Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013575 times)

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] Nexerelin v0.7+ (new beta available 2015-12-09)
« Reply #630 on: December 12, 2015, 12:35:00 PM »

I'd be nice to reduce the number of random accidents seeing as I get one every two mining trips.

Without being sure or knowing, I will say you can go in \mods\Nexerelin 0.7d\data\config\exerelin and edit miningConfig.json. Change "baseAccidentChance":0.5 to something lower like 0.1 or 0 and it will lower or remove it. Make sure to keep a backup of that file in case something goes wrong~

There is a danger factor on the bottom of the file, but I do not know what that is, but I am sure if you lower the base accident chance, accidents will become less.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:37:00 PM by weltall »
Ignorance is bliss..

OhNoesBunnies

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 12, 2015, 04:08:52 PM »

Is it just me or am I not able to invade anymore? Even with 100% chance... do I need to have a special ship now to invade (aside from shuttles?).

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 12, 2015, 04:53:26 PM »

I'd be nice to reduce the number of random accidents seeing as I get one every two mining trips.

Accidents happening greatly depends on the type of planet/moon mined. Volcanic/Toxic worlds are a lot more dangerous than gas planets or barren worlds.

Also, mining planets instead of moons increases danger by a fair amount.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #633 on: December 12, 2015, 06:26:02 PM »

Is it just me or am I not able to invade anymore? Even with 100% chance... do I need to have a special ship now to invade (aside from shuttles?).
Conflict with Mayorate, should be fixed in one mod or the other soon-ish. In the meantime, try opening Nexerelin/data/campaign/rules.csv, find all instances of HasMarines (there's three four of them) and change it to
HasMarines 1
(haven't tested yet)

Without being sure or knowing, I will say you can go in \mods\Nexerelin 0.7d\data\config\exerelin and edit miningConfig.json. Change "baseAccidentChance":0.5 to something lower like 0.1 or 0 and it will lower or remove it.
Yeah, this should work.
(although I don't think accidents are severe * common enough to make mining anywhere near unprofitable on their own, they can be ignored as long as you have enough supplies and spare green crew)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 07:21:45 PM by Histidine »

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 12, 2015, 06:43:05 PM »

alright, sorry for all the trouble before but it is now fixed in 0.7d :D

great job! seemed like it was only caused by 0.7 b? not sure but ya, theres no problem anymore ;)

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 12, 2015, 07:28:39 PM »

took a single station from the pirates (vanilla factions, hostile to the sindrian and church) and I'm getting swarmed by invasion fleets somewhere to the tune of 5-6 in a single month.

is this normal? Am I just not prepared to own my own station? When can my outposts start defending itself?
mmm.... tartiflette

OhNoesBunnies

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 12, 2015, 07:48:20 PM »

Conflict with Mayorate, should be fixed in one mod or the other soon-ish. In the meantime, try opening Nexerelin/data/campaign/rules.csv, find all instances of HasMarines (there's three four of them) and change it to
HasMarines 1
(haven't tested yet)

Gonna try this out right now and see if it fixes it.

Without being sure or knowing, I will say you can go in \mods\Nexerelin 0.7d\data\config\exerelin and edit miningConfig.json. Change "baseAccidentChance":0.5 to something lower like 0.1 or 0 and it will lower or remove it.
Yeah, this should work.
(although I don't think accidents are severe * common enough to make mining anywhere near unprofitable on their own, they can be ignored as long as you have enough supplies and spare green crew)

Incomptinence

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 13, 2015, 12:40:37 AM »

Hello I am having an error when setting the non corvus setup options to maximum:

