Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013104 times)

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.3e "Battle Stations!" (update 2018-03-17)
« Reply #1725 on: July 29, 2018, 06:56:19 AM »

I simply cannot play StarSector without this mod.  Well done!

1.  Is it possible to choose WHICH vanilla factions are available at game start?  Or are vanilla factions hard coded?  Or even remove all vanilla factions?

2.  Can I tweak the "percentage or number of starting planets" for a given faction?  I.e. perhaps I want to give 30% of occupied planets to Sindria (or to a mod faction, or to a random faction) as part of a role-playing soap opera I was mentally playing for this game instance.

...or perhaps someone can point me to a mod-mod that adds these sort of "sandbox tweaking" features.

thanks!

diegoweiller

• Ensign
  • mimimimi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: July 29, 2018, 09:37:04 AM »

Try this hotfix .jar (place in Nexerelin/jars) and the crash should go away. (Although the event that causes it is random, so you may not notice anyway)

I'll probably release an official fix soon-ish.

Thank you! :D
- And the lord poked his head out from the patron clouds, to look down on his followers in chaos and anarchy as the world was already aflame, out he tossed a canister of gasoline, and out from his mouth his words were: "Screw it."

JT

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: July 30, 2018, 03:35:40 PM »

1.  Is it possible to choose WHICH vanilla factions are available at game start?  Or are vanilla factions hard coded?  Or even remove all vanilla factions?

I think the game's core scripts expect at the very least for the Pirates and Independents to be mandatory, but I'm not sure about the rest.  For instance, the Distress Call ability has a dependency on the pirate faction.  I'm not positive if that means that the faction actually has to have bases somewhere to work -- what little digging I've done in the API suggests that if it can't find a market for the faction, [edit]the fleet[/edit] won't appear.  However, I could be wrong and it might work even if the faction doesn't "exist" in the Nexerelin sense.

Yes, realized I had RC7. Will see if things work out now. THX! And congrats on the great mod work!

Histidine is the fellow to thank for Nexerelin, and Zaphide for the original Exerelin. ;-)  I haven't done a single bit of publicly released mod work for SS, actually.  (Privately I've been planning on re-introducing boarding mechanics and adding more roleplay features, but I've got the Java skills of a garden variety sponge and my heart hasn't really been in it. ;-))
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 04:59:09 PM by JT »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1728 on: July 30, 2018, 06:38:16 PM »

Hello!
1.  Is it possible to choose WHICH vanilla factions are available at game start?  Or are vanilla factions hard coded?  Or even remove all vanilla factions?

2.  Can I tweak the "percentage or number of starting planets" for a given faction?  I.e. perhaps I want to give 30% of occupied planets to Sindria (or to a mod faction, or to a random faction) as part of a role-playing soap opera I was mentally playing for this game instance.
(Random sector only. Changes apply to new games; you can revert them once a new game is started)

To stop a faction from spawning, you can set playableFaction:false, in its faction config (Nexerelin/data/config/exerelinFactionConfig). Note that this will make that faction also stop having Nex features in existing saves, so you might want to change it back after you've launched your new game.

For making some factions start with more planets, enable useFactionMarketSpawnWeights in exerelin_config.json, then set the marketSpawnWeight value in the faction config. A value of 2 means the faction starts with twice as many planets/stations as it normally would. Hegemony and Persean League have above-normal values set by default (2 and 1.6 respectively).

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: August 02, 2018, 10:34:57 PM »

Huzzah! thanks!

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.3f "Battle Stations!" (fixes 2018-08-05)
« Reply #1730 on: August 05, 2018, 03:37:58 AM »

Belated fix update. Should be compatible with previous saves, but, uh, don't quote me on it.

