Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3012980 times)

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Nexerelin v0.7+ (new beta available 2015-12-09)
« Reply #645 on: December 13, 2015, 11:17:21 AM »

Although I might still wait for BRDY to get corvus mode support just in case, however long that will take (and if he intends to do it at all).

Corvus mode is not only fun because you can take over factions, but because the war between factions feels more intense and real (to me). Huge invasions fleets appear all the time and battles are littering the system. Although currently you mostly see Templar if you have them installed. Playing normal is all fun and all, currently choosing your fav faction and raising a large fleet that can take on anything.. but after you try Corvus mode and you feel feel that slowly the system is changing, you will not be able to go back.. well I won't.. XD

I have a question. Is it normal that Prism Freeport posts bounties , but instead of being around it, it is at Acheron that is on the top left of the map in Corvus mode? For me the Freeport is next to Duzahk system in the middle of the map.

Edit
Nevermind. I finally visited that distant star and there is a Prism Freeport in there too.. I wonder if I did something wrong.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 12:28:45 PM by weltall »
Ignorance is bliss..

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 13, 2015, 01:50:39 PM »

I'm enjoying very much a Corvus mode playthrough... except for the fact that Free Start stars you with a Monitor :P. A more worthless player ships I cannot find lol. The 10k starting vs 2k in the campaign is good enough if you win one fight and find something decent like a lasher.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 13, 2015, 02:20:27 PM »

I'm enjoying very much a Corvus mode playthrough... except for the fact that Free Start stars you with a Monitor :P. A more worthless player ships I cannot find lol. The 10k starting vs 2k in the campaign is good enough if you win one fight and find something decent like a lasher.

I thought it was random? At least for me, starting with my own faction started me with a Alastor.
Ignorance is bliss..

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 13, 2015, 04:07:41 PM »

I thought it was random? At least for me, starting with my own faction started me with a Alastor.

Oh! Well in that case I'm just going to restart until I get something else!

What is the difference between "free start" and your own faction, anyhow?

Jude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 13, 2015, 04:15:16 PM »

Free Start means your faction doesn't exist, and you don't belong to a faction. I'm pretty sure that's all.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 13, 2015, 04:21:02 PM »

Free Start means your faction doesn't exist, and you don't belong to a faction. I'm pretty sure that's all.

Also in Corvus mode you start with nothing (as in no planet for your faction). In the random galaxy you start with a planet and your faction is active. I am not sure if you start with more than one. Maybe it is random?
Ignorance is bliss..

mvlbrotherg24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 13, 2015, 04:22:53 PM »

Histidine I'm not sure what's going on with the planet generation. However, along with the sporadic economy certain suns can spawn as a market. This is causing my longer playthrough a lot of lag since I ships can't despawn cause they can't approach the sun. It looks like moths to a flame.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #652 on: December 13, 2015, 06:28:28 PM »

Oh! Well in that case I'm just going to restart until I get something else!
It always gives you a Monitor on own faction/free start without SS+, Alastor with it.

Monitor isn't the best starting ship but I couldn't think of a better choice: Tempest and Afflictor are too good, and I tried a solo Shade start and didn't like it. I could duplicate the Lasher or Wolf from the Hegemony/TT starts perhaps.

Histidine I'm not sure what's going on with the planet generation. However, along with the sporadic economy certain suns can spawn as a market. This is causing my longer playthrough a lot of lag since I ships can't despawn cause they can't approach the sun. It looks like moths to a flame.
Well, damn. Saw that bug once before but I thought I fixed it (and IIRC it was Sphinx that time too, although I checked and it wasn't the obvious bug). Went over the code again but couldn't find the source; I'll add a safety check at the start of the market adding code at least.

So...I came across said error once again, with no vanilla factions, and I don't know what to do.

There was no empty sectors this time, and all planets at least had a station.

Spoiler
2082156 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetManager  - Spawned 25 point economy fleet from [Zell] to [Effecer II View]
2082214 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.MarketConnectionActivityData  - Updating connection: [Oldat_Trading_Post_Vanilla]: trade (s: 2, l: 5), smuggling: (s: 0, l: 0)
2082309 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.MarketConnectionActivityData  - Updating connection: [Esuna_Freya]: trade (s: 9, l: 0), smuggling: (s: 0, l: 0)
2082492 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager  - Spawning invasion fleet for Mayorate; source Vivi; target Crick
2083566 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.getStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.refreshCharacterStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.increaseSkill(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.rpg.OfficerData.levelUp(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent.createOfficer(OfficerManagerEvent.java:194)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.addCommanderAndOfficer s(FleetFactoryV2.java:250)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.createFleet(FleetFactoryV2.java:168)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:152)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:372)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:466)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.processInvasionPoints(InvasionFleetManager.java:601)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.advance(InvasionFleetManager.java:634)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

oh, and I found another error as well, looks like it had the same thing in common with the "FleetFactoryV2".

Except it was a market issue.

