Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 398

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3043317 times)

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Nexerelin v0.8.4z2: 0.9 beta (+minor hotfix 2019-01-13)
« Reply #1920 on: January 19, 2019, 06:12:32 PM »

Been playing around with this, and it seems that the NPC planets don't ever seem to grow, they get a population indicator to 100% but never actually move up a population category
(i.e size 3 colony never becomes size 4 colony)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 09:59:15 PM by medikohl »
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: January 19, 2019, 11:05:02 PM »

I could make the player faction not auto-invade anyone (only raid), and let the player buy NPC invasion fleets through the new fleet request dialog if they want one. This could be a quite significant nerf to the player faction, but I don't know whether that's actually a bad thing.
Any objections?

Would it be possible to make it so you can prioritize where to hit next or tell them to stop invade altogether?

hkmist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: January 20, 2019, 12:40:45 AM »

A option in the setting file to toggle auto-invade/raid/no aggressive is good and it is always better with a in-game option menu. :P

And talking about nerf, I think the player faction in Nexerelin is at a really strange position, it is almost full auto like other npc faction and player have to take hit on its decision, sometime I feel they are making more trouble(faction relation/penalty of holding more market that you can/inability of self defense) than the benefit they bring, unless you are in a late game stage which you don't need to explore and can hold off a very strong invade yourself.  So I don't think taking out the auto-invade is a nerf at all.

If the fleet request function can do something like remote order npc fleet to invade/raid, than the auto-invade function should be gone. it is better to let player have full control on those thing.

And some questions
What resource(Credit or invasion point) will be use to call a fleet on the fleet request function? 

Will spy and agent came back? some way to control relation is good.

Can Nexerelin modify the Colony Management skill to increase the number of administrator player can employ?

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: January 20, 2019, 02:21:43 AM »

Second, is there a way in-game to prevent your faction from invading other planets? Usually they target undesirable/random planets and I would like for it to stop. Is there a way to edit my faction outside the game to prevent this assuming there is no in-game option?
As far as I know, no way to stop your faction, but it costs you nothing so is not a problem. If they take a market you don't like, just transfer it off to either your comissioned factions, independents, or pirates (if doing a pirate run).
I could make the player faction not auto-invade anyone (only raid), and let the player buy NPC invasion fleets through the new fleet request dialog if they want one. This could be a quite significant nerf to the player faction, but I don't know whether that's actually a bad thing.
Any objections?

As mentionned by others, what resource will be used to call invasions? Money alone is not a good idea as it becomes abundant in late-game.

The one thing which does seem to scale properly and is logical is the monthly limit on custom production (which I think is tied to ho how much heavy industry you you have). Could this mechanic be used? say if your monthly cap of production is 100k, you get say 100 mothly Fleet points worth of invasion size, so after 3 months you can spawn a 300 size fleet?

Regarding v0.8.5 beta, I assume it breaks saves?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1924 on: January 20, 2019, 03:32:33 AM »

I don't feel like a dialog to toggle auto-invasions is worthwhile at present. I'll just add a config option for now.

Right now fleet requests will just use credits. Tying it to industrial production might be neat though, I might do that in a future version; thanks for the idea!

Will spy and agent came back? some way to control relation is good.
Soon™*

*not actually soon

Can Nexerelin modify the Colony Management skill to increase the number of administrator player can employ?
It could, but I don't plan on messing with that right now.

My idea is to increase the administrator cap with total empire size; e.g. when the sizes of all your markets adds up to 5, you gain +1 admin cap, at 12 you gain another +1, then at 20, etc.

Regarding v0.8.5 beta, I assume it breaks saves?
It shouldn't, and no-one has reported their save being broken yet :)

Been playing around with this, and it seems that the NPC planets don't ever seem to grow, they get a population indicator to 100% but never actually move up a population category
(i.e size 3 colony never becomes size 4 colony)
Yeah, NPC markets don't size up currently. I feel like doing this under normal circumstances would mess with the normal Sector's economy and planet/station lore bits too much.

