Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 396

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3013919 times)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Nexerelin v0.3.6b (hotfix 2015-04-13)
« Reply #195 on: April 27, 2015, 06:50:24 AM »

You can indeed invade both planets and stations, i just won my Nexerelin playthrough by beaing a sneaky bugger and capping everything. ::)

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 27, 2015, 07:20:38 AM »

You can indeed invade both planets and stations, i just won my Nexerelin playthrough by beaing a sneaky bugger and capping everything. ::)

Prism Freeport is a special new feature in one of the recent Nexerelin releases.  It's a port in the middle of subspace controlled by independant which sells high end ships and weapons from all factions at a HUGE markup (200% tax).

It's NOT a normal port, it's closer to the Omnifactory.  The special function to invade it is completely missing.  It might work as a normal station, but currently only NPCs are able to attempt capture.

SO... either give the player the option to attempt to capture it, or fix it so that NPC fleets can't.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #197 on: April 27, 2015, 08:34:42 PM »

Oh, whoops. Thanks for reporting.

You can give it to yourself or an ally with the SetClosestMarketOwner command for now (it'll throw an error if you try to give it back to independents though).
Next version with the fix (and not-exploitable fleet requests, and hopefully making Templars not a steamroll machine) should be out soon-ish.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 28, 2015, 12:01:50 AM »

Templars steamroll? they die in the first 5 minutes almost every time unless i go out of my way to save them. being hostile to everything off the bat is pretty much a death sentence. :-\
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 12:07:05 AM by ValkyriaL »

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 28, 2015, 12:46:50 AM »

Templars steamroll? they die in the first 5 minutes almost every time unless i go out of my way to save them. being hostile to everything off the bat is pretty much a death sentence. :-\

Have you played the latest release?  He gave them something like a flat 25% calculation bonus, so now templar fleets wreck everything. It's OK though, I don't mind having my galaxy slowly taken over by templars.  It gives me a time challenge that I have to build up a templar-crushing fleet before I run out of friendly planets to trade with, and taking back the galaxy from templars is much more fun then, say, luddites.  If I decide it's too much I'll probably just disable templars, maybe re-enable them further down the line with the "respawn factions" option on.

As far as request-a-fleet, it doesn't actually seem that overpowered.  Trying to request one to help me with a 6 pop ends up costing over 100k, and then they just get eaten by the first templar fleet they come across anyway.  Buying enough fleets to actually take it would be closer to 2m, which I think is fairly reasonable.  If you give the requested fleets some other useful functions besides trying to help conquer the most ludicrously overpowered planets, it might make sense to increase their cost.

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 28, 2015, 10:24:47 AM »

Player faction not doing customs inspections doesn't seem to be working for me, since I just got a whopping 100k+ fee from a "Player Patrol".  I belong to the player faction atm.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Nexerelin v0.3.7b (QoL update 2015-04-29)
« Reply #201 on: April 29, 2015, 06:20:50 AM »

Accumulated fixes. Some gameplay changes to note:
  • The fleet request system has been significantly revamped
  • Invading a market will make that faction hostile even if no fleets touch you
  • You don't have to clean out all the patrols to deploy agents/saboteurs any more (that was super annoying)
  • Prisoners give more money when ransomed or sold into slavery (particularly significant early game)

Possible bug: loading may or may not work if there's an ongoing investigation into the player, I haven't had the opportunity to test.

Nexerelin v0.3.7b

Download (full version)
Patch (0.3.6b -> 0.3.7b)

Changelog
Code
* Reduce Templar invasion offense/defense bonuses to 12.5% (was 25%)
* Improved fleet request system
    * Has its own option tree, with configurable fleet size and marine count
    * Ships in a requested fleet are no longer free
    * Can summon a defense fleet to protect a non-hostile planet (don't put marines in it!)
* Invasion grace period 30 days -> 60
* Cathedral can appear in Luddic response fleets too; doesn't appear in fleets that are too small (<120 FP)
* Smarter check for nearby fleets to see if they should attack an invasion fleet
* Tweak fleet name prefixes to have higher FP bounds (i.e. an Invasion Fleet needs to be considerably bigger now to be called Grand)
* Response fleets can have custom names
* Templar fleets get custom names
* Remove patrols blocking agent/saboteur insertion (it's massively annoying and the security alert level is a much better balancing factor)
* Change some target weightings for agent relationship changes (in particular don't weigh current enemies so heavily for lowering relations)
* Reputation penalty from invading a market is applied when the command is issued, instead of when an alerted fleet touches the player
* Starting hostile, inhospitable relationships are -60 and -40 respectively (don't get to move up one level just by killing a bunch of their enemies' fleets)
* Random relationship range is now (-100, 55) instead of (-100, 100) for more wars
* Pirates default to hostile if randomizer doesn't set their relationship to something else
* Don't reset faction relationships to zero on faction elimination, if one of them is Templars
* Fix recycling plant producing too many rare metals
* Free port market condition is now a faction config option
    * No longer hardcoded in sector generator
    * Changes (along with tariffs) if market is captured
    * Current factions with free markets: Tri-Tachyon, Pirates, ASP Syndicate, Junk Pirates, Ahriman Association
* High-end seller is independent (fixes getting rep with Neutral for trading with it)
* NPC invasion fleets don't target independent markets
* Remove exception from changing independent market owner
* Remove high-end seller submarket icon (defaults to owner icon)
* Fix SCY faction config not working on Linux
* Double base prisoner cash values (per-level increments unchanged)
* Maybe fix own faction tolling, investigations (probably not, though)
* Investigations are cancelled if the market is captured
* Star maximum distance increment reduced
* Market list in faction directory is now sorted by star system and size
* Add "%" symbol to alert level display from intel report
* Fix "attack again" dialogue option
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:24:50 AM by Histidine »

