Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3012866 times)

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.4c "Mambo No. 9" (fixes 2019-09-11)
« Reply #2565 on: September 26, 2019, 03:47:44 AM »

Speaking of that, another related issue is if a faction successfully invades and takes over one of your colonies, you can just go to that colony and re-invade, and you nulled the entire purpose of the enemy invasion.

The fix I propose, that isn't too intensive (like having defense fleets hover for a long time), is that the "invade" option in military options is faded out, and when you hover over it, it reads "it is impossible to raid this colony; the current leaders of the colony have heavily fortified it due to unrest in the local region, and local patrols are upgraded to deal with a possible retaliation by the original owners. The traffic and defenses will die down in 365 days").

I like the idea of somehow making re-invasions limited. Technically continued invasions and reinvasions are already bad for colonies because of stability but there are so many ways to fix instability it's not really an issue.

This fixes invasions not being a hassle at all, and makes spending money on a invasion fleet or invading the port of origin of the invasion fleet yourself a more preferable option than to just let your colony get taken over, since you will lose 12 months worth of income from it (and if it gives you 200k or more a month, thats a lot of income lost).

But isn't invading the port of origin of the invasion fleet already the most preferable option? It's way easier to just invade the invader's colony because their defense fleets are usually not even around anyway.

Thats why I use brawl mode.

Brawl mode creates huge offensive and defensive fleets, making it nearly impossible to stop an invasion, but also making it so your colonies don't have to just rely on its defense forces; they get backup defense fleets that help out on top of the usual patrols they get.

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: September 26, 2019, 04:04:14 AM »

I thought Brawl just made others more aggressive and I haven't been brave enough for that yet.

Okay then, this changes things. Next playthrough there will be brawl.

I mean, strong+ fleets in my current game are already pretty insane with 5 or more fleets and dozens of capitals but I guess you can always go harder.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: September 26, 2019, 04:33:42 AM »

Thats why I use brawl mode.

Brawl mode creates huge offensive and defensive fleets, making it nearly impossible to stop an invasion, but also making it so your colonies don't have to just rely on its defense forces; they get backup defense fleets that help out on top of the usual patrols they get.
What/where is brawl mode?

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: September 26, 2019, 04:48:55 AM »

I thought Brawl just made others more aggressive and I haven't been brave enough for that yet.
Okay then, this changes things. Next playthrough there will be brawl.
I mean, strong+ fleets in my current game are already pretty insane with 5 or more fleets and dozens of capitals but I guess you can always go harder.
I hope you will up the fleet size limit and the AI fleet size limit to smthing more reasonable 30 -> 45 as well. It's very synergistic with nexers brawl mode. It adds a bit to the strategic layer as most of your non "chunky" ships if fielded at the beginning will need to be called back even before half time, while still allowing for battle-sizes of more than 350 DP.       
What/where is brawl mode?
In nexerelins settings.json, be careful about the min max multipliers, i found a min of 1 and a max of 1.6 to be a good setting. They can be changed on the fly by editing the json file and restarting the game, this however does not apply to Invasions that are already visible in your Intel tab or are in Que.

@Histidine This is pretty futuristic talk ... but how are ship quality and ship quantity affected by higher Fleet size limits and what is the impact of multipliers like Heavy Industry's on this? In general i see more frigates with higher fleet limits, would an additional heavy industry turn those frigates into higher DP ships? Have you established a conditional weighing scheme(or a foundament for it) for AI Colonies in regards to which industries they should pursue as they grow? 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 05:11:59 AM by Hastur »
"The early worm catcheth the bird."

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2569 on: September 26, 2019, 06:50:30 AM »

Speaking of that, another related issue is if a faction successfully invades and takes over one of your colonies, you can just go to that colony and re-invade, and you nulled the entire purpose of the enemy invasion.

The fix I propose, that isn't too intensive (like having defense fleets hover for a long time), is that the "invade" option in military options is faded out, and when you hover over it, it reads "it is impossible to raid this colony; the current leaders of the colony have heavily fortified it due to unrest in the local region, and local patrols are upgraded to deal with a possible retaliation by the original owners. The traffic and defenses will die down in 365 days").

