Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013882 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.1b "Apple Pie from Scratch" (update 2017-06-19)
« Reply #1455 on: June 24, 2017, 08:46:19 PM »

However, I do get a bug; when you find a cache, the results screen pops up with NullPointerException. The cache is given out to you, and everything works fine, it's just the message that's bugged. I think it happens when you find a cache with more than one type of stuff in it - the last one happened when I found both supplies and hand weapons.
Oops. Fix .jar here (added to thread OP as well).
(It was trying to check Prism Freeport code for forbidden weapons/ships before the blacklists have been loaded)

Shyguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.1b "Apple Pie from Scratch" (+hotfix 2017-06-25)
« Reply #1456 on: June 25, 2017, 04:47:33 PM »

Spoiler
822959 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.world.underworld.UW_Styx.pickLocation(UW_Styx.java:150)
   at data.scripts.world.underworld.UW_Styx.generatePt2(UW_Styx.java:108)
   at data.scripts.UnderworldModPlugin.onNewGameAfterProcGen(UnderworldModPlugin.java:212)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.J.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.j.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

It's a toss up between what was causing this but as it's only been happening since I updated my nex i'm afraid i'll have to leave this steaming pile of code here, also happened when I tried random sector generation with max out stations and worlds with 50% starting factions. That or Underworld is trying to forcefully spawn Styx inside the sector.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 25, 2017, 05:30:14 PM »

Spoiler
822959 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.world.underworld.UW_Styx.pickLocation(UW_Styx.java:150)
   at data.scripts.world.underworld.UW_Styx.generatePt2(UW_Styx.java:108)
   at data.scripts.UnderworldModPlugin.onNewGameAfterProcGen(UnderworldModPlugin.java:212)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.J.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.j.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
[close]
Use the Underworld fix .jar provided here (put it in Underworld/jars).

OhNoesBunnies

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: June 26, 2017, 04:30:59 PM »

So, everything works except...

Any time I try to use Random Sector Generation, I get a Null sector error? I've increased my game's memory and done all the tricks to keep that fresh. Could it be a mod interfering? What error am I looking for?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1459 on: June 28, 2017, 05:34:26 AM »

So, everything works except...

Any time I try to use Random Sector Generation, I get a Null sector error? I've increased my game's memory and done all the tricks to keep that fresh. Could it be a mod interfering? What error am I looking for?
If you're using Underworld, try the fix .jar mentioned above.
Otherwise (or if issue persists), please post the full error message from the end of Starsector/[starsector-core on Windows]/starsector.log.

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: June 28, 2017, 07:01:42 PM »

A quick question, Whenever let's say, faction A captures faction B's market, do they get to spawn ships of faction B from that market? I know the captured market still sells ships and weapons of the previous occupying faction, but what about the NPC fleets that spawn from that market?

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: June 28, 2017, 07:27:14 PM »

A quick question, Whenever let's say, faction A captures faction B's market, do they get to spawn ships of faction B from that market? I know the captured market still sells ships and weapons of the previous occupying faction, but what about the NPC fleets that spawn from that market?

They'll be Faction A ships. When a faction caps a market, it's best to empty it out of the previous faction's shop items if you want them because from then on, only 'Faction A' stuff will spawn.

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: June 28, 2017, 07:33:12 PM »

They'll be Faction A ships. When a faction caps a market, it's best to empty it out of the previous faction's shop items if you want them because from then on, only 'Faction A' stuff will spawn.

I see thanks for the answer, it would be cool to see your NPC fleets using "captured" ships from that market...cause you can't just start producing ships of your own from a base that still has some of its stuff laying around. Then again, this is a game.

