfare" (fixes 2019-11-17)
« Reply #2704 on: November 17, 2019, 05:22:21 AM »

Update for compatibility with an upcoming release of Scy, and some more fixes.

Nexerelin v0.9.5f
Download

Changelog
Spoiler
v0.9.5f
* Limit invasion force size random variation to ±30%; reduce overall variation; halve effect of target station's officer
* Scy mod no longer disables Prism Freeport
* Fix faction bounties generally not paying out when they should
* Fix hidden markets being targeted for industry disruption missions, for real this time
* Hopefully fix invasion fleet AI behavior for good
* Fix reinforced defenses condition not expiring
* Fix new NPC colonies getting lobster pens
* Fix some interaction dialog stuff not updating on market transfer
[close]

1 admin upon reaching each of the following empire sizes:
10, 25, 50, 80, 120, 200, 300

puffzor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: November 17, 2019, 02:01:37 PM »

what does it mean "halve the effect of the target station officer"? Does that mean alpha cores slotted in star fortresses will be vulnerable to invasion fleets now?

Florian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: November 17, 2019, 03:36:28 PM »

Thanx  ;)

However, i guess i found a way to prevent abusive early invasions: harassing easy targets (fast pickets, convoys, planets without combat stations) while avoiding "armadas". Ennemy war weariness score goes up = they want peace = rep "almost" reset,  then everybody is happy.  8)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 03:38:34 PM by Florian »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2707 on: November 18, 2019, 06:37:08 AM »

what does it mean "halve the effect of the target station officer"? Does that mean alpha cores slotted in star fortresses will be vulnerable to invasion fleets now?
It reduces the effect of the station's officer on the estimated station strength for invasion/raid scaling.
(Previously it used 50% of the difference in the vanilla strength estimates between "take officer into account" and "don't take officer into account"; now it's 25%)

However, i guess i found a way to prevent abusive early invasions: harassing easy targets (fast pickets, convoys, planets without combat stations) while avoiding "armadas". Ennemy war weariness score goes up = they want peace = rep "almost" reset,  then everybody is happy.  8)
Ha, nice. Good guerrilla tactics there; fight where they're weak and evade where they're strong, till they give up and go home!

Smartfolk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: November 19, 2019, 03:14:52 PM »

Hey I was wondering if there is an "observe" mode in nexerelin like in many paradox games where I just leave the game up and let time pass and see the results.

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: November 19, 2019, 04:30:43 PM »

Hello. I'd like to start with well-deserved praise for this mod making Starsector a lot more replayable and entertaining. The different factions waging war against each other, conquering each others planets as well as making new colonies are all very welcome additions.

There is, however, one issue that I keep having. Whenever I get notifications about attempted invasions or raids, even after I prevent those by defeating the fleets, the notifications remain in my "Important" tab in the Intel screen, forever. This has been less annoying during a playthrough where I was having my own faction, however, during another one, where I had a commission, when I'd open my intel screen, and the "important" tab in particular, the entire map would be riddled with notifications about stuff that has been long, long dealt with and should not be cluttering my map. This is bothersome due to obstructing the view of actually currently relevant information or any contracts that I've accepted. Any idea how to deal with this?

Also, a question. I haven't messed with the randomly generated sectors yet, since I'm trying to prune out my current modded factions to keep just a few that seem worthwhile. Can anyone tell me if the randomly generated sector also includes free storage spaces? Like the abandoned terraforming platform in Corvus, right next to the independent base.

morriganj

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: November 19, 2019, 05:42:52 PM »

I have no idea how alliances work... is the help guide up to date?

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: November 19, 2019, 06:13:55 PM »

Hello. I'd like to start with well-deserved praise for this mod making Starsector a lot more replayable and entertaining. The different factions waging war against each other, conquering each others planets as well as making new colonies are all very welcome additions.

There is, however, one issue that I keep having. Whenever I get notifications about attempted invasions or raids, even after I prevent those by defeating the fleets, the notifications remain in my "Important" tab in the Intel screen, forever. This has been less annoying during a playthrough where I was having my own faction, however, during another one, where I had a commission, when I'd open my intel screen, and the "important" tab in particular, the entire map would be riddled with notifications about stuff that has been long, long dealt with and should not be cluttering my map. This is bothersome due to obstructing the view of actually currently relevant information or any contracts that I've accepted. Any idea how to deal with this?

Also, a question. I haven't messed with the randomly generated sectors yet, since I'm trying to prune out my current modded factions to keep just a few that seem worthwhile. Can anyone tell me if the randomly generated sector also includes free storage spaces? Like the abandoned terraforming platform in Corvus, right next to the independent base.

In the Intel screen, you can click on the gold ! mark in the top right of the entry on the left hand side. That removes the important flag, and you should no longer see it when you re-enter the important tab. I don't believe there is a way to do it to all of them at once, so it might take a while, but that should work for you.

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: November 20, 2019, 02:42:58 PM »

Well, that removes the notifications from the "Important" tab, but they do remain in the "Colony threats" screen, so my issue is half-solved. Shouldn't these things time out?

BringerofBabies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: November 20, 2019, 04:03:09 PM »

They should time out shortly after you clear their important status, but probably not until the next time all intel is updated (daily?).

puffzor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: November 20, 2019, 07:30:41 PM »

Got a c2d, not sure if it's related to Nex but it happened during a defense of one of my planets from a Hegemony invasion fleet so I figured I'd post it here. 

Code
4646281 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager$O0.getLocation(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.computeEta(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.fillTasks(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.return(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.reassignPlayerShipsOnly(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.addTask(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.addTask(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.BaseBattleStrategy.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.BaseBattleStrategy.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.OoOO.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.AdmiralAI.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
4646397 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [faction_hegemony_encounter_02_hostile.ogg]
4646397 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [faction_hegemony_encounter_02_hostile.ogg]

This happened when I aided my star fortress against an invasion fleet, there were about 6 of them. When I won, I immediately engaged the remainders of the fleet, and the c2d happened. 

Current modlist:
 "$$$_trailermoments",
  "Another Portrait Pack -ReWork-",
  "raccoonarms",
  "lw_autosave",
  "blackrock_driveyards",
  "aaCari UIl",
  "CombatAnalytics",
  "chatter",
  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
  "lw_radar",
  "lw_console",