This fixes invasions not being a hassle at all, and makes spending money on a invasion fleet or invading the port of origin of the invasion fleet yourself a more preferable option than to just let your colony get taken over, since you will lose 12 months worth of income from it (and if it gives you 200k or more a month, thats a lot of income lost).
Magic "can't invade for a full year no matter what you have" rule sounds pretty absurd tbh.
I'll probably just make a successful invasion steal the player's cash (representing looted commodities) or somesuch, and make successful invasions apply the defender preparedness bonus (currently only failed ones do).

@Histidine This is pretty futuristic talk ... but how are ship quality and ship quantity affected by higher Fleet size limits and what is the impact of multipliers like Heavy Industry's on this? In general i see more frigates with higher fleet limits, would an additional heavy industry turn those frigates into higher DP ships?
Heavy industry doesn't affect ship size composition of the fleet at all, except insofar as having/not having heavy industry changes which ships are available.

Have you established a conditional weighing scheme(or a foundament for it) for AI Colonies in regards to which industries they should pursue as they grow? 
Yeah, next version it should try to make industries the faction doesn't have yet.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: September 26, 2019, 07:08:49 AM »

Do invasion fleets calculate from planetary strength, or opposed strength in the system?
Because I've had one world in a fortress system constantly successfully invaded any time I'm not there, but if I'm there they don't even make it to the planet in question.
(Also is there any way to defeat an invasion fleet if it is just planetary? Said planet is a size 10 with a fully upgraded patrol HQ, ground defences, star fortress and force shield but still keeps getting taken.)

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: September 26, 2019, 07:34:32 AM »

Magic "can't invade for a full year no matter what you have" rule sounds pretty absurd tbh.
I'll probably just make a successful invasion steal the player's cash (representing looted commodities) or somesuch, and make successful invasions apply the defender preparedness bonus (currently only failed ones do).
Cool, there should definitely be a lot more penalties to losing a colony and lot more ups for actually founding or capturing one, like maybe the fleet-size over the minimum 30 being determined by a function over the sum of market levels the player or the faction currently holds and some other "stuff" i guess. This would however require a split/drill of AI Fleet size to AI Fleet size per faction and a lot of method adaptations.   
Yeah, next version it should try to make industries the faction doesn't have yet.
That would be a cool fundament, considering that some faction mods add their own industries and hopefully also will be able to add custom resources with custom industry dependencies i petition that one could create profiles based on their own faction(lorewise) through which one could determine;
1) which Goods a faction hopes to archive a monopoly in.
2) which Goods a faction is willing to neglect to reach (1)
This would give grounds for additional triggers for disputes (1) and would lead to a more realistic faction dependency (2) where favorable and dis-favorable dispositions are impacted by actual economic concerns... bla bla ... bla. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 07:38:48 AM by Hastur »
"The early worm catcheth the bird."

CommandoDude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: September 26, 2019, 12:18:58 PM »

Since this mod adds more interactivity with stations, I was wondering.

Would it be possible to add an option to threaten a station if it refuses to trade with you? Like, Knock knock, its the player faction. With huge boats. With guns. Gunboats.

"OPEN THE STATION. STOP HAVING IT BE CLOSED."

Would be nice if you could stop silly AI from not being able to trade with your huge capital fleet.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 12:54:48 PM by CommandoDude »

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: September 26, 2019, 05:17:48 PM »

Well, abruptly changing a thing from "silently fails and ruins everything" to "will set you on fire and eat you alive" could have been better timed...
(although it needed to be done eventually, given that the issue was stealth-breaking something that affects other mods)

Fix for Prism NoClassDefFoundError bug

It's caused by the Fringe Defence Syndicate mod.

To fix it replace FDS/data/config/prism/prism_ships_blacklist.csv with this. Or open it yourself and change the first row from hull id to just id

Other mods may also have the same issue, but I haven't detected any that do, and I have most of them.

Thanks

Mytre

• Ensign
  • So i see you read this
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: September 26, 2019, 06:20:05 PM »

Well, abruptly changing a thing from "silently fails and ruins everything" to "will set you on fire and eat you alive" could have been better timed...
(although it needed to be done eventually, given that the issue was stealth-breaking something that affects other mods)

Fix for Prism NoClassDefFoundError bug

It's caused by the Fringe Defence Syndicate mod.