Although when NPC colonies are introduced they'll have population growth (probably only up to size 5 though)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9a] Nexerelin v0.9 "War, War Never Changes" (update 2019-01-20)
« Reply #1925 on: January 20, 2019, 04:52:35 AM »

This is the first official, non-beta release for Starsector 0.9. Hooray!
Now hopefully, that's the last dev work I'll have to do on this mod for a long time.

Should be compatible with all save games last saved with v0.8.4z2 or later.

Nexerelin v0.9
Download

Spoiler
[close]

Changelog
Code
v0.9
* Invasion task forces capped at 2k FP
* Invasion fleets don't drop marines when killed
* Player faction does not launch invasions or raids on its own by default (can be changed in config)
* Mining fleets can have partially filled cargo on spawn (to simulate them having existed for a while)
* Stabilization package effect defined in config
* Remove obsolete alliance list dialog option
* Fix base strike event crash
* Fix legacy covert ops manager still being added to game
* Fix aquaculture procgen

v0.8.5
* Add fleet request dialog
* Invasion improvements
    * Stability penalty halving for failed invasion applied after -5 cap
    * Invasions won't increase recent unrest beyond -10
    * If player is commissioned with a pirate faction, player colonies won't get invaded except where normal pirate markets could be invaded
    * Fleet sizes obey faction doctrine
    * Super-sized invasion fleets are now only 50% bigger instead of 100%
    * Invasion points required 12000 -> 18000
    * Invasion points accumulate more slowly the more invasions are ongoing
    * Invasion points per player level 1 -> 0.5, economy mult 0.3 -> 0.5
    * Reduce strength of, unrandomize invasion size scaling that tries to match fleet size mults of defender markets
    * Marines per invasion fleet capped at 2,500
    * Fix improper autoresolve strength calculation
* Add faction raid fleets
* Market capture reputation rebalance
    * Base gain from capture now size-2 (was size)
    * Gain from capture halved for pirate factions and Templars
    * Andrada option rep penalty now 5*size (was 4*size)
* Being hit by raids/bombardments and failing in invasions/raids increases war weariness
* Markets can be transferred to destroyed/non-spawned playable factions
* NPC factions will build appropriate industries on a market captured/received from player
* Adjust Prism stock handling
* Higher export value for domestic and luxury goods, lower for drugs
* Stats tracker includes markets raided and bombarded
* Fix vengeance fleet sizing, spawning
* Fix Prism Freeport hang on trying to trade
* Fix null error in comm link

OneRaven

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Nexerelin v0.9 "War, War Never Changes" (update 2019-01-20)
« Reply #1926 on: January 20, 2019, 04:08:41 PM »

Would it be possible to make the number of inhabited planets per randomly generated core system a config-adjustable value? The random core generation seems to favor creating systems with 4+ inhabited planets/stations, often belonging to different factions, which results in constant trade disruption and rapid decivilization. Even with the number of inhabited systems set equal to the number of inhabited planets, the randomly generated core contained mostly systems with at least 3 different factions. Just being able to limit the number of different factions in a system would help prevent totally unstable configurations from generating.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.9a] Nexerelin v0.9b "War, War Never Changes" (RC2 hotfix 2019-01-21)
« Reply #1927 on: January 20, 2019, 10:24:54 PM »

Would it be possible to make the number of inhabited planets per randomly generated core system a config-adjustable value?
Ask and ye shall receive

(I didn't actually do this update just for the setup option, but anyway, here it is)

Nexerelin v0.9b
Download

Spoiler
[close]

Changelog
Code
v0.9b
* Fleet request improvements
    * Fixed NPEs, erroneous strength display
    * Display intel item on launch, even when outside of comm relay range
    * Nicer GUI
* Base strike mission: Fix base kill sometimes not working properly; adjust autoresolve time
* Random sector: Setup dialog options for max populated planets, stations per system
* Fix blueprint trader stock refresh cooldown being reset after purchase
* Adjust raid intel bullet points
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 04:13:19 AM by Histidine »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1928 on: January 21, 2019, 04:14:13 AM »

Replaced the download links with the RC2 hotfix version, which makes tooltips for invasion fleet request targets display the ground defense strength again.