Code
139266 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinSectorGen  - Creating moon Fezzan II
139266 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinSectorGen  - Creating planet Amarant
139266 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinSectorGen  - Creating moon Amarant I
139266 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinSectorGen  - Creating moon Amarant II
139677 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: bound must be positive
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: bound must be positive
at java.util.Random.nextInt(Unknown Source)
at org.lazywizard.lazylib.MathUtils.getRandomNumberInRange(MathUtils.java:676)
at exerelin.world.ExerelinSectorGen.buildSystem(ExerelinSectorGen.java:1343)
at exerelin.world.ExerelinSectorGen.generate(ExerelinSectorGen.java:709)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.M.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.int.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.O0oO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interfacesuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.null.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.U.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I go with the default setting and it works I have looked at the log myself and can't make heads or tails of it seems I can't have the big game I want although no one else seems to be having this problem hrrm.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #638 on: December 13, 2015, 01:02:43 AM »

Hello I am having an error when setting the non corvus setup options to maximum:

Code
139266 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinSectorGen  - Creating moon Fezzan II
139266 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinSectorGen  - Creating planet Amarant
139266 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinSectorGen  - Creating moon Amarant I
139266 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.world.ExerelinSectorGen  - Creating moon Amarant II
139677 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: bound must be positive
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: bound must be positive
at java.util.Random.nextInt(Unknown Source)
at org.lazywizard.lazylib.MathUtils.getRandomNumberInRange(MathUtils.java:676)
at exerelin.world.ExerelinSectorGen.buildSystem(ExerelinSectorGen.java:1343)
at exerelin.world.ExerelinSectorGen.generate(ExerelinSectorGen.java:709)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.M.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.int.dismiss(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.O0oO.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interfacesuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.null.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.U.o00000(Unknown Source)

I go with the default setting and it works I have looked at the log myself and can't make heads or tails of it seems I can't have the big game I want although no one else seems to be having this problem hrrm.
Looks like you ran out of planet names. (Yeah, I never imagined that would happen...)
You can open Nexerelin/data/config/exerelin/planetNames.json and add more names to try and resolve the issue. Although I'm not sure even trying to play such a big game is a good idea to begin with

cpmartins

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 13, 2015, 03:42:16 AM »

When I got a commission from the independents, I kept loosing rep for not being hostile with the Knight's Templar.
Problem is, they're gone!
Loving it so far btw. Huge fights. Thanks a lot for this.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 13, 2015, 04:42:14 AM »

took a single station from the pirates (vanilla factions, hostile to the sindrian and church) and I'm getting swarmed by invasion fleets somewhere to the tune of 5-6 in a single month.

is this normal? Am I just not prepared to own my own station? When can my outposts start defending itself?

I too was thinking that since no Major faction hates me, I should get a planet from the Pirates, since they hate me anyway. I clicked to see what planets they have.. yeah.. the list was huge. If anything they are the largest faction if you do not play a random map. I am pretty sure getting swarmed with enemy fleets, unhappy you took over one of their planets, is normal.

When I got a commission from the independents, I kept loosing rep for not being hostile with the Knight's Templar.
Problem is, they're gone!
Loving it so far btw. Huge fights. Thanks a lot for this.

Currently any faction would have that problem for sure. I am so scared to do anything to anger the Templar. Heck I am scared to even capture a planet and then see my faction's AI do something to make Templar hate me.. They are on a full out Crusade against the galaxy 25 hours a day, 8 days a week..
Ignorance is bliss..

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 13, 2015, 10:12:06 AM »

So...I came across said error once again, with no vanilla factions, and I don't know what to do.

There was no empty sectors this time, and all planets at least had a station.

Spoiler
2082156 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetManager  - Spawned 25 point economy fleet from [Zell] to [Effecer II View]
2082214 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.MarketConnectionActivityData  - Updating connection: [Oldat_Trading_Post_Vanilla]: trade (s: 2, l: 5), smuggling: (s: 0, l: 0)
2082309 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.MarketConnectionActivityData  - Updating connection: [Esuna_Freya]: trade (s: 9, l: 0), smuggling: (s: 0, l: 0)
2082492 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager  - Spawning invasion fleet for Mayorate; source Vivi; target Crick
2083566 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.getStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.refreshCharacterStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.increaseSkill(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.rpg.OfficerData.levelUp(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent.createOfficer(OfficerManagerEvent.java:194)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.addCommanderAndOfficer s(FleetFactoryV2.java:250)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.createFleet(FleetFactoryV2.java:168)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:152)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:372)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:466)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.processInvasionPoints(InvasionFleetManager.java:601)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.advance(InvasionFleetManager.java:634)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
[close]

oh, and I found another error as well, looks like it had the same thing in common with the "FleetFactoryV2".

