Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013242 times)

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.3b (fixes 2019-08-17)
« Reply #2415 on: September 01, 2019, 11:17:39 AM »

Something tells me that nex 0.9.4 will be big.
"The early worm catcheth the bird."

Volfgarix

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: September 01, 2019, 01:38:41 PM »

Started playing with this mod recently.
Any chances to make factions to rush to help their destabilized markets? Due to all these raids it gets even easier to make money just trucking in stuff. And something about war AI as well, they do not seem to care about retaking their lost planets (Yama and Kazeron just switched their owners and nobody cares about that).
A behavior for factions to scavenge larger stuff from their battles would make sense as well. I got a few Dominators and lots of supplies for free just because I happened to be in Askonia when Luddic Church attacked it.
I like the change in tariffs, helps making profits from markets having excess of goods.
Mining is OP exp-wise.

Edit:
At Sector generation options, the maximum inhabited planets number (and maybe other stuff) maybe hidden if screen is too small.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 02:17:09 PM by Volfgarix »

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: September 02, 2019, 02:06:52 AM »

Another observation - any faction that loses it's homeworld is instantly fugged.

Since you need heavy industry/orbital works to produce decent starships, and since factions do not build a new one if they loose it, they are stuck using small, trash ships and get wiped out.
I say this is pratially an issue with vanilla and the way industries work and are limited, but it should be possible to code in a faction building a new orbital works/heavy industry (either by scraping an existing industry or by ignoring the limit) or colonizing a new world that would be suitable for that.

You can change it by expanding faction use of imported ships. But there is also problem with quality of ships - cut from their own shipyard most ships will be DModed as hell.
If only there were some facilities that increase quality of ships outside of orbital works. Some minor ship restoring/scavenging operations(not scaled with planetary population) that produce some hulls and improve quality also would be nice.

Hmm... I have to edit the faction file for every faction to do that.
It still doesn't change the fact that factions leave their planets underutilized (empty industry slots) and don't adapt at all

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: September 02, 2019, 06:57:52 AM »

Derelict Empire is kinda broken.

Reason being that its the EASIEST start because Derelict Empire gives you a bunch of developed planets without any investments and all you have to do is get 1 Capital and you can capture them all.

Drones in general are weak and only succeed in numbers. But the highest level of ship they produce is Ramparts, which are Cruiser level. Once you get at least one Capital, you can essentially steamroll the Derelict Empire and take all their pre-settled worlds because they never spawn the Motherships in their fleets (which is their version of a Capital) despite it being a blueprint you can get from raiding their planets.

If they actually spawned Capitals, the Derelict Empire would last longer against both the player and the other factions.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2419 on: September 03, 2019, 04:36:20 AM »

Any chances to make factions to rush to help their destabilized markets? Due to all these raids it gets even easier to make money just trucking in stuff.
Possibly I'll make factions stabilize their own markets, yeah. Would be nice to reduce decivilizations.
Although that won't fix the free money problem, that will usually require speed-undisrupting the spaceport (in which case people are going to wonder why the player can't do the same thing, so I'd need to work that out as well).

And something about war AI as well, they do not seem to care about retaking their lost planets (Yama and Kazeron just switched their owners and nobody cares about that).
They do weigh previously-held markets higher for invasions, but it's only 4x more. I could increase this a bit (although too high and invasions become too predictable).
Well, let's go ahead and try 5x for the next release.

(Also there's a bug where factions are supposed to hate other factions holding their planets and be more likely to declare war on them, but this is currently broken)

Mining is OP exp-wise.
What, still? Well, I'll reduce it further if others also think it remains a problem.

Edit:
At Sector generation options, the maximum inhabited planets number (and maybe other stuff) maybe hidden if screen is too small.
Yeah, fixed for next release :) (by moving stuff to a different menu)

Reason being that its the EASIEST start because Derelict Empire gives you a bunch of developed planets without any investments and all you have to do is get 1 Capital and you can capture them all.

Drones in general are weak and only succeed in numbers. But the highest level of ship they produce is Ramparts, which are Cruiser level. Once you get at least one Capital, you can essentially steamroll the Derelict Empire and take all their pre-settled worlds because they never spawn the Motherships in their fleets (which is their version of a Capital) despite it being a blueprint you can get from raiding their planets.

If they actually spawned Capitals, the Derelict Empire would last longer against both the player and the other factions.
I've seen a Derelict patrol have a Guardian once, so it does spawn capitals sometimes (probably not frequently enough, but I'm afraid of what effects it'll have on "normal" derelicts if I mess with it right now). Mothership wouldn't help, it's honestly as much of a joke in combat as smaller Derelicts.

Although either way, the stations rather than the fleets should be the main factor keeping the player from overrunning the Sector immediately. Which... isn't enough once you get a decent capital, yeah. Well, that's a broader balance problem that I may find a solution for in the future.

Agile

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: September 03, 2019, 06:56:58 AM »

Any chances to make factions to rush to help their destabilized markets? Due to all these raids it gets even easier to make money just trucking in stuff.
Possibly I'll make factions stabilize their own markets, yeah. Would be nice to reduce decivilizations.
Although that won't fix the free money problem, that will usually require speed-undisrupting the spaceport (in which case people are going to wonder why the player can't do the same thing, so I'd need to work that out as well).

And something about war AI as well, they do not seem to care about retaking their lost planets (Yama and Kazeron just switched their owners and nobody cares about that).
They do weigh previously-held markets higher for invasions, but it's only 4x more. I could increase this a bit (although too high and invasions become too predictable).
Well, let's go ahead and try 5x for the next release.

(Also there's a bug where factions are supposed to hate other factions holding their planets and be more likely to declare war on them, but this is currently broken)

Mining is OP exp-wise.
What, still? Well, I'll reduce it further if others also think it remains a problem.