Nexerelin v0.8.3f
Download

Changelog
Code
v0.8.3f
* New rules for free ports after market capture in non-random mode
    * Market will have free port after capture if new owner is a pirate faction and has the free market tag, or if market had free port at start of game (requires new game)
* During a rebellion, supplies for the government side can be sold to a base official
* Increase reputation effects of rebellion supplies by 50%
* Add a reputation bonus from killing invasion fleets
* Various fixes:
    * Fix rebellion event crash
    * Fix infinite loop in stocking Prism submarket
    * Don't join defense station to battles if its CR is below 5%
    * Possibly fix a bug with mining fleet behavior on game load
    * Maybe fix fleets joining battle but not either side
    * Fix some cases where relationship clamps were still being checked with random starting relations
* Some tweaks to slightly lower save/load memory use
* Mod compatibility updates

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.3f "Battle Stations!" (fixes 2018-08-05)
« Reply #1731 on: August 05, 2018, 04:15:46 PM »

Okay, my campaing has broken, just awesome...
Version "v0.8.3f"
Code
7780015 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
7780463 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Float
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Float
at exerelin.campaign.events.covertops.InstigateRebellionEvent.setParam(InstigateRebellionEvent.java:20)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.startEvent(Unknown Source)
at exerelin.campaign.covertops.CovertOpsBase.reportEvent(CovertOpsBase.java:158)
at exerelin.campaign.covertops.InstigateRebellion.onSuccess(InstigateRebellion.java:47)
at exerelin.campaign.covertops.CovertOpsBase.execute(CovertOpsBase.java:107)
at exerelin.campaign.CovertOpsManager.instigateRebellion(CovertOpsManager.java:360)
at exerelin.campaign.CovertOpsManager.handleNpcCovertActions(CovertOpsManager.java:267)
at exerelin.campaign.CovertOpsManager.advance(CovertOpsManager.java:278)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.3g "Battle Stations!" (hotfix 2018-08-06)
« Reply #1732 on: August 06, 2018, 07:22:42 AM »

Wow, I'm surprised that didn't explode for someone sooner. Hotfix:

Nexerelin v0.8.3g
Download

Changelog
Code
v0.8.3g
* Agents display their relationship effects in the same dialog where they are used
* Fix rebellion crash, other issues
* Remove a stray debug message

diegoweiller

• Ensign
  • mimimimi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: August 08, 2018, 12:46:55 AM »

Belated fix update. Should be compatible with previous saves, but, uh, don't quote me on it.

Nexerelin v0.8.3f
Download

Changelog
Code
v0.8.3f
* New rules for free ports after market capture in non-random mode
    * Market will have free port after capture if new owner is a pirate faction and has the free market tag, or if market had free port at start of game (requires new game)
* During a rebellion, supplies for the government side can be sold to a base official
* Increase reputation effects of rebellion supplies by 50%
* Add a reputation bonus from killing invasion fleets
* Various fixes:
    * Fix rebellion event crash
    * Fix infinite loop in stocking Prism submarket
    * Don't join defense station to battles if its CR is below 5%
    * Possibly fix a bug with mining fleet behavior on game load
    * Maybe fix fleets joining battle but not either side
    * Fix some cases where relationship clamps were still being checked with random starting relations
* Some tweaks to slightly lower save/load memory use
* Mod compatibility updates

Wow, I'm surprised that didn't explode for someone sooner. Hotfix:

Nexerelin v0.8.3g
Download

Changelog
Code
v0.8.3g
* Agents display their relationship effects in the same dialog where they are used
* Fix rebellion crash, other issues
* Remove a stray debug message

Histidine, since i'm somewhat new with this mod(tried it during 7.1 but now is the first play trough attempt) I would be grateful if you could clarify few things to me:

1- How do i reach 100% CR?

2- Hand weapons affect invasion of a market? What about defending against a invasion?

3- I've read that markets i capture can end up rebelling against me, and that it happens because of market stability, does selling marines, hand weapons, and ordnance to the market somehow helps preventing those mutinies? Also, the black market having more marines than the normal market affects anything?

4- How can i improve my markets stability, and how do I get rid the debuff from the market being attacked recently?

5- ''During a rebellion, supplies for the government side can be sold to a base official''... - Understood'nt  ???

6- Any tips on improving FPS? I play with a low end PC and my fps drops to 10 sometimes e.e

Sorry if I seem stupid about the game mechanics  :-\

EDIT: WTF I actually gain by mining? 0_o
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 11:17:27 AM by diegoweiller »
- And the lord poked his head out from the patron clouds, to look down on his followers in chaos and anarchy as the world was already aflame, out he tossed a canister of gasoline, and out from his mouth his words were: "Screw it."