Except it was a market issue.

Spoiler
3252887 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.CoreEventProbabilityManager  - Created MarketProcurementMission: domestic_goods to Polres Nest
3254140 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.getStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.refreshCharacterStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.increaseSkill(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.rpg.OfficerData.levelUp(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.OfficerManagerEvent.createOfficer(OfficerManagerEvent.java:194)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.addCommanderAndOfficer s(FleetFactoryV2.java:250)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.FleetFactoryV2.createFleet(FleetFactoryV2.java:168)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:152)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.spawnSupportFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:345)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.generateInvasionFleet(InvasionFleetManager.java:472)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.processInvasionPoints(InvasionFleetManager.java:594)
   at exerelin.world.InvasionFleetManager.advance(InvasionFleetManager.java:634)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
[close]

Both happened on clean installs of Starsector & Nexerelin.

Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Jude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 13, 2015, 10:19:49 AM »

"Remember that only Starsector Plus integrated factions will fully benefit from SS+ features!"

I've read and re-read over both of the mod descriptions and figured I'd ask, exactly what features are non-SS+ integrated factions missing out on? I've yet to try any of those yet so sorry if it's something completely obvious.

Also, I assume using a faction in corvus mode that doesn't support it just plain doesn't work. I'd love to play with that mode but I don't want to give up Blackrock Drive Yards. They're too fun both as an ally and enemy.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 13, 2015, 10:37:42 AM »

"Remember that only Starsector Plus integrated factions will fully benefit from SS+ features!"

I've read and re-read over both of the mod descriptions and figured I'd ask, exactly what features are non-SS+ integrated factions missing out on? I've yet to try any of those yet so sorry if it's something completely obvious.

Also, I assume using a faction in corvus mode that doesn't support it just plain doesn't work. I'd love to play with that mode but I don't want to give up Blackrock Drive Yards. They're too fun both as an ally and enemy.

I am pretty sure that it means that balance and tweaks SS+ are missing from them, making some Mods not balanced compared to the ones adjusted by SS+. Also special bounties and boss bounties will only be posted from factions that support SS+. At least that is what I thought up to now. A lot of people seem to be using factions that do not support SS+ with no problems.

If you use a faction in Corvus mode, that does not support it, it will probably just not try to invade others and it's planet will not be able to be captured. At least I remember my first playthrough was with a non Corvus faction and it loaded it fine in game. I would see them around, but I do not know what was missing.

Corvus mode definitely is worth it :D Ahhhhh painting the map in my own color.. what better end for a game.. :D
Ignorance is bliss..

Jude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 13, 2015, 10:44:45 AM »

I am pretty sure that it means that balance and tweaks SS+ are missing from them, making some Mods not balanced compared to the ones adjusted by SS+. Also special bounties and boss bounties will only be posted from factions that support SS+. At least that is what I thought up to now. A lot of people seem to be using factions that do not support SS+ with no problems.

If you use a faction in Corvus mode, that does not support it, it will probably just not try to invade others and it's planet will not be able to be captured. At least I remember my first playthrough was with a non Corvus faction and it loaded it fine in game. I would see them around, but I do not know what was missing.
I see. Maybe it's about time I tried some of the other factions then. Diable Avionics and Neutrino Corp in particular look really neat.

Although I might still wait for BRDY to get corvus mode support just in case, however long that will take (and if he intends to do it at all).
Hum, what others ones to try?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 396