Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3012808 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.4b "War and Peace" (update 2018-09-30)
« Reply #1770 on: September 29, 2018, 09:34:33 PM »

Nexerelin v0.8.4b
Download

Changelog
Code
v0.8.4b
* Rebellions don't end if faction stops being hostile to sponsor, unless market is captured
    * This fixes issue where player-started rebellions could end instantly
* Market transfer increases diplomacy disposition in recent event category
* New game creation
    * Core systems in random sector have more variation in nebulae
    * Allow multiple starting fleets for a given type
    * Blade Breaker Deserter can be picked by random start
    * Luddic Path start tagged as hard
* Add OpenNexConfig console command
* Much more useful SpawnInvasionFleet and SpawnRespawnFleet console commands
* Modding: Custom stations in random sector can be clamped to certain market sizes
* Fixes
    * Fix Blade Breaker Deserters having market in random sector
    * Procgen cleans up most Blade Breaker assets
    * Fix crash when trying to remove Eos Exodus in random sector when Antioch is enabled
    * Fix market being transferable multiple times
    * Attempt to fix autoresolve handling of ships with modules

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: October 03, 2018, 08:05:50 PM »

So I think i've encountered a bug, not sure if it is due to vanilla nex or the combination of nex and Borken, but it has to do with your faction making peace with a faction where you are mid-capture of their market.

I was capturing a BRDY market and it completed as my faction (SCY) made peace with them. The following completion screen was titled "Not an acceptable invasion target" with the only option being a greyed out "Deploy PCR" that did nothing from the borken mod. I had no way to get out of this window, from buttons to esc to console commands, and was forced to alt+f4 the game.

As this requires a very precise timing I was unable to replicate it as I dont know how to force a faction to make peace with another on command when mid invasion.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: October 29, 2018, 10:07:49 PM »

So, after having played Nexerelin for some time, I decided to go and Instigate a Rebellion.  After a few weeks when I remembered I'd done so, I went back to look for first the starting time, then when I couldn't find that, if the the event had ended.  5 minutes of searching later I found it.  Turns out it's this fairly inconspicuous two-toned star that I never expected would even relate to a rebellion.

With that in mind, as well as the sheer number of events happening within the sector (there's about a dozen diplomacy events every minute) I think it's time to redesign some of the event icons.  All of Nexerelin's events should get grouped into a number of categories - those pertaining to public diplomacy (so things like war protests or donations), agent and saboteur actions (boosting relations, destroying response fleets, and the like) and war actions (deploying an invasion fleet, pirate pillaging, rebellions, and the like).  Each should have it's own distinctive color palette and designs to make telling what these are at a glance easier.  For example, capturing a station might use this icon, a white fist on a red background using the same pallette as the war declaration icon:
as opposed to the war declaration icon
You can tell this is war event at a quick glance, as well as see that a station was captured by some faction, without having to read the text.  Might make the intel screen a bit easier on the eyes. :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:14:07 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

wmss

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: November 01, 2018, 08:17:50 AM »

I've decided to try playing as the Path a bit, and I think I've encountered a few issues:

1) The most glaring one is that other Pathers still "ask" you for a tithe despite you being one of them. If you're silly enough to turn your transponder on for any reason chances are you'll either be saddled with several fines, one from each Pather fleet that can see you, or you'll be forced to fight for your life. This is actually fairly gamebreaking, for obvious reasons.

2) I still have no idea if the black market is legal to use or not. I can dock to the Pather homeworld without my transponder on, but I have also been stopped by their ships for smuggling (although this may be because I accidentally sold some harvested organs to them). It would make sense if it was legal, and it would make sense if it was illegal. I feel like this needs further clarification.

3) Their open markets accept stuff that should be illegal, like the aforementioned organs.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: November 01, 2018, 10:18:44 AM »

3) Their open markets accept stuff that should be illegal, like the aforementioned organs.
That's because most Pather bases are "Free Ports", meaning no restrictions on what you can sell on the Open Market from my last check.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

wmss

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: November 02, 2018, 05:28:56 PM »

That's because most Pather bases are "Free Ports", meaning no restrictions on what you can sell on the Open Market from my last check.

Ah okay, I didn't think to check. However, the tithing issue still stands. I've had to give up playing them, as refusing one tithe made them permanently hostile to me and caused them to kick me out. For now it seems they aren't very playable (unless I did something to provoke them into asking me for a tithe, but that isn't very clear).

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1776 on: November 02, 2018, 10:36:37 PM »

@The Soldier: Good call, thanks for the feedback and the icon! I want to see how the intel UI has been revised in 0.9 before doing anything here though.

