Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3014833 times)

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Nexerelin v0.6.2 "ICE ICE Baby" (update 2015-10-24)
« Reply #450 on: November 06, 2015, 10:14:10 PM »

Mining is really lucrative, I pull in like 400-odd volatiles each mining cycle with a small fleet; and even without a shortage, I pull around 40-60 for each one on a size 6 market.

One could reduce the price of the items or reduce the payout, but I'm wondering if there's another option. Say, a third market that deals specifically with mining goods/tools.

Perhaps a method of reducing yield as you mine more; eventually you scoop up all the easy-to-get material. Thus necessitating a special method of digging deeper into the crust/atmosphere.

mangalore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 07, 2015, 11:26:22 AM »

You get bounties for killing enemies of the faction only if the friendly faction has a station or planet in system offering a bounty, just like Vanilla. That's not counting assassination bounties.

Ok, I'm not sure if it's Nexerlin or vanilla or Mayorate mod or me going crazy but I plainly don't get the unprovoked attack penalty mechincs (feel free to RFM me with a link). When I attacked a bounty, I had reputation loss for Mayorate and Tri Tacheyon which had holdings in the same system I assume. I thought they are allied/ friendly with pirates so maybe fair enough.

Now I followed a bounty called by the _Mayorate_ because of pirate activity in a system and I saw that they had switched the standing towards pirates to hostile (also saw fleets of them intercepting pirates) so I went to the bounty system, attacked a pirate and still got a relation loss with the _Mayorate_ for an unprovoked attack although they put out a bounty to attack pirates. The bounty also was only 2 weeks old and still active but I didn't get anything from the Mayorate, just bad rep. Does one need to goad bounties to attack themselves?

Not sure if the Mayorate mod hardcodes some pirate affiliation or Is there also a region around a planet where it is valid only and I was too far out but that's essentially what gets me mightily confused because it doesn't feel like Vanilla mechanics at all. Tried out hegemony and they seemingly don't have such problems, they put out a bounty, I went there, killed bounty, got money and reputation gain, the way I expected...

I really like what the mod does but I'm not quite getting what's going on there, hence my inquiries. I had random relations at start, can that cause some weirdness?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #452 on: November 07, 2015, 05:17:19 PM »

The warmonger event only triggers
if you invade a market, or summon an invasion fleet, or
you engage a fleet, and
- they aren't already hostile to the player
- they lose at least one ship
- they didn't (attack because you refused a customs inspection or fine, or were caught installing a comm sniffer)

The faction you're registered with only loses relationship from the event if they were inhospitable or better with the enemy faction prior to the event. Third-party factions require suspicious or better for any relationship loss.

If you're getting the event/relationship losses outside those circumstances, it's a bug. Do you have a save I can look at?

mangalore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 08, 2015, 09:20:43 AM »

If you're getting the event/relationship losses outside those circumstances, it's a bug. Do you have a save I can look at?

I'll check if I have a save file where I can reproduce the error and check your conditions. I checked around in various json files and found this: mayorate.json     "isPirateNeutral":"true", # Boolean

I set it to false. I'm not entirely sure (because now I have problems reproducing the problem resetting the above. Will see if I find a save game) but after setting this to false I could get mayorate bounties and reputation increase from attacking pirates in the same game I had problems in before (they had pirates set to hostile and had put out the bounties).

Either that has something to do with that or my game install has some weird stuff going on trying to drive me mad.

Only other scenario I could imagine right now: Does me as a player have separate relations with pirates and those were "good" (as starting out with the Mayorate) so other factions considered my attacks heinuous despite being hostile to pirates themselves as I attacked a friendly but now I dropped deep enough in relation with pirates that they consider it expected?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #454 on: November 09, 2015, 04:12:16 AM »

@Blaze: Gas giants probably yield too much stuff anyway, I might lower their output.

Resource depletion could be an interesting mechanic (makes the player look for new grounds), though I'd probably make the resources regenerate gradually (else it'd be pretty much the only thing in the Sector that wears out pemanently over time). Would probably cause trouble with asteroids though!*

*"Did I mine out that one already?"
I could remove worn-out asteroids, but they'd just get recreated on game load in Starsector 0.7.

Only other scenario I could imagine right now: Does me as a player have separate relations with pirates and those were "good" (as starting out with the Mayorate) so other factions considered my attacks heinuous despite being hostile to pirates themselves as I attacked a friendly but now I dropped deep enough in relation with pirates that they consider it expected?
If a faction is hostile to the faction you attack they won't get upset.

Well, I'll try to find the time to try and replicate anyway. In the meantime, feel free to nag me again if you see it again ;)

fgdfgfthgr

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 12, 2015, 10:01:14 PM »

There is a problem here, the nex is support the Fleaden mod.
But I can't find it in FAQ.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #456 on: November 12, 2015, 10:08:50 PM »

There is a problem here, the nex is support the Fleaden mod.
But I can't find it in FAQ.

I can explain why this is:

Fleaden support was dropped, but Nexerelin has not been updated since Fleaden support was dropped.

shuul

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 20, 2015, 09:07:42 AM »

Update?  :)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 20, 2015, 09:15:12 AM »

I'm going to be so happy when this mod gets updated - the update name can finally change. :D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #459 on: November 20, 2015, 06:08:23 PM »

Update?  :)
Eventually. I'd like to finish my vanilla playtest first, then see how the new features work with stuff and add a few new things. (And debugging, of course.)

I'm going to be so happy when this mod gets updated - the update name can finally change. :D
You should be thankful; my other candidate name for the release was "My Little Pegasus" (after celestis's PBC mod).

::)

:D

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 21, 2015, 04:28:40 PM »

It's always annoyed me that "independent" smugglers are mechanically above the law in Starsector, nowadays happily orbiting a station with their transceivers off within visual range of the patrol currently scolding me for having mine off. I think it'd an interesting (albeit possibly convoluted or currently impossible) system to set them to be pirates when "fully detected" by the player fleet in systems where the beacon is owned by the faction the player is a part of; personally I'd like to see them just be pirates permanently, ending the long-standing annoyance of chasing some of them as pirates all the way to a market where they bounce off the station and suddenly become "independent."
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 22, 2015, 11:45:28 AM »

Hi,

Can you please provide support for systems with more than just 8 planets?

Like 50 planets per system and like 50 stations?

Thanks, cuz I don't like hyperspace and really like in-system conflicts more than extra-system invasions.
Click here for FREE ships!               Plentysector               Robots With Souls

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 22, 2015, 12:51:48 PM »

Hi,

Can you please provide support for systems with more than just 8 planets?

Like 50 planets per system and like 50 stations?

Thanks, cuz I don't like hyperspace and really like in-system conflicts more than extra-system invasions.
>Implying you have a rig even remotely capable of running that at an acceptable framerate  :-\

@Histidine
Are you going to keep the existing faction relations system?

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 22, 2015, 01:07:22 PM »

>Implying you have a rig even remotely capable of running that at an acceptable framerate  :-\

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #464 on: November 22, 2015, 01:17:30 PM »

>Implying you have a rig even remotely capable of running that at an acceptable framerate  :-\

Starsector is single-thread, for the most part.  The best CPU for the game is a 6700K overclocked to 5+ GHz.

And what kind of CPU has 16 cores?  I thought the top-end Xeon had 18.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 03:01:36 PM by Dark.Revenant »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 396