Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 399

Author Topic: [0.97a] Nexerelin v0.11.1b "Clausewitz Protocol" (update 2024-02-11)  (Read 3050663 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Nexerelin v0.7.4c "Head Start" (fix update 2016-03-19)
« Reply #960 on: March 25, 2016, 06:45:28 AM »

Found a bug you might want to know about since it isn't in the known bugs section.  Basically I attacked a pirate planet for my own faction and my marines failed me.  I was then able to get to the planet's opening screen (the one that asks you if you want to trade, refit ships, look at mission postings, ect.) by choosing the option "cancel" and then "back" even though the planet will not let me trade with them due to fighting nearby/being an enemy.  Attempting to trade then resulted in whats on the image and I had to close the game since it did not give me any options after "you decide to" and there was no way to exit.
Fixed in next version. The description helped me narrow it down, thanks :)

I somehow managed to become hostile with my own faction ("the followers"). I'm not sure at what point did it happen though, I only noticed it by accident when my smuggling activity caused the relations to drop even further and they became inhospitable to me. Is there any log of relationship change against player somewhere? And it seems "the followers" aren't present in the "Factions" tab at all so I can't even see their relationship with me and other factions.
Well, that sort of thing happens when you betray allies. But I made it not happen with the followers faction; you can use this fixed .jar (also increases rewards from conquest missions) if you don't want to wait for next Nexerelin update before backstabbing your friends. (Drop in Nexerelin/jars, overwriting the existing file)

Can't do much about the already-captured planet locking you out, unfortunately. You can use Console Commands to remove the tag if you know how, but I'm too lazy to look the exact code up right now...

(Followers relationship with other faction is always the same as yours, barring bugs. If you really want to be able to see their relationship with you or others in intel screen easily, open Nexerelin/data/world/factions/player_npc.faction and set showInIntelTab to true)

figvam

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 25, 2016, 08:39:17 AM »

Thanks, but I already improved relations with my followers by spending an army of prisoners.

As I understand, "the followers" are supposed to be your personal faction, with you as the leader, but at the same time there is a hidden relationship meter with them, too (which can drop and improve as with other factions). Is there a way to see it without flipping showInIntelTab?

Also, is there a way to form and disband pacts manually?

tofu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 25, 2016, 08:17:09 PM »

Hi! Just a quick suggestion - would it be possible for the followers to sell stuff depending on what you have conquered? So for example, if you conquer a Diable planet they start selling Diable ships and weapons, etc.

figvam

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 25, 2016, 11:37:11 PM »

I searched but couldn't find an answer - is it possible to increase market size at some planet/station, and if yes, how? I guess the station perks like industrial complex/supply workshop/recycling plant are predetermined and can't be built by the player? Likewise with the population...

figvam

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 26, 2016, 03:11:07 AM »

Can't do much about the already-captured planet locking you out, unfortunately. You can use Console Commands to remove the tag if you know how, but I'm too lazy to look the exact code up right now...

I just encountered another case of my planet locking me out. This time I approached it with the transponder off. There was a huge hostile invasion fleet orbiting it, and a tiny fleet with its transponder off circling the planet and the invasion fleet. I docked but couldn't do anything because "at least one followers patrol was tracking my movement". It appears that that tiny fleet was my faction patrol, but I couldn't even catch it to allow it to do its scan.

Even if I turn my transponder on, my stupid faction wouldn't allow me, its leader, to do anything on his own planet because of some tiny patrol (which, by the way, is happily flying around with its transponder off!). Frustrating to no end!

I understand all this stems from the fact that "the followers" are hacked to be "your" faction but in reality it's just a common faction with all its traits - it could become suspicious of you, it could even become hostile as evidenced by the hidden relationship meter.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #965 on: March 26, 2016, 03:29:24 AM »

As I understand, "the followers" are supposed to be your personal faction, with you as the leader, but at the same time there is a hidden relationship meter with them, too (which can drop and improve as with other factions). Is there a way to see it without flipping showInIntelTab?
Well, you can check the relationship band (when it's positive) by going to the military base submarket and seeing if anything is unbuyable at least.

Also, is there a way to form and disband pacts manually?
At present, no (barring the CreateAlliance and LeaveAlliance console commands). This may be implemented in the future, but when I can't say.