Edit:
Yeah, fixed for next release :) (by moving stuff to a different menu)

I've seen a Derelict patrol have a Guardian once, so it does spawn capitals sometimes (probably not frequently enough, but I'm afraid of what effects it'll have on "normal" derelicts if I mess with it right now). Mothership wouldn't help, it's honestly as much of a joke in combat as smaller Derelicts.

Although either way, the stations rather than the fleets should be the main factor keeping the player from overrunning the Sector immediately. Which... isn't enough once you get a decent capital, yeah. Well, that's a broader balance problem that I may find a solution for in the future.

The player can already stabilize their markets for a hefty price tag, depending on Colony Level, but it doesn't stabilize it back to 10; it puts it to around 2-3 stability. So its plausible that, after a certain time window (so you can go to a destabilized faction planet and do the "I can solve that problem for you" diplomacy option) the planet is stabilized by itself. The balance problem is people raiding Orbital Work planets and waiting for them to de-stabilize this way then rinse and repeating, but thats already solved by Vengence Fleets mechanic.

asdlkj1z

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: September 03, 2019, 07:44:20 AM »

I made this account because I want to thank you for doing such an amazing job. This mod has tremendously increased my enjoyment of Starsector. I'm sure many others feel the same.

Have you considered opening up a Patreon?

Also, I have a few questions regarding gameplay.
1). Will my own faction periodically target Panther & Pirate bases like the major AI factions? If not, is there a setting I can modify to make it so? I would rather not have to drop loads of creds everytime to order an invasion fleet.
2). I read somewhere that being friendly+ with Pirates will remove raids and reduce the stability penalty to 0. Is this true? Is so does this also apply to the Luddic Path?
3). When changing json settings regarding Diplomacy Frequency, should I increase or decrease the value if I want less diplomacy overall?
4). Is there a way to affect the frequency of cease-fires & peace-treaties? I feel like the current version of Nexerelin is constantly embroiled in war.

Thanks again. I hope everything is well

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: September 03, 2019, 09:15:22 AM »

I made this account because I want to thank you for doing such an amazing job. This mod has tremendously increased my enjoyment of Starsector. I'm sure many others feel the same.

Yah, Histidine best man
1). Will my own faction periodically target Panther & Pirate bases like the major AI factions? If not, is there a setting I can modify to make it so? I would rather not have to drop loads of creds everytime to order an invasion fleet.

Code

"followersAgents": false, # does player faction use agents on its own? (default false)
"followersDiplomacy": true, # does player faction participate in diplomacy on its own? (default true)
"followersInvasions": false, # does player faction launch invasions on its own? (default false)
Starsector\mods\Nexerelin\exerelin_config.json Number 3 could solve that or it could make your life miserable or both
2). I read somewhere that being friendly+ with Pirates will remove raids and reduce the stability penalty to 0. Is this true? Is so does this also apply to the Luddic Path?
3). When changing json settings regarding Diplomacy Frequency, should I increase or decrease the value if I want less diplomacy overall?
4). Is there a way to affect the frequency of cease-fires & peace-treaties? I feel like the current version of Nexerelin is constantly embroiled in war.

2. Pirates mostly yep, Luddic dunno
3. "eventFrequency":10,  should be +F +E but not sure
4. "warWearinessDivisor" "warWearinessCeasefireReduction" and "warWearinessPeaceTreatyReduction" in exerelin config seem to be your best bet

random

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: September 03, 2019, 10:15:57 AM »

Hello, I think I found a bug to report so:

Some faction in allience with Tri-Tachyon declared war on my colony (but never attack, not that I mind), but when they tried to make peace Try-Tachyon voted "No" so the cold war continues.
But what really bothers me is that Try-Tachyon is friendly with my faction, so why do they want me dead?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: September 03, 2019, 10:31:38 AM »

Hello, I think I found a bug to report so:

Some faction in allience with Tri-Tachyon declared war on my colony (but never attack, not that I mind), but when they tried to make peace Try-Tachyon voted "No" so the cold war continues.
But what really bothers me is that Try-Tachyon is friendly with my faction, so why do they want me dead?

LoL, well what are friends best at ? At stabbing you in the back obviously. Did HMI declare war on you while not being Hostile ? 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 10:35:48 AM by Hastur »

random

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: September 03, 2019, 10:45:36 AM »

LoL, well what are friends best at ? At stabbing you in the back obviously. Did HMI declare war on you while not being Hostile ? 

Well yes, they declared war because of a couple of bad rolls (diplomacy events aka drama).
Now they want to stop but Tri-tech people are pressuring them into fighting me (they still don't want to fight tho)

Edit: Are Tri-tech just a bunch of sadistic *** who want to see their underlings fight?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 10:47:09 AM by random »

Ambient

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: September 03, 2019, 02:50:55 PM »

Is there a way to mod the amount of governed colonies by the player? I cant find enough Alpha cores or freelance admins around.

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: September 03, 2019, 02:55:07 PM »

Is there a way to mod the amount of governed colonies by the player? I cant find enough Alpha cores or freelance admins around.

Spoiler
Code
"baseMaxOutposts":4,
"baseMaxAdmins":4,
"colonyOverMaxPenalty":2,

settings.json 205 - 207
[close]
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 04:10:22 PM by Hastur »

Ambient

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: September 03, 2019, 03:58:42 PM »

Code
"baseMaxOutposts":4,
"baseMaxAdmins":4,
"colonyOverMaxPenalty":2,

settings.json 205 - 207
Which file in particular does this need to be edited in? I don't want to break everything

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: September 03, 2019, 04:06:47 PM »

Which file in particular does this need to be edited in? I don't want to break everything
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 04:10:00 PM by Hastur »
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 396