Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014929 times)

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Nexerelin v0.9.1c "Double-Zero Agent" (update 2019-03-07)
« Reply #2040 on: March 08, 2019, 10:14:20 AM »

Is it really possible to win the game with a owned faction? Since every colony, including stations, requires an governor, the player's own faction can only control some 8 markets before suffering mismanagement penalty(stability decrease), which virtually keeps me from capturing more markets, no matter how powerful my fleet is!
p.s. It's also a bit weird that AI factions' markets cannot grow in size ,while the player's can.

you could always bomb the colony to hell and get it de civilized.
Spoiler
[close]

Also: I'm looking for a command to spawn a stable location or those arrays directly. anyone can help.
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 10:16:37 AM by Chronosfear »
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

Dostya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: March 08, 2019, 01:24:41 PM »

Is it really possible to win the game with a owned faction? Since every colony, including stations, requires an governor, the player's own faction can only control some 8 markets before suffering mismanagement penalty(stability decrease), which virtually keeps me from capturing more markets, no matter how powerful my fleet is!
p.s. It's also a bit weird that AI factions' markets cannot grow in size ,while the player's can.
1. Human Administrators - the cap increases with faction size in Nexerelin, they range from 'okay' to 'not great'

2. Alpha Core administrators - as many as you have alpha cores, though you can't uninstall them after a period of time.

3. Editing settings.json in nexerelin's data/config folder and the base game's to increase the colony cap

Either/or, whatever works for you.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2042 on: March 08, 2019, 05:59:28 PM »

you could always bomb the colony to hell and get it de civilized.
Spoiler
[close]
1. Human Administrators - the cap increases with faction size in Nexerelin, they range from 'okay' to 'not great'

2. Alpha Core administrators - as many as you have alpha cores, though you can't uninstall them after a period of time.

3. Editing settings.json in nexerelin's data/config folder and the base game's to increase the colony cap

Either/or, whatever works for you.
Also if this doesn't conflict with your goals, you can talk to the base commander to transfer a market to independents (this is a good idea for unprofitable planets regardless).

Maybe in the future, I (or Alex, when he gets around to implementing conquest) will think of a good way to handle surplus markets.

Also: I'm looking for a command to spawn a stable location or those arrays directly. anyone can help.
Thanks in advance.
See here

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: March 09, 2019, 01:51:33 AM »

Thanks in advance.
See here
[/quote]

Thank you.

Also this looks like a bug. both events happened at the same time
Spoiler

or can they make peace against the will of the alliance they are in?
[close]
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: March 09, 2019, 02:42:39 AM »

Also if this doesn't conflict with your goals, you can talk to the base commander to transfer a market to independents (this is a good idea for unprofitable planets regardless).

Maybe in the future, I (or Alex, when he gets around to implementing conquest) will think of a good way to handle surplus markets.
The "drop off to independents" is what I do right now. For me an ideal solution would have been to have a new spawnable faction like the 0.8 "followers" (playerfactionname_autonomous_colonies). Basically a faction that is auto-allied and locked to +100 relations with you, but does not directly lead to runaway income or micromanagement.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: March 09, 2019, 05:04:20 AM »

Quick update to fix the cell infiltration crashes, and fix or at least bandaid a couple of issues.
Thanks again for the feedback Hussar! I hope to devise some good solutions in the future.

No problem. I'd say there's still plenty of ways to abuse 'em but since you're planning on overhaul post 0.9.1 - I'll see how this pans out. I'm free to talk about it tho if you had any ideas.

Code
* Agent fixes/improvements
    * Security alert level actually relevant now (decrement interval 15 -> 30 days, decrement amount 25% -> 5%)

This is a really good change. I was wondering about the alert decay values. Still, once we got an agent leveled up that ain't a big issue.

I'm actually pro-actively colonize planets that are habitable but not that great. Bump 'em to size 5, set up with gamma cores on infrastructure and set off as independent markets that actually make money. It's helpful in many ways. Through networking it raises the accessibility of all colonies (mine and "independent"), also provides additional revenue and backup supplies sources if anything was to happen.

