Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013320 times)

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin v0.9.1g "Double-Zero Agent" (update 2019-05-26)
« Reply #2130 on: June 03, 2019, 05:40:30 AM »

The player sometime can't fight the invasion fleet, because too strong. Some of use like it hard with a universe where you are a long long way from having overall fleet superiority!  :)

Plus dropping marines or anything (like going to the base commander, spending some resources/money) that boost defense is also useful when you are not there when the invasion happen.

More generally, I understand that econ update will reset the slate, so probably you should add a parameter to colonies which is the ground garrison, that acts as a bonus to the overall ground defense. This ground garrison value can be boosted by various means if you spend resources, and only dwindle away very slowly.

Again, having a tool the player can use to bolster the defense of several colonies (some that could be 20 LY apart!) would be great. Being at the right place at the right moment with a fleet powerful enough is not the answer to that, my humble opinion for a 4X oriented mod!

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: June 03, 2019, 04:23:37 PM »

Thanks very much Histidine for creating an immediate remedy!  I look forward to downloading.

If I start a new game with Nexerelin v0.9.1g, would I be able to add the new Nex version into an existing game?  (it will be awhile before I've got a big huge fleet ready to invade systems).

Regarding having supporting fleet hang out with battlestations...could be a few chefs cooking in that kitchen.  Here what Tartiflette said in my humble thread to suggest a dedicated fleet for a defensive orbital:

Actually I was thinking about making a mod that would have added a new "Garrison" defense structure to effectively do just that yesterday...

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2132 on: June 05, 2019, 06:45:26 AM »

If I start a new game with Nexerelin v0.9.1g, would I be able to add the new Nex version into an existing game?  (it will be awhile before I've got a big huge fleet ready to invade systems).
I expect it'll be reverse compatible, yeah. (I try not to break it unless I have to, although I don't specifically test for this so bugs may slip through)

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: June 06, 2019, 06:07:13 AM »

I was wondering if the fleets generated where tied to the faction strength or the one of the station they originate? Is killing a retaliation fleet doing something against the faction on the medium to long term? Can I cripple a faction fleet by destroying their fleets, or they will anyway be spontaneously be recreated from thin air (or space void energy) a few days later?

That's the point I'm not too clear about about the '4X' aspect of the mod. Does it tries to simulate the overall industrial power and shipyards of a faction or this is as in vanilla, i.e fleets and ships get generated from nothing and periodically.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2134 on: June 07, 2019, 11:57:43 PM »

I was wondering if the fleets generated where tied to the faction strength or the one of the station they originate? Is killing a retaliation fleet doing something against the faction on the medium to long term? Can I cripple a faction fleet by destroying their fleets, or they will anyway be spontaneously be recreated from thin air (or space void energy) a few days later?

That's the point I'm not too clear about about the '4X' aspect of the mod. Does it tries to simulate the overall industrial power and shipyards of a faction or this is as in vanilla, i.e fleets and ships get generated from nothing and periodically.
Most fleets come from thin air.
The invasion/raid fleets use a simple economic calculation. The invasion counter accumulation is based on the planet's available supplies, marines and ship hulls commodities, with bonuses for on-planet production and (to a lesser extent) same-faction imports. So if you disrupt the faction's heavy industry, that greatly slows their invasion/raid frequency*, in addition to the vanilla effects of ruining their ship quality.

*does not apply to "revenge" spawning of invasion fleets

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: June 09, 2019, 09:34:50 AM »

Some of the factions I have in my game (Diable and DME specifically) don't ever generate bounty missions even though they have planets.  Is that an issue with those mods, or is it something else?  I'm not sure where to start digging here.

*edit*
It might be this, I did a random gen:
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9175.msg196931#msg196931
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 11:15:01 AM by Nick XR »

Inhilicon

• Lieutenant
  • I like when the ship
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: June 13, 2019, 06:20:33 PM »

Hi, I'm new here and I really like the game as well as this mod. But I'm having a small issue; my tooltips are flickering constantly since the addition of this mod. Changing tooltip delay didn't help. I also looked through the mod troubleshooting guide. If it's been asked and answered a hundred times, I'm sorry in advance.

But wat do?

EDIT: the problem has mysteriously disappeared. I believe alt-tabbing is the culprit. Victory achieved.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 01:59:38 AM by dota 2 nerd »

Teta

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: June 15, 2019, 04:33:28 AM »

Hi, I am observing a recurring feature that troubles the AI: Sometimes, Jump Points are generated too close to a sun (some colonies too), which has the AI being too cautious to actually fly into it (or the stellar corona), and since they also do not switch to the other Fringe Points available, they keep piling up nearby, flying in circles without every daring to leave the system.

Since Most fleets linger in inhabited systems (for this effect to be observable), which in this case are the "Random Core Worlds" generated by Nex, I wanted to ask if Nex actually changes the ProcGen towards this effect, or if it is a vanilla thing.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2138 on: June 16, 2019, 12:17:16 AM »

Nex doesn't modify that part of things, no.

I think the issue is probably not too critical since the fleets will become abstracted (and thus not be blocked by terrain) when the player leaves, but it may be worth a thread in the bug report subforum.
(Or I could try modifying the proc gen code in Nex if it's really bad)

Teta

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: June 16, 2019, 02:13:00 PM »

I noticed the same happening in the very Syndria System today (that central Jump Point is quite close to their red star too). Probably the AI has become more cautious about Coronas in general. Thank you for the insight, so leaving the system helps them find their way. :)

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: June 17, 2019, 12:14:45 PM »

Oh I would dream of Nexerelin allowing us to create patrol fleets of our own design and ships around our colonies (or colonies of allies in fact!). 4X at its best!

Aedarin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: June 18, 2019, 03:21:35 PM »

I just wanted to drop and and say you guys are doing God's work with this mod, keep it up! I played SS for maybe 5 hours before looking for a way to make it more dynamic, and I have neither started nor played a single game without your mod since. Not even to bug test the other mods - if she glitches, then I glitch with her.

I really enjoy the underdog challenge some of the starts offer, my favorite is the Luddic Path, second favorite is Pirate. I really appreciate that you allow us to start at lvl 16 with some coin so we don't have to grind out the very early part again and again and again. The only issue I have is that LP ships are super hard to find and even worse to restore - and that's with SWP and Luddic Enhancement. Totally worth it though. Same thing with the Falcon (P). I wish there was more to the Pathers in the game to be honest. They seem like an interesting side.

One thing I would like to suggest is maybe allowing the player to build secret bases with limited function, similar to LP and Pirates. Maybe storage with limited crew, supplies and fuel available over time to represent one's 'followers' procuring things for the cause. At least no industry or commerce that would draw attention to it. If you have a commission with the LP or Pirates they could then raid from your base/carry out holy vengeance. That way you can seed the galaxy with sleeper cells while you take advantage of the chaos...

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: June 18, 2019, 10:05:33 PM »

Yeah being able to create an orbital station anywhere would be nice, if only to store fuel and supply.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2143 on: June 19, 2019, 04:43:42 AM »

Glad you like it!

On the stations: Pather/pirate style stations (or even just "abandoned station" type supply depots) for the player sounds interesting, will need to think over the design details later. Made a note.

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: June 19, 2019, 09:27:27 PM »

What's the next big thing for Nexerelin? Player-created patrol fleets? Space Monsters? More side quests?
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 396