Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3012973 times)

Davido

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.3b (fixes 2019-08-17)
« Reply #2400 on: August 28, 2019, 10:09:26 PM »

Love this mod. Would love some option so that you can spend money and make peace or send dyplomatic missions to other faction. Anyway, with this mod galaxy feels far more alive. Great job.

Kibawan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: August 29, 2019, 12:14:45 AM »

Love this mod. Would love some option so that you can spend money and make peace or send dyplomatic missions to other faction. Anyway, with this mod galaxy feels far more alive. Great job.

Direct Diplomatic Option, is not implemented yet. But u can spend money to make peace with a faction by hiring a "Agent" and use him to Raise or Lower Relations, beyond the montlhy wage, you pay about 40k cr. per mission, a level 2 agent has about 60% chance of sucess in a Raise Relation, higher level agents have more. You can hire agents on the bar, and you send them on missions in the Intel tab. Just look for "Agents" tab bellow the map.

timn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: August 29, 2019, 05:03:10 PM »

Is there an option to disable allied victory conditions? I've been digging through the files and haven't found anything. I had the Luddic Church unexpectedly win a game just by knocking out TriTachyon after some alliance shuffling I wasn't paying close attention to. I'd like to be able to avoid that without having to micromanage faction relations.

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: August 30, 2019, 01:18:52 AM »

Yo Histidine,

What is the limiting factor to the number of constellations (not taking sector canvas size into account) ? I've been browsing through the javs in star api and Nex and can't pinpoint what exactly keeps my 200k x 200k sector from not feeling desolate (tumbleweed_tumbling.jpg).

... sob... sob... halp

edit:
I think i found the origin of my misery.
int count = 100;

« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 03:10:13 AM by Amorphis »
"The early worm catcheth the bird."

Apox

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: August 30, 2019, 02:38:36 AM »

Is there a guide somewhere for the features of this mod?

I really like it, but I have no idea how to make alliances and what else I can do in this mod. Also no clue how spies work.

Can anyone point me to a guide or video explaining it?

Thank you!

Warmasta

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: August 30, 2019, 03:54:21 AM »

hey, I was wondering if Heavy Armaments would ever be given a purpose other than trade goods. Maybe giving a bonus to invasion strength? The way I see it, Combat Mechs and Tanks would be very helpful in an invasion or occupation, but due to logistics would not be worth deploying in a raid. This would give a believable use to a commodity that has no purpose otherwise and will (I believe) give just a little more depth to the game.
I hope my suggestion is considered, and I hope @hidistine sees this

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2406 on: August 30, 2019, 05:07:33 AM »

"assign them a score based on local conditions and distance" is vague. Are the factions needs factored in the planet selection?
Not at present. I might code something for that (and industry construction) at some point.

(It's been low priority since NPC factions can generally import everything they need, at no cost)

Is there an option to disable allied victory conditions?
There isn't such an option currently, although I may add one soon.
As a workaround: you can make the game state no longer meet the victory conditions, then use the ResetVictory console command to "undo" the allied victory so to speak.

hey, I was wondering if Heavy Armaments would ever be given a purpose other than trade goods. Maybe giving a bonus to invasion strength? The way I see it, Combat Mechs and Tanks would be very helpful in an invasion or occupation, but due to logistics would not be worth deploying in a raid. This would give a believable use to a commodity that has no purpose otherwise and will (I believe) give just a little more depth to the game.
I've had this very idea in the past, actually! Added to the todo list.

Yo Histidine,

What is the limiting factor to the number of constellations (not taking sector canvas size into account) ? I've been browsing through the javs in star api and Nex and can't pinpoint what exactly keeps my 200k x 200k sector from not feeling desolate (tumbleweed_tumbling.jpg).

... sob... sob... halp

edit:
I think i found the origin of my misery.
int count = 100;

Yeah, if you've made it that far, you probably know more about that part of the sector generation than I do... Sorry!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 05:14:05 AM by Histidine »

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: August 30, 2019, 06:46:53 AM »

Yeah, if you've made it that far, you probably know more about that part of the sector generation than I do... Sorry!