Spoiler
3252887 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.CoreEventProbabilityManager  - Created MarketProcurementMission: domestic_goods to Polres Nest
3254140 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.refreshCharacterStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent.createOfficer(OfficerManagerEvent.java:194)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.addCommanderAndOfficer s(FleetFactoryV2.java:250)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.createFleet(FleetFactoryV2.java:168)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:152)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnSupportFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:345)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:472)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.processInvasionPoints(InvasionFleetManager.java:594)
[close]

Both happened on clean installs of Starsector & Nexerelin.
I keep staring at the code involved, and I still can't imagine how this can happen (and only in this one place). Just to check: You are using Starsector 0.7.1a-RC5, correct?

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 13, 2015, 07:03:35 PM »

Monitor isn't the best starting ship but I couldn't think of a better choice: Tempest and Afflictor are too good, and I tried a solo Shade start and didn't like it. I could duplicate the Lasher or Wolf from the Hegemony/TT starts perhaps.

Personally I too feel Alastor is too good for a starting ship. I never piloted a monitor, but I hate the little ships with large frontal surface that are easy targets XD. Which mod was the one responsible in 0.65.2a for asking the player what he was in his past and according he would get a different ship? That was much better, giving the option to start with different ships, be it if a player wants to start as a merchant, bountry hunter or civilian, or maybe between a bad, an ok or a good ship.
Ignorance is bliss..

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 13, 2015, 07:07:53 PM »

Pretty sure that's just Starsector Plus.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 13, 2015, 07:35:39 PM »

Ahhh!!! Very large bug!!!

When you have a commission: The Nexerelin events that stop hostilities between factions (protests, etc) adjust the faction relations, but not the players! This makes commissions impossible to maintain as the faction will start dinging the player for being hostile.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 13, 2015, 08:02:47 PM »

So...I came across said error once again, with no vanilla factions, and I don't know what to do.

Spoiler
2082156 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetManager  - Spawned 25 point economy fleet from [Zell] to [Effecer II View]
2082214 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.MarketConnectionActivityData  - Updating connection: [Oldat_Trading_Post_Vanilla]: trade (s: 2, l: 5), smuggling: (s: 0, l: 0)
2082309 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.MarketConnectionActivityData  - Updating connection: [Esuna_Freya]: trade (s: 9, l: 0), smuggling: (s: 0, l: 0)
2082492 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager  - Spawning invasion fleet for Mayorate; source Vivi; target Crick
2083566 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:372)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:466)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.processInvasionPoints(InvasionFleetManager.java:601)
[close]

oh, and I found another error as well, looks like it had the same thing in common with the "FleetFactoryV2".

Spoiler
3252887 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.CoreEventProbabilityManager  - Created MarketProcurementMission: domestic_goods to Polres Nest
3254140 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnSupportFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:345)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:472)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.processInvasionPoints(InvasionFleetManager.java:594)
[close]

I keep staring at the code involved, and I still can't imagine how this can happen (and only in this one place). Just to check: You are using Starsector 0.7.1a-RC5, correct?

While I'm not 100% certain this might be the case for you, did you happen to modify either:
   "officerSkillIncreasePerLevel":3,
   "officerMaxLevel":20,

in settings.json?
I was trying to play a game where I changed the officerSkillIncreasePerLevel to 5 instead of three, resulted in a crash every time on load with that exact error. Also crashed a short while after load in SS+ without Nexerelin.

Edit: I think what's going on here is that when setting those two beyond their mutual balance of 60, officers eventually max out everything and once they do so, bad things happen if the game attempts to level them up again.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 08:10:46 PM by Psiyon »

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 13, 2015, 10:38:02 PM »

What is the progress with supporting Blackrock in Corvus mode?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 13, 2015, 11:27:47 PM »

What is the progress with supporting Blackrock in Corvus mode?
Nexerelin and Corvus mode are now managed by each mod author, not Histidine (impossible to keep up with every single small update  for each mod) So ask Cycerin?

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 13, 2015, 11:42:28 PM »

Spoiler
2082156 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetManager  - Spawned 25 point economy fleet from [Zell] to [Effecer II View]
2082214 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.MarketConnectionActivityData  - Updating connection: [Oldat_Trading_Post_Vanilla]: trade (s: 2, l: 5), smuggling: (s: 0, l: 0)
2082309 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.MarketConnectionActivityData  - Updating connection: [Esuna_Freya]: trade (s: 9, l: 0), smuggling: (s: 0, l: 0)
2082492 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager  - Spawning invasion fleet for Mayorate; source Vivi; target Crick
2083566 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
[close]

Spoiler
3252887 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.CoreEventProbabilityManager  - Created MarketProcurementMission: domestic_goods to Polres Nest
3254140 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
[close]

While I'm not 100% certain this might be the case for you, did you happen to modify either:
   "officerSkillIncreasePerLevel":3,
   "officerMaxLevel":20,

in settings.json?
I was trying to play a game where I changed the officerSkillIncreasePerLevel to 5 instead of three, resulted in a crash every time on load with that exact error. Also crashed a short while after load in SS+ without Nexerelin.

Edit: I think what's going on here is that when setting those two beyond their mutual balance of 60, officers eventually max out everything and once they do so, bad things happen if the game attempts to level them up again.

@_@ well then now, I'll try that one then...

Yes, I did modify one of them (officerMaxLevel) but not past 60, it was on 50...

Also, I wanted to punch my keyboard, but I know what happens when you do that.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 396