Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013680 times)

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.3e "Battle Stations!" (update 2018-03-17)
« Reply #1710 on: May 29, 2018, 10:01:32 PM »

What are the chances of implementing a SS+ style "Soft" fleet-size cap? I'm really discouraged from playing pirate or scavenger if I can't have a numerically superior ball of junk
Starsector\starsector-core\data\config\settings.json
is your new friend

This isn't what Stukas is asking for. Back in 0.7.2 you could go over the cap, but there was a corresponding increase in overall supply cost for every ship over. So you could have a giant horde of cheap ships (and get away with it because they were cheap), but it was incredibly difficult to get overlarge expensive fleets.

Shuka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: May 30, 2018, 02:59:39 PM »

The soft cap thing is kind of neat. Sometimes I want to just add a ton of ships so that I can field an equal number of ships as my opponent in battle. For instance I'm pretty sure the larger fleet is allowed to field a larger proportion of ships, but it gets really frustrating if my opponent can field 2 capitals + a little support and I can only field a cap and a cruiser.

Morbo's answer while not 100% a perfect solution, is easily doable.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: June 04, 2018, 08:37:37 AM »

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but concerning agents:

Agent prices seem to drop almost universally, as the game progresses. I suspect it's because they're a commodity but have no demand? There should probably be sufficient demand to make their cost increase over time (up to a certain cap), to offset higher income/wealth the player will have as they progress to better ships and more territory.

Also, when trading, it seems pointless to trade on open markets (with tariffs) anymore. It's far more effective to only sell on the black market, and use a fraction of that 18% tariff you saved to buy agents and repair what little damage you did to your reputation. This isn't helped by the negligible rep hit you get for black market trading (-1 to -3), or the "suspicions of black market trading" (-5) modifier you get while scanned after trading. The latter is a flat -5 regardless of credits earned, meaning you could have made enough credits for a thousand agents and still only get hit with a -5 rep penalty.

RinandTonic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: June 09, 2018, 06:45:26 AM »

Hey! I love this mod, I think it's pretty much the essential way to play the game seeing as how it adds ways to actually fight for your faction and capture planets, making the endgame much more interesting. I know it's pretty much packaged as being critical and therefore might not get much praise, but it adds so much life to the universe that vanilla doesn't have.

I do have ooooooone pretty simple suggestion though, it'd be really great if you could name your faction. I haven't been very tempted to start my own faction simply because "Followers" feels like kind of a placeholder? It seems like an easy fix but maybe it's not in which case I totally get it.
Also, another interesting feature for starting one's own faction would be to adjust the what other faction's ships you see on your faction's planets (e.g. if you want Tri-Tach ships without joining Tri-Tach to act as a splinter group for lore reasons or to act a scrapyard faction you have all pirate ships or something).

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: June 09, 2018, 02:32:36 PM »

I do have ooooooone pretty simple suggestion though
i'd also like being able to customize both name and faction ship usage, but putting the work into implementing these in Nexerelin now is probably kinda wasted, because the next vanilla release will actually have both of these features! :]

real faction warfare likely won't make it into that release (and no one really knows yet just how it will look when -- or even for certain if -- it does in the future), but creating and customizing your own faction in various ways will not just be part of the vanilla game itself already, but also more detailed/interesting than any modded solution now would be.

if you haven't already, you can read more about this stuff in these dev blog posts: Colony Management and Blueprints, Doctrine, and Production.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: June 21, 2018, 02:32:20 AM »

Just wanted to note the EZ Faction has been patched for full Nexerelin compatibility, but the fixed build is not yet available to the public yet. 

Sorry, the issues with it not working properly with Random Gen at game-start were quite easily fixed but I'm getting some other things done before I release the mod pack again.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Fregrant

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: June 22, 2018, 12:37:18 AM »

Battlestations have speed 30? It should not be as fast as a battleship.

Also, when trading, it seems pointless to trade on open markets (with tariffs) anymore. It's far more effective to only sell on the black market, and use a fraction of that 18% tariff you saved to buy agents and repair what little damage you did to your reputation. This isn't helped by the negligible rep hit you get for black market trading (-1 to -3), or the "suspicions of black market trading" (-5) modifier you get while scanned after trading. The latter is a flat -5 regardless of credits earned, meaning you could have made enough credits for a thousand agents and still only get hit with a -5 rep penalty.
Yep. And shielded cargo holds are useless.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:40:38 AM by Fregrant »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1717 on: June 22, 2018, 03:46:08 AM »

Without checking, I'm guessing the 30 speed is copied directly from vanilla's placeholder station. Since stations can't actually move in battle the value isn't actually used.

The lack of any real penalty for black market smuggling is a vanilla thing (and indeed, Nex makes open market better with its lower tariff), but I guess vanilla doesn't provide easy tools to reverse the relationship loss either. I might figure out how to handle this, but I think I'll wait to see what 0.9 does with the economy first.

Anyway, thanks for feedback!

diegoweiller

• Ensign
  • mimimimi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: July 27, 2018, 06:29:28 AM »

Hi guys, i keep getting crash when the mod tries to instigate a rebelion... what do i do?

