Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013752 times)

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8c "Figure Eight" (fixes 2017-06-09)
« Reply #1380 on: June 09, 2017, 11:55:45 PM »

hey.
for some reason "prismNumShips": in config stopped having any effect ingame regardless of value. can anyone confirm?
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

Akhonji

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: June 10, 2017, 07:20:56 AM »

Just out of curiosity- I note that because of the number of bounty and/or 'capture the planet!' missions that show up in Nexerelin, the vanilla missions seem to be a little more sparse. I'm assuming a planet gets a number of assigned missions based on its market size and then pulls that many from the possible pool of missions- would it be difficult to make it dip in once for vanilla missions and then again for nexerelin missions?

I've never poked around much in the code, so I don't understand it completely. It'd be a nice quality of life upgrade if there were still as many 'item run' or 'go scan this' missions as in vanilla, while adding the sweet faction stuff from this mod. :)

Morbo513

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: June 10, 2017, 07:21:28 AM »

Is there any way to make it so if you're allied with another faction, as far as markets are concerned you hold a commission?

peperoni_playboy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: June 10, 2017, 07:57:17 AM »

Is there any way to make it so if you're allied with another faction, as far as markets are concerned you hold a commission?
if you're in an alliance with a faction, it acts as though you're commissioned with them which allows you to buy from their military markets. once you get your faction's rep high enough with them (assuming you're playing with your own faction) you can go to one of the other faction's markets and invite them to your alliance (or if you're not in an alliance, invite them to form an alliance) under special options.

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: June 10, 2017, 08:48:04 AM »

How will you implement mining now that the salvage system is here. Will mining be like salvaging but on asteroids instead of debris fields? Can we mine the uninhabited planets? The "abundant ore veins" planets will have a use with the mining system.

Coriantumr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: June 10, 2017, 12:39:54 PM »

So I encountered some really bizarre and mildly frustrating player faction AI behavior that I think has something to do with smuggling from the player_npc factions markets but I'm not really sure so heres a really low fps gif I guess

It only stopped when that neutrino invasion fleet actually started invading, I guess it decided that was a bigger priority.

Is that the faction you belong to? If so, I think you can end the cycle by opening a dialogue. The NPC will then say that they have to keep up appearances and will leave you alone. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding your situation.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: June 10, 2017, 12:54:33 PM »

Mined a planet or two and some asteroids too already, seems to be working so far, not that much of a use to me technically but since I am always playing as a nomadic space-faring being, I mine sometimes stuff anyway, same goes for surveys and exploration as it is in it's own way of a time sink to me.

Departed from Corvus Scavenger faction to kick my own faction in place along with an alliance with pirates to see what happens along satisfying my curiosity. Was rather surprised by the new alliance function.
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: June 10, 2017, 02:49:21 PM »

just got a fatal null about a month in, in hyperspace going towards Aztlan

not sure if it's your mod, but my last playthrough without it was just fine. Here's the last part of the log:

Code
1938145 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.MiningFleetManager  - Trying mining fleet for market Nortia
1938146 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.MiningFleetManager  - Spawned small mining fleet of size 8
1938407 [Thread-4] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
1938407 [Thread-4] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
1938672 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
1938672 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
1938737 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at sound.OooO.Ö00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ooOO.return.õ00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ooOO.return.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ooOO.I.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
mmm.... tartiflette

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1388 on: June 10, 2017, 06:39:13 PM »

So I encountered some really bizarre and mildly frustrating player faction AI behavior that I think has something to do with smuggling from the player_npc factions markets but I'm not really sure so heres a really low fps gif I guess

It only stopped when that neutrino invasion fleet actually started invading, I guess it decided that was a bigger priority.

Is that the faction you belong to? If so, I think you can end the cycle by opening a dialogue. The NPC will then say that they have to keep up appearances and will leave you alone. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding your situation.
Opening the comm link is worth a try, yeah. But looking at the rules.csv code suggests it should already work without it. Hurm. I think I'll try to debug and see what can be done.