1) The most glaring one is that other Pathers still "ask" you for a tithe despite you being one of them. If you're silly enough to turn your transponder on for any reason chances are you'll either be saddled with several fines, one from each Pather fleet that can see you, or you'll be forced to fight for your life. This is actually fairly gamebreaking, for obvious reasons.
Ah, found the problem. I'll probably fix it for next release; in the meantime you can open Starsector's base rules.csv (in /starsector-core/data/campaign/ on Windows) and edit the LPTitheCheck row (row 159):

Code: txt
$faction.id == luddic_path score:100
RepIsAtWorst $faction.id HOSTILE
[b]RepIsAtBest $faction.id INHOSPITABLE[/b]
!$LP_tithePaid
!$LP_titheAskedFor
$relativeStrength >= 0
LPTitheCalc

The bolded line will make the Path not demand a tithe if you're suspicious or better with them.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 10:44:32 PM by Histidine »

wmss

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: November 03, 2018, 01:41:41 AM »

@The Soldier: Good call, thanks for the feedback and the icon! I want to see how the intel UI has been revised in 0.9 before doing anything here though.

Ah, found the problem. I'll probably fix it for next release; in the meantime you can open Starsector's base rules.csv (in /starsector-core/data/campaign/ on Windows) and edit the LPTitheCheck row (row 159):

Code: txt
$faction.id == luddic_path score:100
RepIsAtWorst $faction.id HOSTILE
[b]RepIsAtBest $faction.id INHOSPITABLE[/b]
!$LP_tithePaid
!$LP_titheAskedFor
$relativeStrength >= 0
LPTitheCalc

The bolded line will make the Path not demand a tithe if you're suspicious or better with them.

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick. Interesting that Alex would make it impossible to coexist with the Path in vanilla as well; seems like that should be an option if for some reason you feel like grinding Pather rep.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: November 08, 2018, 01:04:21 PM »

Can we have an additional mode. Maybe make it a callback to the old Exelerelin where you had a fleet start your first planet.. I miss that mode

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: November 12, 2018, 11:49:36 AM »

Can we have an additional mode. Maybe make it a callback to the old Exelerelin where you had a fleet start your first planet.. I miss that mode
Hehe. I remember getting jumped by another faction once and ending up with starting 2 planets with the loot. Good times.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

Elijah

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: November 19, 2018, 10:27:04 AM »

Really looking forward to see the magic that @Histidine will do with this new release!  ;D ;D ;D

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: November 19, 2018, 12:20:34 PM »

Don't reveal spoilers if you don't want to spoil late game, its really cool stuff and I don't want to ruin your 1 year wait for this update :)

I think this one is going to take some time... so many things from nexerelin are now part of the base game and I thing the market owner sections are most likely going to need him to rewrite the whole thing :3

I wonder what he will do with colony management if he will add new types of markets like terraforming buildings so we could terraform astronomical bodies if they are desertic to earth-like worlds or jungle worlds.  Colonized planets would have to use a layer like the
Spoiler
planetary shield
[close]
that basically loses transparency over time and becomes opaque so that a desert planet slowly tansitions to a earth-like using the same texture found in the planetary textures folder. It could be done now that alex actually added the
Spoiler
red planet which once you remove the shield it reveals the planet underneath
[close]
without altering the whole world gen. It would be really cool but the issue is that this is most likely going to be thrown aside since is never been done and honestly it would be a shame if this wasn't made now that we could do something like that. Terraforming should be in the game and we could add planet shades or mirrors that we would need to build in order to stabilize a planet's atmosphere.

All the textures are already in the game and the code that would allow this is already in the game other than the logic forthe different elements like: how many shades or mirrors would a planet need to be fully stabalized (insufficient numbers would basically prevent reaching 100% habitable or desired conditions but would get partly there), a new item that needs to be bought that would need to be shipped in massive quantities like ice, volatiles and organics (ice canons like in penelop's star would be sufficient for ice and volitiles) and lasty a custom placement code so that once terraforming starts, stable orbit spots would show up so the player could build space installations at a really big cost.

I am not expecting this to be added histidine, all I am doing is giving you ideas and its your mod after all. It would just be cool to see this added since battlestations and other stuff like that arent needed anymore.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 12:24:00 PM by Mealstrom »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1782 on: November 19, 2018, 08:12:54 PM »

The mod hasn't been updated for Starsector 0.9a yet, so unless you're playing the older version of SS it's not going to work.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: November 19, 2018, 09:02:27 PM »

lol, someone REALLY doesn't read xD

erikem

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: November 20, 2018, 09:53:55 AM »

The mod hasn't been updated for Starsector 0.9a yet
BTW should we expect 0.9a version anytime soon?
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 396