Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013559 times)

hkmist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Nexerelin v0.9b "War, War Never Changes" (RC2 hotfix 2019-01-21)
« Reply #1935 on: January 21, 2019, 11:09:28 AM »

Just meet a Lv2 pirate hit-fleet and wander how large a Lv3 one will be.

https://imgur.com/a/XoyuWgf

I suppose I am partly responsible by setting max ship in fleet to 60 but i am sure this is the largest single fleet I had see.

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
  • Give more then you take.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: January 22, 2019, 04:51:11 AM »

Are invasions of pather and pirate bases that are normally destroyed by the player fleet when attacked, not intended to destroy them?

I'm just curious if I have a mod conflict or something on that line.

E: I love being able to call invasions 'tho. This is the good stuff.
Bio engineering starship mods is extremely Safe. I did the math.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1937 on: January 22, 2019, 05:27:07 AM »

Why Pathers still sabotage my colonies if i start as Luddic Path raider?
You have drifted off the right path with you populated colonies and industries.
Pretty much
(The real reason is that the vanilla Pather cell code would require more work to replace than I wanted to deal with at the time. Future versions will add a way to remove cells, so there's that.)

Are invasions of pather and pirate bases that are normally destroyed by the player fleet when attacked, not intended to destroy them?

I'm just curious if I have a mod conflict or something on that line.
Could you explain more? You shouldn't be able to invade the Pather/pirate bases, either personally or using the fleet request menu. The "base strike" fleets are specifically there to kill the bases; there was a bug in 0.9 that kept them from doing this sometimes, but it's fixed in 0.9b.

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: January 22, 2019, 08:22:29 AM »

The "base strike" fleets are specifically there to kill the bases; there was a bug in 0.9 that kept them from doing this sometimes, but it's fixed in 0.9b.

Sounds like you squashed what my problem was! If i see it happen again in the new version ill try to snip the part of the stream and link you.

Recklessimpulse

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: January 22, 2019, 08:35:59 AM »

Just won a diplo victory, only 11k orphans made which in the grand scheme of things with peace in the sector at stake is probably pretty low!

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: January 22, 2019, 02:28:46 PM »

Yup! My issue is gone. This is so good! Really helps me focus more on the exploring or bounty hunting or warring aspects while my fleets deal with insignificant pirate lairs that I swat without breaking a sweat.

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: January 22, 2019, 10:32:02 PM »

So how does war wariness coupled with cease fire/peace treaty relation change work? Right now in my latest game more and more factions are slowing ending up at war with me since they are trigger happy on anyone with a suspicious rep or worse and the diplomacy events very easily set you into suspicious. I'm wondering if going on the offensive to bleed them into surrender will reset relations enough to get a lasting peace with them if I beat them hard enough or if I will only dig myself deeper and have everyone forever vengeful.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1942 on: January 23, 2019, 07:19:46 AM »

So how does war wariness coupled with cease fire/peace treaty relation change work? Right now in my latest game more and more factions are slowing ending up at war with me since they are trigger happy on anyone with a suspicious rep or worse and the diplomacy events very easily set you into suspicious. I'm wondering if going on the offensive to bleed them into surrender will reset relations enough to get a lasting peace with them if I beat them hard enough or if I will only dig myself deeper and have everyone forever vengeful.
Weariness accumulates over time when a faction is at war, and also whenever the faction loses ships in battle or gets its colonies raided or bombarded, or its invasion or raid fails. (Weariness doesn't increase from losing markets; I forget if this is deliberate to e.g. model revanchism)
When a faction's war weariness gets high enough, it'll try to ceasefire/sign a peace treaty with one of its enemies; this reduces both parties' weariness. So you can try to make a faction sue for peace by hitting it hard enough, yes. The faction they make peace with may not be you, though!
(Also the other faction needs to have a minimum amount of weariness as well)

In a later Nex version I'll make it so other factions will offer ceasefires/peace treaties with the player and you can specifically choose whether to accept or not.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: January 23, 2019, 07:22:24 AM »

When I trade a prisoner for money, I'm getting a $prisonervalue line displayed instead of the actual value. I still get the money though so it's not a big deal.