NoPantsMcDance

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2015, 01:45:49 AM »

Found a bug where everytime they start a investigation on a comm relay the game just crashes. Unfortunately it happens each time I load the save. If you need more lemme know.

Code
286695 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.InvestigationEvent  - Starting investigation with suffix "start_comm_sniffer" at Kalymnos Relay (Kalymnos Star System). Delay: 0.000000, dur: 10.166431
286987 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at exerelin.campaign.events.ExerelinInvestigationEventCommSniffer.startEvent(ExerelinInvestigationEventCommSniffer.java:22)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.do.Object$String(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ooOO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.new.Òôo000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Zudgemud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2015, 05:38:46 AM »

Found a bug where everytime they start a investigation on a comm relay the game just crashes. Unfortunately it happens each time I load the save. If you need more lemme know.

Code
286695 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.InvestigationEvent  - Starting investigation with suffix "start_comm_sniffer" at Kalymnos Relay (Kalymnos Star System). Delay: 0.000000, dur: 10.166431
286987 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at exerelin.campaign.events.ExerelinInvestigationEventCommSniffer.startEvent(ExerelinInvestigationEventCommSniffer.java:22)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.do.Object$String(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ooOO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.new.Òôo000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

If you are unlucky it might be your character name, apparently Nexerelin or starsector have previously be known to dislike some non standard characters. So if you happen to be named "~*mÖrDeRfAzE*~" or similar you might be *** out of luck as dialogue or prompts including your name might crash the name. :/

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Nexerelin v0.3.7c (hotfix 2015-05-01)
« Reply #204 on: May 01, 2015, 06:05:53 AM »

Gah.

Nexerelin v0.3.7c

Download (full version)
Patch (0.3.6b -> 0.3.7c)

Changelog
Code
v0.3.7c
* Fix crash at start of comm sniffer investigation

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #205 on: May 07, 2015, 07:59:49 AM »

Okay, does anyone else think I overnerfed Templars? They got knocked out of my recent game (with about 8 other mod factions plus all the vanilla ones) and I didn't even notice.

I think I'll bump their bonuses up to 18.75% (binary search ahoy), and see if I can implement a proper victory screen in time for Everlazy's LP.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 07, 2015, 11:32:04 AM »

I haven't been playing much (started to play Skyrim again) so I haven't really noticed.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Nexerelin v0.3.8 (update 2015-05-09)
« Reply #207 on: May 09, 2015, 03:53:22 AM »

Pushing this update out for Everlazy's LP.

Nexerelin v0.3.8

Download (full version)
Patch (0.3.7c -> 0.3.8)

Changelog
Code
v0.3.8
* Add victory screen
* Invasion fixes/improvements
    * When picking a faction to invade someone else, Templars get a higher weighting for each faction they're at war with
    * Fix other factions not invading Templars if they aren't at war with anyone else
    * Factions prioritize invading non-Templar planets
    * Templar invasion attack bonus 12.5% -> 15%, defense bonus 12.5% -> 20%
    * Invasion/strike/response fleets have minimum quality factor 0.7 (prevents bugs with them sometimes being empty)
    * Requested fleets move to target immediately instead of orbiting origin market for a few days
    * Halve fleet request costs (both marines and ships)
    * Fix Templar invasion fleet name
    * Fix a couple of invasion text errors
* Templars post bounties
* Maybe fix own faction inspections for real this time
* Add a vanilla background

Everlazy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Everlazygames
« Reply #208 on: May 09, 2015, 07:52:08 PM »

Fantastic, thanks Histidine.  I'll get it updated and it will be active as of episode 13.
Let's Play Starsector --> http://www.youtube.com/c/everlazygames1

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 10, 2015, 05:04:55 AM »

Best mod ever, my gameplay mostly consists of how fast (real time) I can eliminate everyone on default settings. Very fun.

Keep up the great work
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 396