Don't fret my friend ... and behold the creation of an abomination
"sectorWidth":264000, "sectorHeight":224000, same Seed

Original Stargen maxed at 100 Constas

No fancy graphics Original

Modified 180 Constas max

No fancy graphics modified

Ah, sweet sweet 10 fps while looking at the Sector map ... marvelous

I manually edited starfarer.api.jar (compiled a new version of SectorProcGen.class and just replaced this one with the one in the jar) doesn't work for me as a mod though dunno why. Could anyone have a look at that or a suggestion to make it work as a mod ?

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: August 30, 2019, 08:20:27 AM »

Would be easier to put into the game id imagine, since the very above would require it to be put in similar to the system that AI core hand ins work under.

this seems like a really cool idea. And while you can't associate surveys with specific worlds, you could make handing in surveys decrease the colonisation timer for the faction, so handing in a lot of surveys gets a faction colonizing faster.

But you CAN pick a random world from the list of worlds you surveyed.

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: August 30, 2019, 04:01:45 PM »

Is something missing? I was looking to make my mod compatible with other factions and noticed in the faction.csv file that a faction called rebal.faction doesn't exist anywhere that I have been able to find. Is there something wrong somewhere?

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: August 31, 2019, 02:44:04 AM »

Another observation - any faction that loses it's homeworld is instantly fugged.

Since you need heavy industry/orbital works to produce decent starships, and since factions do not build a new one if they loose it, they are stuck using small, trash ships and get wiped out.
I say this is pratially an issue with vanilla and the way industries work and are limited, but it should be possible to code in a faction building a new orbital works/heavy industry (either by scraping an existing industry or by ignoring the limit) or colonizing a new world that would be suitable for that.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2411 on: August 31, 2019, 08:00:47 AM »

I manually edited starfarer.api.jar (compiled a new version of SectorProcGen.class and just replaced this one with the one in the jar) doesn't work for me as a mod though dunno why. Could anyone have a look at that or a suggestion to make it work as a mod ?
You can't override vanilla classes directly. In this case, your mod should have a settings.json with something like the following table:

Code: json
"plugins":{
"newGameSectorProcGen":"my.package.MySectorProcGen",
},

Is something missing? I was looking to make my mod compatible with other factions and noticed in the faction.csv file that a faction called rebal.faction doesn't exist anywhere that I have been able to find. Is there something wrong somewhere?
Rebel faction isn't used (it's from the old version of the mod called Exerelin).

Would be easier to put into the game id imagine, since the very above would require it to be put in similar to the system that AI core hand ins work under.

this seems like a really cool idea. And while you can't associate surveys with specific worlds, you could make handing in surveys decrease the colonisation timer for the faction, so handing in a lot of surveys gets a faction colonizing faster.

But you CAN pick a random world from the list of worlds you surveyed.
Y'know, this sort of thing is what I mean by 'simulated just enough to be obviously unrealistic'.

"If you sell survey data the faction will know it and be able to colonize that planet"
"Okay, so I can sell all the survey data except for the planet I've decided I want?"
"no"
"..."

(The speeding up next colony expedition thing on the other hand might work, since it's more abstracted. I might implement that further down the road.)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 08:02:54 AM by Histidine »

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: August 31, 2019, 09:38:30 AM »

There is a way around it, but it's more involved.

Sell survey data from the special actions menu, were you will get the list of known/surveyed planets (and can thus select). Remove the appropriate number of survey cargo items, and remove "sold" planets from the list.

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: August 31, 2019, 12:02:46 PM »

You can't override vanilla classes directly. In this case, your mod should have a settings.json with something like the following table:

Muchas gracias senior,
I found that out just an hour ago while making unreasonable changes to core settings.json and nex configs.   
This boards char set supp is depressing but anyways, here for your troubles [$(5)$] don't spend it all at once ;)

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: August 31, 2019, 05:47:17 PM »

Another observation - any faction that loses it's homeworld is instantly fugged.

Since you need heavy industry/orbital works to produce decent starships, and since factions do not build a new one if they loose it, they are stuck using small, trash ships and get wiped out.
I say this is pratially an issue with vanilla and the way industries work and are limited, but it should be possible to code in a faction building a new orbital works/heavy industry (either by scraping an existing industry or by ignoring the limit) or colonizing a new world that would be suitable for that.

You can change it by expanding faction use of imported ships. But there is also problem with quality of ships - cut from their own shipyard most ships will be DModed as hell.
If only there were some facilities that increase quality of ships outside of orbital works. Some minor ship restoring/scavenging operations(not scaled with planetary population) that produce some hulls and improve quality also would be nice.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 396