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: January 23, 2019, 09:59:41 AM »

I'm having a bizarrely fun time in my streamed run of OM/PI in trying to be firmly neutral in my dealings and then getting frustrated when my company *** up a trade deal and oh boy -50/100! I better trade them something nice before they go to war and ruin my profits!

Its... really different from just throwing behind a faction or deciding to be a warmonger. :D

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: January 24, 2019, 03:28:44 PM »

Speaking of the bizarre, I've seen some unusual things happening with the new faction raids. (Or at least I think the raids are new - either that or I just didn't notice the factions raiding before because they were too busy launching invasions instead...)

The first scenario involved a fleet that I decided to follow because they flew right by me on their way to raiding the Hegemony (who really disliked me at the time). I tailed them all the way to their target system where they promptly jumped in, declared the raid a failure, jumped back out, and flew home. At first, I thought maybe there was a massive fleet that intercepted them on the other side, so I traveled backwards in time (i.e. reloaded the last save) and jumped ahead of them to clear the way. There were no hostile ships this time though, and a few seconds later the raid fleet jumped in, immediately declared the raid a failure again, and jumped back out as I sat there shaking my head. My only explanation is that maybe the fleet I followed was a straggler and the rest of the raid force arrived days earlier and got crushed before we even got a chance to help.

The second scenario involved a raid launched by a very unexpected faction:
Spoiler
the Remnants!?!
[close]
I was way out in the far reaches of the sector at the time, so I missed the raid, but I did stumble upon the retreating force after they too failed to raid the evil Hegemony. I somehow managed to dodge the scary fleets (plural!) as they flew past, and discretely tailed them back to a nearby system with a warning beacon. I didn't follow, having already learned in a previous life that the system in question is the special "challenge" system generated by the Tyrador Safeguard Coalition mod. I'm not sure if it's intentional that this particular faction can launch raids (or if it's somehow a side effect of this particular system), but it certainly caught me by surprise...

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: January 25, 2019, 12:38:44 AM »

Hey there, Histidine, crossposting from over here in the ORA thread.

I seem to have had an oopsie, ORA stations in my settled system have broken. Traveling to an ORA station to interact with it results in this instead. Initially all is okay, however, attempting to invade throws an error. Examining the colony again results in something new, but now the only option is to have the game commit non-existence. Alternatively, simply hovering the mouse over one of these stations crashes the game with the following error. And it appears hostilities with the ORA means eventually one of my fleets will interact with a station, also crashing the game.

Code
1470738 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.DefaultFleetInflater.inflate(DefaultFleetInflater.java:258)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.inflateIfNeeded(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.C$2.if.float(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.C$2.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.C.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: January 28, 2019, 10:22:55 AM »

Would it be a nightmare to add "random spawning weights" as an addition to turning the default ones off? It'd be nice to see some traditionally larger factions start off small and war their way to the top.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: January 29, 2019, 08:01:33 AM »

Found 2 new problems on you mod:

1. When i put on blueprint trade window(Prism Freeport) some new for me blueprints and use right click on them blueprints disappeared(it`s ok). But when i return to my inventory this blueprints has return as duplicate blueprints.

2. Remnants in Remnants Raids not a true Remnants. They not give AI cores, they can retreat in battle, battle with them have special points(ECM, Nav and Com). Why and how?
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: January 30, 2019, 04:06:00 PM »

How does invasion scaling work? It seems no matter how large and well defended I make a colony the invasions seem to scale up in size enough to require personal intervention, since I'm always at war with half the factions my very valuable colonies are under constant threat of being conquered or stab killed and right now I'm afraid I'll lose a size 9 from having to deal with another doom invasion right after killing another with significant losses. Is it possible to implement a limit to how much you can be raided/invaded in a single year like what alex is planning for 0.9.1?
Also I'm told that vanilla expeditions can be disrupted by raiding the space port at the organizing market, could the same be done for nex invasions and raids?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 05:50:09 PM by Spess Mahren »
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 396