And Alex is considering some way of "letting the markets go". But till he posts something up, we won't know is he coming through with any idea.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 05:15:09 AM by Hussar »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2046 on: March 09, 2019, 11:15:00 PM »

Also this looks like a bug. both events happened at the same time
Spoiler

or can they make peace against the will of the alliance they are in?
[close]
Sort of. The order of operations is that the individual factions declare war/make peace first, then the alliance votes on whether to do the same thing.
If the vote passes, factions which vote no can also "defy" the action and refuse to do it, but this is rare outside certain circumstances*.

*Specifically, factions will refuse to declare war on a faction they're Friendly or better with

Hague

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: March 11, 2019, 06:09:36 PM »

1. Administrators - the cap increases with faction size in Nexerelin, they range from 'okay' to 'not great'

I would definitely appreciate administrators more if they leveled up.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: March 11, 2019, 11:44:12 PM »

I'm not sure if Histidine can do anything about administrators.
Is there (or will there be) a way to increase number of agents you can have? At the moment I can't have more than two and I have no idea if I can somehow get more. No skill references them, either.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: March 12, 2019, 02:05:03 AM »

Hey Histidine, is it possible to add Base Strike to Kadur Remnant faction? Varya has his faction spawn those random base that working like pirate in the base game.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: March 12, 2019, 04:05:19 AM »

I'm not sure if Histidine can do anything about administrators.
Is there (or will there be) a way to increase number of agents you can have? At the moment I can't have more than two and I have no idea if I can somehow get more. No skill references them, either.

You can have 3 - check the Command & Control perk. Also Agents are still SUPER STRONG even after the latest nerf - so I'm not totally sure that having more than 3 is a good idea. Unless they'll start dying in failed missions but that doesn't seem to be a case for now.

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: March 12, 2019, 09:29:14 AM »

Hey Histidine, is it possible to add Base Strike to Kadur Remnant faction? Varya has his faction spawn those random base that working like pirate in the base game.

If there's a hook for this that I can implement on my end, let me know.
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2052 on: March 13, 2019, 05:08:45 AM »

Currently it needs me to add handling for each hidden-base-intel Java class to the menu code. (This wouldn't be necessary if vanilla provided a DestructibleBaseIntel class or somesuch that everyone extended, but no such class exists)

Anyway I'll add base strike targeting of Kadur bases later.

Hague

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: March 16, 2019, 08:27:25 AM »

A nice feature you might be able to add to Agents is the ability for them to do some local interactions at a market for you. For instance: recruiting administrators or officers, requesting alliances, or releasing a market to another faction.

A more advanced idea I had was that agents could buy/sell goods for you by request from/to a market they were in. They would need the 5k credits to open a storage slot in which to to put resources. This would be a "legal" way to generate a resource shortage in a market or even to remotely move resources to/from your own colonies' storage and resource supplies.

angrytigerp

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: March 20, 2019, 11:49:16 AM »

Can anyone guide me on building a random-gen sector with only one station or colony per sector? I'm trying to play a game where I don't have to ally-by-necessity and/or conquer whoever happens to spawn in my sector, but I think I keep messing up something about the gen options that confuses the game.

I'll do something like "30 populated Systems", goal of "15 populated Planets" and "15 populated Stations", set 1 colonized planet per system, and the last option (planets OR stations per system) to 2, to allow some systems to have a random station just to spread stuff out.

I might be messing up the numbers, but all I know is I spent like 20 minutes crashing and restarting till I dialed in something that worked, which ended up with me in a system with a Junk Pirate base and Tri-Tach with a planet, and me owning the planet (I think I just kicked down number of colonies, although I could be wrong -- I didn't write down exactly what I had).

Anyways, short version: does anyone have values for a one, MAYBE (but not always) 2 colonies/stations per system sector generation? I just want to own a system without having to waste money buying Marines to conquer the random faction Nex sticks with me.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 396