I searched but couldn't find an answer - is it possible to increase market size at some planet/station, and if yes, how? I guess the station perks like industrial complex/supply workshop/recycling plant are predetermined and can't be built by the player? Likewise with the population...
There's indeed no player control over markets at present; this will probably have to wait for Starsector's industry update (generally expected to be the next major one, coming at the end of the year). I could put my own implementation in Nexerelin before then, but given the UI issues involved this is unlikely.

I just encountered another case of my planet locking me out. This time I approached it with the transponder off. There was a huge hostile invasion fleet orbiting it, and a tiny fleet with its transponder off circling the planet and the invasion fleet. I docked but couldn't do anything because "at least one followers patrol was tracking my movement". It appears that that tiny fleet was my faction patrol, but I couldn't even catch it to allow it to do its scan.

Even if I turn my transponder on, my stupid faction wouldn't allow me, its leader, to do anything on his own planet because of some tiny patrol (which, by the way, is happily flying around with its transponder off!). Frustrating to no end!

I understand all this stems from the fact that "the followers" are hacked to be "your" faction but in reality it's just a common faction with all its traits - it could become suspicious of you, it could even become hostile as evidenced by the hidden relationship meter.
If it has its transponder off it's likely not a patrol. Also, the followers by default don't care if you dock with your transponder off, even if a patrol is chasing you at that very moment (just tested this, though not with a recently captured planet). Did you change anything else in the config?

Yeah, the hacked-faction handling of the followers faction isn't the best. When Alex implements full support for your-own-faction assets I should at least be able to adjust it to work properly. Or I could attempt a refactor now to put things under player.faction, although this may not work right for a few iterations (or ever).

figvam

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 26, 2016, 08:27:14 AM »

If it has its transponder off it's likely not a patrol. Also, the followers by default don't care if you dock with your transponder off, even if a patrol is chasing you at that very moment (just tested this, though not with a recently captured planet). Did you change anything else in the config?

No, haven't changed anything except for the showInIntelTabn setting.

I just encountered another station with the same issue. You are right, it wasn't patrol but "a fast picket". It was flying with the transponder off. It wanted to scan me because I matched the profile of a suspected smuggler :)

Maybe the smuggler reputation carries over the station captures? because I certainly smuggled something off that station, to lower its stability before capturing it. I do not trade on the black markets on my own planets.

*edit* lol, it found a suspicious amount of cargo and the reputation with the followers dropped 5 points :)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 26, 2016, 06:28:37 PM »

Just encountered this bug:

Code
1458720 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Starting diplomacy event creation
1458720 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Factions are: Hegemony, Tri-Tachyon
1458720 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Dominance factor: 0.1919192
1458720 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Trying event: Prisoner Exchange
1458720 [Thread-4] INFO  sound.O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
1458726 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
1459167 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
1459167 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
1459187 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getCommissionFaction()Ljava/lang/String;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getCommissionFaction()Ljava/lang/String;
at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.adjustRelations(DiplomacyManager.java:268)
at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.adjustRelations(DiplomacyManager.java:298)
at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.doDiplomacyEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:311)
at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.createDiplomacyEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:397)
at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.createDiplomacyEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:427)
at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.advance(DiplomacyManager.java:607)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I had just gotten out of a fight with the Luddic Path where I lost a ship. Free start, no bases of my own yet, no commission.
Thanks as always for the fun mod!

figvam

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 26, 2016, 10:53:52 PM »

Well, I suspect there is a bug related to smuggling at our own planets/stations. I just visited my own planet and bought some small things off its official market (I never trade at the black markets at my systems). Upon leaving I was hit with a reputation drop due to smuggling, see screenshot. I *was* smuggling there before the planet capture, but it was probably several months ago - can't find it in the event log for a cycle for some reason, though my leaving Diable faction *is* there. My suspicion level at that system is currently medium.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #969 on: March 27, 2016, 03:13:40 AM »

Just encountered this bug:

Code
1458720 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Starting diplomacy event creation
1458720 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Factions are: Hegemony, Tri-Tachyon
1458720 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Dominance factor: 0.1919192
1458720 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Trying event: Prisoner Exchange
1458720 [Thread-4] INFO  sound.O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
1458726 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
1459167 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
1459167 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
1459187 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getCommissionFaction()Ljava/lang/String;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getCommissionFaction()Ljava/lang/String;
at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.adjustRelations(DiplomacyManager.java:268)
at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.adjustRelations(DiplomacyManager.java:298)
at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.doDiplomacyEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:311)
at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.createDiplomacyEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:397)
at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.createDiplomacyEvent(DiplomacyManager.java:427)
at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.advance(DiplomacyManager.java:607)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
This is caused by an out-of-date Nexerelin version, try updating.
(this is me recommending Version Checker before Meso does)