It already does this if you're using DynaSector. Without DS, open Nexerelin/data/campaign/submarkets.csv and uncomment generic_military.

Just out of curiosity- I note that because of the number of bounty and/or 'capture the planet!' missions that show up in Nexerelin, the vanilla missions seem to be a little more sparse. I'm assuming a planet gets a number of assigned missions based on its market size and then pulls that many from the possible pool of missions- would it be difficult to make it dip in once for vanilla missions and then again for nexerelin missions?
So far as I can tell, missions don't work that way. But there's a limit to how many procurement, survey and analyze missions can exist at the same time in the Sector, so if you're running a lot of faction mods that would explain it.
(You can increase the number in base game's data/config/settings.json

Code: json
	"maxMarketProcurementConcurrent":30;
"maxAnalyzeEntityConcurrent":30;
"maxSurveyPlanetConcurrent":15;

How will you implement mining now that the salvage system is here. Will mining be like salvaging but on asteroids instead of debris fields? Can we mine the uninhabited planets? The "abundant ore veins" planets will have a use with the mining system.
The current mining system (which I don't plan to change) works through the interaction dialog with a delayed action (like comm sniffer installation). It already uses survey conditions for planets, but not asteroids.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 06:47:39 PM by Histidine »

Morbo513

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: June 11, 2017, 01:05:24 AM »

It already does this if you're using DynaSector. Without DS, open Nexerelin/data/campaign/submarkets.csv and uncomment generic_military.
Thanks, do I remove the # to uncomment it?

The current mining system (which I don't plan to change) works through the interaction dialog with a delayed action (like comm sniffer installation). It already uses survey conditions for planets, but not asteroids.
Will you make it so recovering disabled ships functions in the same way, ie time-delayed rather than instant? http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12275

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1390 on: June 11, 2017, 03:44:19 AM »

Thanks, do I remove the # to uncomment it?
Yep.

Will you make it so recovering disabled ships functions in the same way, ie time-delayed rather than instant? http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=12275
Not sure it's readily possible (or at all) with the current API, and I expect the effort/payoff ratio to make the attempt is too small to be worthwhile. Sorry :(

Akhonji

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: June 11, 2017, 11:28:05 AM »

So far as I can tell, missions don't work that way. But there's a limit to how many procurement, survey and analyze missions can exist at the same time in the Sector, so if you're running a lot of faction mods that would explain it.
(You can increase the number in base game's data/config/settings.json

Code: json
	"maxMarketProcurementConcurrent":30;
"maxAnalyzeEntityConcurrent":30;
"maxSurveyPlanetConcurrent":15;
Oh my gosh. I bet you anything this is my trouble. I have five or six extra factions I like to play around with, so the missions are just getting stretched thin. Thank you!!

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Nexerelin v0.8.1 "Apple Pie from Scratch" (update 2017-06-12)
« Reply #1392 on: June 12, 2017, 01:28:56 AM »

So people don't have to wait too long to start their new DynaSector games.

Also, random mode is back!

Nexerelin v0.8.1
Download

Changelog
Code
v0.8.1
* Reactivate random sector mode
* Compatibility updates for DynaSector, Ship/Weapon Pack
* Alliance members hate on their fellows who defy vote decisions
* Fix various Prism Freeport issues (in particular it now sells fighters again)
* Fix conquest mission UI issues
* Fix base administrator not changing faction on market capture
* Fix invasion fleets being purchasable against non-invadable markets
* Better handling of follower patrols and smuggling

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: June 12, 2017, 01:31:50 AM »

Thank you!
I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.

adimetro00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: June 12, 2017, 02:51:45 AM »

i'm confused about the whole random mode thing.
How does it work, basically? Does this only randomizes the core world part of the map and leaves the fringes to vanilla generation? Will it use the same hyperspace map or will it use random generation to place the hyperspace clouds? will the placement of the systems totally random now or will they be set in a certain location? Because seriously, thw exploration thing is really cool so i hope the random mode preserves the exploration part.
Oh, and i hope random mode account tor SB now.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 396