EDIT: Reuploaded with the actually fixed version
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 04:17:26 AM by Histidine »

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: January 21, 2019, 05:21:20 AM »

How do you actually request fleets? Which dialog is it under?

Bishi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: January 21, 2019, 06:06:49 AM »

Unsure if this is a new Nex bug - started a new game and the first warning beacon i find I enter the system and I see this: https://snag.gy/3e2agy.jpg (empty blade breaker fleets, LOTS of them around POIs). Also it was an exceptionally large system (11 planets) https://snag.gy/HDJMAQ.jpg
It happened twice more in that system around derelict kite shuttles, I didnt encounter any actual enemies.
Do you need the seed? I'm not sure how to get that.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1931 on: January 21, 2019, 06:31:52 AM »

How do you actually request fleets? Which dialog is it under?
Press Z while in campaign map (key can be changed in config, but you'll have to look up the key numbers somewhere)

Unsure if this is a new Nex bug - started a new game and the first warning beacon i find I enter the system and I see this: https://snag.gy/3e2agy.jpg (empty blade breaker fleets, LOTS of them around POIs). Also it was an exceptionally large system (11 planets) https://snag.gy/HDJMAQ.jpg
It happened twice more in that system around derelict kite shuttles, I didnt encounter any actual enemies.
Do you need the seed? I'm not sure how to get that.
Hmm, think that's an obscure bug with the type of (vanilla) fleet generator script that BBs use. A similar issue with Remnants was reported here

Seed (and modlist, and starting faction + options if you still have them) might be good, although a save might be even better. Seed is in Character tab (where you unlock skills), bottom right of the screen.

Bishi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: January 21, 2019, 07:15:09 AM »

EDIT: In that save I can see a similar thing is happening to SAD fleets and Remnant so it is not limited to BB (although Ninth Battlegroup seemed OK)
I started a new game with the same seed and same settings and the fleets seem to have generated properly this time? (using devmode to find warning beacon galaxies)
Manage to replicate the issue again on a new game spawning as Lanestate with a different seed.

EDIT2: After lots of testing I'm pretty sure it was the Vesperon Combine mod and not Nexerelin, sorry. - http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=14915.msg242918#msg242918

Seed: MN-77370515567613364
Faction: Tri-Tachyon
Options: Random Core, Prism, Starfarer, others at defaults

Save: http://www.filedropper.com/savepiggery3877972267064235278

Mods (all latest versions):
Active-Gates
Arsenal Expansion 1.5.3b
Artefact
Audio Plus
Autosave
Celestial Mount Circle
Combat Chatter
CombatAnalytics
Common Radar
Console Commands
Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering
DIABLEAVIONICS
DisassembleReassemble_v1.6.4
Extratential Lanestate Union
Fix Empty Planets
Foundation Of Borken
GraphicsLib
JP_RC
Kadur Remnant
LazyLib
Leading Pip
Legacy of Arkgneisis
Lightshow
MagicLib
Mayasuran Navy
Neutrino corp
Nexerelin
ORA
Safety Override mod
SanguinaryAnarchisticDefectors
Save Transfer
SCY
Shadowyards
SkilledUp
SpeedUp
Stop Gap Measure
sylphon
tahlan
trailermoments
transponder-reminders
Tyrador Safeguard Coalition
Underworld
UnknownSkies
UpgradedRotaryWeapons
Version Checker
vesperon-1.1.0
WeaponArcs
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 10:51:21 AM by Bishi »

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: January 21, 2019, 08:12:35 AM »

Why Pathers still sabotage my colonies if i start as Luddic Path raider?
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: January 21, 2019, 08:57:26 AM »

Why Pathers still sabotage my colonies if i start as Luddic Path raider?
You have drifted off the right path with you populated colonies and industries.

But seriously, pather random whackamole is annoying.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 398