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: August 08, 2018, 06:03:46 AM »

Histidine, since i'm somewhat new with this mod(tried it during 7.1 but now is the first play trough attempt) I would be grateful if you could clarify few things to me:

1- How do i reach 100% CR?
I can at least help with THIS. There are a bunch of character skills you can get to do this. I don't remember if you can get YOUR ship to 100, but your skills combined with an officer should get a ship to 100% CR. Unfortunately I forget the skill names.  :(
Hi. I exist. Bye.

TheWetFish

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: August 09, 2018, 05:03:53 AM »

Your character with Level 3 Fleet Logistics skill in the Technology branch, plus the officer (or you) flying that ship with Level 3 Combat Readiness skill in the Combat tree 
Skills page on the wiki

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1736 on: August 09, 2018, 05:07:41 AM »

Hi!

2- Hand weapons affect invasion of a market? What about defending against a invasion?
The only considerations for invasion defense strength (not the response fleet size, that has some different handling) are:
  • Market size
  • Market stability
  • Some market conditions (military base, headquarters, a few others)
  • If there's a rebellion ongoing, it'll be easier to invade
3- I've read that markets i capture can end up rebelling against me, and that it happens because of market stability, does selling marines, hand weapons, and ordnance to the market somehow helps preventing those mutinies? Also, the black market having more marines than the normal market affects anything?

4- How can i improve my markets stability, and how do I get rid the debuff from the market being attacked recently?

5- ''During a rebellion, supplies for the government side can be sold to a base official''... - Understood'nt  ???
Selling stuff to the market before a rebellion can prevent it by propping up the stability, but I wouldn't count on any stability manipulation to actually work.

Once the rebellion starts, you can sell marines, hand weapons or supplies to the open market or military market (or talk to the base commander/admin on comm board and sell them there) to make the government side stronger. Selling to the black market makes the rebels stronger.
(Also, buying has the opposite effect, so you can buy out the stuff on the black market to weaken the rebellion)

The number of marines in the black market doesn't directly affect the strength of the rebellion, but it's likely an indicator of low stability.

The stability loss from a recently invaded market will go away on its own, although it may take a few months to fully disappear.

6- Any tips on improving FPS? I play with a low end PC and my fps drops to 10 sometimes e.e
A bit outside the scope of Nexerelin, but there are a few things you can try:
  • Disable GraphicsLib in its INI file (GraphicsLib/GRAPHICS_OPTIONS.ini; "enableShaders":false)
  • Lower the battle size in settings
  • If RAM is your bottleneck, run fewer mods that add ships
  • If you have a 64-bit system and spare RAM, you might be able to increase RAM allocation
EDIT: WTF I actually gain by mining? 0_o
Normally you get the resources it says before you start mining. Asteroids give ore and some volatiles, for planets/moons it depends on what the survey found. The amount depends on your mining strength.

Randomly you also get a chance to find a 'hidden cache' with some goodies: higher-value commodities, ship weapons, fighter wings and even frigates.

King Alfonzo has a good guide here

Seifer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: August 09, 2018, 08:51:04 AM »

I'm building a pc with GTX 1060 6G, 16G 3000MHz ram and I5 8600, I guess I'll be futureproof on the game with a lots of mods enabled :P Btw would a ssd shorten the loading bits in the game, especially nvme M2 ssds ? :D Coming from a potatolaptop, I can't wait to play Nexerelin again with more than 2 big factions enabled ! I used to wreck everything with my fleet but Stations are a real challenge, I love it <3 Have a great day everyone o/

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: August 09, 2018, 05:55:45 PM »

Btw would a ssd shorten the loading bits in the game, especially nvme M2 ssds ?

Very much so :)

Seifer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: August 10, 2018, 03:08:00 PM »

OMG I can't wait to witness it then :D loading time is pretty much terrifying with lots of mods enabled, this is the dream :D ! Thanks MesoTroniK ;D
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 396