Well, I suspect there is a bug related to smuggling at our own planets/stations. I just visited my own planet and bought some small things off its official market (I never trade at the black markets at my systems). Upon leaving I was hit with a reputation drop due to smuggling, see screenshot. I *was* smuggling there before the planet capture, but it was probably several months ago - can't find it in the event log for a cycle for some reason, though my leaving Diable faction *is* there. My suspicion level at that system is currently medium.
I don't know how long smuggling suspicion sticks around normally, but it isn't reset on market capture. I'll see if I can make it do so.

figvam

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 27, 2016, 04:52:46 AM »

Thanks for all your work on the mod, it's excellent despite these quirks!

I'm probably getting on your nerves already, but here's another bug probably related to some internal planet data not being reset after the planet capture.

I just captured a planet from the Sindrian Dictate. 2 days after the capture, the planet launched an executor fleet targeted at me. Despite being named "followers executors", the message in the log carries the Sindian Dictate flag, see the screenshot. I returned to the planet and lingered near it for a few days but didn't see any fleet.

[attachment deleted by admin]

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 27, 2016, 06:11:32 AM »

Thanks for all your work on the mod, it's excellent despite these quirks!

I'm probably getting on your nerves already, but here's another bug probably related to some internal planet data not being reset after the planet capture.

I just captured a planet from the Sindrian Dictate. 2 days after the capture, the planet launched an executor fleet targeted at me. Despite being named "followers executors", the message in the log carries the Sindian Dictate flag, see the screenshot. I returned to the planet and lingered near it for a few days but didn't see any fleet.

I've had this happen multiple times. I think it's triggered by conquering a planet preparing a kill fleet, which means this only shows up when the enemy faction is vengeful. I usually ignore it, absolutely nothing happens.

figvam

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 27, 2016, 07:41:48 AM »

Well, it seems that *any* trade I do with the followers is considered smuggling. I just completed a mission involving harvested organs netting 1.1 million at Sagan. I got 185k experience and also -3 rep hit with the followers, see the screenshot.

*edit* Looks like there is something deeply wrong with the followers faction in my game. I saw a followers mercantile convoy running from the followers detachment (assault). And another followers fleet (patrol) "maintaining contact" with the same mercantile convoy. They converged near the followers planet, then circled near each other but didn't fight. The mercantile convoy descended to the planet and the patrol started to pursue the followers mining fleet that was hanging out nearby. The fleet fled to the planet as well. The patrol then switched to pursuing the first followers detachment (assault) which was standing down from patrol duty. The patrol still circled it when I left the scene after a day or two.

Have they gone rogue on me? :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 08:14:06 AM by figvam »

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 27, 2016, 10:03:26 AM »

Well, it seems that *any* trade I do with the followers is considered smuggling. I just completed a mission involving harvested organs netting 1.1 million at Sagan. I got 185k experience and also -3 rep hit with the followers, see the screenshot.

*edit* Looks like there is something deeply wrong with the followers faction in my game. I saw a followers mercantile convoy running from the followers detachment (assault). And another followers fleet (patrol) "maintaining contact" with the same mercantile convoy. They converged near the followers planet, then circled near each other but didn't fight. The mercantile convoy descended to the planet and the patrol started to pursue the followers mining fleet that was hanging out nearby. The fleet fled to the planet as well. The patrol then switched to pursuing the first followers detachment (assault) which was standing down from patrol duty. The patrol still circled it when I left the scene after a day or two.

Have they gone rogue on me? :)
Clearly you've somehow managed to start a civil war.  ;D

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 27, 2016, 01:32:27 PM »

This is caused by an out-of-date Nexerelin version, try updating.
(this is me recommending Version Checker before Meso does)

[/quote]

Hrrrm... I am 99% sure I have the latest version, but I will do a clean re-install of Nexerelin just to be sure.

[Edit]
Ah - there was an old version also kicking around in the mods folder, which was fooling version checker. Weird.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 03:38:35 PM by Thaago »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 399