To fix it replace FDS/data/config/prism/prism_ships_blacklist.csv with this. Or open it yourself and change the first row from hull id to just id

Other mods may also have the same issue, but I haven't detected any that do, and I have most of them.

Thanks

Also thanks, came here looking to what mod could cause this issue.

DerpFaceCake

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: September 28, 2019, 09:39:21 PM »

I seem to have a problem with spawning in factions to colonise. When i use the command spawnrespawnfleet it says "unable to spawn fleet" and when i open nex config in the console and toggle "Allow respawn for factions currently not present" to true, the next time i check its been set back to false. I have set the respawn limit to unlimited so i do not know how to introduce new factions.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2576 on: September 29, 2019, 04:09:23 AM »

If anyone is having a crash with LocalResourcesSubmarketPlugin in the error message, this .jar fixes it. Place in Nexerelin/jars

I seem to have a problem with spawning in factions to colonise. When i use the command spawnrespawnfleet it says "unable to spawn fleet" and when i open nex config in the console and toggle "Allow respawn for factions currently not present" to true, the next time i check its been set back to false. I have set the respawn limit to unlimited so i do not know how to introduce new factions.
Seems there were a couple of bugs in it:
- The reconfig screen's "Allow respawn for factions not currently present" setting was defaulting to the opposite state of the one currently set (i.e. if it was currently allowing respawn of absent factions, the setting in the dialog would be set to false). It was setting the correct value when the player clicks Done, at least.
- The console command can try to respawn the player faction, which the rest of the code doesn't allow.
- Not technically a bug, but the console command also wasn't clear on what it was doing.

(Also the respawn can only target hostile factions, so if the faction doesn't have any enemies it won't respawn. I'll have to implement something for that scenario.)

Well, fixed the bugs and clarified the console messages for next version, thanks!
In the meantime, if you have a specific faction you want to respawn, you can enter its faction ID with the command, e.g. spawnrespawnfleet persean

Do invasion fleets calculate from planetary strength, or opposed strength in the system?
Because I've had one world in a fortress system constantly successfully invaded any time I'm not there, but if I'm there they don't even make it to the planet in question.
(Also is there any way to defeat an invasion fleet if it is just planetary? Said planet is a size 10 with a fully upgraded patrol HQ, ground defences, star fortress and force shield but still keeps getting taken.)
The autoresolve has two stages: simulated battle against system patrols + target's defense station (and sometimes also other fleets that happen to be in-system), and ground action against the target's ground defenses.

The second stage works similar to player invasions, with each invasion fleet having an abstracted load of marines (set when the invasion intel item is generated, based on how much force it thinks it needs to overcome the defenses).
Don't ask me how the first stage is calculated, because I have no idea. (it does use the size of the fleets involved, and also ship and officer quality)

A planet with max defenses should be pretty much untakeable. Although it sounds like you don't have Heavy Batteries? That upgrade is a 50% increase to total defense strength, so you should get it. Also try to make sure your stability is maxed out for even more defense.
If your planet is still getting taken when you think it shouldn't be, you could upload the save and I'll take a look at it.

Danijellino

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: September 29, 2019, 04:40:08 AM »

First of all i wanna say this is an absolutely lit mod. Having crazy much fun with it. So thanks.

But i recently updated a few mods and now i keep crashing to desktop with the Error Message: "Fatal: Could not initialize class exerelin.campaign.submarkets.PrismMarket Chechk starsector.log for more info."

I was wondering if you or anyone else could help me with that.

Caiaphas_Cain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: September 29, 2019, 11:23:54 AM »

Sorry, but does anyone know what you're supposed to do with high-value prisoners? I have maybe half a dozen in cold storage at the moment and I can't find the option to trade them with my enemies.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: September 29, 2019, 12:42:24 PM »

@Histidine

some small suggestions for the starting setup menus
Faction settings menu when random generation enabled

A. enable all / disable all factions
 (this will help setup games faster)
B. add counters (how many factions are disabled , total count of all factions)
 (that would help to orient in what was setup)
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 396