Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014397 times)

enigma74

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.3g "Battle Stations!" (hotfix 2018-08-06)
« Reply #1755 on: September 07, 2018, 10:28:52 AM »

What is a synergy hardpoint?  The harbinger has 3 medium synergy hardpoints in plain Nexerelin with no other mods.  Does it amplify damage done when I use the ship's entropy amplifier? Or does it do something else?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1756 on: September 07, 2018, 10:30:56 AM »

What is a synergy hardpoint?  The harbinger has 3 medium synergy hardpoints in plain Nexerelin with no other mods.  Does it amplify damage done when I use the ship's entropy amplifier? Or does it do something else?
Synergy mounts can fit both energy and missile weapons. The other corresponding mount types are hybrid (ballistic + energy) and composite (ballistic + missile).

(This is all vanilla stuff BTW, Nex doesn't touch it)

enigma74

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: September 07, 2018, 02:00:11 PM »

Sweet, thanks! I had no idea vanilla added these mount types.

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
« Reply #1758 on: September 07, 2018, 06:54:21 PM »

Question: Do followers controlled defense fleets paid for by the player to defend their planet have a set time before they return to base and despawn? If so, what files can I mess around with to change this duration?

A much appreciated feature would to have two types of defense fleets, the standard kind that are in the game now which can activate a relatively large fleet to patrol for a (moderate duration I think?) and which can be manually activated by the player in reaction to incoming threats such as raids and invasion fleets. The second type of defense fleet would cost more (perhaps twice the cost per fleet point) but would stay nearby and patrol around a planet for a significantly extended duration, possibly forever (until the fleet's destruction of course). Essentially, I want a player sponsored planetary defense force. Or, if this could be coded, allow the player to donate ships to the defense fleets. Not sure how you would code that though.
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1759 on: September 07, 2018, 07:15:35 PM »

They stay for 150 days, assuming they don't take enough damage to make them run home. This isn't configurable outside of the Java source (if you want to edit source, look in exerelin.campaign.fleets.DefenceFleetAI).

enigma74

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: September 07, 2018, 09:24:34 PM »

I'm sorry if this another vanilla question, but is there a way to see the deployment cost of a ship somewhere in the fleet screen?  The harbinger I mentioned earlier costs a whopping 20 points. It makes a difference because I might not want to keep high deployment costs ships if they are not pulling their weight in battle.

Edit: I think it might be recovery cost (supplies), since the numbers seem to match up. I didn't notice it because my (D) ships were getting a discount to recovery cost from my commander's skills.  It's a surprisingly big strike against (D) ships though - they take up the same deployment space as a perfect version of the ship but are relatively weaker.  With default battle size of 200, there's not that much room to work with.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 09:29:36 PM by enigma74 »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: September 07, 2018, 09:42:34 PM »

I'm sorry if this another vanilla question, but is there a way to see the deployment cost of a ship somewhere in the fleet screen?  The harbinger I mentioned earlier costs a whopping 20 points. It makes a difference because I might not want to keep high deployment costs ships if they are not pulling their weight in battle.

Edit: I think it might be recovery cost (supplies), since the numbers seem to match up. I didn't notice it because my (D) ships were getting a discount to recovery cost from my commander's skills.  It's a surprisingly big strike against (D) ships though - they take up the same deployment space as a perfect version of the ship but are relatively weaker.  With default battle size of 200, there's not that much room to work with.
Yes, the recovery supplies is also your deployment cost
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: September 08, 2018, 07:57:22 AM »

Edit: I think it might be recovery cost (supplies), since the numbers seem to match up. I didn't notice it because my (D) ships were getting a discount to recovery cost from my commander's skills.  It's a surprisingly big strike against (D) ships though - they take up the same deployment space as a perfect version of the ship but are relatively weaker.  With default battle size of 200, there's not that much room to work with.
Yes, the recovery supplies is also your deployment cost
one little additional detail: reductions to the supply to recover cost (= how many supplies it will take after the battle to recover the CR from the deployment) do NOT also apply to the deployment points cost (= how many ships you are able to deploy into battle at the same time, if your fleet is too large to be able to deploy all ships at once). deployment point cost of a ship is always equal to its base supply cost.

so having ships with many (D) mods, for example, will not allow you to deploy more of them at once, it will only reduce the supply cost of deploying them.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 07:59:19 AM by Sy »

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: September 10, 2018, 07:02:12 AM »

Is it still possible to attack markets anonymously? I have the same problem I used to have with the markets always knowing who I am, have even done long week long trips to a market with the transponder off the whole time and I still get smacked with unprovoked attack.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1764 on: September 10, 2018, 07:13:55 AM »

Is it still possible to attack markets anonymously? I have the same problem I used to have with the markets always knowing who I am, have even done long week long trips to a market with the transponder off the whole time and I still get smacked with unprovoked attack.
Anonymous invasions haven't been possible at any point in Nexerelin's history (and won't be, given how they work). But raids can be anonymous in the next version.