Spoiler
6509712 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.CovertOpsManager  - Starting covert warfare event creation
6509712 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.CovertOpsManager  - Trying action: INSTIGATE_REBELLION
6509712 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.CovertOpsManager  - Number of target factions: 2
6509712 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.CovertOpsManager  - Target faction: Persean League
6509712 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.CovertOpsManager  - Instigating rebellion
6509713 [Thread-4] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
6509724 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
6509986 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.campaign.events.covertops.InstigateRebellionEvent.setParam(InstigateRebellionEvent.java:19)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.startEvent(Unknown Source)
   at exerelin.campaign.covertops.CovertOpsBase.reportEvent(CovertOpsBase.java:158)
   at exerelin.campaign.covertops.CovertOpsBase.reportEvent(CovertOpsBase.java:153)
   at exerelin.campaign.covertops.InstigateRebellion.onFailure(InstigateRebellion.java:53)
   at exerelin.campaign.covertops.CovertOpsBase.execute(CovertOpsBase.java:109)
   at exerelin.campaign.CovertOpsManager.instigateRebellion(CovertOpsManager.java:360)
   at exerelin.campaign.CovertOpsManager.handleNpcCovertActions(CovertOpsManager.java:267)
   at exerelin.campaign.CovertOpsManager.advance(CovertOpsManager.java:278)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
- And the lord poked his head out from the patron clouds, to look down on his followers in chaos and anarchy as the world was already aflame, out he tossed a canister of gasoline, and out from his mouth his words were: "Screw it."

Sleeeper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: July 27, 2018, 11:03:52 AM »

Had same crash recently.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1720 on: July 28, 2018, 01:19:57 AM »

Try this hotfix .jar (place in Nexerelin/jars) and the crash should go away. (Although the event that causes it is random, so you may not notice anyway)

I'll probably release an official fix soon-ish.

mangalore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: July 28, 2018, 11:48:09 AM »

Hi, trying to get back to Starsector for a game or two, but have some weird Access error crash on fleet dialog:
Spoiler
836440 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.config from class exerelin.campaign.battle.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.config from class exerelin.campaign.battle.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl
   at exerelin.campaign.battle.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.init(NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:299)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOo.öØ0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOo.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOo.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.startEncounterInvolvingPlayerFleet(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Currently switching out all my mod versions. Could it be an outdated LazyLib or something? I also added the Mayorate mod taken over by Blothorn?

Hope it has something to do with the duplicate Nexelin config in the Mayorate mod and yours. At least Nexerlin has outdated ship data (variant/hullIds) for the new Mayorate mod.

Sadly keep getting this crash. Any hint why this happens?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 02:53:51 PM by mangalore »

JT

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: July 28, 2018, 03:07:09 PM »

Loving the new "livelier" factions with rebellions and whatnot since my last playthrough in early 2017.

I did find one minor annoyance over the last couple days of play.  When playing as something other than "Your" faction, in factions where 1) selling weapons is illegal, 2) there is no military market, and 3) we are commissioned members... it's impossible to contribute to preventing a rebellion.  Even if you have over five hundred crates of weapons for the government, they won't accept them on the open market... and selling them on the black market will help the rebels instead.

Thus, I think we need dialogue with the station/planet administrator that permits donating arms or even ships to the local defence force or counter-insurgency.  Because trading in arms is illegal, they could offer a fee relative to your faction relationship, down to negligible at 50 relationship (e.g., at 100 relationship, they'd give 100% of the market value of your weapons, at 60 relationship, they'd give 20% of the value of your weapons, and at 50 or lower they'd give nothing).

Without that option, the only way to intervene and suppress rebellions in your own faction where arms trading is illegal is to buy out every weapon and marine on the black market, which is a bit gamey for my tastes, especially as it will have the faction breathing down your neck for smuggling rather than praising you for enforcing their legitimacy as a state.  (It'd be nice if there were a way of enforcing rebellion status by removing weapons and marines from all the markets in active rebellion areas, but that might be difficult to track.)

Hi, trying to get back to Starsector for a game or two, but have some weird Access error crash on fleet dialog:
Could it be an outdated LazyLib or something?

Are you running 0.8.1a release candidate 8?  I had accidentally been running 0.8.1a RC7 and had similar crashes.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 03:10:30 PM by JT »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1723 on: July 29, 2018, 04:04:02 AM »

Cool, someone likes the rebellion mechanic!

I've added an option to sell items to the base commander at market rates, with the same effect as a sale through the market UI. (I wanted it to sell for below normal price while also giving some extra reputation, but this didn't work well with the reputation gain rounding; i.e. you could get much more rep by selling 100 guns 10 times than 1,000 guns once)

mangalore: Yeah, check your Starsector RC version.

mangalore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: July 29, 2018, 05:32:27 AM »

Are you running 0.8.1a release candidate 8?  I had accidentally been running 0.8.1a RC7 and had similar crashes.

Yes, realized I had RC7. Will see if things work out now. THX! And congrats on the great mod work!
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 396