Dubby

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: July 02, 2017, 09:44:42 AM »

My 2 cents on some of the cosmology:

Gas giants that orbit close to their host star are called "Hot Jupiters", and can have a very fast orbit. Many such worlds end up tidally locked [eccentric] with their host star, exaggerated by a bright red/orange/yellow spot on the near side, and often a massive comet-like tail on the far side. Such a planet may be a source of metals, as due to the temperature and turbulence, metals can condense in the upper atmosphere like rain drops. In addition, any such system that has one or more short-term orbital gas giants is unlikely to have some, if any, rocky (terrestrial) planets. The end result of these hot jupiters is believed to be a world like Mercury, which is in essence, the core of a dead gas giant... and very rich in metallic resources.

Red Dwarves have at least two very distinct stages. While young, a Red Dwarf is highly magnetic and has a very unstable field. In short, a young Red Dwarf is prone to tantrums. Such as enormous coronal mass ejections (solar flares) capable of baking the atmosphere off nearby planets. Thus, a young red dwarf should be considered as highly dangerous, rendering habitation within the system difficult if not outright foolhardy.

Habitable terrestrial planets may be unlikely around a Red Giant star. However around such a star, habitable moons orbiting gas giants are far, far more likely.

Asteroid belts will likely contain at least one body that holds a significant fraction of the mass of the entire belt. In our own solar system, Ceres is an example, which contains roughly a third of the belt's mass. Such bodies could be referred to as minor, or dwarf, planets, and are likely to accompany an asteroid belt.

Gas giants with multiple large moons can generate tidal heat within the moons, leading to the nearest-orbiting moons to being highly volcanic. In theory, this could act as a bastion for sub-surface habitability even when starlight is negligible or non-existent.

Magnetars are basically young neutron stars, but are quite rare. Equally so, they are exceptionally terrifying and dangerous. These stars have ungodly magnetic fields, which based on distance, will most likely tear spaceships apart. Neutron stars and Magnetars are both able to emit a mass ejection like a solar flare, but the mechanics behind are very different. In essence, the crust suddenly moves a few millimeters, but because of the intense gravity and intense density, the material ejected is enormous and incredibly volatile to life in nearby solar systems. Thus, any world within many lightyears of a neutron star that would naturally be habitable would be significantly less likely to be so.

o7

PokerChen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 02, 2017, 02:08:20 PM »

*chuckles* For what it's worth, I think Starsector's cosmological fidelity is not bad, relative to the playing field of "games set in space". My husband and I play Stellaris (simultaneously better and worse), and SoaSE (so awful that I pretend each planet has its own star).
Since it's too much to randomly make systems that obey the current model of star system evolution on the fly, I wonder if there's some convenient repository of simulation results.

00lewnor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 03, 2017, 03:10:25 PM »

Possibly a bug; when your factions makes peace with another the ex-hostile factions markets may still refuse to let you dock due to nearby hostile actions.

SLFC

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: July 04, 2017, 04:54:06 AM »

hi, running only Nexerelin with the mining jar patch with LazyLib 2.2, getting this error

Code
212565 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.ongoingBattle from class exerelin.campaign.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.ongoingBattle from class exerelin.campaign.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl
at exerelin.campaign.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.pullInNearbyFleets(NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:352)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.init(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:278)
at exerelin.campaign.NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.init(NexFleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:306)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.newsuper.öØ0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.newsuper.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.newsuper.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.startEncounterInvolvingPlayerFleet(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: July 04, 2017, 01:36:11 PM »

SFLC: Make sure you're running the latest Starsector version. There have been a few hotfixes.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: July 05, 2017, 01:06:52 AM »

SFLC: Make sure you're running the latest Starsector version. There have been a few hotfixes.
And get Version Checker as it can tell you if mods or SS is out of date
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: July 06, 2017, 08:57:08 PM »

found an issue with prism freeport.
WHEN corvus mode is active AND dynasector "marketIntegration":true THEN prism freeport high-end seller ignores exerelin_config.json AND doees not sell lpc at all.
i'm not sure what exactly matters, but starting campaign in random mode with "marketIntegration":false fixed thee issue.
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 396