You can provoke the target faction into being the one to initiate hostilities through a number of ways (easiest is probably to turn off your transponder in sight of a patrol and then fight them after refusing to turn it on). Or if that's too much trouble, turn off the warmonger penalty in exerelin_config.json.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: September 10, 2018, 12:29:23 PM »

Possible to make spawn "Styx" and "Antioch" systems on random sector? Without "Antioch" Templars can very fast die as faction and without "Styx" we lost a "Shadowclaw" cruiser and funny giagnt fleets.  

Or i showpoke and this systems already spawn of random sector on current Nex version?
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1766 on: September 10, 2018, 06:07:07 PM »

Styx already spawns in random sector if Underworld is enabled at start.

For Antioch, I'd say that's up to DR... but in this case I might add a Nex-side option to spawn it too.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.4 "War and Peace" (update 2018-09-16)
« Reply #1767 on: September 15, 2018, 07:15:02 PM »

New version!

Spoiler

and

[close]

Nexerelin v0.8.4
Download
Hotfix jar*

*Fixes random sector issues: a crash with Antioch while not running Templars; Blade Breakers lingering in inhabited systems; and Blade Breaker Deserters starting with markets. Place in Nexerelin/jars

Changelog
Code
v0.8.4
* Add a basic diplomacy AI
    * Tries to butter up friends, sabotage enemies, etc.
    * Will declare war if it has motives for doing so and expects not to lose
* Better random sector generation
    * Should have more habitable worlds and place inhabited systems closer together
    * Config option for Templars to get Antioch in random mode
    * Prism Freeport removes deep hyperspace around itself
    * Add some new interaction images for random sector
* Start options improvements
    * Add super ship start (e.g. Hyperion); only available for certain factions
    * Factions can be enabled/disabled for random sector individually
    * When randomizing faction relations at start, pirates can be made unaffected
    * Increase random sector maximum systems/planets/stations
    * If followers is picked as random starting faction, has 50% chance to be free start (will be displayed in dialog)
* Talk to a friendly trade-related base official for commodity price information
* Factions may invade pirate markets that were not originally pirate-controlled, even if pirate invasions are disabled (can be changed in settings)
    * Likewise for independents
* Pirates and independents can back rebellions on other markets
* Raids can be done anonymously; no longer have to fight a defending fleet
* Only spawn one strike fleet at a time (was 2)
* Luddic Path now a playable faction
* Halve default vengeance point generation
* Skins inherit the mining strength of their base ship if they don't have their own strength specified
* New faction config tags: noRandomizeRelations, noSyncRelations
* Fixes
    * Fix crash from warmonger event against salvage entity defenders with SAD faction
    * Fix Galatia relay transfer when Ancyra is captured
    * Fix factions defying an alliance motion that failed to pass anyway
    * Stations won't remotely join a battle with a response fleet unless they have the same faction
    * Don't add stellar mirror/shade to a terran-eccentric world if it's a moon
    * Remove unused background images that were bloating the filesize
    * Some text fixes/tweaks
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 05:34:43 AM by Histidine »

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: September 17, 2018, 10:43:56 PM »

So what factors influence the odds of success for agents/saboteurs/rebellions? Also my followers always immediately end any rebellions I start up when I have mild good rep with the target and I'm wondering if the only way to deal with that would be to turn off followers diplomacy. But I'm not sure if there are things my followers can do via diplomacy that I cant.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1769 on: September 18, 2018, 04:59:57 AM »

So what factors influence the odds of success for agents/saboteurs/rebellions?
Agent/saboteur success is a simple RNG roll: succeed/fail, then another roll for detected/undetected. Success is further modified by the market's "alert level" which goes up after agent/saboteur use, so subsequent uses in a short period of time have lower success rate. Chances are configured in Nexerelin/data/config/exerelin/agentConfig.json.

For rebellions: The government and rebel sides each have a semi-hidden strength value (can be revealed by using agent's 'gather intel' option). Every day, the values are compared to each other (with a random modifier, and stability modifier for govt) and the weaker side loses points, while the stronger side can gain them or at least be weakened more slowly. Trading with either side and the rebel suppression fleet reaching its destination or being destroyed will modify the strength values.
Code is here

Also my followers always immediately end any rebellions I start up when I have mild good rep with the target and I'm wondering if the only way to deal with that would be to turn off followers diplomacy. But I'm not sure if there are things my followers can do via diplomacy that I cant.
As long as the relationship doesn't get above inhospitable the rebellion won't end, so if you keep rep low it won't be a problem. But there's a issue where you can start a rebellion, relationship remains high, and it ends instantly. Oops!
Next version, I'll make it do the relationship check only if someone captures the market, so this won't happen.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 396